Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Advice needed

Hi all. Looking for some advice, as this is my first negative experience on the eBay, aside from non-paying idiots.

So this guy offers me a low-ball offers on my non-auto super from 2013 Bowman. no problem. Testing the waters. His second offer message asks what I need for the card. So I say no less than $200. Almost instantly I receive a $200 offer. So, after 1-day deliberation, I accept. I also invoice immediately. Well... He doesn't pay. My unpaid case settings kick in after 7 days, and another 4 days elapse, he finally pays. So after reviewing his feed back, he's got a history of non/late payment. So, I ship it insured with sig confirmation. For those keeping score, auction ended 5/15, payment made 5/26 - memorial day weekend, card shipped 5/29.

Well today he emails me and says he goes to the post office and they don't have it. WTF? so I check tracking, it was out for delivery 5/31, notice left.

My LCS owner says he probably didn't want the unpaid item against his account, and refused delivery waiting for it to be sent back. Then he'll demand a refund.

So, what would you all do? Here are my thoughts.

1. If in fact it is/has been returned offer to re-ship sig w/ insurance on his dime.
2. Offer a refund less shipping
3. Offer a refund less 15% restocking fee (terms on all my eBay sales)

Thanks for the time, ladies and gents.

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/robchik04/library/?page=0
robchik04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

You have to refund the full amount.

You can request a restocking fee, you can ask for their 1st born in the listing...but I doubt you are registered as a power seller with a large enough business for ebay to honor it or not even read the request without giggling

Restocking fee...lol
I would take you to the cleaners for that

Wait for it to come, when it comes, click refund in paypal and be done with it.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

The persons name would be nice so we can block him. Thanks
Old 06-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

The restocking fee is an option in your return policy settings, not just something the seller requested in the description. I'd charge the restocking fee in this situation as well. What a joke that buyer is.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos (209/215, 97.21%) - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.

Last edited by adamt326; 06-07-2013 at 10:24 AM.
adamt326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Gibberish- wow. So you as a seller on eBay would honor a full refund no questions asked? Even in a situation where you were fairly confident it was a case of cold feet, or in my case this guy never had the intent to follow through with his offer and only wanted to avoid the unpaid case?

I put this in as a part of my return policy to at least deter guys who might have a tendency to abuse buyer protection and refund options. I think to not at least try something, regardless if eBay would or wouldn't be on your side is foolish.

Also, wouldn't you think if this guy really wanted the card he'd at least agree to resend? Whether its split shipping or he pays full?

Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Take the tracking number to your post office, and have them locate the item. Wonder what the chances are that it is at the buyer's post office? Pretty good I'd say. I'd even call the buyer's post office and confirm that they can put their hands on the item, then let the buyer know. I'm sure this is going to boil down to you refunding the buyer eventually, but I do enjoy being able to gig the scumbag buyers when I can.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.

Last edited by Deathgate; 06-07-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Death - yea... calling his post office is my next step... I mean seriously, if he really went to the post office, wouldn't he have walked away with more info than "they don't have it"

Tracking shows it in Lancaster. North of LA. It is his home post office. I mean seriously, waiting a week??

Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchik04 View Post
Gibberish- wow. So you as a seller on eBay would honor a full refund no questions asked? Even in a situation where you were fairly confident it was a case of cold feet, or in my case this guy never had the intent to follow through with his offer and only wanted to avoid the unpaid case?

I put this in as a part of my return policy to at least deter guys who might have a tendency to abuse buyer protection and refund options. I think to not at least try something, regardless if eBay would or wouldn't be on your side is foolish.

Also, wouldn't you think if this guy really wanted the card he'd at least agree to resend? Whether its split shipping or he pays full?
I think you miss his point. It doesn't matter what you, I or anyone else thinks. Ebay will make you offer a FULL return and if you play with this buyer you will get neg'd on top of it. He isn't saying that is right, just that it is how it works. Ebay is 100% slanted towards the buyer right now and these scumbags are taking advantage of it. Sorry this happened to you but you are better off just cutting your losses on it. He has cold feet and the reason doesn't matter. When it gets returned to you, offer the refund and relist it. This is wrong no doubt but no other option really. Check out COMC, no such issues there.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 06-07-2013 at 11:00 AM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchik04 View Post

Yes.

Unlike most people, not all, on this board, I do understand what customer service is.

You can buy something at a store and take it back if you get cold feet, why should ebay be any different ?
OH,because you work out of a bedroom corner and figure you aren't an actual business and therefore "No-Take-Backs" should be in full force....
Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

who was the buyer? Thats the most important question
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

The buyer wasn't me....

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
who was the buyer? Thats the most important question
Bingo. Exactly.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

If the buyer refuses delivery or isn't home to sign and never picks up the package, he cannot open a good faith dispute and is therefore not covered by eBay buyer protection.

"A good faith dispute does not exist if you improperly claim that the seller has not fulfilled the transaction, if you claim you never received an item when in fact you did, if you refuse to accept shipment of the item (and eBay didn't end the listing), or if you claim the item was not as described but the seller can prove otherwise."

So the question now is, if you get the card back are you going to refund his money? You will not be forced to.
pickapeppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickapeppa View Post
If the buyer refuses delivery or isn't home to sign and never picks up the package, he cannot open a good faith dispute and is therefore not covered by eBay buyer protection.

"A good faith dispute does not exist if you improperly claim that the seller has not fulfilled the transaction, if you claim you never received an item when in fact you did, if you refuse to accept shipment of the item (and eBay didn't end the listing), or if you claim the item was not as described but the seller can prove otherwise."

So the question now is, if you get the card back are you going to refund his money? You will not be forced to.
Even if this is true he will most certainly get neg'd. To some people that is fine but others are like me. I have fought tooth and nail for 14 years to never ever get a negative. I have had to bend over backwards to some whackjobs and scammers but to me the feedback is the most important. Someone else may feel different. In this case I would eat the poo sandwhich and issue the refund. JMO.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Even if this is true he will most certainly get neg'd. To some people that is fine but others are like me. I have fought tooth and nail for 14 years to never ever get a negative. I have had to bend over backwards to some whackjobs and scammers but to me the feedback is the most important. Someone else may feel different. In this case I would eat the poo sandwhich and issue the refund. JMO.
Right that's what it comes down to, because if he doesn't refund there is a 100% chance the guy negs. I was wondering from a moral POV, what do people think about issuing a refund here? Is it right/wrong to keep the card and money?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
? Is it right/wrong to keep the card and money?

I am going to avoid you like the plague....
Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I am going to avoid you like the plague....
You don't know my opinion so this seems like an odd statement, but I REALLY appreciate you making it so now people won't answer. Smart.

ETA: I was trying to suggest to OP he doesn't have to refund and buyer has no recourse, i.e. he can say that to the buyer and try to force him to complete the transaction rather than just bending over and taking it up the ass.

Last edited by pickapeppa; 06-07-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
You don't know my opinion so this seems like an odd statement, but I REALLY appreciate you making it so now people won't answer. Smart.

ETA: I was trying to suggest to OP he doesn't have to refund and buyer has no recourse, i.e. he can say that to the buyer and try to force him to complete the transaction rather than just bending over and taking it up the ass.

Keep that in mind the next time you opt to return something to a place you shop at

people want to be seen as people running and doing business,but they do not want to deal with anything but selling and collecting .

The fact you would imply being a douche-bag because there may be no recourse for the buyer to do anything about it, make me stick with my assessment that I wouldn;t have a thing to do with you

Morality is all of the time, not part of the time.

Feel free to sputter,rail and defend yourself as NO ONE is wrong on blowout for thinking like a turd
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Jm, gibberish. Fair enough. eBay may or may not support me, but if he refuses to even split return shipping I'll put up a fight.

Peppa- no would not keep the card and $$. If this guys goal was to receive a refund and never intended to keep the card, two wrongs don't make a right. If he has no valid claim I'll refund less the 15% or if he has the common decency, less the cost to ship. My first offer will be to resend on his dime. If he really wants the card, he should be willing to entertain that.

All- The users name is sportscards*2011 of Lancaster CA.

Last edited by robchik04; 06-07-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

More legit proof that people with the word card in their name are bad people.

http://kobebryantautograph.weebly.com/
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes.

Unlike most people, not all, on this board, I do understand what customer service is.

You can buy something at a store and take it back if you get cold feet, why should ebay be any different ?
OH,because you work out of a bedroom corner and figure you aren't an actual business and therefore "No-Take-Backs" should be in full force....
Wow I actually agree with you. This is what being in a business is about. If you are selling cards you are in a business. This is what ebay is trying to do. Only problem is every idiot can be a seller. This is why they heavily favor the buyer. If you were a brick and mortar store you would have to take it back regardless. Amazon, COMC, Best Buy, Walmart, every online site offers returns no questions asked. So should ebay sellers.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
If you were a brick and mortar store you would have to take it back regardless.
No actually, you wouldn't. I have been in many stores that do not accept refunds or exchanges. Is it good business to accept them? Sure, but the fact that Ebay doesn't give the seller a choice is what most people have an issue with.

Also, try intentionally damaging or putting a lower priced product in a box and go to Walmart and try to return it. I bet you would get laughed out the door. In Ebay land, though, that happens all the time.

Cal Ripken PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Ripken%20PC/
Braves PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Braves%20PC/
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
No actually, you wouldn't. I have been in many stores that do not accept refunds or exchanges. Is it good business to accept them? Sure, but the fact that Ebay doesn't give the seller a choice is what most people have an issue with.

Also, try intentionally damaging or putting a lower priced product in a box and go to Walmart and try to return it. I bet you would get laughed out the door. In Ebay land, though, that happens all the time.
Actually you are wrong. I HAVE purchased wrong items in different packaging and have returned them with no issues. Once even got a burned DVD in a brand new case - no issue returning. And I have never been in a store that doesn't take returns. You may be right on that but it is something I have never experienced in my 39 years of existence.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Keep that in mind the next time you opt to return something to a place you shop at

people want to be seen as people running and doing business,but they do not want to deal with anything but selling and collecting .

The fact you would imply being a douche-bag because there may be no recourse for the buyer to do anything about it, make me stick with my assessment that I wouldn;t have a thing to do with you

Morality is all of the time, not part of the time.

Feel free to sputter,rail and defend yourself as NO ONE is wrong on blowout for thinking like a turd
I was with you up until here. I am not a business. I sell things very rarely on Ebay. It is just a simple transaction not a business. Try buying something at an auction, art gallery, yard sale or from a flea market and returning it. Not going to happen. People need to do research when buying on Ebay. As long as the item is listed correctly, very good pictures and no surprise damage there should be ABSOLUTELY NO returns. I am not Walmart, I can not send the product back to the manufacturer and I can't cover the margins on something else. I am sick of these lowlife buyers and thieves using Ebay to screw people much less Ebay allowing and encouraging it.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I was with you up until here. I am not a business. I sell things very rarely on Ebay. It is just a simple transaction not a business. Try buying something at an auction, art gallery, yard sale or from a flea market and returning it. Not going to happen. People need to do research when buying on Ebay. As long as the item is listed correctly, very good pictures and no surprise damage there should be ABSOLUTELY NO returns. I am not Walmart, I can not send the product back to the manufacturer and I can't cover the margins on something else. I am sick of these lowlife buyers and thieves using Ebay to screw people much less Ebay allowing and encouraging it.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm not a store. If I bought a ??? From down the street and two days later felt, "meh, I don't want this any more." He should be obligated to take it back? Anyhow, hopefully in this situation this guy actually wanted the card and is just a slacker for not picking up the card timely