Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroockerd View Post
Man I get what your saying. Your thread asked how this deserved it. I'm trying to make you see both sides.

Is it a bit extreme? Sure! Does he have a right? Sure! When I have this issue its generally cause I got a good deal. However, in this case you set the price so it seems that is far from the case. All I'm saying though is he had a bit of a right to be upset and the DC made it harder to understand. I didn't know people printed without cards. I mean I package and weigh so I know the card arrives safe. I guess with be card though the standard 3 oz rule applies.

A better way to deal with this may have been to approach him and try to reason cause he could have had it removed. This way its never likely getting removed though. I guess we live and learn.
I think the bigger question is was this really a "negative" transaction? That's what iTrader is for. When someone really had a bad situation and others need to know how negative it was for them. There is a reason their is a middle of the road option (and yes I know you said you'd have done this - I'm just quoting off your post)

I'm not Platinum. Maybe this was the one card in the world he had to have. Maybe $6 was all he had to his name in his card budget. Maybe this truly was a Negative - but I doubt it.

A neutral would clearly show the OP messed up, the buyer was irritated, but with no prior history you get your refund and walk away.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

If you're gonna leave a feedback, don't lie in it. I see people trying to see the other side with the feedback, but be truthful. Say you got a refund. I got a negative that was all a lie. I had prove and everything and the member got bashed because of it. If you're gonna leave bad feedback for transactions that may or may not deserve it, at least be honest in the feedback.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #53 (permalink)

I can honestly say I've even made this mistake as a seller. I was almost certain I had a Larry Fitz auto and confirmed the trade on another site. Well, went to look for it and after searching most of the day, I could not find it.

I told the buyer that I would look again in the morning and that if I could not find it, I would offer a refund and the other cards he wanted sent as well or if he was okay with me returning from a trip, I would look in more detail. He was nice enough to wait and I found it once I got back home and it was shipped out the next day.

Yes, it would have been disappointing for both sides, but at least I did all I could to make things right and he was patient. Mistakes happen and sometimes patience needs to come into effect.

HOF Auto needs (276/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

I just bought an item on Ebay that the seller now claims they can't find (it was a BIN). I've asked them to keep looking before refunding my money, but if they don't then I'd be willing to cancel the transaction without leaving feedback, and move on. I expect people to be conscientious in their dealings, but this kind of mistake happens and the seller has take steps to resolve the situation satisfactorily.

I know this is tough from a buyer's perspective, but I hope that the OP understands that any mistake he might make as a seller in the future will be viewed harshly, given the standards to which he holds others.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #55 (permalink)

Where I can see it can be frustrating as a buyer wanting the card, but sometimes you just have to deal with it. Seller reached out to help. It would have been one thing it if just refunded without letting you know what was going on.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #56 (permalink)

how would PP deal w/this if it was on ebay and say bigboyd or tnt sold him something they didnt have? Would he leave a neg on that after getting a refund in full and an apology message? They have a huge inventory and things get listed twice or don't get changed. there are plenty of people who use multiple outlets to sell too and at times cannot get them down in time.
I've had inventory issues on sportlots, some my errors, other sportlot checklist errors and I have refunded or fixed the situation. I only have one negative on there out of 563 feedbacks received and over 4000 cards sold, and that was from someone who stole cards and said they never got them, and still got a full refund.

I could tell someone to CMB and I bet nearly everything in there is not sorted correctly and I might make a mistake if I was not at home to physically see my inventory.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilngo View Post
Where I can see it can be frustrating as a buyer wanting the card, but sometimes you just have to deal with it. Seller reached out to help. It would have been one thing it if just refunded without letting you know what was going on.
I have had this happen a few times and in each case it was because the item sold too cheap and there was no communication or if so it was a bunch of lies and excuses. In that case, I would understand the neg but this not only was not like that but instead the seller was open, honest and professional. I have a feeling that Platinum is going to fix this. He is usually pretty level headed and after he cools down I think he'll realize this isn't what he originally perceived.

Edit: Not going to remove what I typed here but want it to be said that I was wrong. Both in my opinion of this person and what I thought was going to happen to fix this.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 06-05-2013 at 09:24 PM.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #58 (permalink)

29 bid retractions in the last 6 months from platinum on Ebay. you would think being a seller him self, he would have a little more common decency towards other sellers.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
29 bid retractions in the last 6 months from platinum on Ebay. you would think being a seller him self, he would have a little more common decency towards other sellers.
Well I can only hope that he has a change of heart and realizes he was a bit harsh about this. I honestly felt real bad and wanted to give him a better money card, I just didnt have anything else he wanted besides one card that was sold on Monday in my Lamar Miller sale thread.
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #60 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
You should contact a Mod about this and get it removed. I for one won't be dealing with Platinum no longer. Harsh leaving a neg over something small like this. Lying about it in the neg feedback shows much about his character. Then 29 bid retractions also people don't use much common sense on here, they never look at it from both sides.
Bio: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/get-know-your-group-break-hosts/730763-pejarox7620.html
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #61 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejarox7620 View Post
You should contact a Mod about this and get it removed. I for one won't be dealing with Platinum no longer. Harsh leaving a neg over something small like this. Lying about it in the neg feedback shows much about his character. Then 29 bid retractions also people don't use much common sense on here, they never look at it from both sides.
Agreed....
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
Well I can only hope that he has a change of heart and realizes he was a bit harsh about this. I honestly felt real bad and wanted to give him a better money card, I just didnt have anything else he wanted besides one card that was sold on Monday in my Lamar Miller sale thread.
Don't worry about it..You did everything right!!! He acts like you are supposed to wear the card around you neck or something.
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #63 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by wju2004 View Post
I can honestly say I've even made this mistake as a seller.
I have as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
I agree with this, I post cards from my bucket and do not always have a card in hand since they are locked up. If I sold one and could not locate it I would do the same thing OP did and eat the loss. definitely not neg worthy IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I also print them the as soon as a sale is complete although yes, I package them first to make sure weight is correct. What is your insinuation, that he is making this up to sell it to someone else for $8? C'mon man, this doesn't make sense. If it was like the other thread with the Puig redemption I would see your concern but I'm sure that isn't the case here.

I print labels right after sale then write on the label what card it is.I agree w/ both really a jackhole move

6 dollar cards really get people fired up I guess. Must have had big plans for it
Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #64 (permalink)

Ya thats messed up. Not negative worthy at all
Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejarox7620 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Agreed....
Thanks all I felt like I did all I could. Who would I contact or where about the negative, what MOD?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
Thanks all I felt like I did all I could. Who would I contact or where about the negative, what MOD?
iluvfish....
wegoingsizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #67 (permalink)

If the transaction was negative it deserves a negative feedback. Simply put. Im not going to nor do i intend to have the negative removed. Its easy. Do not sell a card you do not own... Im done posting in this thread. Obviously everyone here needs to reevaluate their definitions of right and wrong. I don't care what people think about me. If i deal with you and pay you, then at least have what i am paying for.

http://s1063.beta.photobucket.com/user/PlatinumPlus502/library/
PlatinumPlus502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlus502 View Post
If the transaction was negative it deserves a negative feedback. Simply put. Im not going to nor do i intend to have the negative removed. .
I am pretty sure it will be in due time with or without you
Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I am pretty sure it will be in due time with or without you
Seconded and very disappointed in his response. Even with time away to reflect, no clarity was achieved. I edited my above post (#57) to better reflect my current feelings.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 06-05-2013 at 09:33 PM.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
iluvfish....
Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
If the transaction was negative it deserves a negative feedback. Simply put. Im not going to nor do i intend to have the negative removed. Its easy. Do not sell a card you do not own... Im done posting in this thread. Obviously everyone here needs to reevaluate their definitions of right and wrong. I don't care what people think about me. If i deal with you and pay you, then at least have what i am paying for.
All class right there!
FWIW, I'll deal with the OP anytime.
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well then you deserve a neg because his experience with you was negative. Simply put

Thanks for the heads up op. blocked buyer so I don't run into a headache
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #73 (permalink)

I think platinum was within his rights, period.
The op felt he had a plausable excuse, but that is not how it works.

Reflect on sexual harassment, it's not how you feel but the other person.

OP going to the mods to piss and moan to have it removed, laughable and a lesson to you all.

If he gets it removed, then consider the next time when you have a problem BUT other people think you are being to hard and the mods will fix it for the other guy
Oh I am sure the bulk of you would piss and moan and while I expect you to sympathize with the OP Jim, you should be the one saying it was the buyers option based on how upset he was, period.

Some of you people want it both ways
Itrader is a joke now, period.

Well, said my piece, unsubbing so I can avoid the moaning and wailing that is sure to follow

NEG HIM...DONT NEG HIM....what a bass ackwards community we have become This isn;t retaliatory or false feedback, PLAIN AND SIMPLE

TTFN !
Old 06-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #74 (permalink)

now read the older, other thread that just got bumped by bo detectives ..

Sigh...PlatinumPlus502

and see if your opinion changes
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #75 (permalink)

Ha this is his quotes

"i would appreciate it people if i would be given the benefit of the doubt, not just slammed for no reason."

....hmmm slamming me for little reason......

"I already informed blowout to remove this post for defamation of character. I'm getting sick and tired of having my good name slammed for no reason."

.....good name lol......thanks for posting that link ricksam!