Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Rec'd a package yesterday - What would you do.

I am looking for opinions on this.

Paid $6.25 shipping for 8 cards, came in a bubble mailer with $1.86 for shipping charges.

I already left the appropriate DSR, what would you do. After a few replies I will let the rabbit outta the hat.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I wouldn't have even bid with shipping that high
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Don't-cha-love that I'm one of your first responders here

$6.25 is absurd. Absurd.

I've moved to $2.50 shipping with free combined shipping. Saves me heartaches, increases purchases, etc.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
I wouldn't have even bid with shipping that high
I bet I know what happened ... I've had this happen recently ... a lot of sellers state that they "combine shipping" but with no stated amount, then you bid on a few of their items, and their idea of combined shipping is $0.50 extra per card with no upper limit.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I bet I know what happened ... I've had this happen recently ... a lot of sellers state that they "combine shipping" but with no stated amount, then you bid on a few of their items, and their idea of combined shipping is $0.50 extra per card with no upper limit.
That is stupid too. Should be capped. By that I mean a limit, not shot
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
That is stupid too. Should be capped. By that I mean a limit, not shot
LOL

I paid like $4.25 shipping for 5 cards recently ... of course every single one was a $0.99 snipe, so I didn't worry about it, was still much cheaper than I could have bought them separately.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

If the terms of combo shipping were clearly stated in the auction, I'd have absolutely no problem with it. If you thought it was too high, you shouldn't have bid or purchased it.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Calculus- Yes ironic, lol.

The problem was there was no info on what the combined charge was. I figured it would be in reason. when I saw $6.25 I had thought I'd be getting the package via padded flat rate.

It should be capped at some point.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post

Paid $6.25 shipping for 8 cards, came in a bubble mailer with $1.86 for shipping charges.

I already left the appropriate DSR, what would you do. After a few replies I will let the rabbit outta the hat.
That is theft in my book

I paid for a pile of marbles, 2 1/2lbs. Shipping was 20.00
I waited, knowing how it would come, but I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sure enough, hand made box,shipped for $9.62

Dinged his DSR and left a neg, stated he was a shipping charges thief, do not buy without having him adjust shipping.

I got a 10.00 refund from the guy, he begged me to adjust the feedback, I told him hell no that doing right AFTER the fact didn;t negate being dishonest before hand.
Of course, he blocked me, but I give a #@#@#@#@

Shipping is that line where I swear I would make CK look like a humble church mouse. Someone charges me 4.00 ship and it comes in a 3oz or less label in a bubble mailer and I will lay into the DSR.
I give a CRAP about the fluffed up load of BS called handling time. No one pays me to walk to my mailbox. People lack the common sense to get costs down, I shouldn't suffer for it.
I have thousands of mailers, boxes of paper and multiple ink cartridges. People too lazy or cheap, to make purchases, to allow them to offer reasonable rates should suck it up and deal with it.
Shipping is my soft spot....I would neg a shipping whore in a heart beat and I have had fanbois chastise me here for it, while they feel changing your mind is neg worthy,even with communication as so many seem to be doing.

I charge 2.69 with free combined shipping. 10 marbles weights as much as 50 cards

Last edited by Gibberish; 07-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Gibberish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Way too much difference.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

I ship $2.50 1-9 Cards,
10-15 add .50
19-20 add. 50
Up to $4 max.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

The problem was there was no info on what the combined charge was. I figured it would be in reason. when I saw $6.25 I had thought I'd be getting the package via padded flat rate.

You were wrong. You should have asked up front and you would have been informed.
If you were informed they you would not have bid on the cards and would not have made this thread,
You dinged the DSR's and if you leave a negative please post your Ebay so people who have common sense can block you.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
You were wrong. You should have asked up front and you would have been informed.
If you were informed they you would not have bid on the cards and would not have made this thread,
You dinged the DSR's and if you leave a negative please post your Ebay so people who have common sense can block you.
I will toe the line as I know what JL charges on shipping. While I do not buy his cards, I do value his posts and his views on life Albeit his ebay shipping views differ from mine.

Giving someone a pass to rape someone is wrong. 6.25 is a prick move, period,all day. If it is posted in the listing, sure it's still a prick move in my book but your fault for not reading to some point, but to blindly add it, neg him and smile.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I will toe the line as I know what JL charges on shipping. While I do not buy his cards, I do value his posts and his views on life Albeit his ebay shipping views differ from mine.

Giving someone a pass to rape someone is wrong. 6.25 is a prick move, period,all day. If it is posted in the listing, sure it's still a prick move in my book but your fault for not reading to some point, but to blindly add it, neg him and smile.
My opinion was based on what I would do. If I made an assumption and I was wrong I would surely be angry at myself for not asking.
If I bought the cards I would ding his DSR's and either leave a begrudging positive or no FB at all. Depending if I had received feedback 1st.

I would then post here how I made a mistake and that I would recommend that you not buy from this seller as he does not combine shipping or his combined shipping prices are nothing but an income generator.

Can't fully blame someone else if I am partly to blame.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

i have to agree with jlzinck. while the shipping charges may have been a bit high, you "assumed" that's not the sellers fault. now had they mentioned how they shipped and still charged that price then it's on them.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Either way it is my right to ding the DSR and it is well deserved. Its not any different than stealing from me. I left the seller a positive feedback, due to receiving them in a timely matter unflawed hence what the DSR is for.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Either way it is my right to ding the DSR and it is well deserved. Its not any different than stealing from me. I left the seller a positive feedback, due to receiving them in a timely matter unflawed hence what the DSR is for.
I think you did the right thing.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

You know what they say about assumptions...................... Personally, I always ask ahead of time if I am bidding on multiple items and the listing doesn't say the combined shipping policy. Price is definately too high and I would be pissed but OP deserves equal blame due to not getting it sorted before bidding. I think because of that a neg is out of line. I do however support hammering the DSR's. That was solely the sellers doing, they should have lowered shipping to a reasonable amount all on their own.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

Every seller (not just this one) should clearly state the combined shipping charges in his listings. I think in this case a low DSR is definitely deserved. Buyer didn't ask about combined shipping, which in this case turned out to be a mistake, but $6.25 is just egregious. I could even see leaving a negative - I wouldn't personally leave one, but I wouldn't fault the buyer if he did.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Some sellers have to send an updated invoice to include the combined shipping prices. Some auctions automatically charge the individual shipping rates instead of combining them. If the seller stated combined shipping you should not have paid until requesting an invoice with updated combined shipping. If this is the case then it could have been avoided at your end.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I agree with this.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBelcher View Post
If the terms of combo shipping were clearly stated in the auction, I'd have absolutely no problem with it. If you thought it was too high, you shouldn't have bid or purchased it.
Then why is that DSR there?
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Assuming the shipping price was stated upfront, ding the DSR, but don't leave a neg.
KennyWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

I for one do not think you did anything wrong here so feel free to ding his shipping costs. 6.25 shipping for something that cost maybe 2.25 total is a flat out abuse of shipping charges
Soonerfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

I have had people in the past win multiple auctions and paid immediately before I could send them an adjusted invoice. I almost never put it in my auctions that I combined shipping I would just do it as a courtesy for anyone that bought from me.
Soonerfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote