Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
W_Raoul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default eBay situation.... Worth a negative/neutral?

Bought two cheap parallels from a seller on eBay. Shipping was $3 each. I shot him a message asking for combined shipping.

He never got back to me.

Day 3 rolls around, and I bite the bullet and pay $6 shipping.....

Wait a few days, no DC#, not marked as shipped. Since everything has gone so well already.....

Today, I open the mailbox, and find a completely torn up bubble mailer. Two rips, and written out in pencil. Clearly a child's handwriting.

So, here lies my dilemma. What do you guys think this deserves? Still waiting on card number two.
__________________
Self-proclaimed: HANLEY RAMIREZ and Clayton Kershaw SUPERCOLLECTOR.
Also collecting: Hunter Pence, Starling Marte, and Gregory Polanco
Bucket: https://picasaweb.google.com/110725359593585808487
W_Raoul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,382
Default

Did you buy the 2 cards together? or were they few days apart? Was the card okay?

If you bought them together, I would still leave a positive feedback but ding the DSR on shipping charge.

If you didn't buy them together, then I would leave a positive feedback and give a 4 on the DSR for shipping charge.

Both above being the card is okay.

If the card is not fine, then ask for a refund and don't leave any feedback. The seller (regardless of age) did put the card in a bubble mailer (not sure if it was top loaded and what not)... the card got to you as well..so he technically did his job getting you the card and did a reasonable job protecting the card. So I don't see why you would leave a neutral. The packaged got ripped up in transit, and it is not the seller's fault.




Quote:
Originally Posted by W_Raoul2 View Post
Bought two cheap parallels from a seller on eBay. Shipping was $3 each. I shot him a message asking for combined shipping.

He never got back to me.

Day 3 rolls around, and I bite the bullet and pay $6 shipping.....

Wait a few days, no DC#, not marked as shipped. Since everything has gone so well already.....

Today, I open the mailbox, and find a completely torn up bubble mailer. Two rips, and written out in pencil. Clearly a child's handwriting.

So, here lies my dilemma. What do you guys think this deserves? Still waiting on card number two.
__________________
I collect: Sammy Watkins, Taj Boyd, DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Ellington, Dwayne Allen, Andre Branch, Brandon Thompson, D'Quan Bowers, Jamie Harper, David Wilson (NO MORE sigh)
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
W_Raoul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Did you buy the 2 cards together? or were they few days apart? Was the card okay?

If you bought them together, I would still leave a positive feedback but ding the DSR on shipping charge.

If you didn't buy them together, then I would leave a positive feedback and give a 4 on the DSR for shipping charge.

Both above being the card is okay.

If the card is not fine, then ask for a refund and don't leave any feedback. The seller (regardless of age) did put the card in a bubble mailer (not sure if it was top loaded and what not)... the card got to you as well..so he technically did his job getting you the card and did a reasonable job protecting the card. So I don't see why you would leave a neutral. The packaged got ripped up in transit, and it is not the seller's fault.

They were bought 17 minutes apart. No communication, and lack of shipping updates were my reasons for a possible neutral.

First card was in a topload, I'll have to wait to see the topload.

This mailer wasn't damaged in transit. I get enough stuff in to know what sorter damage looks like, this appeared to not have been through one.
__________________
Self-proclaimed: HANLEY RAMIREZ and Clayton Kershaw SUPERCOLLECTOR.
Also collecting: Hunter Pence, Starling Marte, and Gregory Polanco
Bucket: https://picasaweb.google.com/110725359593585808487
W_Raoul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
ChicagoCubsWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, IA
Posts: 5,392
Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS
Default

Leave a negative.
__________________
Collecting Cubs Prospects
ChicagoCubsWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Mikegioseffi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: From Boston but married southern bell so I'm stuck in Nashville
Posts: 7,804
Default

Negative. No excuse for garbage overpriced shipping
__________________
http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/mikegioseffi/library/?sort=3&page=1
PC TOM BRADY HIGH END AUTOS,
always looking to buy star autos for 80-90% ebay
feel free to PM me if selling
Mikegioseffi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,990
Default

Don't listen to these negative happy kids on here.

Did he ship in one mailer? If so, and cards were good then ding his DSR's for shipping.

If they were shipped in separate mailers and in good condition then positive for both.

If either card is damaged, then negs can come into play. If you hit the BIN BEFORE asking about combined shipping that is a buyers error. You need to ask those questions before purchase.
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
W_Raoul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Don't listen to these negative happy kids on here.

Did he ship in one mailer? If so, and cards were good then ding his DSR's for shipping.

If they were shipped in separate mailers and in good condition then positive for both.

If either card is damaged, then negs can come into play. If you hit the BIN BEFORE asking about combined shipping that is a buyers error. You need to ask those questions before purchase.
I agree with you until the last part. These were auctions. I won both and waiting 3 days before paying while waiting for a reply/invoice regarding combined shipping.

Not to mention each item description included this:

Quote:
($0.50 shipping each additional auction won)
__________________
Self-proclaimed: HANLEY RAMIREZ and Clayton Kershaw SUPERCOLLECTOR.
Also collecting: Hunter Pence, Starling Marte, and Gregory Polanco
Bucket: https://picasaweb.google.com/110725359593585808487
W_Raoul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 8,872
Default

Was the experience negative for you? I'm gathering by your post that it was. Therefore, negative. No communication, overpriced shipping, slow shipping etc. The damage isn't really their fault but it was bad enough before that. I would personally send a message first and give them a chance to make it right but if it gets ignored then I would drop the neg.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_Raoul2 View Post
I agree with you until the last part. These were auctions. I won both and waiting 3 days before paying while waiting for a reply/invoice regarding combined shipping.

Not to mention each item description included this:




I did not see that they offered in their listing to combine shipping. That changes things. Since I didn't see that, I thought you assumed you would get combined shipping
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
W_Raoul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Was the experience negative for you? I'm gathering by your post that it was. Therefore, negative. No communication, overpriced shipping, slow shipping etc. The damage isn't really their fault but it was bad enough before that. I would personally send a message first and give them a chance to make it right but if it gets ignored then I would drop the neg.
Not necessarily. I think the lack of communication bothers me the most considering I gave him a few days to reply. I'd like to think that he just missed it, but with all the drama lately my mind leaps to conclusions about someone ignoring something on purpose just to make a few extra bucks.

I think I'm leaning towards a neutral or a Not so positive positive with some dings to the DSRs.

If you're gonna sell on ebay and have the time to print labels, buy mailers, etc, you should have time to check your messages....
__________________
Self-proclaimed: HANLEY RAMIREZ and Clayton Kershaw SUPERCOLLECTOR.
Also collecting: Hunter Pence, Starling Marte, and Gregory Polanco
Bucket: https://picasaweb.google.com/110725359593585808487
W_Raoul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
W_Raoul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
I did not see that they offered in their listing to combine shipping. That changes things. Since I didn't see that, I thought you assumed you would get combined shipping
Not at all. I would never assume that without asking first. I'm not THAT stupid.
__________________
Self-proclaimed: HANLEY RAMIREZ and Clayton Kershaw SUPERCOLLECTOR.
Also collecting: Hunter Pence, Starling Marte, and Gregory Polanco
Bucket: https://picasaweb.google.com/110725359593585808487
W_Raoul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_Raoul2 View Post
Not necessarily. I think the lack of communication bothers me the most considering I gave him a few days to reply. I'd like to think that he just missed it, but with all the drama lately my mind leaps to conclusions about someone ignoring something on purpose just to make a few extra bucks.

I think I'm leaning towards a neutral or a Not so positive positive with some dings to the DSRs.

If you're gonna sell on ebay and have the time to print labels, buy mailers, etc, you should have time to check your messages....
I agree. Neutral and some dsr dings is the way to go here
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 8,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
I agree. Neutral and some dsr dings is the way to go here
That works too. Maybe I am just fed up with all of the crap Ebayers lately and thinking a little too harshly. I haven't actually dropped a neg in some time but it seems to be warranted more and more every day.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
W_Raoul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
That works too. Maybe I am just fed up with all of the crap Ebayers lately and thinking a little too harshly. I haven't actually dropped a neg in some time but it seems to be warranted more and more every day.
He has good feedback, and I always feel bad for killing someone's 100%, but I'm right there with you. Something must be going around.

It's like a zombie plague but with douchebag-ness.
__________________
Self-proclaimed: HANLEY RAMIREZ and Clayton Kershaw SUPERCOLLECTOR.
Also collecting: Hunter Pence, Starling Marte, and Gregory Polanco
Bucket: https://picasaweb.google.com/110725359593585808487
W_Raoul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,831
Default

Due to my location I had a set shipping amnt for items.. example 10$. In my listing I stated that any portion of shipping that was not used would be refunded. Never had an issue and its simple to do!

Lastly the only way I would leave a negative FB is if he would not refund you.
If they are willing to refund and make you whole then I see no reason for a neg..
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.
thor_rider08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
bdrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC but Los Angeles at heart.
Posts: 5,647
Default

If cards were shipped separately, $3 is not an unreasonable shipping rate.

Whether the bubbles were torn en route is worth the benefit of the doubt.

If the card was destroyed, that's a different story.

At worst . . . neutral. But keep in mind that a neutral and a negative are about the same as far as eBay is concerned.
__________________
Collecting HoF autographs
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 8,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
If cards were shipped separately, $3 is not an unreasonable shipping rate.

Whether the bubbles were torn en route is worth the benefit of the doubt.

If the card was destroyed, that's a different story.

At worst . . . neutral. But keep in mind that a neutral and a negative are about the same as far as eBay is concerned.
The thing is that they never should have been shipped seperately. OP said that they were purchased 17 minutes apart so they should have been shipped together. If the seller would have checked messages he would have seen the OP ask about combined shipping. He did neither. Stuff happens so that is why I wouldn't willy nilly drop a neg but give him a chance to respond and say 'oops, dropped the ball sorry'. If he continues to not respond to messages and the second card continues to take awhile to show then that isn't ok. Should it be a neg? I don't know but it would definately be warranted. I know I wouldn't be happy.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

The things that should really matter here are:

1. Did the cards arrive without damage?

and

2. Did the seller perform what was stated in the auction?


There's a major piece that you left out in the first post which came out in a post later on - the seller stated in the auctions that additional wins would combine for an additional $.50. Since the seller didn't knock off the extra $2.50 from your second deal, after you explicitly asked them to do so per the auction conditions, I'd say you have grounds for a negative/neutral and ding to DSR's.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.