Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can I ask a question here?

This thread has been locked. And thats fine, but no negative was left either. Once this thread gets buried how is anyone supposed to know what that seller is capable of? I mean we do spend money on here, dont we have the right to know who the shady people are? Not looking for an argument and if you are one of my stalkers (you know who you are) please refrain from making this about me. This is about the community as a whole and keeping everyones hard earned money safe. Any thoughts about what can be done to keep people aware?

Crusade Ken Griffey Jr #25/25
Old 07-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
This thread has been locked. And thats fine, but no negative was left either. Once this thread gets buried how is anyone supposed to know what that seller is capable of? I mean we do spend money on here, dont we have the right to know who the shady people are? Not looking for an argument and if you are one of my stalkers (you know who you are) please refrain from making this about me. This is about the community as a whole and keeping everyones hard earned money safe. Any thoughts about what can be done to keep people aware?http://<br /> <br /> http://www.bl...r-25-25-a.html
Bump this thread whenever you feel it appropriate ?
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
Old 07-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well...last time I tried I was warned bc I posted in the members thread and made a post mod said I was harassing the scammer.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Bump this thread whenever you feel it appropriate ?
I am actually trying to help.Thats more then I can say for alot of other people.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Well...last time I tried I was warned bc I posted in the members thread and made a post mod said I was harassing the scammer.
I really dont wanna make this about the mods. Its about us and what we can do to prevent others from being stolen from.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I am actually trying to help.Thats more then I can say for alot of other people.
It was a serious suggestion.
not sure what else can be done.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
It was a serious suggestion.
not sure what else can be done.
There is nothing in the link? Maybe its just my computer?
Old 07-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Scarlet letter Ss?
Old 07-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
There is nothing in the link? Maybe its just my computer?
yours works.
not sure why mine got all vakakta when I quoted you.

Last edited by MetDude; 07-06-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Im confused as to why no neg was left on this deal as well. This is a clear negative situation, probably due to fear of retaliation.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Im confused as to why no neg was left on this deal as well. This is a clear negative situation, probably due to fear of retaliation.
That was my thought as well.

A couple weeks ago a member pmd me asking about another trader on here. I advised them not to deal with that person as they had shown some shady actions in the past. I saved them alot of trouble because sure enough two weeks later that member I advised him against dealing with was called out for selling a damaged card. And I am pretty sure it was the same card he was trying to trade my friend. I got a big thank you from this person and it was nice to see someone not get burned for a change.

Last edited by cking; 07-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I really dont wanna make this about the mods. Its about us and what we can do to prevent others from being stolen from.
Its not about the mods its about the principle of the repercussions for continuing to bring it up after the fact...it happened...if he doesn't get banned or someone didn't want to leave a neg then history will repeat it self...I love reading threads where members are given a mulligan bc they ripped people off 2-3 years ago but now they are a productive member of society... I leave negs and almost every time after I leave one I get a pm from someone and they want me to report the pms so they can see if the neg is justified...what purpose does that serve...is there a scale to justify? there should be one giant sticky and each person can add to it...
Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

While it is shady and I don't agree with people backing out of deals he did not steal anything. The only thing I can think off is making a sticky of members who back out of deals or have issues. Or don't use this site to buy and sell cards if you are worried about this happening. I mainly use ebay unless I see a card here I want or need and if I do I only buy because I am protected this way. It sucks, but it just seems the way it goes right now.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
While it is shady and I don't agree with people backing out of deals he did not steal anything. The only thing I can think off is making a sticky of members who back out of deals or have issues. Or don't use this site to buy and sell cards if you are worried about this happening. I mainly use ebay unless I see a card here I want or need and if I do I only buy because I am protected this way. It sucks, but it just seems the way it goes right now.
I believe I am at the point where I know who to deal with and who not to deal with. And as long as I pay with Paypal Goods I am protected. There have been many cards I have wanted to buy on here but chose not to because I did not know the seller. A few times it cost me a nice pc card as that some of those sellers have gone on to become great members of the forum. I few times I was spot on as people got robbed by someone who was trying to sell me cards. Its hit and miss I guess.

I know I complain alot but I am honestly just trying to help.

I also know you cannot have a blanket ban for one offense because someones first offense truly could be a post office or shipping issue.

But I also believe that if it is a fact that someone on here stole from another member then thay should be perma banned. Why give them a chance to do it too another member? In a way its kinda like saying

"We know so and so stole from someone on here but we are not gonna ban them because its really not our problem"

With all due respect thats not a good way to be treating people.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

I wish the person who ended up contacting the seller and offering him more could get a neg. That was a real scumbag move, imo.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
I wish the person who ended up contacting the seller and offering him more could get a neg. That was a real scumbag move, imo.
Did a member really do that? Or did he sell it and see all the comments saying how its worth a lot more and then change his mind? Either way it sucks for the buyer.

I was surprised at how quickly the thread was locked as well.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
That was a pretty crappy move as well,if thats how it happened.He may just have seen everyone else saying how much it was really worth. Maybe I am just old school.But I truly believe a person is only as good as there word. Alot of people just dont seem to care anymore.

I guess the part that really bothers me the most is some people who steal on here have the stones to just stay on the forum and act like nothing happened. And then they start giving people a hard time when they are called out on there actions.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I know I complain alot but I am honestly just trying to help.

But I also believe that if it is a fact that someone on here stole from another member then thay should be perma banned. Why give them a chance to do it too another member? In a way its kinda like saying

"We know so and so stole from someone on here but we are not gonna ban them because its really not our problem"

With all due respect thats not a good way to be treating people.

Agree with just about all of this.
The fine line/gray area/problem I have is the the fact that a negative is a simple "minus 1"

A)If I send out a trade, and I get an untampered with empty envelope with tracking, that person likely stole from me. I would have no problem outing them

B)If I buy a card and it never arrives, it could be that the PO screwed up, it could be that the seller never sent. Do I leave a neg? Depends on the the persons behavior. But as long as I paid thru paypal I get a paypal refund. So assuming bad intentions, the person did not steal from me , they defrauded paypal.

C)Someone has a 200 card. They sell it at fair market value. 2 weeks later they issue a refund and tell me that they have an offer for more money, I go thru a week long back n forth and am told several times that item is mine, only to have the seller tell me there is a better offer and I have to do better. After much BS, the seller finally ships. Am i going to leave a neg? hell yeah, but only after I receive the item ive gone thru all the BS for.

D)Someone else has a 200 card. They have no clue its a $200 card. They offer it on quicksale for 30 bucks. This is an interesting scenario. Should I even be saying "i'll take it" or am I morally obligated to inform the seller that they are screwing themselves out of $170? If I knowingly choose to abandon my morals and just say "ill take it" and get a refund an hour later, I doubt I personally would leave a neg. Why ? because I knowingly chose to try to get over on someone who didnt have a clue what they were selling.

E) If I buy a cheapo card, say from you. We agree to 2 dollars shipped pwe because even paypal postage costs more than the card is worth.
The card never arrives. There is no chance whatsoever that I believe you didnt send. I fully believe you would issue a refund (if I asked for it).
I would not issue a neutral or a neg. I just wouldnt leave feedback.

But based on recent threads, I am in my rights to do so.
So lets assume for a moment I did leave you a neg.

It is exactly the same "minus 1" someone else got for stealing.
Are they the same?

Is a bunt double the same as a bomb that hits the top of the wall?
Of course not.
but
They are both "line drives in box score tomorrow"

A bit wordy, but I hope you took the time to read it as it illustrates
why I am cautious about leaving a neg without clear cut evidence.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Agree with just about all of this.
The fine line/gray area/problem I have is the the fact that a negative is a simple "minus 1"

A)If I send out a trade, and I get an untampered with empty envelope with tracking, that person likely stole from me. I would have no problem outing them

B)If I buy a card and it never arrives, it could be that the PO screwed up, it could be that the seller never sent. Do I leave a neg? Depends on the the persons behavior. But as long as I paid thru paypal I get a paypal refund. So assuming bad intentions, the person did not steal from me , they defrauded paypal.

C)Someone has a 200 card. They sell it at fair market value. 2 weeks later they issue a refund and tell me that they have an offer for more money, I go thru a week long back n forth and am told several times that item is mine, only to have the seller tell me there is a better offer and I have to do better. After much BS, the seller finally ships. Am i going to leave a neg? hell yeah, but only after I receive the item ive gone thru all the BS for.

D)Someone else has a 200 card. They have no clue its a $200 card. They offer it on quicksale for 30 bucks. This is an interesting scenario. Should I even be saying "i'll take it" or am I morally obligated to inform the seller that they are screwing themselves out of $170? If I knowingly choose to abandon my morals and just say "ill take it" and get a refund an hour later, I doubt I personally would leave a neg. Why ? because I knowingly chose to try to get over on someone who didnt have a clue what they were selling.

E) If I buy a cheapo card, say from you. We agree to 2 dollars shipped pwe because even paypal postage costs more than the card is worth.
The card never arrives. There is no chance whatsoever that I believe you didnt send. I fully believe you would issue a refund (if I asked for it).
I would not issue a neutral or a neg. I just wouldnt leave feedback.

But based on recent threads, I am in my rights to do so.
So lets assume for a moment I did leave you a neg.

It is exactly the same "minus 1" someone else got for stealing.
Are they the same?

Is a bunt double the same as a bomb that hits the top of the wall?
Of course not.
but
They are both "line drives in box score tomorrow"

A bit wordy, but I hope you took the time to read it as it illustrates
why I am cautious about leaving a neg without clear cut evidence.
You do make some valid points. And thats why I said you cannot have a blanket ban for screwing up one time because it truly could be the post offices fault.

I guess I am just frustrated. I enjoy wheeling and dealing on here but I feel like I am risking my money everytime I do a transaction with someone I dont know. And what makes matters worse is I know if someone was to rob me that they would be back on the forum like nothing happened. I know in a way no matter where you buy on the internet you are always taking a chance but I guess I expect more from people. It seems like alot of people on here have no integrity or standards.

I think it takes a pretty ballzy and arrogant person to do something shady on here and then act like nothing happened. And expect others to overlook there actions.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Anyone know the price before he edited it?
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
Old 07-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Anyone know the price before he edited it?
$75.....I believe.I could be wrong.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

LOL at that thread being locked. Him not getting a neg is pretty laughable.. Another guy that did not get what he paid for other then a refund not leaving a negative feedback. Man this feedback system rocks! So official and truthful
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
Old 07-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
$75.....I believe.I could be wrong.
Yeah, it was $75
Old 07-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Why isn't the buyer chastised for trying to screw the seller? Is it not obvious he didn't know what he had until someone told him? But because he didn't research and was trying to make some money he found out he was the one actually getting robbed and ran away, yet he is the bad guy.

Fail to see the other side of it yet again. But because he should have done the research he is the bad guy.

Boo hoo buyer didn't get a steal. Seller is shady now!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Why isn't the buyer chastised for trying to screw the seller? Is it not obvious he didn't know what he had until someone told him? But because he didn't research and was trying to make some money he found out he was the one actually getting robbed and ran away, yet he is the bad guy.

Fail to see the other side of it yet again. But because he should have done the research he is the bad guy.

Boo hoo buyer didn't get a steal. Seller is shady now!
Has nothing to do with the price or the seller being shady for me. I am sure he is not. The buyer did nothing wrong but say I will take it and he paid right away. The fact still remains he does not get the feedback that is warranted in the situation. People should know that they have to qualify purchases with the seller it appears
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
Closed Thread