Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default BLOCK THIS GUY what a jerk

Ive had 1339 transactions without a neg until now. His username is gramat74. The long and short of this is as follows.

All my listings state that payment is due within two days of winning. I know people have longer but its just an encouragement to pay and I never enforce it because ebay makes you wait anyway. So after numerous messages , he writes

gramat74-Can you wait till Tuesday July 16 if not cancel the item. Thanks

hanesk9-if its not paid that morning I will not cancel I will file a non paying bidder .

gramat74-Yes it's my fault for not paying on time, with that said nobody on ebay has responded like you have so go ahead and give me nonpaid negative feedback. I tried to work with sorry. Thanks have a great day

hanesk9-no prob, sounds like your not new to this. You could have helped your cause by simply reading the description where it states the time to pay and asked for more time. Instead you write me telling me to cancel a transaction if I cant wait to be paid.

gramat74-The truth is yes a have purchased a lot of items off eBay, this is the first time I bet on more items that I could pay for right away, I'm not a dealer just hobbie, what I'm going to do is Tuesday around noon because I work 3rd shift and get paid on Tuesday is pay you for your card and then you keep your card for may mistake, sometimes I bid on items at the last moments which again ls fault, i have never sold anything on ebay so please go ahead and give me negative feedback and keep your card, once again your payment will be there Tuesday. Thanks

hanesk9-I told you I had no prob waiting to be paid on the day you told me. The problem I had was you said just cancel the item if I wouldnt accept that. That in my opinion is not acceptable. When you buy the product it is a contract. If I just cancelled the transaction everytime , it would be pointless for me to continue to sell on ebay. I have had to file over 100 non paying bidder disputes in my time on ebay and as a seller it is very annoying when someone buys and does not pay. I dont want your money, this is a hobby for me as well and quit begging me for a negative and pay for the cards so that I can get them shipped to you. End of story

gramat74-Ok I tried to be nice I'm done with you!!!

hanesk9-Fine have it your way.........

So then I open the non paying bidder case, he then pays and I have it set up to leave automatic positive feedback when a buyer pays (which I will now change)

I see that I am left a neg then,

hanesk9-Thanks for the negative after I gave you a positive even though you couldnt pay on time. Real classy move. You are now blocked. Ebay has been contacted and I will have your feedback removed. PAY YOUR BILLS

gramat74-Like I told you b4 I don't care what kind of feedback you give me, your only the second person I've gave negative feedback to out of all the stuff I've purchased off eBay, plus I would never want to buy anything from you again, there are a lot of good people on here and yes its my fault for you having to wait on the payment, I told you I would pay, you wanted to be difficult and must everyone else on here are professional and willing to work with you. Thanks have a wonderful day...

THE END

SO ................if you want to deal with this dbag go ahead , just know that you have been warned!

Hobby shop northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on Facebook! Twitter=luckylarrys1
hanes1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

So what date did the item end. Never understood trying to get payment from buyers before ebay tos dictates you have.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
So what date did the item end. Never understood trying to get payment from buyers before ebay tos dictates you have.
July 6th, he didnt even reply to any messages I sent him about payment until the 11th asking if I could wait until the 16th to be paid. I told him I could but if not paid that day I would have to open the case........

Hobby shop northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on Facebook! Twitter=luckylarrys1
Old 07-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not sure what their lowest NPB is (think it's three days), so I would change it to that. I may be wrong, but isn't it reportable if a specific person's policy doesn't match what eBay allows?

I think it could have been handled with a nicer message in the beginning, but sucks, hope you get the negative removed.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I'm not sure what their lowest NPB is (think it's three days), so I would change it to that. I may be wrong, but isn't it reportable if a specific person's policy doesn't match what eBay allows?

I think it could have been handled with a nicer message in the beginning, but sucks, hope you get the negative removed.

ebay says they cant remove the negative because its the "opinion" of the buyer. As far as messages prior.... I sent him two messages saying "listing stated payment due two days after winning, please pay so I can get these shipped to you"

The message you see from him is after 2 messages went unanswered

It just blows my mind that after a transaction a non paying bidder can leave a neg so easily, Ive also hit my redline with buyers asking to cancel the item because they cannot pay. That to me is inexcusable and thats what really set me off. He demanded that I cancel the item if I didnt accept his terms.

Last edited by hanes1111; 07-20-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

bidder requirements can help you out. I have it set up to block people with unpaid item strikes in the past few months. May or may not have helped, but I have filtered out some unwanted buyers.

If somebody wants to cancel something, I always do it. I had some idiot ask to cancel a Jose Fernandez sterling auto a couple months ago. I just did it, realizing it wasn't worth the hassle, and relisted it. I ended up selling it for more the 2nd time around.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I'm not sure what their lowest NPB is (think it's three days), so I would change it to that.
It's 48 hours. Started in May:

Now, in the event that you do have an unpaid item, you can file a case as early as 2 days after a transaction ends and payment is not received—either manually in the Resolution Center or by choosing the 2-day option with Unpaid Item Assistant.

Spring Seller Update reminder: New seller protections start this month, new categories and item specifics now available | eBay Announcement Page
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

the biggest problem is 9 times out of 10 you're better off canceling it cause buyers end up leaving unwarranted negs.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver1080 View Post
the biggest problem is 9 times out of 10 you're better off canceling it cause buyers end up leaving unwarranted negs.
Yeah i realize that but I guess I just hit a point where I was done ............ I dont live and die by ebay just wanted to give fellas a heads up.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes1111 View Post
ebay says they cant remove the negative because its the "opinion" of the buyer. As far as messages prior.... I sent him two messages saying "listing stated payment due two days after winning, please pay so I can get these shipped to you"

The message you see from him is after 2 messages went unanswered

It just blows my mind that after a transaction a non paying bidder can leave a neg so easily, Ive also hit my redline with buyers asking to cancel the item because they cannot pay. That to me is inexcusable and thats what really set me off. He demanded that I cancel the item if I didnt accept his terms.
He wasn't a non-paying bidder. He just didn't pay in the time frame you wanted him to. Any paying buyer can leave feedback and ebay will not remove it.

Multiple messages asking for payment and bickering back and forth is what got you the neg. Like it or not buyers have all the power on ebay. The best thing you can do is smile, nod your head, and say yes sir.

Next time just file the NPB case on day 2. If he doesn't pay then close it on day 6.

Btw, positive is the only feedback you can leave to a bidder. It's pos or none at all.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Yeah i realize that but I guess I just hit a point where I was done ............ I dont live and die by ebay just wanted to give fellas a heads up.
I am not sure anybody lives and dies by ebay If you don't then I am not sure how you hit a red line as you called it. Just cancel and move on or open yourself up to the negatives. 16 imo was not a huge request for the amount especially.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I am not sure anybody lives and dies by ebay If you don't then I am not sure how you hit a red line as you called it. Just cancel and move on or open yourself up to the negatives. 16 imo was not a huge request for the amount especially.
I see your guys points, just meant Im not a 100% family income ebay type seller, but when i have had multiple non paying bidders in a 10-15 day period I was just fed up. If anyone would like to deal with guy , thats on you . I was cordial and asked nicely and requested payment prior to the above conversation. I dont expect people to pay instantly all the time but after that long with no communication there is no excuse.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont expect people to pay instantly all the time but after that long with no communication there is no excuse.
I agree. I never understood buyers lacking the common decency to at least tell you up front that they plan on waiting until next payday or whatever the excuse is. I know ebay policy gives them a sense of entitlement, but have enough courtesy to send a message and tell the seller whats up rather than hiding behind the computer saying "eff it. He'll just have to deal with it."

My point was that it's just part of selling on Ebay. You don't have to like it, but the best thing to do to appear professional is to grin and bear it when responding to customers.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

I feel your frustration but I deal with non paying bidders all the time. Better to just cancel than proceed to ruin the guy. Not worth it over $7.
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hey do you want to cancel this item? Let me know and I will cancel it and post it up again.

Same message I send to everyone if I don't hear from them in a week.