Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Ebay Buyer you might want to block...

Another ebay buyer ID spahn-ace that complains about shipping charge after he paid and received the item. And demand a refund for feedback...

I don't want to get into the discussion of what is excessive shipping or what not... so don't post if you want to argue $3.00 first and $.50 additional is excessive. Again, postage clearly stated...

Do what you want with this info, he is on my block list...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

The only time I've been upset with shipping charges is when I paid $4 and it was sent PWE. If shipping price is stated and you state how you're shipping you did nothing wrong.
pickapeppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickapeppa View Post
The only time I've been upset with shipping charges is when I paid $4 and it was sent PWE. If shipping price is stated and you state how you're shipping you did nothing wrong.
Yep, or pay $3 and it's sent in a bubble with $0.66 postage and non-machine able. If I buy a product, I'm calculating my bid plus shipping as my max. I know what the fee is, but don't do it and send it as cheap as possible, especially when you state 1st class shipping.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickapeppa View Post
I shipped everything I sell with care... I have many feedback with how nice my packaging is...

I have to share this chain of message between him and I... oldest message from bottom up....enjoy...

Last message from me:

Wow...you are putting words in my mouth... I never said you are trying to make a profit.. please tell me where in my message that I said that... It is great that you are donating to kids.. and sorry to hear that you have a terminal illness... Not sure what they have to do with buying cards on ebay... I coach basketball kids here locally, and I don't think that I will need to put that in my auction listing..

My message to you is that I am charging what I have calculated as my average cost for handling and shipping.. Again, prices are clearly stated in my listing, if you do not want to pay the shipping then I ask you not to bid... I've been in this hobby since 1990...so please don't give me your dribbles about hobby fraud and what not...Again, not sure what that has to do with shipping charge.. Have your crusade against Panini, UD, or Topps...

I run an honest seller account on ebay..I am transparent and do not deceive my buers... not sure where you are coming off trying to compare me to some street hustlers...I do this for fun and I make sure everyone that I deal with feels the same way... You apparently have a lot of issue on your hand, and I say "good luck to you" with all that...

I already refunded you and I will leave it at that.

To: more_than_enough
Subject: Re: Combined shipping: spahn-ace sent a message about 2012-13 LEAF METAL SHERYL SWOOPES AUTO 33/50 AUTOGRAPH REFRACTOR #390602755233
Sent Date: Jun-05-13 16:39:59 PDT

Dear more_than_enough,

If you are charging for ink, tape, etc. then you are grasping at straws & maybe it's time you
leave this greed filled hobby. The days of making profit from this hobby as a business are LONG
over & if you haven't realized this- let me tell you IT IS!
I spent more time fighting Corporate Hobby Fraud in this hobby than everyone else combined! I
made many changes from 1997-2004 but then I could no longer do this as I had been due to a
terminal illness that I could do nothing about. I tried my best to get others to pick up where I left
off but they ALL preferred to take the bribes from card companies & price guides than I refused
ALWAYS.
You stated: "$3 per auction with $.50 for additional card is your average industry practice.". That
WAS the industry average until eBay fully understood that sellers were ALL making a nice profit
from buying of 5-6 cards or more since it costs only .17 cents to ship THREE regular sized cards
in top-loaders. Until they fully understood this, they were as ignorant as a 6-year old, so I set them
straight with iron-clad proof. Then they agreed with me across the board. How many buyers do you
know who only buy to donate to hospitalized children every year since 1989? I'M THE ONLY ONE!
And I can easily prove it- just ask...

I refuse to pay your eBay/PayPal fees because you wrongfully assume that I'm buying your cards
to make a profit with and it's against eBay's rules for you to make ANY profit from Shipping & Handling.
Feel free to block me as a bidder- but try to understand that you are hurting yourself as much as anyone
by overcharging shipping fees.

Jim

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM, eBay Member: more_than_enough <<email address removed per ebay policy>> wrote:

To: spahn-ace
Subject: Re: Combined shipping: spahn-ace sent a message about 2012-13 LEAF METAL SHERYL SWOOPES AUTO 33/50 AUTOGRAPH REFRACTOR #390602755233
Sent Date: Jun-05-13 14:18:18 PDT

Dear spahn-ace,

All cost relating to shipping is per average item shipped and the cost that is associated with it. The shipping rate was clearly stated on the auction listing and if you had any thought of the shipping being excessive. I would wish you had not bid on the items.

Cost of shipping includes per ebay rules, all materials used for the packaging. Which includes top loaders, ink, paper, padded envelope, outer envelope. Again, I calculate the shipping cost on average, so some items cost higher, and some item will cost less. Remember, also, ebay takes 10% of what I charged you plus pay pal with another 3%. I only received $3.91 from you for shipping the cards not $4.50.

I will refund you the money this time not because I believe that I overcharged for shipping. Only to satisfy my customers. I hope you will read the shipping cost carefully next time before bidding on an item (mine or others). $3 per auction with $.50 for additional card is your average industry practice. If you look around, this is a pretty standard going rate.

I have over 5000 feedback and a 4.8 DSR rating for shipping cost. So I believe that I am doing something right.

- more_than_enough

To: more_than_enough
Subject: Combined shipping: spahn-ace sent a message about 2012-13 LEAF METAL SHERYL SWOOPES AUTO 33/50 AUTOGRAPH REFRACTOR #390602755233
Sent Date: Jun-05-13 14:08:41 PDT

Dear more_than_enough,

Based on the package I received, your S&H fee of $4.50 was very excessive. The tape you placed on the cases was 100% unremovable making them useless & your postage was below $2.25. So how do you justify $4.50 S&H? I'm asking because eBay has specific S&H fee rules that you have broken such as Excessive S&H and Fee Avoidance. The problem is that MOST buyers never complain and most sellers take full advantage of this- I DO NOT!

I don't want to have to call eBay and have you face possible suspension. I'd rather try to work this out with you first which is the fairest thing I can do. I'm FAR from an eBay newbie-so don't let this ID's low feedback fool you. I've been on/off eBay since 1998.
Fair S&H for what it cost you is $3.00, so a $1.50 refund will be acceptable and I can feel comfortable leaving perfect feedback.

James

- spahn-ace
Old 06-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

I believe the OP has met the Card Cop. Still at his same game. What a loser. Probably the worst Ebay buyer of all time. Congrats on your brush with infamy.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

He has a new name already!
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
He has a new name already!
Probably rotates it monthly when Ebay bans him.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I believe the OP has met the Card Cop. Still at his same game. What a loser. Probably the worst Ebay buyer of all time. Congrats on your brush with infamy.
man, myth, legend
bigbov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Was there other posts about this guy?? would love to read it...
Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Was there other posts about this guy?? would love to read it...
This will get you started ...

Cardcop is back - block now!!
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

come on man cardcop has a trailer payment due

edit i love how his blog on 5/13 says this rofl. First time i ever read it based on the link above and he had a fresh post.

"I changed eBay ID's TEN TIMES in three years because the BIG eBay sellers I went after who were breaking eBay rules which hurt collectors directly ganged up on me with little punk-ass bitch followers at blowjobcards.com to get me thrown off of eBay with lies. so eBay saw this & told me how to get back on eBay without lying at all! But even that doesn't work anymore... eBay got wise (it only took YEARS!) & I'm done on that screwed up site. BUT I STILL CARE ABOUT EVERY OTHER BUYER STUCK ON EBAY!"
--
Guess he wasn't done afterall. Love his hoodie speak. Who would have thunk it

Last edited by wheeler281; 06-06-2013 at 12:17 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

That blog post ... just ... man.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno

He must dominate that terminal illness
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote