Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I agree with those numbers.

Im just tired of the polar ends of reporting.

When someone says they are only worth $500, they are wrong.

When someone says last one sold for $14k, they are wrong as well.

I think $7k is the right price from a PMG in decent condition with minimal chipping. I think when we see auctions reach $14k, there is monkey business going on.
I can see 14k for the original PMG in a BGS 9 with high subs.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_boi View Post
I can see 14k for the original PMG in a BGS 9 with high subs.
Depends on timing.

The only time I can see that card pull 15K type sales is when some one off deep pocket buyer is intersted and will pay more than anything just to obtain the card. But once he/she is done buying, prices never hit those levels again.

I wouldnt call it market manipulation, but rather price integrity. I see it in my line of business all the time. There is a proactive ideology behind setting a public price paid for integrity vs actually paying that price. It happends in card sales all the time. THe price of the auction can state the card selling for $50,000. But behind the scenes, the buyer pays less plus the fees on a card ending at such a price to leave that marker for everyone to see it sold for $50k.

By doing so, you not only create an artificial price point with a recorded sale, but you leave an indicator for setting a price in the marketplace which you reference and use as a tool for future sales for another deep pocket collector to justify when he pays moderate percentage increases.

The real game is perception. Not record sales. People pay for cards based on what other people expect them to pay, not based on what they want to pay. THe terms of a socially priced world
Old 09-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #53 (permalink)

I think it is a great card but i just dont understand Basketball collectors. You can pick up Jordan signed true 1/1's for alot less than the PMG's that are numbered to /50 or /90. What am I not getting here?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Very different demand/supply equation there. If you do a simple search on eBay, you'll find at least 20-30 Michael Jordan true 1/1 autos readily available on eBay right now. Do the same search for the PMGs, and you'll see that the only one currently available of either /50 or /90 is mine.

It's easy to produce a new card of MJ, serial # it 1/1, and get him to auto it. These cards will not be reproduced. Of course, retro did reproduce them, but the demand for new issues like that will never be the same as the originals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
I think it is a great card but i just dont understand Basketball collectors. You can pick up Jordan signed true 1/1's for alot less than the PMG's that are numbered to /50 or /90. What am I not getting here?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #55 (permalink)

I am just amazed at the prices. Not just MJ but any of the PMGs.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #56 (permalink)

I'm curious what SportsItUpCards would say the original green pmg MJ would sell for... 1k?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
I am just amazed at the prices. Not just MJ but any of the PMGs.
You have to put more emphasis on who is buying it or going to bidding war for it than the price it ends at.

Youll be surprised to see just exactly who sets record prices for certain cards, seller and buyer.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
You have to put more emphasis on who is buying it or going to bidding war for it than the price it ends at.

Youll be surprised to see just exactly who sets record prices for certain cards, seller and buyer.

I'm sure Nat will make a run for it as I know he's been looking for one. I'm sure there will be one on the market at the nationals next year...
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

The last time the card was listed these were the offers

Michael Jordan 1998 99 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems | eBay

45/50

p***p ( 910)
US $4,000.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 03:09:17 AEST

e***n ( 2895)
US $4,800.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 02:54:48 AEST

e***n ( 2895)
US $4,501.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 02:54:25 AEST

e***n ( 2895)
US $4,000.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 02:54:14 AEST

t***r ( 886)
US $3,500.00
Declined
31-Aug-13 17:18:15 AEST

----------------------------

Highest was $4800 either counter or offered. Itll be interesting to see if card sells for more and why someone would be willing to pay for it more than $6k when it could have been had for $6k at one point.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post

Yes
Are you answering "yes" to the question OJ asked.....
Quote:
Isnt that MJ Jamabalaya from the uncut sheet you purchased a while back?
Is this correct? Did you cut that Jordan Jambalaya from an uncut sheet you bought?!

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Yes, I did. Never anything to hide on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Are you answering "yes" to the question OJ asked.....

Is this correct? Did you cut that Jordan Jambalaya from an uncut sheet you bought?!

Last edited by kencope; 09-11-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Note the amount of time it was on the market. All great deals are taken by those with the means who act quickly.

I bought a '52 Mantle within an hour of it being listed a few months ago for $2000. I'm sure there were declined offers of $100, $500, etc. and the true value is much higher than what I paid (as evidenced by the fact that I sold it a couple of weeks later for almost $4K).

Quote:
The last time the card was listed these were the offers

Michael Jordan 1998 99 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems | eBay

45/50

p***p ( 910)
US $4,000.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 03:09:17 AEST

e***n ( 2895)
US $4,800.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 02:54:48 AEST

e***n ( 2895)
US $4,501.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 02:54:25 AEST

e***n ( 2895)
US $4,000.00
Declined
01-Sep-13 02:54:14 AEST

t***r ( 886)
US $3,500.00
Declined
31-Aug-13 17:18:15 AEST

----------------------------

Highest was $4800 either counter or offered. Itll be interesting to see if card sells for more and why someone would be willing to pay for it more than $6k when it could have been had for $6k at one point.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I did. Never anything to hide on my part.
(scratching my head)

But if you dont have anything to hide, then why don't you warn all the potential buyers out there who have no clue?!.... Am I missing something here?

Your auction does not stare that anywhere!

Here's tge link: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=121149249611

Why wouldn't you tell Beckett about this? Did you wrote anywhere on the submission form that this wasn't pack inserted, and just came from some uncut sheet? It surely doesn't say so on the BGS holder.

Yes, granted, it's not your job to tell Beckett.... But maybe then again it is. But isn't it your responsibility to warn people, since your tge one who bought tge uncut sheet, and you know full well.

So what's the deal with that?

Old 09-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Beckett specifically knew that before grading it. They don't care, and neither do I. In their eyes, and my eyes, it's the same card. I spent major money to use the exact same process as was originally used so as not to compromise the integrity of the card.

Given your other comments, I'm sure you will spend 10-20 posts to demean sheet-cut cards, but I am one of the people who are of the opinion that there is no difference between a card that was cut at the factory at origination or kept in its uncut state and then cut at a later date. The rarity of the card is the same in both uncut or cut form (and in my opinion, its actually a little more rare to find an uncut sheet that has survived than it is a single). People argue ad nausea about this issue, but if you can find me an uncut sheet of 3rd series '52 Topps I'm all over it! That's my opinion, you're obviously entitled to your own, as is everyone else.

Quote:
(scratching my head)

But if you dont have anything to hide, then why don't you warn all the potential buyers out there who have no clue?!.... Am I missing something here?

Your auction does not stare that anywhere!

Here's tge link: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=121149249611

Why wouldn't you tell Beckett about this? Did you wrote anywhere on the submission form that this wasn't pack inserted, and just came from some uncut sheet? It surely doesn't say so on the BGS holder.

Yes, granted, it's not your job to tell Beckett.... But maybe then again it is. But isn't it your responsibility to warn people, since your tge one who bought tge uncut sheet, and you know full well.

So what's the deal with that?
Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #65 (permalink)

Regardless of all the shilling and SMH's, congrats on the MJ PMG.

However, IMO it is completely unethical to have cut that Jambalaya and be passing it off as a real pack-pulled one. Clearly you're not in this hobby for the right reasons and should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post

However, IMO it is completely unethical to have cut that Jambalaya and be passing it off as a real pack-pulled one. Clearly you're not in this hobby for the right reasons and should be ashamed of yourself.
Fair enough, and I agree with all of this. Yes, it is a nice card, no doubt, and congrats on it. But the same ol delusional prices were mentioned, so just wanted to give you a heads up, and my two cents. If this was a simple pickup thread, then obviously I would have congratulated you and moved on, but there are other things discussed.

As for the Jambalaya, I really think people should be warned. As far as the price of it today and pre-shilling? Well that's a whole other story for another day....

All I know is, if I were to buy a card that I thought was pack inserted, and then later find out it was from an uncut sheet cut by you, or whoever, I would not be happy at all, and sure most people wouldn't be. Just not right. Beckett was already fooled...... Now the potential buyers?

Old 09-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #67 (permalink)

Its just a "show and tell"

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
Old 09-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the congratulations.

Regarding your "ashamed of myself" comment, I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. This is not a hobby for me, it's a side business which funds my children's college education. To me, that is the "right reason".

Please enlighten me on what I have done that is "passing it off as a real pack-pulled one". Have I said it was pack pulled anywhere? No. Did I lie when asked if I had cut it from an uncut sheet? No. Do any of you know what cards you own were "pack pulled" unless you personally pulled it from a pack yourself? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post

Old 09-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

Welp this thread is about to be a

Old 09-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

You are a serious piece of work. Rebuttals below......

Quote:
Fair enough, and I agree with all of this. Yes, it is a nice card, no doubt, and congrats on it. But the same ol delusional prices were mentioned, so just wanted to give you a heads up, and my two cents. If this was a simple pickup thread, then obviously I would have congratulated you and moved on, but there are other things discussed. IT WAS A SIMPLE PICK UP THREAD UNTIL OTHERS (YOU PRIMARILY) TURNED IT INTO SOMETHING ELSE.

As for the Jambalaya, I really think people should be warned. As far as the price of it today and pre-shilling? Well that's a whole other story for another day....

All I know is, if I were to buy a card that I thought was pack inserted, and then later find out it was from an uncut sheet cut by you, or whoever [ALL MODERN CARDS THAT ARE PRODUCED ARE CUT FROM A SHEET...ALL OF THEM. WHAT YOU'RE IMPLYING IS THAT YOU'D RATHER IT WAS A FACTORY WORKER THAT CUT THEM AND NOT ME. THAT'S FINE, YOU'RE ENTITLED TO THAT PREFERENCE.], I would not be happy at all, and sure most people wouldn't be. Just not right. Beckett was already fooled [IT SEEMS YOU DIDN'T READ MY RESPONSE ABOVE. BECKETT WAS NOT FOOLED. THEY KNOW IT WAS SHEET CUT. THEY GRADE SHEET CUT CARDS ALL OF THE TIME. THEY DON'T CARE.]...... Now the potential buyers?
Old 09-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

In my limited time on this board, it seems to be the norm around here. Much more than other forums. Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
Welp this thread is about to be a

Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #72 (permalink)

I remember those selling for big money right out the gates. Here is the Beckett from June 1999 right after that product hit.
Note some of the other priced cards/sets with respect to the Michael Jordan (Ron Mercer 24K Brilliants @ $500). Some people have no idea. I not only study and respect the hobby, but the history of the valuation within the hobby.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #73 (permalink)

Well no, you actually brought up prices... Comparing it to the shilled PMG prices "paid" so I don't think this was intended as a pickup thread.

By the way, didn't you say in this thread that you're not a collector and just do this for the money? It seems to me like an advertisement thread, not a PC pickup. You started talking about prices, so I then gave my two cents, and a heads up to you thinking that you didn't know about the fake hype with these insert cards. So I guess you already knew. I thought you were a newbie that had no clue about the madness going on with eBay.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better thinking its worth more, or if potential buyers are fooled into believing all the false info, then that's your thing. I honestly could care less. But this hype has ruined our hobby, and now people have followed all across eBay with the fake sales. It's contagious smh

As far as the Jambalaya, I still think, and always will think, that's it's very unethical.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for your contributions to the thread and the discussion. Have a great day.

Quote:
Well no, you actually brought up prices... Comparing it to the shilled PMG prices "paid" so I don't think this was intended as a pickup thread.

By the way, didn't you say in this thread that you're not a collector and just do this for the money? It seems to me like an advertisement thread, not a PC pickup. You started talking about prices, so I then gave my two cents, and a heads up to you thinking that you didn't know about the fake hype with these insert cards. So I guess you already knew. I thought you were a newbie that had no clue about the madness going on with eBay.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better thinking its worth more, or if potential buyers are fooled into believing all the false info, then that's your thing. I honestly could care less. But this hype has ruined our hobby, and now people have followed all across eBay with the fake sales. It's contagious smh

As far as the Jambalaya, I still think, and always will think, that's it's very unethical.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the congratulations.

Regarding your "ashamed of myself" comment, I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. This is not a hobby for me, it's a side business which funds my children's college education. To me, that is the "right reason".

Please enlighten me on what I have done that is "passing it off as a real pack-pulled one". Have I said it was pack pulled anywhere? No. Did I lie when asked if I had cut it from an uncut sheet? No. Do any of you know what cards you own were "pack pulled" unless you personally pulled it from a pack yourself? No.
So deceiving people in order to provide funds for your kids makes it all ok?

Enlightening:
1) send to BGS so they slab it - supporting the notion that it is a real card
2) sell it on ebay and don't mention the fact that it was not pack inserted:

"Extremely rare insert of the star! Great candidate for a regrade, as the subgrades are extremely high and seems BGS was overly critical on edges."

Critical on edges perhaps because you cut them yourself??

Like I said, seems very unethical.
Closed Thread