Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow JAMBALAYA: Uncut sheet cards passed off as the real deal........ eBay seller: kencope

Looks like he does this, and other shady things like this, as a full time job. Passes off this crap to make money off unsuspecting buyers. So be warned!

Check him out in action! Starts from post #46 in the following thread...... Warn others if you care anything about this hobby of ours. Don't let this one fall under their radar. All too often these shady practices are swept under the rug, and they're able to continue.

Here is the thread.... Starts on post #46 -----> http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...-pmg-50-a.html

Please warn any of the buyers of these bogus cards. His name on eBay is the same - kencope. Please share this information on other sections of this forum, and also other forums.

If you have a history with this seller, please share here so we can warn others, and spare them from the headache.

Thanks for reading, and try to be very careful out there. There are plenty of ways to lose out big $$$ on these types of cards.

What's so outrageous about this is.... He was able to fool Beckett! They even stabbed it with NO mention that it came from an uncut sheet which was cut by kencope! Here is one on eBay right now, check out the pic of the BGS holder... No mention at all!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=121149249611

~Giovanni (SMH)

Last edited by SportsItUpCards; 09-13-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

is there a thread or any pics of the uncut sheet he used?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
is there a thread or any pics of the uncut sheet he used?
Not sure if there's a thread.... But I remember them on eBay, and didn't sell for very much. I actually thought of buying it to frame!

Maybe OJ knows if there's a thread somewhere showing them, or a pic somewhere?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

i wonder why it didnt sell for much, as kencope has proven, you can cut them yourself and sell them for thousands....
Old 09-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Whats the difference between an uncut card and a cut card? I mean it's still the card right?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
i wonder why it didnt sell for much, as kencope has proven, you can cut them yourself and sell them for thousands....
That's the very reason he bought them! To make easy money off the hard work of others. I wouldn't be surprised if hd bought most uncut sheets and chopped them up for selling as the real deal.

Heck, BGS graded them with NO mention of them being sheet cut. He says they knew about it, but I call bs on that. This guy has done other things like color cards with a marker and mess with vintage packs, so I don't believe anything he has to say.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
That's the very reason he bought them! To make easy money off the hard work of others. I wouldn't be surprised if hd bought most uncut sheets and chopped them up for selling as the real deal.

Heck, BGS graded them with NO mention of them being sheet cut. He says they knew about it, but I call bs on that. This guy has done other things like color cards with a marker and mess with vintage packs, so I don't believe anything he has to say.

please explain the easy money off hard work of others comment.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ahhhh yes, found them!

1997-98 jambalaya complete set. Uncut sheet. Super r (03/19/2013)...

But this is a recent sale of a sheet from 2013.... How many of these were sold since 2010 or even way prior?! smh

What a real shame. Destroying our hobby what dirtbag move at a time.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Just curious if anyone has contacted the buyers of his cut cards sold from his ebay account?
MLB: '99 (51/53), '00 (106/133) '01 (0/110)
Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
Just curious if anyone has contacted the buyers of his cut cards sold from his ebay account?
I haven't.......... YET!

If everyone could help out, that would be great.

Lets not get this twisted.... This I'd not a witch hunt as some of you like to call it when someone is caught red handed. This I'd helping out the community!

If anyone here spent $2,000.00 or more, whatever the price.... Wouldn't you want to know that you didn't actually get the real deal? Would you like to be lied to, of not informed?

Help would be great here. Thank you all who will help out.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

No dog in this fight but he is a member here............just sayin..........

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: kencope

Edit: I'm dumb..............................already mentioned........reading isn't really MY thing

SPARTY ON!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
No dog in this fight but he is a member here............just sayin..........

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: kencope

Edit: I'm dumb..............................already mentioned........reading isn't really MY thing
Could this be why they dong have a thread about this on that very "special" site? Unless of course I'm blind.....

Was there any threads of this started and then maybe deleted and swept under the rug? Definitely something worth looking into.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...ick-sales.html

#6 post

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
Old 09-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

oh goddamn

http://blastman.imgur.com/
Old 09-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Disgusting.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

I wish i had access to a computer, but he needs to be reported on scf too, where i think he is a mod. I never thought ill say this, but good job gio for making this thread and calling him out.

Last edited by jeebus_86; 09-13-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
I wish i had access to a computer, but he needs to be reported on scf too, where i think he is a mod. I never thought ill say this, but good job gio for making this thread and calling him out.
group hug....

Great to see us collectors sticking together, it's a beautiful thing. Thanks my friend.

But wow... A MOD?! That's how forums get ruined... When people like this are mods. A person who doesn't collect, and just in it to make a buck, is a mod on a sports card forum? how in the world does this happen?

Thanks again! And for sure SCF should know, 100%! Along with other forums... This way I think his games would stop, because no one would buy the garbage, and he can move on to something different and leave our hobby alone.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

This is interesting. I think that is something that should be disclosed at sale. There are a lot of uncut sheets for sale out there. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cards-/212/i...kw=uncut+sheet
I do think though that just because something wasn't intended to be released does not make it bad for the hobby. What about the 1990s test refractors. People love them. They were not inserted into packs but they are highly sought after. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...tor&_sacat=214

Last edited by phdbeckett; 09-14-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

I don't know that seller, but yes, there is a difference between being cut at the factory before put into packs for collectors to pull and being bought as an uncut sheet before separated into (and later sold as) several different pack-pulled cards.

That's just disgusting.

Last edited by bjho852; 09-14-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

doesnt that seller also sells Jambalaya continually and then relist them? I mean hes 'sold' /printed a price for at least 4-5 jordan Jambalaya's over last few months on bay......
Sports card asset management indeed.....
Old 09-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #21 (permalink)

Guys, I hate to butt in here with a very different opinion than all you folks, but I feel the need. I don't feel like he's doing anything wrong.

It's not his fault that Beckett can't differentiate between a pack inserted card and a card from an uncut sheet. Once they grade the card, it's as good as a pack inserted card. He sells it to someone else who sells it to someone else who... you get the idea, and in the end NO ONE knows where the card actually came from.

For those vintage collector folks out there, like me, how do you know that what you have didn't come from a sheet? You don't! And you never will unless you only collect what you pull. In the mid 90's shop at home was selling framed 86-87 fleer sheets. You don't think that one of the Jordan's from a sheet is sitting in a 9.5 or a 10 holder from BGS?

I will say that this was some excellent detective work... but in the long run, these cards are going to sell well and be worth as much as the pack inserted ones, though depending on how many are out there, they may knock Jambalaya down the totem pole of 90's inserts...
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
Guys, I hate to butt in here with a very different opinion than all you folks, but I feel the need. I don't feel like he's doing anything wrong.

It's not his fault that Beckett can't differentiate between a pack inserted card and a card from an uncut sheet. Once they grade the card, it's as good as a pack inserted card. He sells it to someone else who sells it to someone else who... you get the idea, and in the end NO ONE knows where the card actually came from.

For those vintage collector folks out there, like me, how do you know that what you have didn't come from a sheet? You don't! And you never will unless you only collect what you pull. In the mid 90's shop at home was selling framed 86-87 fleer sheets. You don't think that one of the Jordan's from a sheet is sitting in a 9.5 or a 10 holder from BGS?

I will say that this was some excellent detective work... but in the long run, these cards are going to sell well and be worth as much as the pack inserted ones, though depending on how many are out there, they may knock Jambalaya down the totem pole of 90's inserts...
So because it is hard to prove if a card is sheet cut, you are ok with it?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

A mod on other sites doing this? Goddd. What a character. And yall thought only overseas guys does something like this. Think again!

Uncut is uncut no matter it is not packpulled. And never ever cannot be passed as the real deal.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fluffy View Post
Whats the difference between an uncut card and a cut card? I mean it's still the card right?
I ditto this question. Someone please explain...
Old 09-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post

So areyou okwith exquisite number pieces uncut sheet. Cutting them up. Putting up patches and autos and getting slabbed to sell it right?
Closed Thread