Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default RefractorsETC - PayPal Claim?

Hey guys. Really don't like to make this thread, but I'm a bit concerned. Approximately a week ago, I go into my PayPal to see that my PayPal balance is $100 less than I expected it to be. I went to the Resolution Center and noticed that the Blowout member RefractorsETC opened a PayPal claim on me for an "unauthorized funds" case. He bought a Cecil Shorts auto off me, and I know he definitely received it because he left me feedback and even posted a thread with his own scans of it. I PMed him asking what's up with it, and he told me that apparently someone hacked into his PayPal account and started doing weird stuff to it, and that he would get it fixed with the credit card company. I told him that's fine, but I asked him if he could just withdraw the claim since obviously it is invalid, and he knows that he got the card. He PMed me telling me that apparently he wasn't able to see where the case was opened, so he wasn't able to. He then told me that he was going to call the credit card company and get things straightened out, then he would get back to me. That was two days ago, and I haven't had any response or anything from him at all.

Like I said, not trying to jump the gun here or anything, but this is kind of an odd situation I'm in. I provided the dispute manager with the DC number I used to ship him his card, and apparently it is being reviewed by PayPal right now. There's no timeframe as to when that decision will be reached, so my money is on hold for now which is really disappointing.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, the PayPal review takes awhile. Could be weeks.

What an odd story. Usually when people "hack" into a PayPal account, they do not dispute items. They take your money by buying items or withdrawing cash. And, then for the buyer to not even know how to go into the resolution center within their PayPal dashboard is another oddity. Seems like your buyer was trying to pull a fast one. Good luck on retrieving your funds as quickly as possible. Hope it's soon.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Space reserved for possible future POS OR guy doing the right thing post.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Don't anyone take this wrong, as I'm not insinuating(sp) anything with following comment. There was a certain high profile scammer here last year that also was "disputing" charges on his credit card that he was purchasing cards with. Seems to be a really odd situation. Good luck with the resolution.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
Old 09-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I sold him a Gabbert card for $40. No claim opened
Old 09-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic23 View Post
I sold him a Gabbert card for $40. No claim opened
Sold to him a month ago. I also don't see anything.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

He and I are close and I know he'd never do anything wrong on purpose. Unless he's changed
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*

2014 Grande Dream Count: 2
Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24>MJ23 View Post
He and I are close and I know he'd never do anything wrong on purpose. Unless he's changed
Are you two "close" in real life or just on the internet?

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
Old 09-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well I guess I should chime in now as well even though I think the OP jumped the gun a little bit calling RefractorsEtc out.

I am in the same situation. I sold a J. Blackmon White Whale to Refractors a couple of weeks ago. Card was received and positive I trader was left for it. I was in Walmart with my children, a couple of hanger boxes of 2013 Topps in hand, when I got an email that there was a case opened for the card. I dropped what I had and hurried home to find out was going on.

I got in touch with Refractors and was given the same story. While the story doesn't really make a lot of sense, he wasn't ducking me so as of now I take him at his word. I uploaded a screen shot of the package showing delivered to his residence to Paypal in my response to the claim. My 95.00 is still in limbo for the unforeseeable future.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Well I guess I should chime in now as well even though I think the OP jumped the gun a little bit calling RefractorsEtc out.

I am in the same situation. I sold a J. Blackmon White Whale to Refractors a couple of weeks ago. Card was received and positive I trader was left for it. I was in Walmart with my children, a couple of hanger boxes of 2013 Topps in hand, when I got an email that there was a case opened for the card. I dropped what I had and hurried home to find out was going on.

I got in touch with Refractors and was given the same story. While the story doesn't really make a lot of sense, he wasn't ducking me so as of now I take him at his word. I uploaded a screen shot of the package showing delivered to his residence to Paypal in my response to the claim. My 95.00 is still in limbo for the unforeseeable future.
Yes I knew I was kind of jumping the gun, but I was a bit concerned. On the seventeenth, he told me he'd let me know what happens with that call with his credit card company. Hasn't been online since. You'd think that if you'd have a dispute that you're eager to solve that you'd message that guy ASAP, so we will see.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

A bit scary his eBay ID is "stealingsecondcards"

And, that this person has disappeared and has not been on since the 17th.

With the amount of transactions they have taken in, this individual knows EXACTLY where and how to cancel out a dispute within their PayPal account.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
Yes I knew I was kind of jumping the gun, but I was a bit concerned. On the seventeenth, he told me he'd let me know what happens with that call with his credit card company. Hasn't been online since. You'd think that if you'd have a dispute that you're eager to solve that you'd message that guy ASAP, so we will see.
It is my understanding that when a customer files an unauthorized charge with a credit card that all recent purchases are disputed so that essentially the company can figure out what is fraudulent and what is legit. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Are you two "close" in real life or just on the internet?
Internet lol. Me and him exchange Maroney pictures all the time Actually thinking about it, he lost a bet to me for $10 and he hasn't paid me in 5 days Maybe he is scamming.
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*

2014 Grande Dream Count: 2
Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

No, that is not true. Only charges that you do not recognize are disputed. I worked in Customer Disputes with American Express years ago. It is only charges you do not recognize. Not the entire bill. Unless the whole bill is fraud.

Quote:
It is my understanding that when a customer files an unauthorized charge with a credit card that all recent purchases are disputed so that essentially the company can figure out what is fraudulent and what is legit. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
No, that is not true. Only charges that you do not recognize are disputed. I worked in Customer Disputes with American Express years ago. It is only charges you do not recognize. Not the entire bill. Unless the whole bill is fraud.
Well then, I don't know what the deal is. I have all pm's saved as well as a screenshot showing the item as being delivered. I grabbed a screenshot of the card in his bucket as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hopefully all will work out for you. However, depending on card history and relationship with that credit/charge card company, he could still win. Someone who knows the system and disputes it as fraud, the merchant will always lose unless the merchant can show proof of the actual card being swiped at point of sale. So, online purchases, the merchant/seller has a greater chance of losing a fraud claim unless the card was actually provided at the point of sale. If he would have disputed it as merchandise not received, there would be no worries as that you would be able to prove as incorrect.

EDIT: Then when card is provided at point of sale signature can be compared, etc.

Quote:
Well then, I don't know what the deal is. I have all pm's saved as well as a screenshot showing the item as being delivered. I grabbed a screenshot of the card in his bucket as well.

Last edited by yorkbag; 09-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
Don't anyone take this wrong, as I'm not insinuating(sp) anything with following comment. There was a certain high profile scammer here last year that also was "disputing" charges on his credit card that he was purchasing cards with. Seems to be a really odd situation. Good luck with the resolution.
Well Gary, that's the first thing that popped in my head too
Old 09-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

If you have tracking # entered and it shows delivered you will be fine.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
Old 09-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

hmmmm. if he was scamming, he picked the wrong members to do it to. It's got to be some stupid mixup.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

This is kind of the thing I was worrying about. Obviously you and I both know that he received his card. So you'd think that it would be his first priority to say "sorry" and cancel the claim against us since he knows it's invalid. Hmm...
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

He seems like a cool guy. And has 100% iTrader. But, there is something in this that smells fishy.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

it appears to me that this Paypal account belongs to a father, but the name on the shipping address is his teenage son.

Maybe the father is disputing the charge and the son is trying to act like he doesn't know what's going on?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
Well Gary, that's the first thing that popped in my head too
I believe that thread is gonzo. If I remember correctly, OP got blasted on that for even questioning anything. I wonder how many got "taken" that way and didn't even know it.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
it appears to me that this Paypal account belongs to a father, but the name on the shipping address is his teenage son.

Maybe the father is disputing the charge and the son is trying to act like he doesn't know what's going on?
What makes you say this?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

This would make sense. It's either that or a scam.

I can't believe you bought the PayPal hacked and opened random claims excuse rayray
Closed Thread