Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Member "comicsrus" - Scam

Hey guys/gals - I have had some great transactions in the lil' time I have been on here. I am a known FCB member and flawless 3200+ eBay. So I purchase a lot from this "comicsrus" towards the end of July for $70, I get back from vacation, noting has arrived. I sent him $70 PP Gift (yeah I know), and message him what is the status. I get "I know I sent em", then I ask for tracking #, I get "Oh, I didn't use tracking". I say WTF you don't track a $70 package? I ask for replacement cards or refund. I get ignored for a week +. Then I start searching threads vs. my lot, below I have listed 5 cards that he posted in a sale thread yesterday, that are from the lot I bought in July. I got a response, "Oh I must have had doubles". Look, these type of transactions irk me so much. He has done nothing but avoid taking care of the issue. I am not concerned with his 45+ feedbacks on here, I am concerned of him ripping me off and the refusal to make good on it. - Ryan

*******So people buying here know, these 5 below were the same cards I bought in a lot from him in the end of July. I returned from vacation, were not here, asked for tracking #, "Oh I didn't send w/ tracking". Refuses to send back my $70 claiming he doesn't have $ to do so and he must have sent him. Now claims he must have had doubles of all these, right after I pointed all these out. - Ryan

2012 Panini Playbook T.J. Graham DUAL JERSEY AUTO BOOKLET /149
2012 playbook brandon weeden rc auto/jersey(composed)#/99
2011 topps supreme titus young rc auto #/15
2012 rs department of defense darrelle revis jersey #/199
2009 contenders johnny knox rc auto
RStadlerASU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about it, looks like not much can be done now though since you paid paypal gift. But I guess this just reinforces two major rules...

1. Never pay PayPal gift

And...

2. Always ask for tracking when someone ships, even if it costs a little bit more...

Hopefully somehow this situation works out for you...
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

ouch. maybe putting the member on blast will get them to honor their end of the deal. in the meantime, they are on my ignore list now. thanks for the head's up.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah I hear ya, like I said I am newer to this site, on FCB I have trusted many as I had established some relationships and never an issue. This same week, which was end of month in July, I got hit by him and 808nuynsell808 for another $860 (I had done another transaction that went fine). It hurts to see people do this. But yes, Gift at this point is a NO-NO.

Ryan
Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

So you haven't left any negatives yet?
PM all in the formation you have to iluvfish2 or pskell02.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You have pretty bad luck to have been scammed twice in a handful of deals.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
So you haven't left any negatives yet?
PM all in the formation you have to iluvfish2 or pskell02.
No, I had given him a deadline of last night to take care of it. Thanks for the info, I will shoot them details.

**Yes, like I said I am new to here, but am on other sites, and although I did complete a handful of deals here w/o issue, to get scammed twice in the same week sucked.

Ryan
Old 09-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

He always cane off to me as untrustworthy.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

i mailled out his cards over a month ago,with no comments from him asking about is cards.after a MONTH GOES BY he pms me asking me were is cards are.i told him i mailled them out a while ago.i am an honest man and i have never scammed anyone.yes i might take a while to mail cards out do to being far from a post office but i always mail out my end of deals.i dont understand why he would wait OVER A MONTH before he pms me to tell me he didnt recieve them.yes i made a mistake and didnt send with tracking.that was a mistake,but i now i mailled out his cards.with him saying im tring to sell is cards in another lot is wrong.the only cards that i have that were in his lot was 2,and i had doubles of them.i dont have the cards no more because i mailled them out.what am i suppose to do,lose the cards and the money?

these are the 2 cards that are the same!!!

knox contenders rc(i have 3)
young rc auto #/15(i was going for all 15,i have 5 of them)
comicsrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

some useful threads to bump:
Tips & Ideas on how to handle high dollar transactions (TRADES) & not get ripped off!

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/m...ff-people.html
im busy w nonhobby stuff .. will get to pms
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsrus View Post
i mailled out his cards over a month ago,with no comments from him asking about is cards.after a MONTH GOES BY he pms me asking me were is cards are.i told him i mailled them out a while ago.i am an honest man and i have never scammed anyone.yes i might take a while to mail cards out do to being far from a post office but i always mail out my end of deals.i dont understand why he would wait OVER A MONTH before he pms me to tell me he didnt recieve them.yes i made a mistake and didnt send with tracking.that was a mistake,but i now i mailled out his cards.with him saying im tring to sell is cards in another lot is wrong.the only cards that i have that were in his lot was 2,and i had doubles of them.i dont have the cards no more because i mailled them out.what am i suppose to do,lose the cards and the money?

Yes. It is your RESPONSIBILITY to make sure he gets the cards. If he hadn't paid you gift, he could just file a paypal claim for your irresponsibility for not tracking the package, and get a refund.

The "i have never scammed anyone" line makes me laugh. Only takes one time to be considered a scammer, and it's usually not the "first time" that catches people up.

Do the right thing, and refund.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

[QUOTE=comicsrus;5678590]yes i made a mistake and didnt send with tracking. what am i suppose to do,lose the cards and the money? QUOTE]

Yep. All the buyer has to do is open a claim on you and paypal will side with the buyer.

Tracking is too easy and cheap not to use it anymore. All things considered, $70 is a cheap lesson on that.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

i also had issues with this guy. i finally received my cards after 3 weeks, and no replys to pm's. he did come through though, just alot longer than expected! i hope it works out for you!
smitty32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Gift payment... 'nuff said.

Shipped without tracking... 'nuff said.

Fail on both sides.

Yeah, lot of folks send gift... and gifters seem to fall in two categories... 1) members who are too ignorant and too trusting and 2) people who have established a relationship of trust with another member through prior transactions. No offense to the OP, but methinks you're a Category 1.

Is it just me, or are the large majority of these negative sales/trade feedback threads about football and basketball? I don't see baseball near as much and almost never non-sports.

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
Gift payment... 'nuff said.

Shipped without tracking... 'nuff said.

Fail on both sides.

Yeah, lot of folks send gift... and gifters seem to fall in two categories... 1) members who are too ignorant and too trusting and 2) people who have established a relationship of trust with another member through prior transactions. No offense to the OP, but methinks you're a Category 1.

Is it just me, or are the large majority of these negative sales/trade feedback threads about football and basketball? I don't see baseball near as much and almost never non-sports.
Whatever category you want to put me in ok. I trusted this person based on feedback received on this site. Can't say it was anything other than that. I deal in all sports, this happened to be Football related, but I am not sure what would cause certain sports to have more issues than the other. I am 100% against sending gift at this point, totally blame myself for that. Regardless what happened, happened. When I contacted him, I had no idea he didn't use tracking, I asked for the # and was told he didn't. He has ignored PM's, failed to do anything, says he doesn't have $ for a refund etc. It's sad that someone can't be trusted. And I guess that sums up my issue
Ryan
Old 09-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

1. I have now listed 5 cards that were in my lot, that you posted for sale in the last few days.

2. Time has nothing to do w/ it. As I stated to you multiple times, I went left for vacation 10 days after I bought your lot, came home 2 weeks later, and they still were not here, that's when I contacted you. I at first simply stated, "Hey, whats the status, figured they should be here.." Then asked for a tracking #, would have made things simple. Got the "Oh, didn't use tracking..." Again, you failed to deliver my product, its that simple. I can also say "I have never scammed anyone", what good does that do? What am I trying to get over on? I failed to receive product, you failed to send correctly, you failed to take care of the issue, you fail as your trying to sell 5 of the cards in my lot...... I failed at trusting you, and no I won't just take a loss and not be upset with this

Ryan

Last edited by RStadlerASU22; 09-09-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

No tracking means did NOT ship..

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
1. I have now listed 5 cards that were in my lot, that you posted for sale in the last few days.

2. Time has nothing to do w/ it. As I stated to you multiple times, I went left for vacation 10 days after I bought your lot, came home 2 weeks later, and they still were not here, that's when I contacted you. I at first simply stated, "Hey, whats the status, figured they should be here.." Then asked for a tracking #, would have made things simple. Got the "Oh, didn't use tracking..." Again, you failed to deliver my product, its that simple. I can also say "I have never scammed anyone", what good does that do? What am I trying to get over on? I failed to receive product, you failed to send correctly, you failed to take care of the issue, you fail as your trying to sell 5 of the cards in my lot...... I failed at trusting you, and no I won't just take a loss and not be upset with this

Ryan
Thats just messed up. Period. So if he is still trying to sell the cards he claimed to ship to you then he is lying in his post where he stated he shipped the cards to you? Post #9 in this thread I believe.

If this true, I do not even have a response for that type of behavior. That is like a good kick to the ribs after you have already been knocked out.

So in closing, I will ask you this,and please correct me if I am wrong.

You bought cards from this person a month ago and have not recieved your cards yet.And the cards you purchased from him are now up for sale by this member? Are you 100% positive they are the same cards? Are they seriel numbered or could he possibly have other copies of these cards?

Last edited by cking; 09-10-2013 at 02:12 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

You kind of ask for this crap to happen when you pay in gift. Just neg his ass plain and simple.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

He don't have the cards no more.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

He's had 46 trades on this site and failed to use tracking on a "gift" sale, how convenient.

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

The English language died a little after this was posted.
1/1s - 7/21 = 33%
verbal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Ohh i didn't use tracking on a $70 gift payment---oooops my bad

yea right

can't the guy file a chargeback on his cc if he used one? I guess if he used bank account or money already in paypal then he is sol?
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Pretty disgusting that comicsrus is still trying to wheel and deal all the while waiting for this all to go away. News flash bub- it's not going away.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Pretty disgusting that comicsrus is still being allowed to wheel and deal all the while waiting for this all to go away. News flash bub- it's not going away.
Fixed it for ya