Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Why isn't the buyer chastised for trying to screw the seller? Is it not obvious he didn't know what he had until someone told him? But because he didn't research and was trying to make some money he found out he was the one actually getting robbed and ran away, yet he is the bad guy.

Fail to see the other side of it yet again. But because he should have done the research he is the bad guy.

Boo hoo buyer didn't get a steal. Seller is shady now!
are you serious?? If the OP did not know what he had that is HIS fault. Its called personal responsibility.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

This happens all day every day.

I won 3 auctions on ebay for 99 cent BIN on $200+ cards. The seller refused to sell me the cards stating he listed them in BIN format by mistake. He refunded my payment and I moved on. He made a mistake. Should I get to profit off his mistake? What can I possibly do when he doesnt sell it to me? Take him to court?

The seller in this case was wrong for re negging on the transaction. Maybe he made a mistake. Does he have the right to claim it was a mistake and kybosh the deal? I dont know. Some people will say yes and some will say no.

If you want to create less of these scenarios, one of the things that needs to stop is other posters coming into the sale thread after the sale has happend saying posting things like

"Damn, someone got a steal"
"Easy way to make $2k"
"I know someone that would have paid 100x more"
"I cant believe I missed a steal of a lifetime"
"let me know if he doesnt pay, ill take it"

These contribute to re negging of sales. Just imagine what would happen if you had the trade manager idea go through whereby people listed : x get this and Y gets $xx paypal. We would see a ton more of these types of things.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

Plain and simple seller was wrong. Negative feedback should have been left. If a deal is agreed to and one person backs out, they should receive a negative. Everyone trying to justify the seller had every right to not go through with the sell is just as shady and should not be allowed to conduct any type of transaction on this forum.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
are you serious?? If the OP did not know what he had that is HIS fault. Its called personal responsibility.
I do agree with this,
So lets say I cant find a lick of info anywhere on the griffey card

I know that 2 2008 topps chrome Griffey JR red rertactors ser#/25 recently sold for about 110 or so.
And i know that they used to go for more like 60-80.

So to me, at a glance, $75 looks like the right price for an off ebay quick deal.
Apprently its not ...

Then again, I would also know enough to ask around for opinions before putting it out there.

In any event, is backing out of a deal and refunding them within a short time frame really the same as someone who never sends out a thousand dollar sandy koufax super duper gu patch button 1/1 auto that I traded for ?

Does a jaywalker get the same jail time as a bank robber ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

I won 3 auctions on ebay for 99 cent BIN on $200+ cards. The seller refused to sell me the cards stating he listed them in BIN format by mistake. He refunded my payment and I moved on. He made a mistake. Should I get to profit off his mistake? What can I possibly do when he doesnt sell it to me? Take him to court?

The seller in this case was wrong for re negging on the transaction. Maybe he made a mistake. Does he have the right to claim it was a mistake and kybosh the deal? I dont know. Some people will say yes and some will say no.

If you want to create less of these scenarios, one of the things that needs to stop is other posters coming into the sale thread after the sale has happend saying posting things like

"Damn, someone got a steal"
"Easy way to make $2k"
"I know someone that would have paid 100x more"
"I cant believe I missed a steal of a lifetime"
"let me know if he doesnt pay, ill take it"

These contribute to re negging of sales. Just imagine what would happen if you had the trade manager idea go through whereby people listed : x get this and Y gets $xx paypal. We would see a ton more of these types of things.
sounds like the SCF style trade manager.
Which creates a thread detailing the transaction.
I dont like that system either.

the one on the bench leaves the info private to the users and admins
It also has a 5 star dsr system and what I guess I will call a
"double blind" feedback setup. I leave you feedback, you dont get the trader point until you leave me feedback. You cannot see the feedback I left for you until you leave it for me. IOW - no chance of a retialiatory, no debates over when a deal was agreed to and it also helps with the laziness factor, if you want your feedback, you have no choice but to leave me mine.

TBH - a "perfect" forum to me would be a combination of how the bench operates and the mod/user ratios, but with the volume and activity of Blowout.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 07-07-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Unfortunately, our world is full of history repeating itself for worse or better. We are more apt to commit the same mistake of others in a worse or negative way. We sadly cannot help the situation be prevented in the future fully, but we can at least try. Many people will continue to repeat history negatively, but this is truly out of our control. This is the human error and way of our society right now. It's sad to think how human society can be this way, but in fact we are getting closer and closer to everyone in society thinking, "this won't happen to me" phase and we are in decline as a race.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

Sorry buyer, you didn't get to f*ck over the seller because he didn't research. You could have bragged about the steal later but so sorry now you cant. NEG HIM!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Sorry buyer, you didn't get to f*ck over the seller because he didn't research. You could have bragged about the steal later but so sorry now you cant. NEG HIM!
Are you drunk? Of course he could have and still can. He chose not to.

Has nothing to do with the price or the seller being shady for me. I am sure he is not. The buyer did nothing wrong but say I will take it and he paid right away. The fact still remains he does not get the feedback that is warranted in the situation. People should know that they have to qualify purchases with the seller it appears

Last edited by wheeler281; 07-07-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

What do you mean he chose not to? In relation to my comment you're saying the buyer chose not to screw the seller? Seller backed out after he found out what he had. Buyer did nothing but say I'll take it knowing it was a steal (actually we have no clue what the buyer said because it wasn't posted. The 1st poster to claim it wasn't the one who got it) therefore buyer shouldn't be upset because the seller was woken up about what he had. We all try it, we all brag about it but shouldn't be blasting and negging someone because they were ignorant to the value. Basically everyone here is upset because the seller didnt get screwed!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

I cant explain it any slower for you brother. So nevermind lol
Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #35 (permalink)

Actually, negative feedback was left to the seller. Additional funds were sent to the buyer to compensate for the seller's mistake. The funds were sent to the buyer before the negative was left by the buyer. Positive feedback was left for the buyer.

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz138/tnj0426/

Last edited by tnj0426; 07-09-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
the one on the bench leaves the info private to the users and admins
It also has a 5 star dsr system and what I guess I will call a
"double blind" feedback setup. I leave you feedback, you dont get the trader point until you leave me feedback. You cannot see the feedback I left for you until you leave it for me. IOW - no chance of a retialiatory, no debates over when a deal was agreed to and it also helps with the laziness factor, if you want your feedback, you have no choice but to leave me mine.
We need this, I think I would have a lot more itrader if everyone I dealt with actually left me feedback.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-I am thoroughly confused why the OP is still here.

Judging from the majority of your posts, you think most of us here are scammers. Why stay? You've been perpetually 'frustrated' here it seems since you joined. I truly have no idea why you still hang around. Call me a stalker, but that doesn't mean the point isn't valid. Having all the negativity for members here and still hanging around is kinda like hanging out in a biker bar where you know someone is likely to steal your wallet in the next ten minutes (not that all bikers do that, but forgive the generalization for the example). Take yourself out of the situation. Telling the bartender about all the bad bikers buying the drinks isn't going to do squat.

I agree the linked deal was messed up, but i have nothing to add to what has already been identified as the problems with the subject transaction. The feedback system could use an overhaul, but as BO really doesn't have a vested interest in making those changes, it'll be up to the community exclusively to do anything about it. Independently. Similar to G.A.B. waaaaay back in the day of collectible card game trades.

lobo_hacker, tiring of cking's schtick

Last edited by lobo_hacker; 07-09-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo_hacker View Post
-I am thoroughly confused why the OP is still here.

Judging from the majority of your posts, you think most of us here are scammers. Why stay? You've been perpetually 'frustrated' here it seems since you joined. I truly have no idea why you still hang around. Call me a stalker, but that doesn't mean the point isn't valid. Having all the negativity for members here and still hanging around is kinda like hanging out in a biker bar where you know someone is likely to steal your wallet in the next ten minutes (not that all bikers do that, but forgive the generalization for the example). Take yourself out of the situation. Telling the bartender about all the bad bikers buying the drinks isn't going to do squat.

I agree the linked deal was messed up, but i have nothing to add to what has already been identified as the problems with the subject transaction. The feedback system could use an overhaul, but as BO really doesn't have a vested interest in making those changes, it'll be up to the community exclusively to do anything about it. Independently. Similar to G.A.B. waaaaay back in the day of collectible card game trades.

lobo_hacker, tiring of cking's schtick
Who are you? I am trying to help the forum in weeding out scammers. If you dont wanna help,thats fine. Dont. You must have me confused with someoine who cares what you think. I can say the same thing to you. If you dont like my posts ,dont read them. I dont care what you are tired of.

Oh and by the way..........before I forget.

I did the entire forum a service here because after I posted this thread the guy who got screwed over slapped the guy that sold the card out from under him with a Negative. He deserved it. Now everyone knows what actions he is capable of. The only people that knew before were the people who saw that thread. Now everyone knows. Again, That Neg was dropped after I made this thread.

Your welcome.

Thats exactly why I made the thread. They locked it. I copy and pasted it and put in my OP so it did not get buried for no one to see. Again you are welcome. I spend alot of money of these forums. I have the right to know who the slimeballs are. Everyone else does as well.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
I wish the person who ended up contacting the seller and offering him more could get a neg. That was a real scumbag move, imo.
This is a scumbag move, I also cant stand how people come on sale threads after a card has been claimed and post "that card sold for blah blah amount, what a steal". This is usually what triggers sellers to back out on deals.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

Your example is a little different. Listing a high dollar card BIN for $0.99 is clearly a mistake. Listing a card for $75 that sells for $200 is not doing your homework on what you are selling.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #41 (permalink)

Great Post/Thread OP, I want to know why the mods haven't come in with some sort of an answer/response. Seriously, I essentially have stopped trying to sell here mainly due to the irresponsibility of said leadership.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnj0426 View Post
Actually, negative feedback was left to the seller. Additional funds were sent to the buyer to compensate for the seller's mistake. The funds were sent to the buyer before the negative was left by the buyer. Positive feedback was left for the buyer.
Did you actually make a mistake (I.E. list the card for $75 when you meant $175) or did you just not know the value of the card you had and decide not to sell it for the amount you originally asked for?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Your example is a little different. Listing a high dollar card BIN for $0.99 is clearly a mistake. Listing a card for $75 that sells for $200 is not doing your homework on what you are selling.
Sure it is. If the guy knew it could easily sell for $200, you think he would have listed it for $75? NO. Both examples are people making mistakes.

If you think listing a $200 for $75 is not doing your homework, then Ill just say that listing a $300 as 99cent BIN is not double checking your home work..

Same difference at the end of the day. Just find it ironic that you selectively choose to support one as a mistake and to be forgiven (Remember a deal is a deal and a binding transactional agreement) yet you want to persecute a similar issue because when the seller re negs on a deal because of his mistake.

In both cases someone made a mistake. WHy the double standard?

The other funny thing is people talking about "When a deal is too good to be true, it usually is!" seems to always go out the window when you become the guy getting the steal. How ironic! The notion of flipping to make a large profit seems to blind people to the "might be too good to be true" sentiment they seem to support.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 07-10-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
This thread has been locked. And thats fine, but no negative was left either. Once this thread gets buried how is anyone supposed to know what that seller is capable of? I mean we do spend money on here, dont we have the right to know who the shady people are? Not looking for an argument and if you are one of my stalkers (you know who you are) please refrain from making this about me. This is about the community as a whole and keeping everyones hard earned money safe. Any thoughts about what can be done to keep people aware?

Crusade Ken Griffey Jr #25/25
Using the search function should take care of the first question.

As for the 2nd question, you have the right to know what you are willing to find out for yourself. This site is focused on making money from wax sales. Not policing the forum.

And for the 3rd question, my thoughts are that each member should research and make decisions based on their own discretion.

You do complain a lot. Just an observation mind you.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Who are you? I am trying to help the forum in weeding out scammers. If you dont wanna help,thats fine. Dont. You must have me confused with someoine who cares what you think. I can say the same thing to you. If you dont like my posts ,dont read them. I dont care what you are tired of.

Oh and by the way..........before I forget.

I did the entire forum a service here because after I posted this thread the guy who got screwed over slapped the guy that sold the card out from under him with a Negative. He deserved it. Now everyone knows what actions he is capable of. The only people that knew before were the people who saw that thread. Now everyone knows. Again, That Neg was dropped after I made this thread.

Your welcome.

Thats exactly why I made the thread. They locked it. I copy and pasted it and put in my OP so it did not get buried for no one to see. Again you are welcome. I spend alot of money of these forums. I have the right to know who the slimeballs are. Everyone else does as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Did you actually make a mistake (I.E. list the card for $75 when you meant $175) or did you just not know the value of the card you had and decide not to sell it for the amount you originally asked for?
Actually, a negative was never dropped. The seller still has a negative. The buyer received a positive and funds above what he paid for the card. It was a mistake, but, the buyer did not end up without profit.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Quote:
Actually, a negative was never dropped. The seller still has a negative. The buyer received a positive and funds above what he paid for the card. It was a mistake, but, the buyer did not end up without profit.
So you did sell it to someone else for more money?

How come you keep speaking about yourself in the third person?

bennieavery left me negative feedback for backing out of a sale.

I refunded him and gave him a little extra to try and make up for it and hopefully not get that negative.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Using the search function should take care of the first question.

As for the 2nd question, you have the right to know what you are willing to find out for yourself. This site is focused on making money from wax sales. Not policing the forum.

And for the 3rd question, my thoughts are that each member should research and make decisions based on their own discretion.

You do complain a lot. Just an observation mind you.
Tell this to the people who get suspended for bumping a thread 2 minutes early.

I just dont understand your stance here Joe.

You seem to have no problem with this guys shady actions, but you do have a problem with me speaking up about it.

And as far as me complaining. The only things I complain about are theft and scammers.

People have the right to make an INFORMED DECISION if they wanna deal with someone on here. Yes, I can search the sellers name before I decide. But what if a thread about someone who does something shady is deleated? Then how do I know.

When threads get deleated, locked or buried people lose the ability to make an INFORMED DECISION about who they deal with.

Some people will say thats what the feedback system is for but I have no respect or faith in the feedback system on this site.

When someone can upload a fake dc#, never send the card and drop a neg on a buyer who paid instantly you will not have very many people who believe in that type of system.

Anyone who dont like my posts or me personally, please feel free to use the ignore feature. No mods or admins have told me to stop voicing my opinion. I got something to say, I am saying it.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #48 (permalink)

I read today that someone spoke with the seller, and "i dont think he sold it yet, i was talking to him about it, but he is looking to sell itif anyone here wants it and has a good offer i'll tell him, or you can tell him direct."
but on a message he sent me 7/8

this was his reply on 7/8 to a message
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicpapa
still have that Griffey Crusades?

Appreciate your interest; however, it has been sold and shipped.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
I read today that someone spoke with the seller, and "i dont think he sold it yet, i was talking to him about it, but he is looking to sell itif anyone here wants it and has a good offer i'll tell him, or you can tell him direct."
but on a message he sent me 7/8

this was his reply on 7/8 to a message
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicpapa
still have that Griffey Crusades?

Appreciate your interest; however, it has been sold and shipped.
So he is a shady seller and a liar. Thats a great combination.

Money sure brings out a persons true colors.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #50 (permalink)

Default Negative response

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
So you did sell it to someone else for more money?

How come you keep speaking about yourself in the third person?

bennieavery left me negative feedback for backing out of a sale.

I refunded him and gave him a little extra to try and make up for it and hopefully not get that negative.
1st - one person was the first to pm me while another actually posted to buy it first. Either way it is sold, you lose. Someone will complain.

2nd - the was NO effort to influence whether the buyer left negative feedback. The additional funds were to apologize for the mistake. I left him positive feedback regardless of his feedback.

3rd - I did not see him being so upset as to return the additional funds sent. I made a mistake. I know you ignore all the other feedback for it is easier to look at a mistake than the history as a whole.

4th - I speak in the third person because this discussion does not include the buyer, so third person is objective and appropriate.

Closed Thread