Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
God Bless...........
About damn time!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
lol at the little internet warrior using caps to show emotion, i actually feel sympathy for you.

Since you are too emotionally distraught or ignorant to understand my last post i will put it simply for you....i understand and agree with what you are saying about one man not collecting jambalayas will not change the market. However if enough threads were created on other forums about the issue then it will change the market of jamabalyas. This news was only brought out a few days ago and already many feel like this has ruined the jambalaya credibility. I do not belong to any other forums so i am hopeful that others will post about this issue.

No hard feelings to you as i don't get emotionally tied up with issues on a basketball card forum. I know you are trying to make a logical point, but if you truly don't agree with cutting sheets then why are you trying to derail a thread that is created to warn others? If you have a better idea please come forward otherwise go about your business turning a blind eye
more difficulty reading i see, i actually feel sympathy for you!!!!

If you really believe it will affect the market then put your money where your mouth is? Take the bet.

I see you avoided that didn't you.

Again, the majority of collectors will continue right along and keep bidding on the jambalayas becuase no one can tell one that is cut from fleer or any other professional cutting machine.

If you can't understand that then i feel sympathy for you.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post

If you really believe it will affect the market then put your money where your mouth is? Take the bet.

Again, the majority of collectors will continue right along and keep bidding on the jambalayas becuase no one can tell one that is cut from fleer or any other professional cutting machine.

Ill take that bet.

Lets start an auction with a regular one. Start a 2nd auction noting specifically that it was 'CUT FROM A SHEET" In the title and in the description and lets see what the auctions end at?

Im willing to put a wager on that . The sheet cut when noted will sell for less than a pack pulled version in my opinion.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #129 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejello727 View Post
ill take that bet.

Lets start an auction with a regular one. Start a 2nd auction noting specifically that it was 'cut from a sheet" in the title and in the description and lets see what the auctions end at?

Im willing to put a wager on that . The sheet cut when noted will sell for less than a pack pulled version in my opinion.
Well since you seem to want to totally change a bet to something that no one is discussing.

I got a bet--lets put up a poll and see how many people think you are a moron, I bet it will be a majority!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is it with reading difficulty and people on bo

that is not what the discussion is about nor was the bet about that.

But thanks for jumping in and posting stupidity as usual.

The entire complaint has been how no one can tell one cut from fleer versus another place and how that might back some people off from buying.

No one has said that if you post it in an auction it will not sell for less. But there you go again as usual, changing the conversation and putting words into peoples mouth that they did not say and then trying to get them to defend it.

It's th oj way-- and it is old and tiresome as hell

no one has said that if listed the way you speak of that it might not cause a sell to go for less.

People are talking about how with not knowing or being able to tell, it might hurt the market.

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 09-15-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Ill take that bet.

Lets start an auction with a regular one. Start a 2nd auction noting specifically that it was 'CUT FROM A SHEET" In the title and in the description and lets see what the auctions end at?

Not if I shill the sheet cut one up thru the roofWe can rig this bet. Goodfellas style and make alot of money. PM for details
Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #131 (permalink)
Banned

I know full well a sheet cut version of most card would sell for less than a pack pulled version with the same grade. So as long as there is disclosure and the buyer knows which is which, I am confident in my opinion that they would not pay higher for a sheet cut version. This coming from being a buyer myself.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I know full well a sheet cut version of most card would sell for less than a pack pulled version with the same grade. So as long as there is disclosure and the buyer knows which is which, I am confident in my opinion that they would not pay higher for a sheet cut version. This coming from being a buyer myself.
of course it probably would if stated in an auction.

BUT would you stop buying a certain card or set if you knew that there was a slight chance that one of them could come from an uncut sheet. you know there might be a chance but you nor anyone else can tell?

That is the question. How much of a money drop off from a 5 or 10% chance of a card being from an uncut sheet but no one knowing.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
of course it probably would if stated in an auction.

BUT would you stop buying a certain card or set if you knew that there was a slight chance that one of them could come from an uncut sheet. you know there might be a chance but you nor anyone else can tell?

That is the question. How much of a money drop off from a 5 or 10% chance of a card being from an uncut sheet but no one knowing.

I assure you I personally would not pay top dollar for a jambalaya knowing full well there are more out there than initially known. I wouldnt pay more knowing there are sheet cut versions. I would also be skepticial about picking other legit ones up as well because its hard to know now.

Overall, yes I would lose confidence in paying top dollar knowing these facts. Find me an actual buyer of these jamabalayas that doesnt feel ;

1. The population is diluted by sheet cut cards in circulation
2. Skeptical of future purchases due to non pack pulled versions in the marketplace
3. Adjusting the price paid for such inserts knowing that the population has increased because of sheets being cut.

I dont care what the opinions are of those who are not in the market to purchase or sell a jambalaya. Just ask those who buy and collect them and see how they feel.

To answer your question, I personally would NOT buy a cut version period. And if I knew it was cut from a sheet and was forced to come up with a reasonable price to pay for one? I would put it at 50 to 60% of an actual pack pulled version. So, yes there would be a greater drop off than 10pts on it.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #134 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-Gods, that Jordan is an ugly card.

lobo_hacker
Old 09-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I assure you I personally would not pay top dollar for a jambalaya knowing full well there are more out there than initially known. I wouldnt pay more knowing there are sheet cut versions. I would also be skepticial about picking other legit ones up as well because its hard to know now.

Overall, yes I would lose confidence in paying top dollar knowing these facts. Find me an actual buyer of these jamabalayas that doesnt feel ;

1. The population is diluted by sheet cut cards in circulation
2. Skeptical of future purchases due to non pack pulled versions in the marketplace
3. Adjusting the price paid for such inserts knowing that the population has increased because of sheets being cut.

I dont care what the opinions are of those who are not in the market to purchase or sell a jambalaya. Just ask those who buy and collect them and see how they feel.

To answer your question, I personally would NOT buy a cut version period. And if I knew it was cut from a sheet and was forced to come up with a reasonable price to pay for one? I would put it at 50 to 60% of an actual pack pulled version. So, yes there would be a greater drop off than 10pts on it.
i guess time will tell who is right

I just don't think that an extra 10 jambalayas are going to kill the market, especially when you can't tell if they are the real deal or cut from an uncut sheet.

It's not like those 10 are gonna be on ebay at the same time and people will notice a huge increase.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #136 (permalink)

This is what KenCopes actions of cutting up a sheet and putting it out on the market does.

It will put doubt in everyone elses mind about any other Jambalaya being legit unless you saw it pulled or pulled it your self.

And whats even worse. If someone does actually pull a Jordan Jambalaya and does it on Youtube or records it some other way,they can now go buy one from a uncut sheet for cheap and just say its the one they pulled and make bank because there buyer will believe its the one they pulled fresh from a pack. All the while they keep the real one.

Way to go KenCope. The people who appreciate and enjoy this hobby say thanks for making it more difficult on everyone so you can line your pockets.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
i guess time will tell who is right

I just don't think that an extra 10 jambalayas are going to kill the market, especially when you can't tell if they are the real deal or cut from an uncut sheet.

It's not like those 10 are gonna be on ebay at the same time and people will notice a huge increase.
Can you guarantee there is only 10 more?

Knowing there are sheet cuts versions in the open market with no clear distinction opens the possibility of any quantities of them out there. It doesnt nothing but hinder the confidence in the quality and quantity of these inserts.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:

Once again you did not read my response. At least I can now understand that you an ignorant individual who brings no relevance to this thread. I also understand why you are so emotionally distraught after reading your recent whiny thread....
Worst month card wise
Maybe you should take a few days off the board and try to find something that makes you happy

I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
Old 09-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #139 (permalink)

Ken how many Jambalaya sheets did you actually end up cutting?

....and are these Golden touch cards sheet cut as well?????
Michael Jordan 1997 98 Skybox Golden Touch RARE Insert Bin Steal | eBay

Michael Jordan 1997 98 Skybox Golden Touch RARE Insert Bin Steal | eBay

Michael Jordan Insert 1997 98 Skybox Premium Golden Touch BGS 8 5 w 2 x 9 RARE | eBay
Old 09-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Once again you did not read my response. At least I can now understand that you an ignorant individual who brings no relevance to this thread. I also understand why you are so emotionally distraught after reading your recent whiny thread....
Worst month card wise
Maybe you should take a few days off the board and try to find something that makes you happy
i did read your response, you still claim tht it will affect the market, i said it wouldn't--we disagree

I am an ignorant individual because i don't think it will have as hughe an impact on the market as you do???

Look at the one getting all emotional and name calling?

I guess i can call you an ignorant individual since you disagree with me.

Why can't some of you just accept the fact that some people think this is not that huge of a deal and won't affect the market s bad as you think???

Why do you have such a hard on as to want everyone to agree with you that it will destroy the market?

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 09-15-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Can you guarantee there is only 10 more?

Knowing there are sheet cuts versions in the open market with no clear distinction opens the possibility of any quantities of them out there. It doesnt nothing but hinder the confidence in the quality and quantity of these inserts.
no, maybe there is only 1 out there, but maybe there are 50 more?

who knows, especially if you can't tell cut from uncut?

Now if all of a sudden 10 jambalayas pop up every month, then maybe you have something to be concerned about.

but with 10,000,000 people wanting one and maybe only 1000 (who knows, even with the added uncut sheet ones)available, I think it will be just fine.

Again we will see
Old 09-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Amazing how people get pissed when you don't have the exat same opinion as them.

People are really upset that some of us think this won't have a huge impact.

Jesus

ever heard of we will agree to disagree

Apparently can't do that, apparently you are an ignorant individual if you don't think this is the end of the world!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Worst month card wise
recent whiny thread?

all you have done is whine about how this is wrong and so horrible,

Pot meet the kettle

I'm not allowed to "whine" over 3 crappy transactions, but you are allowed to whine over a card you will never get yourself?? Ok makes total sense.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
recent whiny thread?

all you have done is whine about how this is wrong and so horrible,

Pot meet the kettle

I'm not allowed to "whine" over 3 crappy transactions, but you are allowed to whine over a card you will never get yourself?? Ok makes total sense.
What?!? No capital letters this time? Please stop putting words in my mouth. I said that if more people find out about this issue less will buy it. Which will in fact decrease the population. It may not happen over night but will eventually over time. Of course there will always be shilled auctions. At least the more the word gets out there will be less innocent buyers getting caught up in the scam.

Why would I take a bet the day after word was let out about this scam? You make yourself sound pathetic begging for money. Since arguing with you has no relevance to this thread I will no longer acknowledge your infant remarks and only respond to those of relevance

Old 09-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
What?!? No capital letters this time? Please stop putting words in my mouth. I said that if more people find out about this issue less will buy it. Which will in fact decrease the population. It may not happen over night but will eventually over time. Of course there will always be shilled auctions. At least the more the word gets out there will be less innocent buyers getting caught up in the scam.

Why would I take a bet the day after word was let out about this scam? You make yourself sound pathetic begging for money. Since arguing with you has no relevance to this thread I will no longer acknowledge your infant remarks and only respond to those of relevance
MY INFANT REMARKS, OHHH AHHH, BIG MAN

HOW YOU LIKE THOSE CAPS

i bet you 6 months out, not tomorrow.

How will there be less innocent buyers caught up in the scam when no one can tell if a card is factory cut or not?

Everyone who buys the card from now on will still think it is a readl deal card. The seller will go with that assumption and so will the buyers. With no way to prove otherwise, that's all they can do.

yes you think there will be a ramification from this, I don't

Why do you have to name call. We just disagree on an outcome.

You have gotten yourself so worked up that you started name calling but then have the nerve to turn around and say that I am getting worked up?

caps stay on unless i turn them off as i am at work and the work computers stay on caps lock.

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 09-15-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #146 (permalink)
Banned

I made it public I was doing this in April. That would be the worst-planned "scam" ever.

Quote:

Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
I made it public I was doing this in April. That would be the worst-planned "scam" ever.
And you did a really good job of sweeping it under the rug as you have tried to do with this thread asking the mods to remove it Hopefully it will be kept and bumped to the top every day to keep people enlightened to the shady practices sellers like you have used. I honestly have no problem with you cutting your cards as they are yours to cut. However, if you are selling, buyers have a right to know what you have done. Putting it in the fine print as you have done is a start but still not enough. For example:

Condition:
Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions

I copied this from your Jordan Jambalaya you currently have listed. How can you describe the condition as Brand New when you have trimmed the entire card

Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Amazing how people get pissed when you don't have the exat same opinion as them.

People are really upset that some of us think this won't have a huge impact.

Jesus

ever heard of we will agree to disagree

Apparently can't do that, apparently you are an ignorant individual if you don't think this is the end of the world!!!

MEMBERS WHO ARE TO BE PLACED ON SUICIDE WATCH AFTER THE INCIDENT- BAYZHEAD, JBARNETT83, HYCHANG5, NISSANDRIVER77

From your signature. You gie us grief because we disagree yet you go on and say we are about to kill ourselves because our viewpoints differ.

Yeah, you are definately entering delusional land now.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hychang5 View Post
MEMBERS WHO ARE TO BE PLACED ON SUICIDE WATCH AFTER THE INCIDENT- BAYZHEAD, JBARNETT83, HYCHANG5, NISSANDRIVER77

From your signature. You gie us grief because we disagree yet you go on and say we are about to kill ourselves because our viewpoints differ.

...haha He even made a thread about it in the b/s/t section.
I Invite You to go on a Journey With Me!!!!!
Dude has completely lost it lol

Old 09-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hychang5 View Post

Henry I have just reported this kid , he was just suspended a month ago and still has not learnt .
Closed Thread