Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Scammed - 808buynsell808

Hey guys/gals - I was scammed by this member , Brannon, at the end of July. I had done another previous transaction with him, he had 200+ on here and eBay feedback was good. So I felt comfortable w/ gifting payment (regret) of $860 for a Kaepernick 4 Color Patch RPA /99, a Doug Martin BGS Graded Patch Auto NT and a Ronnie Hillman Auto /5. It started as oh my wife must have moved the tracking slip, to oh I am at school Ill get back to you, etc etc

Last week he had the Hillman on eBay . I know he has started scamming others and is blocked from here.

If you have had an issue, Id like you to message me so we can possibly do something w/ HI and a case there. I cannot afford to lose $860 ! And with my other $70 loss I just posted from "comicsrus" I can't believe I can trust anyone anymore, its sad.

He won't respond to emails, eBay messages etc, so I have to try to see what the Hawaii police/court can do to file something. So if you, or someone you know has been taken by Brannon, please let me know.

Thanks
Ryan
RStadlerASU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know someone on here has his cell phone number. Maybe they can give it to you and you can contact him directly that way.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Gift. What a buffoon!!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
I cannot afford to lose $860 !
You sent gift. You lost the $$ UNLESS you paid via Credit Card then you can dispute the charge.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
You sent gift. You lost the $$ UNLESS you paid via Credit Card then you can dispute the charge.
I understand I have no recourse through PP. It was me being a dumba** and knowing we had completed a previous transaction w/o issue, looking at his feedback etc and trusting someone. So my recourse will have to go through the state, if they will handle it at all. May or may not, just looking to see who else may have got jerked. I know one person got scammed by him because Brannon sent a bad redemption card on a Russell Wilson. Just trying to gather as much as I can about him.

Ryan
Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wow 2 gift payments? Yikes.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
I understand I have no recourse through PP. It was me being a dumba** and knowing we had completed a previous transaction w/o issue, looking at his feedback etc and trusting someone. So my recourse will have to go through the state, if they will handle it at all. May or may not, just looking to see who else may have got jerked. I know one person got scammed by him because Brannon sent a bad redemption card on a Russell Wilson. Just trying to gather as much as I can about him.

Ryan
Then why did you send gift to the other guy?

If this was an isolated incident then I'd understand (I had dealt with 808 before as well with no issues so at least that I get) but the fact that you sent gift to the other guy that scammed you leaves little room for sympathy. This one just cost you more.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

It's amazing, nearly everytime I read these, "I was scammed," threads, they start out with, I paid gift. I'm not saying that it's ok for sellers to scam these people but STOP PAYING GIFT PEOPLE. I would like to know who recommended gift payment. In my opinion if these "established" members come out and say ok pay by gift, they need a permanent vacation.
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

why do people still pay gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

After the previous threads about this scum, you still dealt with him gift or not? Feel bad for you but pissed you gave him your hard earned money. If there is one person that doesn't deserve free money, it's him
Old 09-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am not saying paying by gift was proper.... It was my fault, I get it. I am not looking for sympathy, I am looking to see if others were scammed. You can blame the buyer sending gift, I get it, the real issue boils down to a**holes on the other end scamming the buyer. I am sure people have seen the other thread about this guy and his downward spiral. It sucks that coming over here in a one week period two members on here screwed me. Seems great.....

One question that was brought up as to why gift the 2nd person who I hadn't dealt with and my answer is trusting their feedback. I have lost trust in dealing this way for sure. I know people out there like this exist, it still doesn't make it right. And for both of the parties I got jacked on reselling items I bought, some on here, some on eBay, it makes it even worse.

Ryan
Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakingbake View Post
After the previous threads about this scum, you still dealt with him gift or not? Feel bad for you but pissed you gave him your hard earned money. If there is one person that doesn't deserve free money, it's him
I didn't see threads, I had done other transaction that went perfect, then based on his 200+ 100% feedback here, and 100% eBay feedback, you kinda say ok. Live n learn, as stated I just want to see if others were taken and what they can provide with details

Ryan
Old 09-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't see threads, I had done other transaction that went perfect, then based on his 200+ 100% feedback here, and 100% eBay feedback, you kinda say ok. Live n learn, as stated I just want to see if others were taken and what they can provide with details

Ryan
Sorry u got scammed, here's the other thread:

Time to put that boy 808buynsell808 on blast!!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakingbake View Post
Sorry u got scammed, here's the other thread:

Time to put that boy 808buynsell808 on blast!!
Ah, yes. The thread that earned me a 1 week vacation because an idiot told me to kill myself. Good times.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

All im saying is IF somebody sends me Gift payment im not sending anything either, PAYPAL website says a gift payment is only for gifts or money owed. Its dumb for people to send money using Gift.

Why not buy the cards back off ebay dispute it on bay that card was ruined keep the card and mail him back a shyt card. tech they are your cards right?

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
All im saying is IF somebody sends me Gift payment im not sending anything either, PAYPAL website says a gift payment is only for gifts or money owed. Its dumb for people to send money using Gift.

Why not buy the cards back off ebay dispute it on bay that card was ruined keep the card and mail him back a shyt card. tech they are your cards right?
And if that's your thinking that it even crosses into you mind to screw over someone then....... Regarding the eBay card, it was bought (by a member here no less) and I did not want to rebuy the card. I assume he would have not shipped me that cards or canceled the transaction knowing it was me.

Ryan
Old 09-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
And if that's your thinking that it even crosses into you mind to screw over someone then....... Regarding the eBay card, it was bought (by a member here no less) and I did not want to rebuy the card. I assume he would have not shipped me that cards or canceled the transaction knowing it was me.

Ryan
It was clearly a joke, I have received plenty of gift payments from same buyers and have NEVER screwed anyone over. EVER

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
It was clearly a joke, I have received plenty of gift payments from same buyers and have NEVER screwed anyone over. EVER
All good, I trust it wouldn't be on your agenda to scam people. It's just sad there is people out there who do.

Ryan
Old 09-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Sorry to see you had these problems on here Ryan. Looks like you've already figured this out, but this is definitely not a place to be sending people gift payments. I know for the Topps Tek break on FCB I got asked to send gift, but I sent goods instead and sent a little extra so it'd come out to be the same amount after fees. I just won't send gifts anywhere because A. Nobody is protected and B. Don't wanna get people in trouble with paypal.

Hope you get your money back and aren't scared away from this place forever.
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Sorry to see you had these problems on here Ryan. Looks like you've already figured this out, but this is definitely not a place to be sending people gift payments. I know for the Topps Tek break on FCB I got asked to send gift, but I sent goods instead and sent a little extra so it'd come out to be the same amount after fees. I just won't send gifts anywhere because A. Nobody is protected and B. Don't wanna get people in trouble with paypal.

Hope you get your money back and aren't scared away from this place forever.
Thanks, I shoulda known better.... Didn't know you were asked for Gift on FCB by Mac but glad you covered yourself.

Thanks and good luck Tues n Thurs

Ryan
Old 09-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

This guy is the biggest A-hole on the forums
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

I honestly don't like it when experienced users berate new users who sent gift payments. To me that is akin to saying a girl wearing a short skirt is "asking for it".

One new user sent me a gift payment without me asking. He told me that he thought that was what he was supposed to do dealing with someone with more feedback than him. He wasn't an idiot. I made sure to let him know not to do that in the future even if the other party asked for it and to report anyone who did ask him for it.

Just because he paid gift doesn't make it any more or less okay for him to get scammed.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #23 (permalink)

That was put together very well. I agree. Lets not "beat up" folks for mistakes. We learn as we go and we would not learn crap if we did not make mistakes. We become stronger and smarter by learning, even if those mistakes and bad decisions cost us a bit. Life and experience is a constant lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
I honestly don't like it when experienced users berate new users who sent gift payments. To me that is akin to saying a girl wearing a short skirt is "asking for it".

One new user sent me a gift payment without me asking. He told me that he thought that was what he was supposed to do dealing with someone with more feedback than him. He wasn't an idiot. I made sure to let him know not to do that in the future even if the other party asked for it and to report anyone who did ask him for it.

Just because he paid gift doesn't make it any more or less okay for him to get scammed.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

Its something that sucked, I was new to this site, but admit I know the structure behind gift payments. I took my track record of not experiencing an issue with them before (as a buyer or seller) and using the fact I had another deal w/ them that went fine as my baseline for using gift. It took my two experiences in one week here to get slapped in the face and say its not worth it anymore

Ryan