Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How does this deserve a NEG??? PlatinumPlus502 Shame on YOU

PlatinumPlus502 bought a Vick Ballard Auto for $6.00 from me on Monday afternoon. He paid promptly and I printed a shipping label promptly. Tuesday I was out of work sick so could not ship until this morning. I can't find the card at my house or this morning in the office, so I offer him to have any card/cards from my bucket worth more since the card has become lost. If he could not find anything I would refund.

I refunded him his money right after I heard from him he didnt find anything else in my bucket. I'm sure people have made mistakes about cards in the bucket and cards actually have or lost, but a neg? Netural rating I would understand, I even tried to make it better for him giving him more value than $6.00, but a neg over $6.00........seems excessive? Anyone?
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well the question would be why the card was for sale if you couldn't locate it?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

It is excessive, you offered a refund promptly and everything. That's the whole point of communication, you communicated and did what you are suppose to do if a card becomes loss. It's isn't like you planned to screw him over $6, especially with your feedback here and eBay.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Way excessive! You are a good seller and that was a bad move. Putting him on my block list
Pending Deals:
Ivanrf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
PlatinumPlus502 bought a Vick Ballard Auto for $6.00 from me on Monday afternoon. He paid promptly and I printed a shipping label promptly. Tuesday I was out of work sick so could not ship until this morning. I can't find the card at my house or this morning in the office, so I offer him to have any card/cards from my bucket worth more since the card has become lost. If he could not find anything I would refund.

I refunded him his money right after I heard from him he didnt find anything else in my bucket. I'm sure people have made mistakes about cards in the bucket and cards actually have or lost, but a neg? Netural rating I would understand, I even tried to make it better for him giving him more value than $6.00, but a neg over $6.00........seems excessive? Anyone?
Personally would like to hear the other side before making judgement. Sure seems to not warrant even a neutral just on what you have put but I've seen time and time again OP's slant the story on threads like this so we'll see. Plus, as others have stated, never sell anthing that isn't in hand and that you have not already inspected for possible damage.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 06-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lesson number one of selling: Make sure you have the item for sale before putting it up for sale.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Personally would like to hear the other side before making judgement. Sure seems to not warrant even a neutral just on what you have put but I've seen time and time again OP's slant the story on threads like this so we'll see.
I agree there too. Gotta see both sides.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Lesson number one of selling: Make sure you have the item for sale before putting it up for sale.
I totally abide by this, but this time I went off of my bucket and it was a simple mistake that at most deserved a neutral......I even offered him more value than the card he bought, I mean I dont think that deserves a neg.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecala98 View Post
Well the question would be why the card was for sale if you couldn't locate it?
I go off my photobucket I usually have it updated and it was a simple, honest mistake. I don't take pictures of every card I have for sale, I just use my photobucket link to them.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I totally abide by this, but this time I went off of my bucket and it was a simple mistake that at most deserved a neutral......I even offered him more value than the card he bought, I mean I dont think that deserves a neg.
I don't understand this. Before I sell ANYTHING I sit down with it in hand, look it over to make sure I list any damage or imperfections and then list it accordingly. I then set it in a safe place and don't touch it again until it sells and needs to be shipped. Just selling 'virtual' things out of a "bucket" seems silly. Still not neg worthy but shouldn't have happened either.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 06-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Obviously you made a mistake, but you owned up to it immediately and offered recourse immediately. I mean Platinum has every right to leave feedback, I just think he went a little far with it.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Obviously you made a mistake, but you owned up to it immediately and offered recourse immediately. I mean Platinum has every right to leave feedback, I just think he went a little far with it.
So far, absent other facts this is my belief too.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
So far, absent other facts this is my belief too.
I emailed him this thread by the way. I really feel a neg. here is the problem, I would completely understand a neutral, but obviously would hope he would be a bit kinder over $6.00
Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

You sold something you did not have. You had the card listed individually by itself in scan with price in your thread. Its not like it was a scan with multiple cards. Then you tell me two days after i paid that you didn't have it. After i may add you already printed a shipping label and i had a dc number. If you'd have simply told me it was an error listing right away it'd be fine but you even went as far to give me a dc number through pp. Not sure how this isn't against bst rules.

http://s1063.beta.photobucket.com/user/PlatinumPlus502/library/
PlatinumPlus502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlus502 View Post
You sold something you did not have. You had the card listed individually by itself in scan with price in your thread. Its not like it was a scan with multiple cards. Then you tell me two days after i paid that you didn't have it. After i may add you already printed a shipping label and i had a dc number. If you'd have simply told me it was an error listing right away it'd be fine but you even went as far to give me a dc number through pp. Not sure how this isn't against bst rules.
Did he offer you a refund in someway when he told you this? or did you ask for one?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
While he should never have sold it without having it in hand I am sure the two days was spent scrambling to find it. You have now verified his story, added nothing new and confirmed in my opinion only that a negative was far too strong. This was an avoidable mistake but not a purposeful act of deception.

Even a neutral should not have happened. It is your decision to make but I think you are out of line. He owned the mistake, offered options and then refunded without issue when you declined the options. I would much rather deal with the OP then you just by looking at this transaction.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Did he offer you a refund in someway when he told you this? or did you ask for one?
He offered me to pick another card or he'd refund me. I selected a card listed. He said he didn't have it then refunded me without giving me a chance to respond to that either. Either way, once i paid and a dc # was given to me i was to assume nothing other than the card was shipped. I know people make mistakes but cmon , the card was listed by itself, scanned by itself, sold and had a dc # attached to it after it sold.

The fact that the seller even saw need to make this thread is an insult to me. Shame on me? No; shame on you.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I offered the refund, but first saying he could have more value in anything in my bucket first and if not money would be right back to him. I was out sick yesterday so thats why I didnt get to it yesterday morning, it was this morning. And I always print shipping labels right away, its just the way I do things. That shouldn't affect you at all. Now I have to wait for a refund on that worthless label.....it doesnt affect you.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
He offered me to pick another card or he'd refund me. I selected a card listed. He said he didn't have it then refunded me without giving me a chance to respond to that either. Either way, once i paid and a dc # was given to me i was to assume nothing other than the card was shipped. I know people make mistakes but cmon , the card was listed by itself, scanned by itself, sold and had a dc # attached to it after it sold.

The fact that the seller even saw need to make this thread is an insult to me. Shame on me? No; shame on you.
He did not do it to insult you. He did it because you gave him an unwarranted neg over a mistake. You need to step back look at it as if it happened to someone else and see if you would advise them to respond the way that you did.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

I sold the card you picked on Monday. YOU SAID THATS ALL YOU SAW IN MY BUCKET.......so then I immeadiately gave your money back..??? the dc# is the stupidest complaint you have. I am now out the shipping money for up to 21 days its says and that doesnt affect you??
Old 06-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
While he should never have sold it without having it in hand I am sure the two days was spent scrambling to find it. You have now verified his story, added nothing new and confirmed in my opinion only that a negative was far too strong. This was an avoidable mistake but not a purposeful act of deception.

Even a neutral should not have happened. It is your decision to make but I think you are out of line. He owned the mistake, offered options and then refunded without issue when you declined the options. I would much rather deal with the OP then you just by looking at this transaction.
Why would a dc number even be printed then? I know i personally only print shipping labels after i have an item packed and ready to ship.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

The negative, IMO, was an insult to the seller. I agree with jmscoggin that even a neutral would have been a little too far. What would have happened if he sent the card and it never arrived? Are you gonna blame him for a PO error too? He admitted to his mistake right away, and refunded you right away the amount you paid. All the seller did was do everything correct if a deal can't be completed. He didn't wait for a case to be opened or anything.

You obviously didn't do anything wrong, just be a little more fair next time.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I sold the card you picked on Monday. YOU SAID THATS ALL YOU SAW IN MY BUCKET.......so then I immeadiately gave your money back..??? the dc# is the stupidest complaint you have. I am now out the shipping money for up to 21 days its says and that doesnt affect you??
Im not going to argue with you. You messed up. Own up to it and move on. The itrader is a warning tool for other members to use.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Why would a dc number even be printed then? I know i personally only print shipping labels after i have an item packed and ready to ship.
Not the way I do it. Probably blame ebay. There new policy of having a label printed within 24 hours of sale to maintain good standing and the 14 return policy for the buyer. I just go by that get the label printed at work. Later that night get the card from my home, then the next morning ship it.....its really not a big deal the dc# thing. The fact is I made a simple $6 mistake.....a NEG was not warranted, thats a tad extreme dude......
Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I also print them the as soon as a sale is complete although yes, I package them first to make sure weight is correct. What is your insinuation, that he is making this up to sell it to someone else for $8? C'mon man, this doesn't make sense. If it was like the other thread with the Puig redemption I would see your concern but I'm sure that isn't the case here.