Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Remix

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
The point of the thread was to inform others on a member who obviously does not know how to conduct himself properly. It did its job. Nothing good was going to come from it by leaving it open for him to come in and start a whole big thing.
What it also prevents though is that the information about how this member conducts himself can not be bumped to the top for others to take notice. I will make it a point to bump this one often though, so perhaps others will look at the link. Thanks to the O.P.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 07-14-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: see post 31 - I gave a response
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
But I do hope you would agree, that even in PM, that language is VERY inappropriate. Assuming (i know...) bfp did report those PM's, he should have been on vacation for that alone, even in private.
Without question, I agree that scackles comments were beyond inappropriate. In no way was I defending scackles, as those comments in pm's to babyfaceposey and also his comments in this thread have shown us all the type of person he is.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
What it also prevents though is that the information about how this member conducts himself can not be bumped to the top for others to take notice. I will make it a point to bump this one often though, so perhaps others will look at the link. Thanks to the O.P.
This is another reason why I wrote this.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
This is true. It's too bad feedback can't be left for being a disgraceful member.

2013 Topps Pro Debut Signed Set - 009/220
Old 07-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
This is another reason why I wrote this.
Thanks again. People need to know that members will be called out on their behavior here. Even if they think that they can do their dirt via PM and get away with it, they will be exposed. He used to post but now tries to hind how scummy he is in PM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
This is true. It's too bad feedback can't be left for being a disgraceful member.
No, but this thread can stay at the top for a while.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Previous thread was locked and not deleted so it could be found by the membership if they searched for it. A simple search both online and on the forums will easily find it. I suspect this thread will have the same fate.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #32 (permalink)

To the top.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Previous thread was locked and not deleted so it could be found by the membership if they searched for it. A simple search both online and on the forums will easily find it. I suspect this thread will have the same fate.

Not everyone searches for members (especially if no negative feedback was given) in the members feedback section. Again, I am not a trouble maker but I find it ridiculous that no penalties were levied against a member who made sexual remarks to another member. If that was a minor who received these sexual remarks, it could be an issue for BO.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #34 (permalink)

I think they lock threads so they aren't continually bumped and take over newer conversations about bad members, but still, thought at the very least he would have suffered a minor suspension. We've seen members get banned because of their avatars, so thought those remarks would have been considered offensive.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Not everyone searches for members (especially if no negative feedback was given) in the members feedback section. Again, I am not a trouble maker but I find it ridiculous that no penalties were levied against a member who made sexual remarks to another member. If that was a minor who received these sexual remarks, it could be an issue for BO.
You can't fix stupid or lazy.

I search EVERY name I am new to when doing a deal on here and the web. I look for email info and google it as well.
I do not get ripped for a reason.

Most states have a MISDEMEANOR law relating to remarks being said in the presence of a minor....which is really no thing for BO. Think about it, by your logic,every time a 12 year old sees the F-Bomb on youtube, since youtube facilitates the venue of the content, youtube COULD be hit with these charges....see how silly it sounds ?

Over hearing or reading someones language is not the same as being targeted and harassed. I think you simply have your contexts mixed up heel,thats all :")
Old 07-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
You can't fix stupid or lazy.

I search EVERY name I am new to when doing a deal on here and the web. I look for email info and google it as well.
I do not get ripped for a reason.

Most states have a MISDEMEANOR law relating to remarks being said in the presence of a minor....which is really no thing for BO. Think about it, by your logic,every time a 12 year old sees the F-Bomb on youtube, since youtube facilitates the venue of the content, youtube COULD be hit with these charges....see how silly it sounds ?

Over hearing or reading someones language is not the same as being targeted and harassed. I think you simply have your contexts mixed up heel,thats all :")
Some people do not always check especially if they are new members and unfamiliar with the forum and the member feedback section. What you do is a great idea. I wish more people would follow your lead.

It is one thing to curse, it is another thing to make sexual remarks towards another member. If it was my child who received this, I would be real pissed if it was an adult making the comments. I would 100% look for them and do what I need to do to stop them.

BO is a relatively small business compared to YouTube. For argument's sake, what happens if something larger than this incident happens? Would you give them the business if they do nothing about this kind of nonsense?

The last part of your statement, you misunderstood. I could care less about reading it. I have seen and heard the most inappropriate things anyone could hear. That stuff doesn't bother me at all. I am looking out for the under aged kids who are members of this forum. Doubtful that their parents would want them to be exposed to predatory comments especially if it came from an adult. I know I wouldn't.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Some people do not always check especially if they are new members and unfamiliar with the forum and the member feedback section. What you do is a great idea. I wish more people would follow your lead.

It is one thing to curse, it is another thing to make sexual remarks towards another member. If it was my child who received this, I would be real pissed if it was an adult making the comments. I would 100% look for them and do what I need to do to stop them.

BO is a relatively small business compared to YouTube. For argument's sake, what happens if something larger than this incident happens? Would you give them the business if they do nothing about this kind of nonsense?

The last part of your statement, you misunderstood. I could care less about reading it. I have seen and heard the most inappropriate things anyone could hear. That stuff doesn't bother me at all. I am looking out for the under aged kids who are members of this forum. Doubtful that their parents would want them to be exposed to predatory comments especially if it came from an adult. I know I wouldn't.
Evey single teenager more than likely hears stuff worse than what was written at school or in public everyday of their life unless they are kept in a bubble and not allowed to leave the house.

I am not saying that this should be condoned, but I don't think it is a life shattering occurrence.

Heck, lawjawjones claims to be 14 and throws out sexual innuendo with the best of them.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post
Evey single teenager more than likely hears stuff worse than what was written at school or in public everyday of their life unless they are kept in a bubble and not allowed to leave the house.

I am not saying that this should be condoned, but I don't think it is a life shattering occurrence.

Heck, lawjawjones claims to be 14 and throws out sexual innuendo with the best of them.
You're right - It's not life shattering but behavior like that should not be acceptable to BO. By the looks of things, the guy got away without penalties but I had a vacation due to bumping a couple years ago. That does not make sense to me. Does it to you?

The typical teenager hears this nonsense generally from their peers - not adults.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
You're right - It's not life shattering but behavior like that should not be acceptable to BO. By the looks of things, the guy got away without penalties but I had a vacation due to bumping a couple years ago. That does not make sense to me. Does it to you?

The typical teenager hears this nonsense generally from their peers - not adults.
If I had received those PM's, I would have reported them.
Had no action been taken I would be irritated about it.

As I recall, Babyfaceposey chose not to report the posts.
And theres the rub.
Whatever I think or feel about the situation is not relevant as the recipient was not offended enough to report the posts despite putting them out there for the public to see. I dont condone scackles actions in the slightest, mind you. But I dont see how a mod can take action when the recipient doesnt file a complaint.

Hopefully, this incident will at least be kept in mind should the behavior continue.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
Old 07-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #40 (permalink)

To the top.
Closed Thread