Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Don't buy from Linsanity - I got ripped off

I thought Linsanity was a fair person but I was proven completely wrong. Here is the story and you judge for yourself. I made a trade with him a couple of months ago for equal values of 3-4 card each. Part of our deal was that he had a Derek Jeter auto card that he claimed he got the auto himself (in a later post he changed his story however and said his from got the auto not him). Anyways I hate buying or trading for autos without a COA but I did anyways. I asked what he valued card at and he said $60 which seemed very fair for a Jeter auto. I gave him $60 card for that and asked if he would guarantee authenticity of card before we made deal and he said yes. I told him I was going to get authenticated by JSA and he said no problem. Well Card came up not authentic from JSA and they showed me how it looks way different from his other autos and why it failed. All I asked is that I give him back the Jeter like he had said he would take back and I wanted the $60 value in cards back (either the card I gave him or anything that was $60 in value). He now says that the value on the card is $25 and he must have done good negotiating if he told me $60. I call that dishonesty not good negotiating. He said take a $25 card or nothing so I say I would rather nothing. It is not about the money but the principle. I think it is totally rude and not right and he went back on his word.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

This whole story is a giant lie... If the Jeter was really a $60 value like you think I said then why did I give up the Jeter and another few cards that added to $45ish in value then why did I only get 3 cards not totaling more than $60 total... Mhmm that's what I thought. Ask everyone and they will say I'm a reputable seller!
linsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Let's see those PMs!!!!!!!!!!!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

sold a fake auto...not very repituable in my eyes lol
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yah
PMs
and

the right forum would help..you know, member feedback...
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

The PMs were from 2 months ago... That's how low he is in information... So he knows he can make up values!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

post the entire list of cards and the values assigned to them that were in the deal, and the cards you asked for in return of the Jeter after it was deemed not authentic. Do you still have any PM's showing what the values were? If so post that as well. You need to show more evidence to make this callout thread worth anything (also would help to put it in the correct section).
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Yah
PMs
and

the right forum would help..you know, member feedback...
You, sir, are on a roll this evening....not to mention, very busy with the whole Commish thing goin' on, too! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Failing to see how this is an issue. If you trade/sell a IP auto, guarantee its authenticity and then it fails trade should be reversed.

Always buying Highend Items: PhotoBucket:
http://s1176.beta.photobucket.com/user/PACARDS/library/
Prospectorsadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsanity View Post
Ask everyone and they will say I'm a reputable seller!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
sold a fake auto...not very repituable in my eyes lol
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
The PMs were from 2 months ago... That's how low he is in information... So he knows he can make up values!

don't get to confident he may still have them lol
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
You, sir, are on a roll this evening....not to mention, very busy with the whole Commish thing goin' on, too! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
EN FUEGO!!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Not everyone does the 2 week returns on getting things authenticated. I bought a In person auto on ebay one time and by the time I got it back as Not Authentic there was nothing I could do. I think if you sold an Non-Authentic auto you should give back what you received and take the fake auto back since it was you that guaranteed its authenticity.

http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/jbrandonw/library/?sort=3&page=1
jbrandonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandonw View Post
Not everyone does the 2 week returns on getting things authenticated. I bought a In person auto on ebay one time and by the time I got it back as Not Authentic there was nothing I could do. I think if you sold an Non-Authentic auto you should give back what you received and take the fake auto back since it was you that guaranteed its authenticity.
That is what I proposed but the OP want other cards like a Matthew Stafford Auto or a Demaryous Thomas Auto BGS 9.5 or cash.... Not gonna happen
Old 09-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #16 (permalink)

I agree he should re-exchange and accept the apology and consider it a good deal since you DID back up what you traded/sold.

You should also cover any fees associated with authenticating as well since had it been real, he would have absorbed those without any issue
Old 09-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospectorsadvantage View Post
Failing to see how this is an issue. If you trade/sell a IP auto, guarantee its authenticity and then it fails trade should be reversed.
i agree. this is why making guarantees that you can't back is a bad way to do business.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i agree. this is why making guarantees that you can't back is a bad way to do business.
I agreed to do that but he wanted a nice D. Thomas and a nice Matt Stafford Auto...And Im not gonna do that!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I agreed to do that but he wanted a nice D. Thomas and a nice Matt Stafford Auto...And Im not gonna do that!
Do you have the exact cards he sent you? Those should be returned if you have them at hand. That would be the most fair resolution and this can be closed.

OP-If Linsanity has the original cards you sent him then getting those exact ones back would be the proper way of handling this. Not getting other cards that were not involved in the deal.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
Do you have the exact cards he sent you? Those should be returned if you have them at hand. That would be the most fair resolution and this can be closed.

OP-If Linsanity has the original cards you sent him then getting those exact ones back would be the proper way of handling this. Not getting other cards that were not involved in the deal.
I believe I do and I offered to refund the whole trade but he insisted he get another $150 in cards that had nothing to do with the trade!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #21 (permalink)

What were the cards so we can see the value involved.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #22 (permalink)

Better yet, let's see a scan of this horrible fake!
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #23 (permalink)

Linsanity is a total liar and trying to make himself look good after people are agreeing with me on what should be done. He is now lying about the deal as well. It was a lot bigger trade than he is implying. I keep a log of all my trades so he is busted now. I never asked for what is more than the value of the Jeter. I even would be more than happy with the same card value as Jeter that I traded in the deal. He says in earlier post our trade values on both total was $60 which isn't even close. The biggest thing that Linsanity fails to mention which I could send his replies back to me is that even though he told me and we agreed the value on Jeter was $60 (which seems fair), he was a good negotiator saying value of card was $60 since he really knew it was only $25. Now he wants to give me back only $25. He then says the only offer is a $25 Upton card or nothing. I told him forget the whole thing. I would rather have nothing. I told him I was going to leave a post with all the facts and his reply was everyone would agree with him with is not the case.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

If you don't have the PM's in your inbox, there should be copies of them in your email.
Sikkcaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #25 (permalink)

Sorry guys since you are all asking and Linsanity cannot tell the truth, below are the details of our trade. The funny thing is he says our whole trade trade was $60 or less meanwhile he is busted again because he posted my same 4 cards over and over again right when he got them so he could sell or trade them. I gave up the following cards below. These are values he put on cards and left numerous threads with only these 4 cards that he received in trade with me. The 4 values come to $218- $228 ( a little more than Linsanity is saying, huh?)

USA Upton auuto /475 - he was asking $28
Ryan Howard 2008 Allen and Ginter auto /50 BGS9,10 $80
Josh Hamilton Topps Box Topper 15/15 $70
1972 Johnny Bench IP auto $40 - $50 (the funny thing with this card is I told him that I would guarantee authenticity and would refund his money if it came up to not be authentic which I absolutely would hold to that)

I received in trade
Matt Ryan rookie auto $100 value
Alfred Morris rookie auto $30 value
Derek Jeter IP auto $60 value

Why would I ever do trade if Jeter wasn't at least $60 value card. I planned all along to get JSA Authenticated on Jeter and that is why I did deal and checked with him beforehand to make sure he would give me same value back if it didn't come back authentic.

I don't think Linsanity knew I kept trade details. How can he get out of lying on this one since these are facts he can't deny.