Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I was with you up until here. I am not a business. I sell things very rarely on Ebay. It is just a simple transaction not a business. Try buying something at an auction, art gallery, yard sale or from a flea market and returning it. Not going to happen. People need to do research when buying on Ebay. As long as the item is listed correctly, very good pictures and no surprise damage there should be ABSOLUTELY NO returns. I am not Walmart, I can not send the product back to the manufacturer and I can't cover the margins on something else. I am sick of these lowlife buyers and thieves using Ebay to screw people much less Ebay allowing and encouraging it.
But you play their game so you play it by their rules.

Per art gallery, state laws dictate returns
Per auctions, they say before 3 items or before auctions end,but I have found NO STATE that does not allow 24 hours (some 72) for a return.
And, per flea markets,again your state law sets the parameters.

Just because someone tells you something does not make it so.

In Georgia you can return something you purchased at a yard sale within 72 hours.

Think about it Jim, why do you think ebay allows what it does ? Because they are bound by the state laws of the seller so their periods or buy and return are set to comply with ANY state law

See, now you have another poster jumping on your bandwagon from ignorance.

You sell on ebay, you are a business. Why do you think ebay was spending so much on fighting the law to force tax data on every sale for each person ? BECAUSE once that law goes in, people who sell over X will be required to have a tax ID

Lowlifes,flakes,#@#@#@#@#@#@#@s, yup, I couldn;t agree more. But, it doesn;t matter.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
But you play their game so you play it by their rules.

Per art gallery, state laws dictate returns
Per auctions, they say before 3 items or before auctions end,but I have found NO STATE that does not allow 24 hours (some 72) for a return.
And, per flea markets,again your state law sets the parameters.

Just because someone tells you something does not make it so.

In Georgia you can return something you purchased at a yard sale within 72 hours.

Think about it Jim, why do you think ebay allows what it does ? Because they are bound by the state laws of the seller so their periods or buy and return are set to comply with ANY state law

See, now you have another poster jumping on your bandwagon from ignorance.

You sell on ebay, you are a business. Why do you think ebay was spending so much on fighting the law to force tax data on every sale for each person ? BECAUSE once that law goes in, people who sell over X will be required to have a tax ID

Lowlifes,flakes,#@#@#@#@#@#@#@s, yup, I couldn;t agree more. But, it doesn;t matter.
Sir, you had me at the bolded part. I don't disagree with everything after either at least as far as it being fact or not. I disagree highly with them as policies and/or laws though. Returning something to a yard sale is moronic and just shows how batshite crazy government has gotten not a proof to your point. I just took the tone of your earlier post as that you agreed with these policies.

I don't care if they are Ebay or governmental they are BS. I know them going in and will play by them but they are written to enable stupid, lazy and/or criminal people. Do your research before buying and do not blame the seller and try to shaft them because you found a better price, changed your mind, didn't research the item good enough etc.

No matter what you say I am not a business as far as Ebay. I'm just a guy that likes cards and sells a few laying on my desk that I don't need. Nothing you say about this will change my mind. Ebay's moronic policies are exactly why I use them as in frequently as possible. All of my stuff goes to COMC. On THAT I will let you argue that I am a business just due to the volume I have listed there. It is a big difference than selling 15-20 things per year on Ebay.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote