Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
bdrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC but Los Angeles at heart.
Posts: 5,942
Default the_dude

Made a $100+ purchase from him over the holiday weekend, and it arrived safely and timely. Went to leave feedback and found he's been banned.

Curious what happened there. Seemed to be a pretty straight forward guy.
__________________
Collecting HoF autographs
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 35,339
Default

whoa

I can honestly say I always had a weird feeling about that guy. Something just seemed...off.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
Default

I guess he didn't abide?
KennyWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Greggdemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 1,331
Default

I had a perfect transaction with him as well. Seemed like a nice member.
__________________
http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/greggdemo/
Currently trying to complete 2012 Elite Inscriptions. Please PM if you have any FT/FS.

Pending deals:
Greggdemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
bdrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC but Los Angeles at heart.
Posts: 5,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyWoo View Post
I guess he didn't abide?
/thread . . .
__________________
Collecting HoF autographs
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
underwood4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 3,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyWoo View Post
I guess he didn't abide?
lol, are you the dude reincarnated?
__________________
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/underwood4
underwood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyWoo View Post
I guess he didn't abide?
Dammit. I was going to post the same thing more or less. Thanks for nothing
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

I know why he was banned. I brought the issue to the mods attention. I found out about who he really is after I recently made a purchase from him a day or two ago...
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
jason122883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,028
Default

Yeah he was romo2totown or something like that.
__________________
LOOKING FOR STEFEN ROMERO BOWMAN CHROME
jason122883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

As you might remember (if you've seen the video before), houdini made a video on the eBayer "romo2totown", a formerly-banned SCF member who was caught selling LOTS of high end cards where he put fake patches in.

Fake Patch on eBay Mickey Mantle Marquee Sterling - YouTube

Just the other day, I made a deal with the member in question here. His name was "the dude". He sold me something, and I sent him payment. After sending over the PayPal, I realized that his PayPal address sounded familiar. He told me to send the PayPal to:

romo2to@hotmail.com

Instantly, I put two and two together and thought of "romo2totown." I did a little Google research, and found this:

https://twitter.com/romo2totown

That's his Twitter account. I checked PayPal to see the name of the person I had just sent payment to...and what do you know! His name was Brandon Rust!

Obviously, that's not enough proof really because it could just be a coincidence. Just to be 100% sure, I did some more digging on his threads while he was a member on SCF and found this:

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...5-pp-gift-firm

As you see in that thread, he asks that payment be sent to the SAME PayPal address that I sent payment to the other day!


That's pretty much the same message I sent the mods a day or two ago. They told me to keep it on the down low until my cards came in (the cards I bought weren't patches). CardCollector also bought a very nice Romo lot off him, and looking back at it, many of the patches now seem too good to be true. So I let him know about it as well. Even though his feedback here is good, a guy who doesn't mind faking patches for personal gain will likely go to similar measures to gain more

Hopefully the cards I paid for come in now though...he hasn't updated the DC yet. However, does this give me my inaugural BODA badge?
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/

Last edited by lagalaxyfan23; 07-13-2013 at 09:18 PM.
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
bdrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC but Los Angeles at heart.
Posts: 5,942
Default

Kind of sad he's messing with cards like that.

I'm fairly sure the piece I got from him is legit. It's just boring grey swatches after all.

__________________
Collecting HoF autographs
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
bjs852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Former Female Member
Posts: 1,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
As you might remember (if you've seen the video before), houdini made a video on the eBayer "romo2totown", a formerly-banned SCF member who was caught selling LOTS of high end cards where he put fake patches in.

Fake Patch on eBay Mickey Mantle Marquee Sterling - YouTube

Just the other day, I made a deal with the member in question here. His name was "the dude". He sold me something, and I sent him payment. After sending over the PayPal, I realized that his PayPal address sounded familiar. He told me to send the PayPal to:

romo2to@hotmail.com

Instantly, I put two and two together and thought of "romo2totown." I did a little Google research, and found this:

https://twitter.com/romo2totown

That's his Twitter account. I checked PayPal to see the name of the person I had just sent payment to...and what do you know! His name was Brandon Rust!

Obviously, that's not enough proof really because it could just be a coincidence. Just to be 100% sure, I did some more digging on his threads while he was a member on SCF and found this:

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...5-pp-gift-firm

As you see in that thread, he asks that payment be sent to the SAME PayPal address that I sent payment to the other day!


That's pretty much the same message I sent the mods a day or two ago. They told me to keep it on the down low until my cards came in (the cards I bought weren't patches). CardCollector also bought a very nice Romo lot off him, and looking back at it, many of the patches now seem too good to be true. So I let him know about it as well. Even though his feedback here is good, a guy who doesn't mind faking patches for personal gain will likely go to similar measures to gain more

Hopefully the cards I paid for come in now though...he hasn't updated the DC yet. However, does this give me my inaugural BODA badge?

Welcome to BODA!!! Your membership packet should arrive in 2-4 weeks
__________________
//s244.photobucket.com/user/bjs852/library/?sort=3&page=1
“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
― John Wayne
bjs852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 6,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
As you might remember (if you've seen the video before), houdini made a video on the eBayer "romo2totown", a formerly-banned SCF member who was caught selling LOTS of high end cards where he put fake patches in.

Fake Patch on eBay Mickey Mantle Marquee Sterling - YouTube

Just the other day, I made a deal with the member in question here. His name was "the dude". He sold me something, and I sent him payment. After sending over the PayPal, I realized that his PayPal address sounded familiar. He told me to send the PayPal to:

romo2to@hotmail.com

Instantly, I put two and two together and thought of "romo2totown." I did a little Google research, and found this:

https://twitter.com/romo2totown

That's his Twitter account. I checked PayPal to see the name of the person I had just sent payment to...and what do you know! His name was Brandon Rust!

Obviously, that's not enough proof really because it could just be a coincidence. Just to be 100% sure, I did some more digging on his threads while he was a member on SCF and found this:

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...5-pp-gift-firm

As you see in that thread, he asks that payment be sent to the SAME PayPal address that I sent payment to the other day!


That's pretty much the same message I sent the mods a day or two ago. They told me to keep it on the down low until my cards came in (the cards I bought weren't patches). CardCollector also bought a very nice Romo lot off him, and looking back at it, many of the patches now seem too good to be true. So I let him know about it as well. Even though his feedback here is good, a guy who doesn't mind faking patches for personal gain will likely go to similar measures to gain more

Hopefully the cards I paid for come in now though...he hasn't updated the DC yet. However, does this give me my inaugural BODA badge?
I nominated the last "sheriff" and he got into hot water so........
Please raise your right hand and repeat after me
I __________ will do my best to protect and investigate (REAL loud) ALL SCAMMER LIKE ACTIVITY that is reported to me, I will drive cross country if need be to lay the smack down, and last but not least i will police these forums to the like of the famous people of the past and present who dod this job before me to the likes of PTF, PlatinumPlus, and __________ (you can add one) God Bless and God Speed (insert your name here)

Payment and benefits arent much, well actually nothing
but its the satisfaction is what will pay the bills
Carry on and remember kids are looking up to you
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs852 View Post
Welcome to BODA!!! Your membership packet should arrive in 2-4 weeks
He nailed it and used actual pertinent information in doing so which means he isn't eligible for BODA membership.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
He nailed it and used actual pertinent information in doing so which means he isn't eligible for BODA membership.
i hear you have to misspell Exquisite to really reach the higher ranks of the BODA.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
I nominated the last "sheriff" and he got into hot water so........
Please raise your right hand and repeat after me
I __________ will do my best to protect and investigate (REAL loud) ALL SCAMMER LIKE ACTIVITY that is reported to me, I will drive cross country if need be to lay the smack down, and last but not least i will police these forums to the like of the famous people of the past and present who dod this job before me to the likes of PTF, PlatinumPlus, and __________ (you can add one) God Bless and God Speed (insert your name here)

Payment and benefits arent much, well actually nothing
but its the satisfaction is what will pay the bills
Carry on and remember kids are looking up to you
I'll definitely have to take some serious reflection time on this...not sure I can handle the heat. I'll let you know by tomorrow
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

In all seriousness, I purchased from him five days ago. He hasn't updated the DC number. Not really sure what to do here haha because I still really want the cards I bought off him.
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
CardCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OH
Posts: 8,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
In all seriousness, I purchased from him five days ago. He hasn't updated the DC number. Not really sure what to do here haha because I still really want the cards I bought off him.
That's weird. Those Romos are out for delivery today. He has emailed me multiple times because as soon as I found out he was a scammer and 3 days of no DC update, I opened a case. He keeps emailing me telling me to drop the case. I will once the cards arrive and look good.
__________________
Buying 2014 Rookie Autos for my PC - PM me if you have any for sale!
CardCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
That's weird. Those Romos are out for delivery today. He has emailed me multiple times because as soon as I found out he was a scammer and 3 days of no DC update, I opened a case. He keeps emailing me telling me to drop the case. I will once the cards arrive and look good.
So are you suggesting that I open a case and/or email him, and that will get his attention?
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 6,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
I'll definitely have to take some serious reflection time on this...not sure I can handle the heat. I'll let you know by tomorrow
Listen if your not up to the job I will revoke my nomination and find some with a lot less qualification!!!!
Id file a claim and save yourself some time
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
MetDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 4,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
So are you suggesting that I open a case and/or email him, and that will get his attention?
Considering the history, just file a case now.
__________________
2008 Topps Chrome Red Refractor SET #'d/25 98.8% complete!
NEED THESE 4 - PLEASE LMK!!!
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

Thanks guys. I hadn't heard a peep from him for the last five days, but about two hours after I opened a claim he sent me this message:

yes, im sending them out tomorrow, they banned me for some unknown reason, they wont even tell me why, I don't know what is going on. ill update the trakcing tomorrow thru paypal
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
MetDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 4,534
Default

Step in the right direction hopefully.
Do not close the case until items are in hand.
__________________
2008 Topps Chrome Red Refractor SET #'d/25 98.8% complete!
NEED THESE 4 - PLEASE LMK!!!
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Step in the right direction hopefully.
Do not close the case until items are in hand.
Of course not thanks DC has been updated, and he claimed he shipped today, but it's not showing its arrival at the post office yet. I'll be sure to make a video of me opening it once it arrives just to be sure
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,421
Default

DC showing delivered. Looks like PayPal decided to take the liberty of closing the case automatically because of that, so let's just pray that the contents in the package are indeed the cards I bought Because if not, I don't think there's anything haha.

I'm out on vacation right now so I don't know, but fingers crossed!
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.