Blowout Cards Forums
super bowl 50

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback


Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #376 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,267
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
he does NOW
if you can find it in the "disclaimer"

Michael Jordan 1997 98 Skybox EX 2001 Jambalaya RARE Insert BGS 8 5 w 9 5 10 | eBay
__________________
Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Le'Veon Bell.(Finished with Steeler HOF'ers)
The Man of Steal
wheeler281 is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #377 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,178
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

I started a poll.

Packed pulled or trimmed from uncut sheet?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! Looking for Khalil Mack "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #378 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45
Default

I see nothing wrong with getting a card laser cut off a sheet, 2nd I sent in jeter stadium club murphy cards right from the opened sets and half of them came back with evidence of trimming so grading is just a bigger scam so if they grade it than oh well that's part of the game
d2acollectables is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #379 (permalink)
Member
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,638
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Wow. This is some shady, shady stuff.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #380 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2acollectables View Post
I see nothing wrong with getting a card laser cut off a sheet, 2nd I sent in jeter stadium club murphy cards right from the opened sets and half of them came back with evidence of trimming so grading is just a bigger scam so if they grade it than oh well that's part of the game
And this is why cards from sheets are wrong.
sunsfan8 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #381 (permalink)
Member
 
oldgoldy97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Icy Minnesota
Posts: 14,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
And this is why cards from sheets are wrong.
And...that's why graded cards are a joke. One of the biggest scams and wastes of money to have hit this hobby since I started enjoying it 30 years ago.
__________________
Still waiting on an Odell/Landry dual auto from Topps

Maybe you can take some time to learn about the rules of football since your judgement won't be clouded by your favorite team....lagalaxyfan23
oldgoldy97 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #382 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 8,648
Default

Grading and authentication has its place in the hobby. As always it comes down to people and greed
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #383 (permalink)
Member
 
bjs852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Former Female Member
Posts: 2,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
And...that's why graded cards are a joke. One of the biggest scams and wastes of money to have hit this hobby since I started enjoying it 30 years ago.
Agree 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!! When Oldgoldy and I were younger, you graded a card by looking at it with your eyes, not by paying someone $50 to do it for you
__________________
I hate rude people. They blow.
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/bjs852/
bjs852 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #384 (permalink)
Member
 
oldgoldy97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Icy Minnesota
Posts: 14,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs852 View Post
Agree 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!! When Oldgoldy and I were younger, you graded a card by looking at it with your eyes, not by paying someone $50 to do it for you
And it's all subjective, anyway. You can't trust the grading or authentication companies.
__________________
Still waiting on an Odell/Landry dual auto from Topps

Maybe you can take some time to learn about the rules of football since your judgement won't be clouded by your favorite team....lagalaxyfan23
oldgoldy97 is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #385 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,960
Default

kencope has been banned.
pingbling23 is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #386 (permalink)
Temp Suspended Bumping
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 15,117
Default

What happened?
__________________
522 positive feedback on SCF, 304 positive feedback on eBay
FreeMan12406 is online now  
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #387 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
kencope has been banned.
Good riddance.
sunsfan8 is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #388 (permalink)
Member
 
27tinman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,279
Default

You gotta love when another site's mods get banned here.......
27tinman is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #389 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 39,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
You gotta love when another site's mods get banned here.......
Oh yes....says so much about their site.

Did you also notice that a "mod in training" over there was just called out in our member's feedback section? Such a delight!
ManInTheMirror is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #390 (permalink)
Member
 
27tinman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Oh yes....says so much about their site.

Did you also notice that a "mod in training" over there was just called out in our member's feedback section? Such a delight!
All the more reason I rarely use that site anymore. I'm a "HOF'er" with 500+ all positive feedback there, and it still isn't worth the headaches.
27tinman is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #391 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
You gotta love when another site's mods get banned here.......
Huh!?

What crooked site would even consider letting him be a member, let alone be a MOD!!!!

I bet they'll keep on.... what else is new with crooked double standard sites SMH
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #392 (permalink)
Member
 
27tinman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Huh!?

What crooked site would even consider letting him be a member, let alone be a MOD!!!!

I bet they'll keep on.... what else is new with crooked double standard sites SMH
Good ole SCF. I wonder how much longer I'll remain in good standing over there? I know a few of the mods there are members here on Blowout.
27tinman is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #393 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
Good ole SCF. I wonder how much longer I'll remain in good standing over there? I know a few of the mods there are members here on Blowout.
What's there names here? Just curious.....

I didn't know he was a mod there.
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #394 (permalink)
Member
 
27tinman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,279
Default

I'm pretty sure Ryan Churchward and ChillyDoggy are on Blowout, although I'm not sure if ChillyDoggy is still a mod or not.
27tinman is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #395 (permalink)
Member
 
rangerfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 726
Default

Why was he banned exactly? Anyone know?
__________________
I like this tapenade...
rangerfan19 is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #396 (permalink)
Member
 
CP3toOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 4,501
Default

Probably a thread in the basketball forums

Edit: here it is Beckett just got Kencope'D
__________________
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #397 (permalink)
Member
 
AP4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,801
Default

..........

Last edited by AP4MVP; 11-13-2013 at 06:12 AM.
AP4MVP is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #398 (permalink)
Member
 
bdrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC but Los Angeles at heart.
Posts: 8,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
All the more reason I rarely use that site anymore. I'm a "HOF'er" with 500+ all positive feedback there, and it still isn't worth the headaches.
I have just under 600. The site is dead. I blame the staff. Every mod there is a dealer, and half of them are dishonest. That being said, the half who are honest are pretty awesome guys.
__________________
As a result of 2016 USPS Price Increases:
* I will no longer ship internationally for trades valued under $200 USD.
* International buyers are responsible for the full cost of shipment, which will now be around $15.
bdrr is online now  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #399 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 8,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
I have just under 600. The site is dead. I blame the staff. Every mod there is a dealer, and half of them are dishonest. That being said, the half who are honest are pretty awesome guys.
Rather off topic but the last couple of times I went on I saw in the buy/sell forum that the majority of threads are ebay listings? WTH is that all about? If I want to see what's on ebay, I'll look on ebay. If I want to buy/sell on the forums, why am I being spammed with ebay listings... No idea what they're doing over there.

Blowout is the most active hobby site I know of and I appreciate that.
hairyangryfella is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #400 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Rather off topic but the last couple of times I went on I saw in the buy/sell forum that the majority of threads are ebay listings? WTH is that all about? If I want to see what's on ebay, I'll look on ebay. If I want to buy/sell on the forums, why am I being spammed with ebay listings... No idea what they're doing over there.

Blowout is the most active hobby site I know of and I appreciate that.
The eBay stuff on the Buy/Sell pages is so the site can generate a little bit more revenue, from what I've read.

I also have 600+ feedback on SCF and still go there regularly, but it is not nearly as trafficked as it was a year or so ago.

Terry
__________________
Bucket: http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn221/ripdaddy11/

683 + feedback on SCF / 1288 + feedback on eBay
Deal with confidence
paragon11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.