Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2
Default block this ebayer

save yourself the troubles and potential headaches by blocking ebay user id "wegotstock99"

Back when National Treasures first came out, I had listed my Kenneth Faried RPA on ebay and had countered the buyer with a higher offer of $475. To my surprise, the buyer accepted the offer however did not pay for the card until 4-5 days afterwards. During this time frame, other similar cards have sold in the $300s or less maybe, so I just figured that the buyer would not pay for it, but surprisingly, I received my money and I shipped off the card like I usually would.

2-3 weeks later, sometime in late August, early September, I received a UPS package that contained my Faried card. No letter was written, no communication was given to me from the buyer, etc. I inspected the card, it looks fine, no damage, so I figure the buyer just had buyers remorse and wanted to return the card.

Fast forward to the present, the buyer filed a chargeback with paypal, exactly 45 days after the card was originally bought. I believe 45 is the amount of time a buyer has to file a claim. I have sent this guy a couple messages already asking why the card was returned but I have not received a reply.

So essentially, I have lost out on a couple hundred bucks for the card. I'm glad I have the card back at least, but at least send me a message to let me know what happened. Instead, I just got my card back, no notice, just a chargeback. I feel that this was shady and bad business practice. If you have buyers remorse, at least have the decency to tell the seller EARLY on instead of waiting out 5-6 weeks.
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

This ebay user is famous for overpaying right away then returning cards he doesnt like.

He also been called out in the past for purchasing cards (90s inserts) in basketball in raw form then later returning them for refund when he doesnt get the grade he is looking for from BGS.

Although he is a heavy spender and buys at top dollars, he also is a headache as he is known for returning any and all cards he doesnt like after purchasing them.

He probably bought your Faried early to hedge quick rise in prices and quality patches. When it didnt work out that way and they went cheaper for premium patches, he returned the card for a refund as he found one cheaper or with a better patch.

Lots of topic / discussion on this this ebayer in the basketball section
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

really I spoke to this guy before he's on HK he has a lot of high end stuff.
Exquisite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Pretty pathetic. Sad how so many people abuse the system.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Shouldn't eBay do something about people who returns too many items?
And did he file credit card chargeback or Paypal case of item not as described?
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exquisite Man View Post
So what? Having money or high end stuff does not make you a decent person, in fact it's usually the opposite...

I've known of him, and what I've known generally hasn't been very good...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lol I went to block him and he was already on my list, don't even remember when I did it
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Shouldn't eBay do something about people who returns too many items?
And did he file credit card chargeback or Paypal case of item not as described?
he did both, he paid with credit card through paypal so it was a credit card chargeback for a case of item not described. Quite some BS.
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

ive heard similar stories about the ebay user in question and can only speak about the dealings ive had with them and never had any problems...have done several high end deals and all have gone flawlessly
hairytrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairytrojan View Post
ive heard similar stories about the ebay user in question and can only speak about the dealings ive had with them and never had any problems...have done several high end deals and all have gone flawlessly
Ditto here. I believe his name is Marc. For the most part, I've jst sold him graded stuff, but off the otp of my head I think I've done about $2-2.5 K and had zero problems..... the story at the top sounds pretty crappy though. I'd be pissed if it was me who sold it.
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

He did the same thing to me this week. Bought a NT Drexler Notable Nicknames.

The screwed up part about this is, the card is shipped to Florida, but gets returned to me from NY. I received the card back, no note, no reply from my messages on eBay or through email. I wasn't sure if there was some kind of shipping mistake or they just didn't want the card. So instead of messaging me back saying they want a refund, they just do a chargeback through PayPal. What a pain in my ass.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Wego is suhch a top payer. He would mind paying $475 on even a $20 card. Something might be wrong with the auction and the actual card. Can u post link of the actual auction and pics of the card right now back and front? If u have time thank you.
GoldenBoy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exquisite Man View Post
And what is that supposed to mean? Smh

This guy is a known shiller, and I hear nothing but bad things like this. Another cancer to our hobby.

Usually where there is high end involved, there is a money hungry person trying to destroy our hobby while making a dishonest buck. What else is new... Smh
Old 09-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Count me in the same boat as you guys with this "Wegotstock99" guy. Unfortunately, i'm getting ripped off though. he bought 2 items from me:

12-13 NATIONAL TREASURES IGUODALA / FARIED NBA LOGOMAN COMBOS DUAL PATCH 1/4

12-13 NATIONAL TREASURES ANTHONY DAVIS NOTABLE NICKNAMES AUTO 24/25

but only returned the Anthony Davis Notable Nicknames Auto.

He did the same thing to me. won both cards, paid, and everything seemed like normal. 2-3 weeks later. package from Brooklyn, NY when I shipped to Florida and boom, I get the Anthony Davis card returned. No message, no opened case, nothing. So I message him politely asking what's up and if he wants a refund for the card, that's cool, just let me know. I prefer not shooting money around without the buyer being aware but I get no response. I do a followup message and again, still no response. suddenly, I have a paypal case opened yesterday and it's a credit card chargeback for the ENTIRE amount due to the condition not being as described.

seriously, what we can do as sellers to protect ourselves from guys like this? I have no issues with giving him a refund on the card he sent back but now he's going for the full amount on both cards?! I mean doesn't ebay / paypal / his credit card company keep track of how many returns, chargebacks, and cases this guy is opening? I look at his feedback given and his last 200 feedbacks given alone, the guy has given out 46 negatives -- all with similar BS claims people sending defective or not as described items. 46!!! that's almost 1 out of every 4 feedbacks he's given. googling "wegotstock99" and all I get are similar forums posts about this guy ripping people off and no one, (not Ebay, Paypal, or his credit card company), will take action against this guy? this is ridiculous.
SkyFire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Just read the negs he leaves other sellers. Just from the comments it looks like a mess. I mean most of the comments are "Didnt send" and "Never recieved Item"

I mean if he is sending them back and doing chargebacks, you have to wonder why he leaves negs and claims he never got the item?

To much of a headache in my opinion. Ironically he is a great buyer to other forum members of a select forum. But outside of that, he sure takes a ton of people for bad transactions.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Just read the negs he leaves other sellers. Just from the comments it looks like a mess. I mean most of the comments are "Didnt send" and "Never recieved Item"

I mean if he is sending them back and doing chargebacks, you have to wonder why he leaves negs and claims he never got the item?

To much of a headache in my opinion. Ironically he is a great buyer to other forum members of a select forum. But outside of that, he sure takes a ton of people for bad transactions.
Maybe he is banking on tracking not working to get the items for free???
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

Based in what? Two people, one of which I've never heard of, saying they've had a good transaction with him? Not every single deal will be bad....
Hatred and jealousy is not a good look.

But yeah, this guy's methods are very shady to say the least. eBay/PayPal need to be called to look into and/or put a stop to him abusing the system.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Sportitupcards card relaxs man what do you do comment on all my post I'm just saying I heard of the guy before and know he's a high end collector so just relax.
Exquisite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Based in what? Two people, one of which I've never heard of, saying they've had a good transaction with him? Not every single deal will be bad....
Hatred and jealousy is not a good look.

But yeah, this guy's methods are very shady to say the least. eBay/PayPal need to be called to look into and/or put a stop to him abusing the system.
umm thanks for the instigator comment on hatred and jealousy. Not today. Its my dads birthday!! Be happy mon!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
umm thanks for the instigator comment on hatred and jealousy. Not today. Its my dads birthday!! Be happy mon!
Instigator? Geez you're a joke. You had a pop at an entire forum (that you're banned from and always like to be critical of...) and when I say to keep to the topic you say I'm instigating?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

I find it amazing that one person can do so many chargeback on credit card. The process was so long for me to even get the money back.

With so many chargebacks, should paypal or credit card company think this guy's account is stolen? lol

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

Not off a select forum. He is on this forum also and he goes to most shows. This is certainly not an hk thing bcuz he buys not only in person but everywhere online
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

So are you guys vouchIng for the guy? That's what it sounds like

Thanks for letting us know
Old 09-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
So are you guys vouchIng for the guy? That's what it sounds like

Thanks for letting us know
Well didn't you know... He deals in high end!!! Smh
Old 09-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Sold many cards to the buyer and never had any issues. Very surprised to read all this...
shnapper27 is offline   Reply With Quote