Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Time to put that boy 808buynsell808 on blast!!

About a month ago I worked out a trade with 808buynesell808. I sent him a Russell Wilson Playoff Ticket 9.5/9, Russell Wilson Regular Contenders 9.5/9, and 50 paypal for his Russell Wilson National Treasures Redemption /99. I received the redemption and when I went to scratch to get the code, it was missing. I notified him immediately and he of course didn't know what was wrong. I then called Panini and they told me to mail it to them and they would take care of it.

I wasn't really concerned because the lady said David Sharp could fix it. David came back from Nationals and was a little slow at getting back to me but finally called me last Thursday and told me that they could not redeem the card because it had been tampered with. David asked me who I got it from and he knew exactly who Brannon was.

I tried to give Brannon the benefit of the doubt because he said the case breaker that he got it from must have tampered with it and he would make things right. I told him that if he got it figured out I wanted all of my stuff back along with my paypal. I asked Brannon who the casebreaker was and he never told me which was fishy to me. Then David asked me if I hadn't gotten it resolved and when I told him I hadn't, he reached out to Brannon personally and I guess told him to try and make things right. Monday, Brannon pm'd me and said that he no longer had the Playoff Ticket Wilson but he had the Regular Contenders Wilson still and also a Demarco Murray National Treasures 9.5/10.

I ended up at least filing a paypal claim for the $50 and he refunded me that. Tuesday he pm'd me and said that he didn't offer both cards but that I could just have one of them. He also in around-about-way said that his buddy said that I could have tampered with the card or actually redeemed it which makes no sense at all. I basically just wanted something back so I said just send me the Wilson Contenders and something small. I got no response yesterday after I have already sent him 01. paypal for shipping. Today I haven't gotten a response either but yet he had time to post on somebody's thread. I have no proof whatsoever that he in any way tampered with the card but I feel like he has not tried to make things right in any way. I'm the one that's losing out on the deal not him. He didn't pay full price for that Wilson, he supposedly won it in a group break.

He also has another Russell Wilson Redemption and if you're a member on here I would definitely stay away from buying it or trading for it. Here's the picture of what the redemption looked like after I scratched for the code.

Last edited by pv2duke; 08-22-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow that sucks man. Dude's an arrogant D bag in my book. Already on ignore list.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yicks.... somebody is out a pretty penny.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like a police report needs to filed.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was reading a thread earlier about the other party just returning from being banned, and he states hes just looking to make fair trades, well here's your chance, Bryan is one of very best old school traders on here. At the time of your trade, that card was a $750-800 card, I'd say he needs to make good and quick. Sorry Bryan, that's why good poeple are leaving these boards.

Last edited by Highender; 08-22-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

This isn't right. Something needs to be done.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
This isn't right. Something needs to be done.
It's been too long. Waaay too long. Someone owes. If it goes back to the group breaker, then both parties need to be involved. Money is at stake.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHinGA09 View Post
Sounds like a police report needs to filed.
Your best bet is to contact them. You have his address, dude cant hide.

Never seen a redemption with no code. Hate to be the guy who says it but seriously what is to stop someone from throwing a sticker on a dummy card printing anything on that sticker and adding that shinny scratch thing whatever its called? By the time the buyer realizes this, sends it to panini and gets word its fake regular 60 days is up and your screwed. Guess the lesson for buying these is make damn sure you buy them with a credit card or better never fool with redemptions again. This makes me sick

Anyway the fact that Panini knows of him tells me hes a known thief and a big one. Sorry this happened to you and think you should contact the police.

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Your best bet is to contact them. You have his address, dude cant hide.

Never seen a redemption with no code. Hate to be the guy who says it but seriously what is to stop someone from throwing a sticker on a dummy card printing anything on that sticker and adding that shinny scratch thing whatever its called? By the time the buyer realizes this, sends it to panini and gets word its fake regular 60 days is up and your screwed. Guess the lesson for buying these is make damn sure you buy them with a credit card or better never fool with redemptions again. This makes me sick

Anyway the fact that Panini knows of him tells me hes a known thief and a big one. Sorry this happened to you and think you should contact the police.
Didn't he just buy an Andrew Luck Cracked Ice or Playoff Ticket auto from another member on here about a month or two ago??? I think the seller told me he sold it for like $650ish.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

thats pretty messed up, youd think the guy would try and do the best he could to fix the situation even if that means paying out of his own pocket...

If he sold the one Russel I think he owes you what he got for it plus the other Russel you sent.

Selling my Adam Jones, of the Baltimore Orioles, Collection.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

I can't even really understand that wall of text. But one thing I've known for awhile is that 808buysncraps808 is not a very nice person.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreRavens90 View Post
thats pretty messed up, youd think the guy would try and do the best he could to fix the situation even if that means paying out of his own pocket...

If he sold the one Russel I think he owes you what he got for it plus the other Russel you sent.
This...

Whatever he sold the wilson for PLUS your other wilson should be returned. No if and buts about it.

Have Both of you post your Redemption page from Panini see who redeemed it.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Its called silver spray paint...
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

1) This totally sucks, I really hope you can get this sorted out.

2) So, am I safe in assuming that someone has now resorted to printing fake redemptions? With the lag time that others mentioned, there's really no safe way to buy redemptions is there? Awesome! Yet another one for the hobby!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
This...

Whatever he sold the wilson for PLUS your other wilson should be returned. No if and buts about it.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
This...

I agree. At this point, he's got to prove his innocence if his statement is to hold any validation.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I can't even really understand that wall of text. But one thing I've known for awhile is that 808buysncraps808 is not a very nice person.
About a month ago I worked out a trade with 808buynesell808. I sent him a Russell Wilson Playoff Ticket 9.5/9, Russell Wilson Regular Contenders 9.5/9, and 50 paypal for his Russell Wilson National Treasures Redemption /99.

I received the redemption and when I went to scratch to get the code, it was missing. I notified him immediately and he of course didn't know what was wrong. I then called Panini and they told me to mail it to them and they would take care of it. I wasn't really concerned because the lady said David Sharp could fix it.

David came back from Nationals and was a little slow at getting back to me but finally called me last Thursday and told me that they could not redeem the card because it had been tampered with. David asked me who I got it from and he knew exactly who Brannon was. I tried to give Brannon the benefit of the doubt because he said the case breaker that he got it from must have tampered with it and he would make things right.

I told him that if he got it figured out I wanted all of my stuff back along with my paypal. I asked Brannon who the casebreaker was and he never told me which was fishy to me. Then David asked me if I hadn't gotten it resolved and when I told him I hadn't, he reached out to Brannon personally and I guess told him to try and make things right.

Monday, Brannon pm'd me and said that he no longer had the Playoff Ticket Wilson but he had the Regular Contenders Wilson still and also a Demarco Murray National Treasures 9.5/10. I ended up at least filing a paypal claim for the $50 and he refunded me that. Tuesday he pm'd me and said that he didn't offer both cards but that I could just have one of them. He also in around-about-way said that his buddy said that I could have tampered with the card or actually redeemed it which makes no sense at all.

I basically just wanted something back so I said just send me the Wilson Contenders and something small. I got no response yesterday after I have already sent him 01. paypal for shipping. Today I haven't gotten a response either but yet he had time to post on somebody's thread. I have no proof whatsoever that he in any way tampered with the card but I feel like he has not tried to make things right in any way.

I'm the one that's losing out on the deal not him. He didn't pay full price for that Wilson, he supposedly won it in a group break. He also has another Russell Wilson Redemption and if you're a member on here I would definitely stay away from buying it or trading for it. Here's the picture of what the redemption looked like after I scratched for the code

Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Address, baseball bats, RedBull, and Cheetos! Time for a road trip! This ain't right, and I'm down to break sh#% up!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
About a month ago I worked out a trade with 808buynesell808. I sent him a Russell Wilson Playoff Ticket 9.5/9, Russell Wilson Regular Contenders 9.5/9, and 50 paypal for his Russell Wilson National Treasures Redemption /99.

I received the redemption and when I went to scratch to get the code, it was missing. I notified him immediately and he of course didn't know what was wrong. I then called Panini and they told me to mail it to them and they would take care of it. I wasn't really concerned because the lady said David Sharp could fix it.

David came back from Nationals and was a little slow at getting back to me but finally called me last Thursday and told me that they could not redeem the card because it had been tampered with. David asked me who I got it from and he knew exactly who Brannon was. I tried to give Brannon the benefit of the doubt because he said the case breaker that he got it from must have tampered with it and he would make things right.

I told him that if he got it figured out I wanted all of my stuff back along with my paypal. I asked Brannon who the casebreaker was and he never told me which was fishy to me. Then David asked me if I hadn't gotten it resolved and when I told him I hadn't, he reached out to Brannon personally and I guess told him to try and make things right.

Monday, Brannon pm'd me and said that he no longer had the Playoff Ticket Wilson but he had the Regular Contenders Wilson still and also a Demarco Murray National Treasures 9.5/10. I ended up at least filing a paypal claim for the $50 and he refunded me that. Tuesday he pm'd me and said that he didn't offer both cards but that I could just have one of them. He also in around-about-way said that his buddy said that I could have tampered with the card or actually redeemed it which makes no sense at all.

I basically just wanted something back so I said just send me the Wilson Contenders and something small. I got no response yesterday after I have already sent him 01. paypal for shipping. Today I haven't gotten a response either but yet he had time to post on somebody's thread. I have no proof whatsoever that he in any way tampered with the card but I feel like he has not tried to make things right in any way.

I'm the one that's losing out on the deal not him. He didn't pay full price for that Wilson, he supposedly won it in a group break. He also has another Russell Wilson Redemption and if you're a member on here I would definitely stay away from buying it or trading for it. Here's the picture of what the redemption looked like after I scratched for the code
You a foo! LOL
Old 08-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
This...

Wouldnt Panini know if he redeemed it if there was a code to check?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsNation View Post
Address, baseball bats, RedBull, and Cheetos! Time for a road trip! This ain't right, and I'm down to break sh#% up!
His profile says he's in Hawaii. So it wouldn't actually be a "road trip" but it would be a nice trip. He's supposed to buy a card from me on Saturday so hopefully he doesn't get banned before that.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos (Selling these off, lost count), Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Thank you very much Alex.

I still remember when 808 would sh!t on me and a friend but others wouldn't care because he had such sweet mojoz to show off.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHinGA09 View Post
You a foo! LOL
Foo for helping a friend? Nah....bored watching the Panthers smoke the Ravens and pissed off about reading this so just doing it to help anyone else. People need to read this

Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah but that would be against the law to reveal private info on another account.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
If neither one Have it redeemed then they can go back to the casebreaker. If 808 has it redeemed then its his fault. If OP has it redeemed then hes a thief and a liar. Just figured if people posted their redeem list it would clear their name

Closed Thread