Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Member Sales/Trade Feedback (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/)
-   -   eBay situation.... Worth a negative/neutral? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/571880-ebay-situation-worth-negative-neutral.html)

W_Raoul2 08-22-2013 04:21 PM

eBay situation.... Worth a negative/neutral?

Bought two cheap parallels from a seller on eBay. Shipping was $3 each. I shot him a message asking for combined shipping.

He never got back to me.

Day 3 rolls around, and I bite the bullet and pay $6 shipping.....

Wait a few days, no DC#, not marked as shipped. Since everything has gone so well already..... :rolleyes:

Today, I open the mailbox, and find a completely torn up bubble mailer. Two rips, and written out in pencil. Clearly a child's handwriting.

So, here lies my dilemma. What do you guys think this deserves? Still waiting on card number two.

wegoingsizzler 08-22-2013 04:27 PM

Did you buy the 2 cards together? or were they few days apart? Was the card okay?

If you bought them together, I would still leave a positive feedback but ding the DSR on shipping charge.

If you didn't buy them together, then I would leave a positive feedback and give a 4 on the DSR for shipping charge.

Both above being the card is okay.

If the card is not fine, then ask for a refund and don't leave any feedback. The seller (regardless of age) did put the card in a bubble mailer (not sure if it was top loaded and what not)... the card got to you as well..so he technically did his job getting you the card and did a reasonable job protecting the card. So I don't see why you would leave a neutral. The packaged got ripped up in transit, and it is not the seller's fault.

[QUOTE=W_Raoul2;5568517]Bought two cheap parallels from a seller on eBay. Shipping was $3 each. I shot him a message asking for combined shipping.

He never got back to me.

Day 3 rolls around, and I bite the bullet and pay $6 shipping.....

Wait a few days, no DC#, not marked as shipped. Since everything has gone so well already..... :rolleyes:

Today, I open the mailbox, and find a completely torn up bubble mailer. Two rips, and written out in pencil. Clearly a child's handwriting.

So, here lies my dilemma. What do you guys think this deserves? Still waiting on card number two.[/QUOTE]

W_Raoul2 08-22-2013 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=wegoingsizzler;5568552]Did you buy the 2 cards together? or were they few days apart? Was the card okay?

If you bought them together, I would still leave a positive feedback but ding the DSR on shipping charge.

If you didn't buy them together, then I would leave a positive feedback and give a 4 on the DSR for shipping charge.

Both above being the card is okay.

If the card is not fine, then ask for a refund and don't leave any feedback. The seller (regardless of age) did put the card in a bubble mailer (not sure if it was top loaded and what not)... the card got to you as well..so he technically did his job getting you the card and did a reasonable job protecting the card. So I don't see why you would leave a neutral. The packaged got ripped up in transit, and it is not the seller's fault.[/QUOTE]

They were bought 17 minutes apart. No communication, and lack of shipping updates were my reasons for a possible neutral.

First card was in a topload, I'll have to wait to see the topload.

This mailer wasn't damaged in transit. I get enough stuff in to know what sorter damage looks like, this appeared to not have been through one.

ChicagoCubsWS 08-22-2013 05:10 PM

Leave a negative.

Mikegioseffi 08-22-2013 05:22 PM

Negative. No excuse for garbage overpriced shipping

mufasa 08-22-2013 05:52 PM

Don't listen to these negative happy kids on here.

Did he ship in one mailer? If so, and cards were good then ding his DSR's for shipping.

If they were shipped in separate mailers and in good condition then positive for both.

If either card is damaged, then negs can come into play. If you hit the BIN BEFORE asking about combined shipping that is a buyers error. You need to ask those questions before purchase.

W_Raoul2 08-22-2013 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=mufasa;5569124]Don't listen to these negative happy kids on here.

Did he ship in one mailer? If so, and cards were good then ding his DSR's for shipping.

If they were shipped in separate mailers and in good condition then positive for both.

If either card is damaged, then negs can come into play. If you hit the BIN BEFORE asking about combined shipping that is a buyers error. You need to ask those questions before purchase.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you until the last part. These were auctions. I won both and waiting 3 days before paying while waiting for a reply/invoice regarding combined shipping.

Not to mention each item description included this:

[QUOTE]($0.50 shipping each additional auction won)[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

jmscoggin 08-22-2013 06:09 PM

Was the experience negative for you? I'm gathering by your post that it was. Therefore, negative. No communication, overpriced shipping, slow shipping etc. The damage isn't really their fault but it was bad enough before that. I would personally send a message first and give them a chance to make it right but if it gets ignored then I would drop the neg.

mufasa 08-22-2013 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=W_Raoul2;5569200]I agree with you until the last part. These were auctions. I won both and waiting 3 days before paying while waiting for a reply/invoice regarding combined shipping.

Not to mention each item description included this:

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I did not see that they offered in their listing to combine shipping. That changes things. Since I didn't see that, I thought you assumed you would get combined shipping

W_Raoul2 08-22-2013 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=jmscoggin;5569210]Was the experience negative for you? I'm gathering by your post that it was. Therefore, negative. No communication, overpriced shipping, slow shipping etc. The damage isn't really their fault but it was bad enough before that. I would personally send a message first and give them a chance to make it right but if it gets ignored then I would drop the neg.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I think the lack of communication bothers me the most considering I gave him a few days to reply. I'd like to think that he just missed it, but with all the drama lately my mind leaps to conclusions about someone ignoring something on purpose just to make a few extra bucks.

I think I'm leaning towards a neutral or a Not so positive positive with some dings to the DSRs.

If you're gonna sell on ebay and have the time to print labels, buy mailers, etc, you should have time to check your messages.... :rolleyes:

W_Raoul2 08-22-2013 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=mufasa;5569245]I did not see that they offered in their listing to combine shipping. That changes things. Since I didn't see that, I thought you assumed you would get combined shipping[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I would never assume that without asking first. I'm not THAT stupid. :)!

mufasa 08-22-2013 06:22 PM

[QUOTE=W_Raoul2;5569252]Not necessarily. I think the lack of communication bothers me the most considering I gave him a few days to reply. I'd like to think that he just missed it, but with all the drama lately my mind leaps to conclusions about someone ignoring something on purpose just to make a few extra bucks.

I think I'm leaning towards a neutral or a Not so positive positive with some dings to the DSRs.

If you're gonna sell on ebay and have the time to print labels, buy mailers, etc, you should have time to check your messages.... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Neutral and some dsr dings is the way to go here

jmscoggin 08-22-2013 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=mufasa;5569311]I agree. Neutral and some dsr dings is the way to go here[/QUOTE]

That works too. Maybe I am just fed up with all of the crap Ebayers lately and thinking a little too harshly. I haven't actually dropped a neg in some time but it seems to be warranted more and more every day.

W_Raoul2 08-22-2013 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=jmscoggin;5569347]That works too. Maybe I am just fed up with all of the crap Ebayers lately and thinking a little too harshly. I haven't actually dropped a neg in some time but it seems to be warranted more and more every day.[/QUOTE]

He has good feedback, and I always feel bad for killing someone's 100%, but I'm right there with you. Something must be going around.

It's like a zombie plague but with douchebag-ness. :)!

thor_rider08 08-22-2013 11:38 PM

Due to my location I had a set shipping amnt for items.. example 10$. In my listing I stated that any portion of shipping that was not used would be refunded. Never had an issue and its simple to do!

Lastly the only way I would leave a negative FB is if he would not refund you.
If they are willing to refund and make you whole then I see no reason for a neg..

bdrr 08-23-2013 02:12 AM

If cards were shipped separately, $3 is not an unreasonable shipping rate.

Whether the bubbles were torn en route is worth the benefit of the doubt.

If the card was destroyed, that's a different story.

At worst . . . neutral. But keep in mind that a neutral and a negative are about the same as far as eBay is concerned.

jmscoggin 08-23-2013 05:07 AM

[QUOTE=bdrr;5572776]If cards were shipped separately, $3 is not an unreasonable shipping rate.

Whether the bubbles were torn en route is worth the benefit of the doubt.

If the card was destroyed, that's a different story.

At worst . . . neutral. But keep in mind that a neutral and a negative are about the same as far as eBay is concerned.[/QUOTE]

The thing is that they never should have been shipped seperately. OP said that they were purchased 17 minutes apart so they should have been shipped together. If the seller would have checked messages he would have seen the OP ask about combined shipping. He did neither. Stuff happens so that is why I wouldn't willy nilly drop a neg but give him a chance to respond and say 'oops, dropped the ball sorry'. If he continues to not respond to messages and the second card continues to take awhile to show then that isn't ok. Should it be a neg? I don't know but it would definately be warranted. I know I wouldn't be happy.

uberfatty 08-23-2013 09:29 AM

The things that should really matter here are:

1. Did the cards arrive without damage?

and

2. Did the seller perform what was stated in the auction?

There's a major piece that you left out in the first post which came out in a post later on - the seller stated in the auctions that additional wins would combine for an additional $.50. Since the seller didn't knock off the extra $2.50 from your second deal, after you explicitly asked them to do so per the auction conditions, I'd say you have grounds for a negative/neutral and ding to DSR's.