Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question What is the opinion on eBay DSR's and blocking buyers?

I watch my DSR's with every feedback received. I offer free shipping for US buyers. Obviously, International buyers need to pay. eBay sometimes does overestimate shipping costs at times. I ALWAYS refund the difference. If they do not overestimate, they underestimate. I had a customer last week buy a card and eBay underestimated the shipping. eBay charged the customer $3.00 and the actual shipping was $5.88. I ate the difference and shipped the card. Today the buyer dinged me on my shipping DSR. Unbelievable. So, I blocked them from ever purchasing from me again. Is this why a vast majority of you do not ship Internationally? I am really beginning to sway towards not allowing International buyers. I constantly get dinged from them even when I refund the difference which I personally have never had a seller do even though I know true shipping costs. Opinions?
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
I watch my DSR's with every feedback received. I offer free shipping for US buyers. Obviously, International buyers need to pay. eBay sometimes does overestimate shipping costs at times. I ALWAYS refund the difference. If they do not overestimate, they underestimate. I had a customer last week buy a card and eBay underestimated the shipping. eBay charged the customer $3.00 and the actual shipping was $5.88. I ate the difference and shipped the card. Today the buyer dinged me on my shipping DSR. Unbelievable. So, I blocked them from ever purchasing from me again. Is this why a vast majority of you do not ship Internationally? I am really beginning to sway towards not allowing International buyers. I constantly get dinged from them even when I refund the difference which I personally have never had a seller do even though I know true shipping costs. Opinions?
Yup. They won't pay the $35 for EMI, but they want the benefits of it.

I've had people message me saying "I see you don't allow international bidders, I'm hopeful you will reconsider my offer". I follow that up with "If you are willing to pay $35 shipping for USPS EMI, I will absolutely let you buy it".

Almost everytime, they reply with "No thanks".

It's not my fault Paypal will only allow me to protect myself this way. It's not the buyers fault either, but they are the ones that won't be able to bid on my auctions.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

As a US seller, we have no control over the cost to ship something that would protect us a seller. When presented with the cost, the scenario I've run into (amongst many others) are
#1. Buyer agrees to pay high shipping rate but screws you on DSR's. 3 bad DSR's and you can't sell for a month and are limited in selling the following months until your DSR's come back up!
#2. Buyer curses you, calls you names, and insists in a cheaper shipping method that leaves you completely without any protection.

I've conversed with many great overseas collectors, but the headache that has come with shipping internationally is getting to be too much to bear.