Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlus502 View Post
He offered me to pick another card or he'd refund me. I selected a card listed. He said he didn't have it then refunded me without giving me a chance to respond to that either. Either way, once i paid and a dc # was given to me i was to assume nothing other than the card was shipped. I know people make mistakes but cmon , the card was listed by itself, scanned by itself, sold and had a dc # attached to it after it sold.

The fact that the seller even saw need to make this thread is an insult to me. Shame on me? No; shame on you.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #77 (permalink)

perhaps more people will ignore the platinum fool now, eh?

bid retractions, hypocrisy... just a great person to deal with, right!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #78 (permalink)

Karma is a bit*h.
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I am pretty sure it will be in due time with or without you
I think we should let Bono sing it too him as the mod is removing the neg. A little neg removal serenade.

17 - U2 With Or Without You (Slane Castle Live) HD - YouTube
Old 06-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #80 (permalink)

No thoughts on leaving a neg for him? Seems far more warranted than his to you...

Just give me a heads up, I'll crap the booze out, have a mint, good to go.
davidsemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #81 (permalink)

Well, you did offer a more valuable card is why, if I was platinum I would have given a positive.
lukeouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #82 (permalink)
Banned

Neg worthy.

A mistake is a mistake,Since when did the blow hards all become so sensative?Or is the OP a good ol boy on the boards? Who is to say a seller did not sell the card or trade it to someone else for more money or a nice card?Platinum was the buyer and fulfilled his duties and the op should have as well.

I once was a new member here and made a mistake and got lynched by a good portion of the members here that is defending the OP.I messed up and was honest while making no excuses or fairy tales to what happened.I guess its cool to back out on a deal now as long as you create a scenario (whoops the card got lost or my dog ate it)I am not saying that the OP is lying or backed out on a deal but this is why his mistake warrants the negative...just my thoughts.It is ok for some members to make a msitake like this but not all?

Last edited by penny1fan; 06-06-2013 at 02:15 AM.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Neg worthy.

A mistake is a mistake,Since when did the blow hards all become so sensative?Or is the OP a good ol boy on the boards? Who is to say a seller did not sell the card or trade it to someone else for more money or a nice card?Platinum was the buyer and fulfilled his duties and the op should have as well.

I once was a new member here and made a mistake and got lynched by a good portion of the members here that is defending the OP.I messed up and was honest while making no excuses or fairy tales to what happened.I guess its cool to back out on a deal now as long as you create a scenario (whoops the card got lost or my dog ate it)I am not saying that the OP is lying or backed out on a deal but this is why his mistake warrants the negative...just my thoughts.It is ok for some members to make a msitake like this but not all?
Problem with what your saying is that I offered to lose more by offering up a card worth more than the $6 card. He could of chose a better card but said he saw nothing. ....I then immediately refunded.
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #84 (permalink)

You are good in my mind op, even with the neg. Thanks for telling your story and being as completely civil as could be.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

OP i understand you did everything you could of to make it right with the the buyer.I personally would have worked things out with you and would deal with you moving forward no doubt.

The situation does warrant the negative due to the large grey area of scenarios sellers or traders could use such as excuses for backing out of deals.Do I think you backed out of a deal for a $6 card? Heck no but due to the situation I think platinum has the right to leave the negative and it seems pretty warranted.I have seen members get negged for shipping methods even though cards arrived as described.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
OP i understand you did everything you could of to make it right with the the buyer.I personally would have worked things out with you and would deal with you moving forward no doubt.

The situation does warrant the negative due to the large grey area of scenarios sellers or traders could use such as excuses for backing out of deals.Do I think you backed out of a deal for a $6 card? Heck no but due to the situation I think platinum has the right to leave the negative and it seems pretty warranted.I have seen members get negged for shipping methods even though cards arrived as described.
I do believe kopper is telling the truth in this sitaution and he did seem to go above and beyond to try and fix the situation but you certinly do make a very valid point in the part I highlighted.

If they remove it what happens when another member sells something for lets say $10. Before they pack it up they get another offer for $15 bucks. Can they just say they lost it as well? Again, I do believe everything kopper is saying and I know he would not do this over 6 stinking dollars. I would hope no one would do this no matter what the amount of money is. *cough cough* army willc *cough cough*But as we already know some members on here are capable of being greedy and doing this to members. I wont name namescough And if people are gonna be able to use the I lost it excuse with no consequences then why would they not try to get more for it, even after they sold it to you. More money with no repercussions. The money will win that argument 100% of the time. Especially with some of the greed mongers on here.

Perhaps this is why awhile back they put in the rules that a card cannot be offered for sale or trade until it was in hand. Because of things like this. Even though I know its not the exact same scenario as trying to sell something on here they you have in route, but its pretty close.

This thread is a poster child for the reasons I will not buy a card without actually seeing it first. With me, no scan= no sale.

Another way and must I say very,very simple and easy way to avoid this problem is too actually look to make sure you have the card before you post a sales thread.

Thats not a shot at you kopper but just some friendly advice to anyone, including myself, who sells on here. It may take a few extra minutes but its worth it to avoid this kind of stuff.

Last edited by cking; 06-06-2013 at 03:45 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #87 (permalink)

I have thousands of cards inventoried in my photobucket. It makes it convenient when putting a card up for sale when you're out of the house, on vacation, or just anywhere away from your stash. I've run into the same problem as the OP On one occassion before. Sometimes you sell a card and forget to erase it from your bucket. Sh!t happens.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewild3 View Post
I have thousands of cards inventoried in my photobucket. It makes it convenient when putting a card up for sale when you're out of the house, on vacation, or just anywhere away from your stash. I've run into the same problem as the OP On one occassion before. Sometimes you sell a card and forget to erase it from your bucket. Sh!t happens.
I guess when it happens you just gotta hope the person who is buying from you is a reasonable person. Which I think most people would be.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I guess when it happens you just gotta hope the person who is buying from you is a reasonable person. Which I think most people would be.
Very well said. I won't say I've been perfect this entire time myself. But I've done my best to handle things and please everyone. That's all you can ask for really.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
now read the older, other thread that just got bumped by bo detectives ..

Sigh...PlatinumPlus502

and see if your opinion changes
Sounds like the dude is pig headed and obviously runs with his double standards to suit himself in his small little world he lives in .

Sorry to hear you had to run into this piece of work OP.
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #91 (permalink)

Crapitudes like yours are why I steer clear of the Basketball Forum Cesspool. There are so many people here that cannot tell a simple right from wrong it is scary. Mistakes do happen. It is not always necessary to get all butthurt and sling negatives especially when it is 2 days later over a $6 card.

Go ahead and chase away all the "good ole boys" and enjoy dealing with the scammers that remain.

I looked at Platinum's feedback which is slightly lower than mine and he has left 8 negatives (2 of them to Haiku make what you want of that)!! Does anybody recognize a pattern here or is Platinum the most unlucky trader on the boards?

Quote:
Neg worthy.

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 06-06-2013 at 08:00 AM.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Crapitudes like yours are why I steer clear of the Basketball Forum Cesspool.

Does anybody recognize a pattern here or is Platinum the most unlucky trader on the boards?
Agreed with point 1 100%. On point two I also agree 100%. Platinum told me that he is so mad because this is his "fourth horribly pathetic transaction i have had here on blowout in the past two months". I thought the same as you. Either he is very very unlucky or a bit of a drama queen. Your call.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #93 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Agreed with point 1 100%. On point two I also agree 100%. Platinum told me that he is so mad because this is his "fourth horribly pathetic transaction i have had here on blowout in the past two months". I thought the same as you. Either he is very very unlucky or a bit of a drama queen. Your call.
jmsoggybottom is right! Stand down, soldier!
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #94 (permalink)

I think he was within his rights to leave a neg.

At the end of the day some people just want the card(s) they pay for and expect.

Myself?

Sure I would have let it slide. But for the buyer if it was a negative transaction, and I think we can agree it was since he didnt get what he paid for, hes not wrong to leave appropriate feedback.

As a seller, does it suck getting a neg over a $5 card? Sure but he made the mistake so hes got to accept the consequences. Work better next time to ensure the same mistake is avoided.

Even in light of the buyer supposedly being a hypocrite, I stand by my belief that if it was a negative transaction for him, hes within his rights to leave a negative and thats that!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #95 (permalink)

it's almost like he was just waiting for this situation to happen to him so he could drop a neg like he received for not shipping for 2 weeks (though how he equates not shipping for 2 weeks to losing the card and being told within 48 hours is beyond me).

either way, the guy's been on my ignore list for a while- glad to see i wasn't wrong.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #96 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post
I think he was within his rights to leave a neg.
I think we can agree it was since he didnt get what he paid for, hes not wrong to leave appropriate feedback.
hes within his rights to leave a negative and thats that!
No sorry do not agree. Common sense taken into affect voids the rationale. Even with the "thats that" and exclamation point.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
No sorry do not agree. Common sense taken into affect voids the rationale. Even with the "thats that" and exclamation point.
By JzWands justification every single deal on here could be interpreted as negative. If someone doesnt respond quick enough when you ask for tracking update. NEG! Someone doesnt ship the NEXT day?? NEG! Card was shipped in a USED bubble mailer??? NEG!!! Its ALL subjective. If a guy wants to be a big enough douche then every transaction could be interpereted as negative. But where do we draw the line?? As a group we shold ALL be held to the same standard, Platinum if its somethig you would NEVER EVER want a neg over. Don't leave one, simple as that. Youre just being a sandy vag and you know it man. Im seriously ashamed of you.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #98 (permalink)

for those who say the neg is ok. have you ever gone to the store/car dealership and brought the Ad with you for the item you wanted? When you got there has your item ever been out of stock? What did you do? did you go around bad mouthing the store or did you buy something else or just walk out and chock it up to crap luck? I hope none of you are ever in the position where you thought you had something and then didn't but did everything possible to make it right, and still got the crap kicked out of you. this thread and PP's previous one show the 2 sides of this person, it is ok for him to screw someone but when the shoe's on the other foot and it was made right quickly he says the world is ending.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #99 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
By JzWands justification every single deal on here could be interpreted as negative. If someone doesnt respond quick enough when you ask for tracking update. NEG! Someone doesnt ship the NEXT day?? NEG! Card was shipped in a USED bubble mailer??? NEG!!! Its ALL subjective. If a guy wants to be a big enough douche then every transaction could be interpereted as negative. But where do we draw the line?? As a group we shold ALL be held to the same standard, Platinum if its somethig you would NEVER EVER want a neg over. Don't leave one, simple as that. Youre just being a sandy vag and you know it man. Im seriously ashamed of you.
yes sir on the same page...
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
No, he seriously doesn't. We have discussed it at great length via PM and he 100% completely feels this was an egregious act that he must inform the masses about and go after.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote