Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
By JzWands justification every single deal on here could be interpreted as negative. If someone doesnt respond quick enough when you ask for tracking update. NEG! Someone doesnt ship the NEXT day?? NEG! Card was shipped in a USED bubble mailer??? NEG!!! Its ALL subjective. If a guy wants to be a big enough douche then every transaction could be interpereted as negative. But where do we draw the line?? As a group we shold ALL be held to the same standard, Platinum if its somethig you would NEVER EVER want a neg over. Don't leave one, simple as that. Youre just being a sandy vag and you know it man. Im seriously ashamed of you.
Of course there is a line and like I said I would have let it slide.
But I would say the buyer not getting what he paid for and not liking the alternatives makes it a negative transaction for him.
That doesnt really seem unreasonable to me TBH.

I do think the OP did try to rectify the problem the best he could . But at the end of the day hes unfortunately the one who made the mistake and sometimes when you make a mistake with the wrong person (going by the buyers history and rep) we end up where we are.

Regarding the value that others mentioned I dont believe that really matters.

I recently bought a $3.50 card on ebay that rarely pops up because the player just doesnt have many cards period.
If the seller had come back and said I dont have it anymore, is there another card you would like, that really wouldnt have helped me out much.

Yeah youd rather get your refund than nothing, but sometimes its just about getting the card (or any item) you bought and were expecting.

Anyways just my position!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #102 (permalink)
Banned

Again... if you want to leave a negative don't lie in it. That's what bothers me
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
No, he seriously doesn't. We have discussed it at great length via PM and he 100% completely feels this was an egregious act that he must inform the masses about and go after.
Simply amazing. Glad I won't ever have to deal with him!
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #104 (permalink)
Banned

So the majority of you think it is safe to play in the grey area now?So if I were to be dishonest in the past it may have avoided my neg?

" Hi Paul,

Hey man I can't seem to find them Rodman cards!Willing to replace them with something else or issue you a refund.Sorry!?!?"

All of you proud members are starting to become hypocritical it seems?I guess the Itrader score means nothing anymore being that there is exceptions for certain members / transactions.

A mistake is a mistake regardless of an honest mistake or not.How do do you determine someones honesty?This is what the Itrader is for.For now on every member must take a poll before leaving a negative,since when!?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
So the majority of you think it is safe to play in the grey area now?So if I were to be dishonest in the past it may have avoided my neg?

" Hi Paul,

Hey man I can't seem to find them Rodman cards!Willing to replace them with something else or issue you a refund.Sorry!?!?"

All of you proud members are starting to become hypocritical it seems?I guess the Itrader score means nothing anymore being that there is exceptions for certain members / transactions.

A mistake is a mistake regardless of an honest mistake or not.How do do you determine someones honesty?This is what the Itrader is for.For now on every member must take a poll before leaving a negative,since when!?
No grey area. It was a freaking mistake. I can see a neutral as OP NEVER should have sold something he wasn't positive that he still had. But he did absolutely everything above and beyond that he could from that point and made no excuses. IMO negs are solely for wanton and wilful acts of fraud, deception or bad practices. You could argue that listing something without verifying you still had it is bad practice and I would not disagree. The difference is that Kopper has (had) 100% positive feedback and has never been accused of anything before. It isn't like this is normal procedure for him or I would feel differently.

Platinum is 100% within his right to leave a neg with no poll needed but also deserves the scrutiny that comes with it. It is exactly that scrutiny that will keep any integrity in feedback at all. Did nobody learn from what Yankee Pride just did? If people were allowed to just willy nilly neg, nobody would be at 100%.

Platinum himself is damn lucky that he had an understanding half in his deal but instead of paying it forward he decided to be a hypocrite. How do you justify that?

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 06-06-2013 at 02:14 PM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #106 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:

" Hi Paul,

You'd make an awful referee in Pro Sports. You're the guy that calls in on the golfers from their couch aren't you?

A mistake isn't a mistake - it's all about context. If every foul was a foul a Football game would take 8 hours.

Your mistake, which I remember, isn't the same mistake as this OP made.

Context.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #107 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No grey area. It was a freaking mistake. I can see a neutral as OP NEVER should have sold something he wasn't positive that he still had. But he did absolutely everything above and beyond that he could from that point and made no excuses. IMO negs are solely for wanton and wilful acts of fraud, deception or bad practices. You could argue that listing something without verifying you still had it is bad practice and I would not disagree. The difference is that Kopper has (had) 100% positive feedback and has never been accused of anything before. It isn't like this is normal procedure for him or I would feel differently.

Platinum is 100% within his right to leave a neg with no poll needed but also deserves the scrutiny that comes with it. It is exactly that scrutiny that will keep any integrity in feedback at all. Did nobody learn from what Yankee Pride just did? If people were allowed to just willy nilly neg, nobody would be at 100%.

Platinum himself is damn lucky that he had an understanding half in his deal but instead of paying it forward he decided to be a hypocrite. How do you justify that?
Thats the crappy part of this hobby. Theres a few good people that are understanding, hard working and honest and give stuff away and are really cool when someone they're dealing with makes a mistake. And then theres platinum, Mr. I made a mistake please everyone be forgiving and then Im gonna neg the crap out of anyone that does me wrong. He's the type of person you just want to smack the hell out of. He's the bully in school that picks on everyone for years and then cries about he's the victim because someone finally nutted up and punched him in the nose. Well Platinum all I got to say is your comeuppence will be well deserved and I cant wait to see the egg on you face...
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #108 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:

" Hi Paul,

exceptions for certain members? 2nd time you insinuated a double standard(which ironically enough plat plus has) I never even heard of the op I just used common sense. So out goes that theory.

Yeah you pegged it with his "honesty" he must wanted to keep the 6 dollar card to sell for 7.

Quote:
You dont brother. Difference is Chris had common sense and gave him the benefit of the doubt he pleaded for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlus502 View Post
, so i would appreciate it people if i would be given the benefit of the doubt,

Last edited by wheeler281; 06-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I never even heard of the op I just used common sense. So out goes that theory.
For the record I want to address this too. Before this thread, I too had never heard of the OP. I HAD not only heard of Platinum but posted in many many of the same threads as him and had a positive impression of him. If I was going to make a special exception it would be towards him but I don't believe in such nonsense. This arguement is stupid and is exactly the same type of one that Platinum made to me by PM.

Personally, I am sick and tired of BO's version of the race card. Every single time someone does or says something stupid we have to hear about BODA, or the BO bullies, or exceptions for the cool kids yadda yadda yadda. Why are people so stupid and irresponsible that they can't just own their mistakes? I make plenty but I OWN them, learn from them and do my best to not repeat them. God freaking Bless.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 06-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

So now a mistake is solely based off of someones reputation? or the amount/size of the transaction!Even if platinum is a pos drama queen and the OP is a great member it makes no difference does it?Let's all pick out the most disliked members and start scamming them just because nobody likes them or will back them.

As I mentioned once before I think the OP did everything to correct his mistake and believe him 100% but platinum has to be the judge of that not me or anybody else.

My situation was much different because I made a mistake but owned up to it while being completely honest about it which is my point exactly!Who is actually gonna be honest moving forward if this mistake is acceptable?Why should there be a new grey area when it comes to a "lost" card?The flood gates will soon open for backdoor deals and unfulfilled transactions.

Last edited by penny1fan; 06-06-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
So now a mistake is solely based off of someones reputation? or the amount/size of the transaction!Even if platinum is a pos drama queen and the OP is a great member it makes no difference does it?Let's all pick out the most disliked members and start scamming them just because nobody likes them or will back them.

As I mentioned once before I think the OP did everything to correct his mistake and believe him 100% but platinum has to be the judge of that not me or anybody else.

My situation was much different because I made a mistake but owned up to it while being completely honest about it which is my point exactly!Who is actually gonna be honest moving forward if this mistake is acceptable?Why should there be a new grey area when it comes to a "lost" card?The flood gates will zone open for backdoor deals and unfulfilled transactions.
OMG, anarchy, the sky is falling and we're all going to die. Thank the Lord that Penny is on the case and looking to prevent that from happening. Who is the drama queen now? Just please READ. Not based on reputation at all but before someone freaks out and thinks he is being personally violated maybe he should look at the totality of the eveidence. Not one person here, yourself included felt that the OP was trying to harm or defraud Platinum yet he still got neg'd. You really see no issue with that? Really?

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by jmscoggin; 06-06-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #112 (permalink)
Banned

When some members on here are proved wrong but refuse to believe so they resort to posting images to defuse the subject at hand.

It was an honest mistake and the OP will now learn from it and move forward with it.You mentioned the whole "owning up to a mistake" correct? Well the negative was warranted and now OP will own it and learn from it moving forward just like everyone else before him who has made a mistake.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
When some members on here are proved wrong but refuse to believe so they resort to posting images to defuse the subject at hand.

It was an honest mistake and the OP will now learn from it and move forward with it.You mentioned the whole "owning up to a mistake" correct? Well the negative was warranted and now OP will own it and learn from it moving forward just like everyone else before him who has made a mistake.
Yeah just don't buy the whole neg thing. A simple netural or something would of made a case with me. I owned up to the mistake, tried to quickly resolve it or even make it better in his case, then when all else fails gave him his money back......I would only neg someone if they never shipped a card, stole my money, or did something along those lines.....I just don't get the stance of a neg. at all. I believe its too far and thats why I wanted to create this thread. Things freaking happen, it was MY MISTAKE, but also be a human and realize things happen.....ugh damn people.......
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #114 (permalink)

NO communication was given from Platinum either saying he was going to give me a neg. I thought that was bs too. Maybe it was his payback for my instant refund (lol)after he told me he didnt see anything in my entire bucket, except a card I sold Monday morning.....
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:

Yet again - a transaction that isn't completed isn't the definition of the word "negative" - just because the buyer didn't get what was agreed upon doesn't make the situation negative.

If a buyer really has nothing else going on in their life that arguing over a $6 card, that you were refunded timely for, that it "negatively" affected his experience with this seller then that's just sad.

Again - Context
Old 06-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #116 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

A neg was NOT warranted. The buyer is out nothing and made whole by the seller and tried to make him MORE than whole. Which is more than even FEDERAL LAW allows. Period. End of story. Penny1fan is just a feminine hygeine product that rhymes with smoosh hag..
Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #117 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
Yeah just don't buy the whole neg thing. A simple netural or something would of made a case with me. I owned up to the mistake, tried to quickly resolve it or even make it better in his case, then when all else fails gave him his money back......I would only neg someone if they never shipped a card, stole my money, or did something along those lines.....I just don't get the stance of a neg. at all. I believe its too far and thats why I wanted to create this thread. Things freaking happen, it was MY MISTAKE, but also be a human and realize things happen.....ugh damn people.......
I agree with you but what some other members are failing to realize is that this creates a grey area when it comes to transactions.I think you went above and beyond to make things right with the fool but as I mentioned before ...

Yourself and Platinum made a deal,He was "unhappy" about not getting his $6 card so no matter what you,myself or any other member thinks,Platinum has the right to issue a negative.

The only solution here is members got to be careful to who they are doing transactions with.Try and do your homework on members to avoid crap like this...It's sad but that's really the only solution man.I bet 90% of the boards would have been willing to make something work rather than dropping a neg but that's the way it goes sometimes.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:

Whatever, Jr., it made me laugh. I would bet all that I own that if I went back through your post history I could find plenty examples of you posting pics, gifs etc too. It was an attempt at humor not an admission that you outsmarted me. Someone is awfully full of themselves.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
A neg was NOT warranted. The buyer is out nothing and made whole by the seller and tried to make him MORE than whole. Which is more than even FEDERAL LAW allows. Period. End of story. Penny1fan is just a feminine hygeine product that rhymes with smoosh hag..
Ahhh yes another common characteristic trait from some of the members who would rather simply not agree with another and walk away while being respectful but chooses to resort to name calling and personal attacks.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ahhh yes another common characteristic trait from some of the members who would rather simply not agree with another and walk away while being respectful but chooses to resort to name calling and personal attacks.

I didnt resort to anything im simply posting my opinion which I believe is what you keep saying you're doing. So..... just cause I do not agree it you, Im not allowed to have an opinion???
Old 06-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #121 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Whatever, Jr., it made me laugh. I would bet all that I own that if I went back through your post history I could find plenty examples of you posting pics, gifs etc too. It was an attempt at humor not an admission that you outsmarted me. Someone is awfully full of themselves.
Look I have never had a problem with you or JamiMadrox.I only voiced my opinion on the subject at hand not expecting all to agree with me and that is fine.I think I make some valid points .... If you guy's don't wanna agree with me and think my logic is insane than so be it?But as usual here on the boards it quickly becomes personal because everybody is a know it all and someone's pride takes a hit.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 06-06-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: edited with name
Old 06-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with you but what some other members are failing to realize is that this creates a grey area when it comes to transactions.I think you went above and beyond to make things right with the fool but as I mentioned before ...

Yourself and Platinum made a deal,He was "unhappy" about not getting his $6 card so no matter what you,myself or any other member thinks,Platinum has the right to issue a negative.

The only solution here is members got to be careful to who they are doing transactions with.Try and do your homework on members to avoid crap like this...It's sad but that's really the only solution man.I bet 90% of the boards would have been willing to make something work rather than dropping a neg but that's the way it goes sometimes.
Every situation is different, so there is no generic "grey" area per say... I judge each situation based on the following:

1. Amount of the transaction - yeah, that is important, the larger the amount the more likely a neg is coming.
2. Was the member responsive (meaning not just answer but answer with sustanence)
3. If proof of the excuse can be simply provided, I would like to see it
4. Did I get my money back in a timely manner

I gave one negative so far since I've been t/b/s on blowout. Using the above guideline, it only ticked 1 out of the 4 (refund me timely) so I left him a neg. In this case, I think 3 of the 4 was good. 3 is the only thing the seller can't do since he can't really prove it.

It isn't that hard... not saying the Platinum should have left a positive, but IMO, neg was a bit over reach!!

As many have said, neutral would've been a proper rating.
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:

This is the summary of the thread. Everything else is just chatter.

If Platinum was really unhappy enough to have a negative experience with the OP then he has the right to leave a negative - regardless of what any of us say - but at the same time maybe he should realize 99.9% of people think he's nuts and evaluate how negative it really was.

Or at miniumum give us a legit reason it was so negative - maybe it was the card of his dreams and that $6 card really caused him anguish because he didn't get - just posting on here because he's in a pissy mood, and arguing with people, is hardly logical justification.

So if he had a negative transaction then by all means leave the neg.
It also clearly demonstrates that people don't want to deal with him as 99.9% of people think it's irrational to do.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. Platinum looks way worse here then the OP looks for getting a negative.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #124 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Look I have never had a problem with you or the fat guy with a batman mask on.I only voiced my opinion on the subject at hand not expecting all to agree with me and that is fine.I think I make some valid points .... If you guy's don't wanna agree with me and think my logic is insane than so be it?But as usual here on the boards it quickly becomes personal because everybody is a know it all and someone's pride takes a hit.
Be careful, that fat guy with a batman mask on might show up in your bedroom in the middle of the night and shove a batarang up your... He looks scary to me and I wouldnt want to cheese him off.....
Old 06-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #125 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I like to look at feedback left for others to see if they leave negatives recklessly. I will also check this section for threads where people had to have negatives that they left removed. This data may surprise you when you look.

Here is a random sampling of some people who have posted here:

(negs+neutrals:total feedback left)

3:66
0:450
1:97
2:117
0:201
8:122 (plus at least 2 that were removed)
2:151
1:226

For those of you who say this was ok, look at the aberrations in the above list. One person leaves 1 neg/neutral for every 22 transactions and the other leaves 1 neg for every 15 transactions (or every 12.4 if you count those that had to be removed).

Is it just crazy bad luck?

Did this transaction really deserve a negative? That is a different question than "Does the other party have a right to leave a negative?" They can have different answers.