Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo_hacker View Post
-In the situation that gave rise to this question, i asked for paypal 3 times. Can't pay if they don't respond to you, at all. I'm still willing to buy whenever he gets back to me, but i don't see a difference.

So, just to be clear, would you be in favor of a negative in that situation as well? Same thing, one side backing out of a deal that was offered and accepted.

Seems many folks are willing to string up 'bad' buyers, but more hesitant to apply the same standards of communication to 'bad' sellers.

lobo_hacker

For sure. Im all for punishing sellers who commit to sell to a buyer than back out. Im all for punishing anyone that backs out of a commitment. It happens in all other industries, why not this one?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnpaden View Post
-you really are putting words just to make yourself look good or something for self confidence?? You messaged me at 1:43am to say, "i will pay the agreed amount if you ship out Thursday."
-I responded at 7:47am to obtain your email address in order to send an invoice for payment.
-Invoice was sent and no communication nor payment was received for the card. Once I received another offer, I accepted it.

You never mentioned having to pay after work nor did I ever say to send your email address first. You never asked for my email address to pay. You are just making this up to make yourself feel better and get pity on here for some reason.

After reading previous threads on your actions, it shows that you are not ethical nor honest. None of your above comments about me are truthful. I feel sorry for you.
sounds like you got a higher offer, and your greed made you back out of an agreed upon deal. there was a 6 hour gap from when he said he would pay before you sent the invoice, so its not like you are doing instant replies either. im sure if you wouldnt have gotten a higher offer, the deal with eamon would have went through. he has over 200 completed deals on here with 100% feedback.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
If you agree to a deal and back out by selling it to someone else can't that be taken as breaking the deal? Can't negative feedback be left for that person? I think it would Be helpful if blowout had clearer rules about things like this.
This is where a trade manager would come in very handy.

You either clicked the"Agree to deal" tab or you did not.

If you did, its a deal. If you did not, its not a deal.

There would be no disputing if you did or did not and most importantly it would eliminate anyones personal opinion regarding if a deal was agreed upon or not.

As adults you would think we should be able to handle this on our own. But as proven over and over and over and over on here some members on here have no clue how to properly conduct a transaction on here and have no regard or consideration for others.

Some people dont think a trade manager would help and I understand that point of view as well.

However when human judgement and opinion is taken out of the equation it eliminates any he said/she said arguments that could happen after the fact.

If you clicked on the "Agree to deal" tab then how can you dispute that its was not an agreed upon deal?

I think it would make the mods job at least a little bit easier.

I look at it this way. Even Ebay, which is the most buyer friendly site on planet earth, gives strikes to people who dont pay.

Last edited by cking; 09-08-2013 at 09:27 PM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
sounds like you got a higher offer, and your greed made you back out of an agreed upon deal. there was a 6 hour gap from when he said he would pay before you sent the invoice, so its not like you are doing instant replies either. im sure if you wouldnt have gotten a higher offer, the deal with eamon would have went through. he has over 200 completed deals on here with 100% feedback.
Why did he ask to be invoiced instead of just taking a PayPal addy and paying? Gives him a chance to back out
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #55 (permalink)

I wanted to pay immediately... the seller insisted on getting my email so he could invoice me. This is going to be my last reply to this thread....stuff like this used to be so simple... Back out of a deal and you're in the wrong... I work a full time job like a lot of guys on this board, also my hours aren't perfect... my schedule is 4p-2a 5 days a week. Yes, once a while I get out a tad early or check blowout while I am leaving but this is nuts.

Look at my feedback here and on ebay... 1300-1400 combined.. I pay for my stuff, I send people their stuff and I do it as quickly as humanly possible for the way I live my life with everything I do.

Good luck to everyone on here. Having much better luck buying and selling on ebay and the topics here have become so lame and childish compared to so many other boards. I enjoyed the last 4 years here but the last 6 months this board has turned into an extremely tough place to have fun around on.
EamonKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Why did he ask to be invoiced instead of just taking a PayPal addy and paying? Gives him a chance to back out
says in the first post that the other party was the one wanting to do the invoice? or are you saying it gave the seller a chance to back out?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
How often do you put in an offer and quickly log off? I know I dont. Its like cooking at home. I dont start the bbq then suddenly go to home depot to buy paint while leaving the bbq on. I usually log in and plan on spending a bit of time, in which I can make offers and communicate. Plus everytime I get a private message, I also get an email notification on my phone, so I know when a msg comes in and what it says.

no, i log in browse for 10-15 min then log off again, i don't plan to spend a bit of time, because when you make an offer, the seller may not be on line to respond right away either...and sorry, I don't have a smart phone so I don't get text messages or e-mail notifications...I get phone calls

If you are afraid that the item will sell if you dont pay instantly, then why take that chance by logging off? Thats my question. Its obvious that you dont care enough to have or not have that item if you seem to be tardy on payment. If I really want something I dont want to miss out on, I pay instantly. WHy take the chance of missing out on it?

Because the seller may be offline...they are not always online when you finalize a deal either...not sure why you can't understand that

On my last sale thread, I had 2 purchases. They both said "ill take it". So I pmmed them my paypal addy within 2 min. They paid within 5 min. Why would it be so hard for anyone to pay like that? Why would you need an hour or a day? I mean you had the time to search, offer and communicate. Then BAM...you leave for an hour when it comes time to pay?

but if in that 5 min, someone offered to buy it, you're saying you had full right to sell it to someone else, after all, you gave them your paypal addy...and the buyer had yet to pay.

Try that in a store. Take a shopping cart in costco. Pick up a bunch of items and leave it in the cart. Then leave the cart and go eat. Have a dog and soda for $2. Come back in an hour and let me know if the cart is still there. If it is, you can buy it. If it isn't, would you go and complain to Costco? WHat reason would you give as to why your item you had intentions to buy is gone?

Seriously, you're going to compare online selling on a message board, not even an online store, to a brick and mortar store...well, by golly gosh, after my instant payment, then I want instant shipping!!
I've never had issues buying selling and paying, and if people state they need to have instant payment, I either buy or don't buy, but I'm not going to sit and wait for a reply, when the SELLER may not even be online

Last edited by Dacubs; 09-08-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

There would be no disputing if you did or did not and most importantly it would eliminate anyones personal opinion regarding if a deal was agreed upon or not.

As adults you would think we should be able to handle this on our own. But as proven over and over and over and over on here some members on here have no clue how to properly conduct a transaction on here and have no regard or consideration for others.

Some people dont think a trade manager would help and I understand that point of view as well.

However when human judgement and opinion is taken out of the equation it eliminates any he said/she said arguments that could happen after the fact.

If you clicked on the "Agree to deal" tab then how can you dispute that its was not an agreed upon deal?

I think it would make the mods job at least a little bit easier.

I look at it this way. Even Ebay, which is the most buyer friendly site on planet earth, gives strikes to people who dont pay.
AGREE 1,000,000+...There needs to be a trade manager and when both parties agree to it, its done
Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
I've never had issues buying selling and paying, and if people state they need to have instant payment, I either buy or don't buy, but I'm not going to sit and wait for a reply, when the SELLER may not even be online
Good then we're on the same page. If are willing to pay, only then you can offer $$ to buy. If you dont have the $$ or cant pay, then dont offer. Pretty simple!!

Im sorry you dont have a smartphone. Maybe investing in better communication devices could make your life easier. Your choice though.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
Im going to read over the Patriot Act and see what we can do about this. Hang in there OP.
ROFL gets me everytime

Always buying Highend Items: PhotoBucket:
http://s1176.beta.photobucket.com/user/PACARDS/library/
Prospectorsadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EamonKid View Post
Good luck to everyone on here. Having much better luck buying and selling on ebay and the topics here have become so lame and childish compared to so many other boards. I enjoyed the last 4 years here but the last 6 months this board has turned into an extremely tough place to have fun around on.
Are you leaving? I hope so. Or are you waiting for somebody to post and tell you to please stay? Please follow through with what you say you are going to do this time, in a timely manner. I think you should contact a mod. and have your account deactivated. Good luck to you in the future, peace.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
AGREE 1,000,000+...There needs to be a trade manager and when both parties agree to it, its done
Correct. And if one person in the deal still refuses to send even after they clicked the "agree to deal" tab (i.e.-they still shop the card around after the agreement and recieve and accept a higher offer or just have a plain change of heart), then they forfeit the right to leave negative feedback. As that little habit is running rampant on here lately.

Also, while we are on the subject. They really need to look into something that does not allow a seller to drop a neg on a buyer who pays instantly.

If a buyer pays instantly then they could not have done there end of the deal any better and a seller should have no right to hit them with a neg.

Say what you want about Ebays policy of not letting sellers drop negs on buyers and while I totally agree that a buyer should get an auto neg for non-payment, ebays policy is hands down the best in the business. It forces sellers to tow the line and ship in a timely manner or suffer the consequences. I am all for rules that force good customer service. Rules and policies like that dont bother me because I provide great customer service. The only people who get nervous when rules like that are enforced are slow shippers and deadbeats because they know they are gonne be accountable for there actions. If you provide good customer service you have nothing to worry about.

If Ebay allowed sellers the right to drop negs on buyers they would be handing them a license to ship whenever they choose. Exactly like it is on here.It would be a free for all. Imagine trying to deal with the retaliation neg problem with 80 million registered users.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Good then we're on the same page. If are willing to pay, only then you can offer $$ to buy. If you dont have the $$ or cant pay, then dont offer. Pretty simple!!

Im sorry you dont have a smartphone. Maybe investing in better communication devices could make your life easier. Your choice though.
we are on the same page...only you seem to not take into the fact when the seller is not online...you don't seem to have an answer for that one...

as for a smart phone, I would argue my life is a whole lot easier without one.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Correct. And if one person in the deal still refuses to send even after they clicked the "agree to deal" tab (i.e.-they still shop the card around after the agreement and recieve and accept a higher offer or just have a plain change of heart), then they forfeit the right to leave negative feedback. As that little habit is running rampant on here lately.

Also, while we are on the subject. They really need to look into something that does not allow a seller to drop a neg on a buyer who pays instantly.

If a buyer pays instantly then they could not have done there end of the deal any better and a seller should have no right to hit them with a neg.

Say what you want about Ebays policy of not letting sellers drop negs on buyers and while I totally agree that a buyer should get an auto neg for non-payment, ebays policy is hands down the best in the business. It forces sellers to tow the line and ship in a timely manner or suffer the consequences. I am all for rules that force good customer service. Rules and policies like that dont bother me because I provide great customer service. The only people who get nervous when rules like that are enforced are slow shippers and deadbeats because they know they are gonne be accountable for there actions. If you provide good customer service you have nothing to worry about.

If Ebay allowed sellers the right to drop negs on buyers they would be handing them a license to ship whenever they choose. Exactly like it is on here.It would be a free for all. Imagine trying to deal with the retaliation neg problem with 80 million registered users.
absolutely...it's like rules at work, if you're doing what you are supposed to, you don't have to worry about it
Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #65 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Are you leaving? I hope so. Or are you waiting for somebody to post and tell you to please stay? Please follow through with what you say you are going to do this time, in a timely manner. I think you should contact a mod. and have your account deactivated. Good luck to you in the future, peace.
QFT!!!

ten characters
Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #66 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

While I personally don't see the need for a Trade Managed, mainly because I can breath in and out through my mouth and can count past 5, I can see where is might be helpful to some people.

That being said I have to wonder if having a trade manager opens up Blowout to any liability.

In the LEAST it will require the MODS to do a lot more work. Even with a TM you will have the call outs because "Member X didn't upload the tracking in 12 hours" and the like.

The only issue that a TM solves is the ability to leave a negative FB and the other party not being able to have it removed

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
While I personally don't see the need for a Trade Managed, mainly because I can breath in and out through my mouth and can count past 5, I can see where is might be helpful to some people.

That being said I have to wonder if having a trade manager opens up Blowout to any liability.

In the LEAST it will require the MODS to do a lot more work. Even with a TM you will have the call outs because "Member X didn't upload the tracking in 12 hours" and the like.

The only issue that a TM solves is the ability to leave a negative FB and the other party not being able to have it removed
well, it would help with the constant...when is a deal a deal question that seems to keep popping up..

Is a deal a deal when:
1) Agreed upon by both parties
2) Agreed upon by both parties and paypal addy sent
3) Agreed upon by both parties and paypal received

These are the questions enquiring minds want to know...
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quick Quick Quick SALE Need to Raise $400

This is my favorite EamonKid thread. I don't know which is better, the part where he throws a hissy because someone wanted to see a scan of the card...or the fact he sold it for more $ after someone else claimed it.

So adorbz this guy.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #69 (permalink)

i don't know man- 15 hours seems like a fast time to make a new deal.

the double standard (which totally exists) is in full effect here. If this was me, Cking, tnarg, jlzinck etc then everybody would be blasting the seller to bits. Since it's eamonkid (who is on my ignore list already btw) it's ok to bash.

i'm with dacubs. 15 hours seems very fast to pull the plug. If the seller found out that the buyer had a history of not paying or shoddy deals, they should have done their due-dilligence beforehand. Failing actually looking to protect yourself before agreeing to a deal, they either pull the plug and say something along the lines of "hey, i started looking into things and I am no longer comfortable dealing with you because a, b, and c" etc.

However, just up and selling to another person after only 15 hours just seems shady.

There's definitely a grey area with all things though, so it makes it tough to call this one. I know i wouldn't be comfortable dealing with somebody that pulls the plug after 15 hours (obviously i don't take much time to pay, but sometimes it takes over a day if i win an auction over the weekend). Still, not a fan of the practice.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

Instead of a trade manager, why not just confirm a deal in agreement right in the sale thread?

Ive had sale threads whereby the person who wants a card for sale ends up posting "ill take it", followed by "sold to me" followed by "Paid please confirm" ultimately followed by me "payment confirmed" and a sold highlight beside the card.

Maybe just do the sale confirmation in public rather than in pm.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #71 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

It really just comes down to the people in the transaction for the most part.

Communication really is the key. Too many people wanting INSTANT payment and too many with the "I have a life mentality" you mix those together and you get this crap cocktail.

All I know is that I will be dealing with neither of these people so it matters not to me.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
It really just comes down to the people in the transaction for the most part.

Communication really is the key. Too many people wanting INSTANT payment and too many with the "I have a life mentality" you mix those together and you get this crap cocktail.

All I know is that I will be dealing with neither of these people so it matters not to me.
truth 1000%

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

nobody else find it funny that the seller says he never asked for buyers email addy. But he was able to send him an invoice for payment?? How did he get the email for invoice if OP didn't provide it?
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #74 (permalink)

A Trade Manager would be the end of this site because of the scammers, cry babies, et. al who would be driving the mods crazy on an every minute basis.

Communication could fix so many things. If the seller needs/wants instant payment that should be listed in the sales ad or communicated in the back and forth PM's. It is not a difficult concept except here on Blowout.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
nobody else find it funny that the seller says he never asked for buyers email addy. But he was able to send him an invoice for payment?? How did he get the email for invoice if OP didn't provide it?
Check post #27. Seller very clearly states that he sent message asking for email address so he could send an invoice.