Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopeal View Post
Completely pointless thread as per usual. Glad tnarg has multiple boyfriends to come to his defense. If the roles were reversed, Dan Shakespeare, RayRay, and the other guys who have been giving me crap since day 1 on this this forum would still be on tnargs side.
This is a complete joke.
I don't know anyone here so this is a completely unbiased opinion..

you were in the wrong. grant is not a mind reader.(actually I don't know who he is, so he might be?) if you don't communicate that you need a few days to do whatever it was you needed to do, he has no way of knowing.

during negotiations when you said 260 is good or whatever, and grant sent you his paypal info, that's a pretty good sign of "pay now" at which point you should have said "hey I need a couple days..."

you were wrong, take your sob story elsewhere.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Completely pointless thread as per usual. Glad tnarg has multiple boyfriends to come to his defense. If the roles were reversed, Dan Shakespeare, RayRay, and the other guys who have been giving me crap since day 1 on this this forum would still be on tnargs side.
This is a complete joke.
Your own thread that you started is pointless? Then why start it?
Old 09-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
So essentially the issue is I didn't make an instant payment, which was never agreed upon, so the guy hits me with a negative. I'm still listening to and taking note of what everybody is saying and appreciate all the input with the notable exception of Dan Shakespeare and Ray ray, who are clowns.
Well it's just your wording.

If you say "$260 sounds good but let me sleep on it" or "I'm thinking $260 but I need to raise funds" then you'd be fine.

But if you say "260 works" that's basically saying I can pay $260 for these cards. As I said it wasn't super clear and you're newer so I see how you'd maybe not get that but it definitely read to me like you saying I want the cards we have a deal, just in fewer words.

I agree he sent you the paypal without you asking for his paypal. But he assumed you meant you were gonna pay and if you weren't intending to pay then and there (or even in the next few days) I would've told him that night in your follow up PM that either a) you weren't sure yet or b) you needed a few days to gather funds. It sounds like Grant might have been okay with giving you a few days, you just need to tell him then and there when he sends you paypal instead of two days later.

So general rule of thumb, if someone sends you their paypal addy either pay then or message back explaining why you can't lol.
My Sportlots: http://tinyurl.com/m77weuc
Old 09-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
I have no connection to tnarg, don't believe we've ever dealt. So please explain to me how "a couple more days to make a final decision" is the same as "I want the cards still but I need a few days to raise funds."

One means no deal yet.

The other means deal but I need money.

Which one is it?
I guess I was a bit vague. Again, I did not consider the deal to be finalized but clearly tnarg felt otherwise. I guess it was a misunderstanding, and perhaps most of the blame can be attributed to me. I stand by my judgement that the negative was harsh and impulsive on his part. This could've been resolved much more easily.
I can't stand the bully tactics used by certain members of this forum, although apparently negative feedback means next to nothing on this site.
I was under the assumption that negatives were reserved for scammers.

CMB. My entire collection is up For Sale!!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
So essentially the issue is I didn't make an instant payment, which was never agreed upon, so the guy hits me with a negative. I'm still listening to and taking note of what everybody is saying and appreciate all the input with the notable exception of Dan Shakespeare and Ray ray, who are clowns.
Agree with you about Shakespeare but the bottom line is you should have made mention about when payment was going to be, if wasn't going to be immediately.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #106 (permalink)

Keep em coming Jopeal. Only a matter of time now. Ill remember you.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #107 (permalink)

I want to go steady with Grant but he keeps playing hard to get.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess I was a bit vague. Again, I did not consider the deal to be finalized but clearly tnarg felt otherwise. I guess it was a misunderstanding, and perhaps most of the blame can be attributed to me. I stand by my judgement that the negative was harsh and impulsive on his part. This could've been resolved much more easily.
I can't stand the bully tactics used by certain members of this forum, although apparently negative feedback means next to nothing on this site.
and people who dont pay for items they say they will take.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
Agree with you about Shakespeare but the bottom line is you should have made mention about when payment was going to be, if wasn't going to be immediately.
HAHAHA WHO ARE YOU AS WELL!? keep hating haterz

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Well it's just your wording.

If you say "$260 sounds good but let me sleep on it" or "I'm thinking $260 but I need to raise funds" then you'd be fine.

But if you say "260 works" that's basically saying I can pay $260 for these cards. As I said it wasn't super clear and you're newer so I see how you'd maybe not get that but it definitely read to me like you saying I want the cards we have a deal, just in fewer words.

I agree he sent you the paypal without you asking for his paypal. But he assumed you meant you were gonna pay and if you weren't intending to pay then and there (or even in the next few days) I would've told him that night in your follow up PM that either a) you weren't sure yet or b) you needed a few days to gather funds. It sounds like Grant might have been okay with giving you a few days, you just need to tell him then and there when he sends you paypal instead of two days later.

So general rule of thumb, if someone sends you their paypal addy either pay then or message back explaining why you can't lol.

I agree. Thanks for the input and I will do that in the future. It was a long night, and I take blame for the lack of communication.
I still think the negative was completely unnecessary though, and I have no respect for bully tactics like this guy Grant's my way or the highway attitude.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree. Thanks for the input and I will do that in the future. It was a long night, and I take blame for the lack of communication.
I still think the negative was completely unnecessary though, and I have no respect for bully tactics like this guy Grant's my way or the highway attitude.
Just chalk it up as a learning experience (about dealing on this site and its members) and keep your head up. There have been quite a few guys here who had one early neg and then managed to BST their way to hundreds of positives afterwards. For now it is a bit of a mark but if you're all positives from here on out people will forget the neg in time and it won't really affect you.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Just chalk it up as a learning experience (about dealing on this site and its members) and keep your head up. There have been quite a few guys here who had one early neg and then managed to BST their way to hundreds of positives afterwards. For now it is a bit of a mark but if you're all positives from here on out people will forget the neg in time and it won't really affect you.
Thanks mate. I honestly appreciate your constructive criticism.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks mate. I honestly appreciate your constructive criticism.
No problem man. I was a lone wolf around here for a while so I know it can be tough at first if you don't know a lot of people. That said, pretty much everyone's cool in time so hopefully you'll find lots of chill people to deal with!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #114 (permalink)

I love how I have been on here for just a tad over a year yet I am already considered one of the "good old boys". Hilarious.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
No problem. The key to anything is COMMUNICATION. Especially here on Blowout. If everyone had great communication, I guarantee you half of the issues on this board would disappear. (73% of all stats are made up, btw).
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not a fanboi, by any means. But take a step back and breathe, and just read what I'm about to say. Take it for what it's worth.

Just because "your opinion" is different than the "consensus" does not make everyone else wrong. You began the thread, and when people gave you opinions, you disregard them because they are buddies of tnarg.

In this thread, you have only chosen to listen to one person, based off your quotes and replies. We gave your our opinions, and they all point to the fact that you are/were wrong, regardless of your beliefs.

You are at a fork in the road. You can either accept it, and make changes to address that it doesn't happen again, or you can continue to argue why you believe you were right, and dig yourself deeper. By choosing the first option, you can continue to have a great time on this board.

The people that take their lumps and move on succeed on this board.

The people that whine and moan about how everything is bad and wrong with this board won't. What's ironic, is the people down this path are usually the ones that don't survive.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
No problem man. I was a lone wolf around here for a while so I know it can be tough at first if you don't know a lot of people. That said, pretty much everyone's cool in time so hopefully you'll find lots of chill people to deal with!
I already have found a lot of good people, and I think for the most part there seems to be a good group on this site.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I love how I have been on here for just a tad over a year yet I am already considered one of the "good old boys". Hilarious.
You've only been around since '12? Dang. Feels like I see you everywhere. Maybe I just notice Ms. Hendricks a lot lol.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #118 (permalink)

Ok here is my unbiased opinion of this I can see both sides of this argument so m not picking sides just giving an opinion

While I can see how it could be said a deal was agreed to there is one th g that could mabe be seen as it wasn't

Op asked about the Rodgers was told it was on hold til Monday as someone else had til then to secure funds and pay. Op was then given the asking price for the Rodgers.

Could the op have been waiting til Monday to see if you had a chance at getting the Rodgers before paying for the other two?

With that said I do agree you don't tell someone ok for a price then tell them you need a few days to get the money together.

8 1/1's
Old 09-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
You've only been around since '12? Dang. Feels like I see you everywhere. Maybe I just notice Ms. Hendricks a lot lol.
Yup. June of 2012. I suppose my incredibly humorous knee slappingly funny posts have made an impression on you.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
I'm not a fanboi, by any means. But take a step back and breathe, and just read what I'm about to say. Take it for what it's worth.

Just because "your opinion" is different than the "consensus" does not make everyone else wrong. You began the thread, and when people gave you opinions, you disregard them because they are buddies of tnarg.

In this thread, you have only chosen to listen to one person, based off your quotes and replies. We gave your our opinions, and they all point to the fact that you are/were wrong, regardless of your beliefs.

You are at a fork in the road. You can either accept it, and make changes to address that it doesn't happen again, or you can continue to argue why you believe you were right, and dig yourself deeper. By choosing the first option, you can continue to have a great time on this board.

The people that take their lumps and move on succeed on this board.

The people that whine and moan about how everything is bad and wrong with this board won't. What's ironic, is the people down this path are usually the ones that don't survive.
Dude get off your high horse. I have already taken the advice of the civil people who posted on this thread and was actually going to thank you for your input on one of your early posts. I understand that what I did was poor practice and I've learned, but the only people I signaled out were Dan Shakepeare and RayRay, who have completely biased opinions and would rather start a flame war then have a legitimate discussion.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #122 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Just stop it! Stop!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
I already have found a lot of good people, and I think for the most part there seems to be a good group on this site.
OP, pay for what you buy. Easy, simple and fun!

Kevin

Psalm 23: 1-6
Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Yup. June of 2012. I suppose my incredibly humorous knee slappingly funny posts have made an impression on you.
That and the tittays
Old 09-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude get off your high horse. I have already taken the advice of the civil people who posted on this thread and was actually going to thank you for your input on one of your early posts. I understand that what I did was poor practice and I've learned, but the only people I signaled out were Dan Shakepeare and RayRay, who have completely biased opinions and would rather start a flame war then have a legitimate discussion.
Yup totally biased. You've got me pegged. I mean Grant and I get together for coffee and cigs at least twice a week. I watch his kids and he watches mine. We have taken a blood oath. All of that good stuff.