Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay NPB - He EARNED this one...

So I get a message on eBay from a person wanting to be allowed to bid on one of my items, but couldn't because of my buyer requirements. I checked, he's in the US and he's not -1 or less on feedback, actually he's over 1800 positive. So it must be NPB strikes. Mine is set to block any bidders with 2 or more NPBs in the last 6 months.

Normally at this point, I would tactfully tell him to pound sand, but there are extenuating circumstances. I've bought multiple items from him in the past on eBay, perfect transactions, fast shipping, well packaged, the works. So I decide to give him a pass and add his ID to my Buyer Requirements Exemption list. So, here is what happens:

9/10 - He wins the auction.
9/14 - I send an invoice, as a gentle reminder.
9/17 - I open the NPB case
9/21 - I close the case with no payment, and move his ID to my blocked bidder list.

How can you ask to be allowed to bid, then not pay? How can you be such an excellent seller, and be such a bad buyer? And how can you let yourself get ANOTHER NPB strike on an auction that totals (with free shipping) $3.33?

In case you are wondering, his eBay id is punx-star. Great seller, horrible buyer.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe he "buys" cards off of eBay, it helps increase the value of his cards...

Was it a rarer item that normally doesn't sell on eBay?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

What an oddity. punx-star may be a bit on the "odd" side. He sold an item for $70.00 a couple of weeks ago that would have easily sold for $700+.

This is a perfect example as to why I set all of my eBay sales to "immediate payment". All of my auctions are "buy now", and all require immediate payment to close out. Saves me from the hassle of folks that can close an auction, but can't take the extra step to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
So I get a message on eBay from a person wanting to be allowed to bid on one of my items, but couldn't because of my buyer requirements. I checked, he's in the US and he's not -1 or less on feedback, actually he's over 1800 positive. So it must be NPB strikes. Mine is set to block any bidders with 2 or more NPBs in the last 6 months.

Normally at this point, I would tactfully tell him to pound sand, but there are extenuating circumstances. I've bought multiple items from him in the past on eBay, perfect transactions, fast shipping, well packaged, the works. So I decide to give him a pass and add his ID to my Buyer Requirements Exemption list. So, here is what happens:

9/10 - He wins the auction.
9/14 - I send an invoice, as a gentle reminder.
9/17 - I open the NPB case
9/21 - I close the case with no payment, and move his ID to my blocked bidder list.

How can you ask to be allowed to bid, then not pay? How can you be such an excellent seller, and be such a bad buyer? And how can you let yourself get ANOTHER NPB strike on an auction that totals (with free shipping) $3.33?

In case you are wondering, his eBay id is punx-star. Great seller, horrible buyer.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Miracle View Post
Maybe he "buys" cards off of eBay, it helps increase the value of his cards...

Was it a rarer item that normally doesn't sell on eBay?
It was a Karel Roden autograph card from the 2004 Inkworks Hellboy set. I'm just irked that he asked to be allowed to bid, then didn't pay when he won. And Yorkbag, I enjoy auctions more than BIN. They're just more fun to me.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.

Last edited by Deathgate; 09-21-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

At least your situation requires people to ask
I do not ship to PO Boxes. Ebay allows you to BLOCK PO Boxes BUT.....the sellers can still bid. Pisses me off. I have 2 messages in my box right now "Hey, I won 290.00 in stuff but my mailing address is a PO Box, I can;t pay till you send me an invoice" It annoys me. I go the back up bidders and send them offers. Then I notify the buyer that he did not meet the requirements of the auction that are supported by ebay,then I get a neg, then I gotta call ebay and they have to remove the negs...it's a pain in the ass.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
At least your situation requires people to ask
I do not ship to PO Boxes. Ebay allows you to BLOCK PO Boxes BUT.....the sellers can still bid. Pisses me off. I have 2 messages in my box right now "Hey, I won 290.00 in stuff but my mailing address is a PO Box, I can;t pay till you send me an invoice" It annoys me. I go the back up bidders and send them offers. Then I notify the buyer that he did not meet the requirements of the auction that are supported by ebay,then I get a neg, then I gotta call ebay and they have to remove the negs...it's a pain in the ass.
Why would you not ship to a PO box? Living in a rural town, that is my only option to receive mail from the USPS.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Why would you not ship to a PO box? Living in a rural town, that is my only option to receive mail from the USPS.
I'd like to know the same. There is no mail delivery where I live, only PO Boxes...
Old 09-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

There is a massive loop hole to seller protection involving PO boxes. Been hit with it twice this year for a total of $4400
Suffice to say, I am not going to go into details