Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Moderator please read this thread whenever possible. Member problem.

Agreed to a deal for a specific card on 09/05/2013. Buyer requested that I give them my email address so they could send me an invoice. I complied, sent buyer my email. When I got home from work, I went into my paypal to pay the invoice.

Checked blowout first just to realize that the member had sent multiple messages. First to confirm he sent the invoice.

The second message contained this... "i just had someone else offer a higher amount and already pay. sorry i had to make a deal. "

The member is clearly new here but obviously has no respect for the rules of this forum.

Members user name is GNPADEN

Please advise and thank you.
EamonKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

if you had a deal in place, leave a negative and move on. just my suggestion.
underwood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

i see that you did leave a negative, just curious what you want to accomplish here? dont think a mod is gonna make him sell to you
underwood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

The card is long gone BUT leaving a negative alerts other members to hopefully stay away from this member.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

so why make the thread?
FAKE YOUR MOUTH!
bjs852 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Not that it's any of my business, but did you advise him in advance you would not be paying until after work and/or that you would not be logging in here either until then? If I had a dime for every time someone said they wanted something then just disappeared or changed their mind....now, if you did tell him when youd pay and he sold it anyway to someone else in the interim that's bad form, but if that's the worst thing that happens to you buying/selling/trading online consider yourself lucky. But if you didn't tell him you would be off to work and just disappeared for the day I don't think it's completely unreasonable for him to assume maybe you were a flake and to sell to someone who was in contact with them and paid right away. People sell for the most part because they need money, like now! Unless its agreed in advance you can pay by such and such a time, I don't think you can just expect people to wait around all day if they sent you an invoice and you neither paid nor responded to messages unless you gave them a heads up.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

What rules did he not follow?

How much time was in between the 2 messages? Like the guy above me said did you let him know you wouldn't be able to pay till later on? I would love to see these messages and what actually was said back and forth...

Was it good practice to do that? Nope and I know that first hand but he didn't break any rules if anything he should have cancelled the invoice he sent you after he took another payment
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well if he invoiced you at 1am and you didn't pay and someone came along at 9pm id do it as well.. might want to add those details in...from threads past you have shown how quickly you pay..just my opinion.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Im going to read over the Patriot Act and see what we can do about this. Hang in there OP.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

I love adding new people to my ignore list

Thnx OP
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Well if he invoiced you at 1am and you didn't pay and someone came along at 9pm id do it as well.. might want to add those details in...from threads past you have shown how quickly you pay..just my opinion.

This.................................
Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
Im going to read over the Patriot Act and see what we can do about this. Hang in there OP.
Made me snort my coffee.

I am sure there is now video of it.

Dang you.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
No doubt. Pretty sure we all know what happened here
wheeler281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

From the other guy's reply, I'd really like to see the timeframe on this. If you disappeared without giving him a heads up and he took another offer, he is alright by me. I have people claim cards and disappear quite often. I just move them to the next person
Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
From the other guy's reply, I'd really like to see the timeframe on this. If you disappeared without giving him a heads up and he took another offer, he is alright by me. I have people claim cards and disappear quite often. I just move them to the next person
Kinda like now
Old 09-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

I don't want to come off as an apologist here, and without knowing the timeline, but seriously, people here need to relax a tiny bit about times it takes people to pay. In this day and age of I want everything now, sometimes life gets in the way.

Could a quick message saying I will pay after work gone a long way..of course, but if you agree to a deal and can't wait a few hours to get payment, then I would say the person who agreed to the sale is very much in the wrong (details pending of course but it should be general practice to have some patience unless you explicitly say immediate payment required)
Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

He is trying to let people see that he can be the victim as well from time to time.
EamonKid is a sad person.

Someone find the ebay thread where a guy gets jerked around on ebay by the ebay ID EamonKid
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post
I don't want to come off as an apologist here, and without knowing the timeline, but seriously, people here need to relax a tiny bit about times it takes people to pay. In this day and age of I want everything now, sometimes life gets in the way.

Could a quick message saying I will pay after work gone a long way..of course, but if you agree to a deal and can't wait a few hours to get payment, then I would say the person who agreed to the sale is very much in the wrong (details pending of course but it should be general practice to have some patience unless you explicitly say immediate payment required)
Why do people need time to pay? I mean if I see a card for sale and I offer $100 for it, why cant I pay as soon as the seller gives me his paypal address? Why do I have to wait a day later to send payment? Why do I have to way hours later to pay?

I mean I had the time ;
1. search the card out in a thread
2. ask about the card for sale
3. deliberate a price
4. offer to buy it.

So why not just pay right on the spot? It would take only a few minutes there after, no? Why pay later? Pay right there on the spot!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Why do people need time to pay? I mean if I see a card for sale and I offer $100 for it, why cant I pay as soon as the seller gives me his paypal address? Why do I have to wait a day later to send payment? Why do I have to way hours later to pay?

I mean I had the time ;
3. deliberate a price
4. offer to buy it.

So why not just pay right on the spot? It would take only a few minutes there after, no? Why pay later? Pay right there on the spot!
Its not hard I agree. But sometimes people don't PM you back or you close out Blowout and can't get to view a PM or whatever because maybe I was waiting for the seller's response and something came up or maybe I went into a work meeting for a couple hours after I PMed or god forbid it happened at 1am and I fell asleep and wake up to a PM from seller that he accepted. I could give you thousands of examples that's my point....

Maybe I don't check BO or gmail or whatever my email is excessively because I am at work, or I just got home and need to spend time with my wife and kids or I am out at dinner. Just because you PM someone a price or they agree and don't send PP info right away or whatever doesn't mean I should be beholden to BO 24/7.

Last edited by Adamchuk; 09-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Adamchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #20 (permalink)

Since you must all know. My work shift is 4pm-2am. I get very little down time while at work, I don't even have time to talk to friends or famly let alone ebay, blowout, cards ect.

Told the seller I would pay after work.

When we agreed to the deal, I asked him for his email to pay. He insisted that I give him MY email so he could send an invoice.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EamonKid View Post
Since you must all know. My work shift is 4pm-2am. I get very little down time while at work, I don't even have time to talk to friends or famly let alone ebay, blowout, cards ect.

Told the seller I would pay after work.

When we agreed to the deal, I asked him for his email to pay. He insisted that I give him MY email so he could send an invoice.
If this is all true, and he knew ahead of time you weren't paying til after work, and still sold from underneath you for more money. Yes, that was a dick move on his part
Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

I mean I had the time ;
3. deliberate a price
4. offer to buy it.

get that common sense out of here lol
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post

In the time he took to say "I will take it", he could have paid.

Saying life gets in the way of something that LITERALLY takes 15 seconds to do is ridiculous.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
In the time he took to say "I will take it", he could have paid.

Saying life gets in the way of something that LITERALLY takes 15 seconds to do is ridiculous.
Just playing devil's advocate....say the following happens...

members A and B spend the day pm'ing each other about a deal...time between each reply varies from 15 min to 4 hrs...i log into blowout, see I have a pm with a price that was sent 45 min ago, i pm back that I will take it at the price, please send me paypal info, and then I wait 5-10 minutes and then log off....seller sends pm with paypal info 5 minutes after I logged off and its 11 pm my time...I'm asleep, wake up, log in to blowout since thats how I start my day, see the pm with paypal info, but then see a 2nd pm that the guy sold the card to someone else...

Just saying you can't always pay immediately...in the above example, how long should the seller have waited before selling to someone else?? By some of the posts above, it seems like if its not immediate, its fair game...so is the NEW policy, the deals not a deal until money exchanges and no longer exchanging paypal info sufficient?
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Just playing devil's advocate....say the following happens...

members A and B spend the day pm'ing each other about a deal...time between each reply varies from 15 min to 4 hrs...i log into blowout, see I have a pm with a price that was sent 45 min ago, i pm back that I will take it at the price, please send me paypal info, and then I wait 5-10 minutes and then log off....seller sends pm with paypal info 5 minutes after I logged off and its 11 pm my time...I'm asleep, wake up, log in to blowout since thats how I start my day, see the pm with paypal info, but then see a 2nd pm that the guy sold the card to someone else...

Just saying you can't always pay immediately...in the above example, how long should the seller have waited before selling to someone else?? By some of the posts above, it seems like if its not immediate, its fair game...so is the NEW policy, the deals not a deal until money exchanges and no longer exchanging paypal info sufficient?
I understand wher you are coming from, I really do. Just hearing the old I have a life speech is getting old thats all. I have a full time job, a family and all sorts of stuff going on and I manage to pay/package/ship or do all other card related things in a timely manner. Thats why I start alot of sales threads with "If you cant pay now,dont bother saying you will take something"

I dont wait 2,3,4 days to ship do I?. I ship same day if early enough.If deal is done at night I ship the next morning.

I also list on Ebay as BIN w/ immediate payment. I am not dealing with the headache on non-payers.

I do things in a timely manner and I expect the same in return. I really dont think that is asking too much.

Hearing people say they dont have time to pay,ship or whatever but then you see them on here posting all the time, every day, makes it kinda hard to believe people anymore.