Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another eBay "winner" to block!!! teamsets4u

This guy bids on a set of mine, then informs me that he bid too high and wants the transaction canceled. I send him an invoice after the auction ends and I get this reply from him:

"We can go about this 2 ways:

1 - We can cancel the transaction
2 - I can pay for the item and then return it for a refund.

Which would you prefer?"

Do all of yourself a favor and block this headache!!!

If you're ripping and flipping EVERYTHING these days in the hopes of making money you're just pissing in the wind every 99 out of 100 cases. - BAMBAM
coltman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd just cancel the transaction. If you insist on completing the sale, you're going to get the item sent back to you, and more than likely you'll get a b.s. negative as well.
27tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Definitely cancel, and block them.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltman18 View Post
This guy bids on a set of mine, then informs me that he bid too high and wants the transaction canceled. I send him an invoice after the auction ends and I get this reply from him:

"We can go about this 2 ways:

1 - We can cancel the transaction
2 - I can pay for the item and then return it for a refund.

Which would you prefer?"

Do all of yourself a favor and block this headache!!!
Report it to ebay.

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice to only see one side of the story.

The other side.

Ebay would not let me retract the bid when I found that I had bid $99.00 on the set instead of $9.00

This message was sent thru ebay several hours before the auction closed.
Dear coltman18,

I am sorry but I just realized that I have bid an excessive amount on this set.
I would like for you to cancel my bid.
Thank you Jeff

This was send with about 90 minutes left in the auction.
Dear coltman18,

Sorry bidding for this time has gone much further that I will be able to purchase the item.
I thought when I bid on the item I bid $9.00 and would come back to see the price level near the ending when I discovered that I had bid $99.00. I tired to Retract it but it would not allow me too.
I thought if I bid again it would cancel both but it did not.
Please cancel my bid for I will not be completing this transaction.

Sorry about the mistake. I screwed up.
Jeff

This message was sent shortly after the auction ended when I received the invoice.

Dear coltman18,

You probable did not get my message in time.
I had emailed you before the end of the auction requesting that you cancel my bids.

I had mistakenly entered $99.00 as a bid and the the underbidder took this auction far beyond what I am willing to pay for the set.

Please agree to cancel the transaction.
Sorry Jeff

These messages all went unanswered.

Upon his request for payment a couple days later I did send the above response.

I did get an answer and here was his reply.

Dear teamsets4u,

Jeff,

Thank you for the email and your plans on this auction. I will be forwarding your message to my eBay rep today and talking with him on the phone tomorrow. I also belong to several different sports card community forms that I will be posting your messages on to inform others of your antics.

Any other replays will be considered harassment and will be forwarded onto eBay as well.

- coltman18

So it seems to me that he is more than willing to talk about this to anyone except me.
I have no intention of leaving a negative but why not just cancel the transaction and move on?
Teamsets4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Oh, so there was another side to this story...SMH.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

What is the auction number?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsets4u View Post

The other side.

Ebay would not let me retract the bid when I found that I had bid $99.00 on the set instead of $9.00

Dear coltman18,

Thank you Jeff

Dear coltman18,

Sorry bidding for this time has gone much further that I will be able to purchase the item.
I thought when I bid on the item I bid $9.00 and would come back to see the price level near the ending when I discovered that I had bid $99.00. I tired to Retract it but it would not allow me too.

Jeff

This message was sent shortly after the auction ended when I received the invoice.

Dear coltman18,

I had emailed you before the end of the auction requesting that you cancel my bids.

I had mistakenly entered $99.00 as a bid and the the underbidder took this auction far beyond what I am willing to pay for the set.

Sorry Jeff

Dear teamsets4u,

Jeff,

Thank you for the email and your plans on this auction. I will be forwarding your message to my eBay rep today and talking with him on the phone tomorrow. I also belong to several different sports card community forms that I will be posting your messages on to inform others of your antics.

Any other replays will be considered harassment and will be forwarded onto eBay as well.

- coltman18

So it seems to me that he is more than willing to talk about this to anyone except me.
I have no intention of leaving a negative but why not just cancel the transaction and move on?
This seams fair to me. Although when I see you already have 11 retractions it seems you may want to pay more attention to the numbers you are entering as well. I've seen much worse, but 11 is really too many.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

The other side.

Dear coltman18,

Thank you Jeff

Dear coltman18,

Jeff

Dear coltman18,

Sorry Jeff

Dear teamsets4u,

Jeff,

- coltman18

the drama continues

Last edited by jerryw; 09-22-2013 at 07:01 PM.
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

You bid on the item three times if I'm not mistaken. Why would you think that bidding again would cancel the your previous bids?

And I'm surprised eBay wouldn't let you retract you bids, considering you've done it 11 times the past 6 months. For that reason alone, I'm blocking you from my auctions.
Djameson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

The other side.

Dear coltman18,

Thank you Jeff

Dear coltman18,

Jeff

Dear coltman18,

Sorry Jeff

Dear teamsets4u,

Jeff,

- coltman18

Nice try. Check the bid history, you did retract the bid. Funny how you were still the high bidder. Then to send the email that you will pay and then just return the item... Good one!

If you're ripping and flipping EVERYTHING these days in the hopes of making money you're just pissing in the wind every 99 out of 100 cases. - BAMBAM
Old 09-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Nice try. Check the bid history, you did retract the bid. Funny how you were still the high bidder. Then to send the email that you will pay and then just return the item... Good one!

ooooohhhhhhh snap
Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

I hate threads that don't have all the info, so much for the mistake $99.00 bid.

e***e( 5419) Retracted: US $101.00
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Check the time stamps on the bids.

I bid $99.00 thinking it was $9.00 at 6:13 am that was not retracted.

The other bid that was retracted was made at 3:14 pm

Here is the bid history.

Member Id: teamsets4u( 5419Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) US $51.00
Sep-19-13 06:13:55 PDT

Member Id: n***o( 330Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $50.00
Sep-19-13 16:09:51 PDT
--
Member Id: n***o( 330Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $40.00
Sep-19-13 16:09:44 PDT
--
Member Id: n***4( 1429Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) US $25.00
Sep-19-13 11:47:42 PDT
--
Member Id: n***4( 1429Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) US $20.00
Sep-19-13 11:47:24 PDT
--
Member Id: u***u( 139Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $16.33
Sep-16-13 17:54:57 PDT
--
Member Id: n***o( 685Feedback score is 500 to 999) US $7.77
Sep-17-13 10:10:27 PDT
--
Member Id: n***o( 685Feedback score is 500 to 999) US $5.07
Sep-17-13 10:10:15 PDT
--
Starting Price US $0.99
Sep-16-13 17:01:14 PDT

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Everyone can see that a bid has been retracted, but only you and the seller can see the explanation

Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
Member Id: teamsets4u( 5419Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999) Retracted: US $101.00
Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: Sep-19-13 15:14:11 PDT
Retracted: Sep-19-13 15:14:28 PDT
Teamsets4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
This seams fair to me. Although when I see you already have 11 retractions it seems you may want to pay more attention to the numbers you are entering as well. I've seen much worse, but 11 is really too many.
I don't know about you, but I don't sit at my computer when auctions are ending... How is it my responsibility to cancel his bid? He sees some else is bidding, gets buyers remorse, now does not want to pay or reap the consequences of not paying for the item and I am suppose to understand and just cancel the transaction? Way too many eBayers pull this crap everyday, sorry, I am not doing it anymore!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I don't sit at my computer when auctions are ending... How is it my responsibility to cancel his bid? He sees some else is bidding, gets buyers remorse, now does not want to pay or reap the consequences of not paying for the item and I am suppose to understand and just cancel the transaction? Way too many eBayers pull this crap everyday, sorry, I am not doing it anymore!

take the loss to return shipping and the negative then....sometimes you just have to swallow your pride when it comes to scumbags
Old 09-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
When a bidder is up front and says "hey, I goofed" I would tend to give the benefit of the doubt. From his original statement there was obviously quite a bit more to the story than what you originally posted.

That being said, I didn't see that he did successfully retract on this auction the first time i looked. I'm not really for sure where I stand at this point.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
When a bidder is up front and says "hey, I goofed" I would tend to give the benefit of the doubt. From his original statement there was obviously quite a bit more to the story than what you originally posted.

That being said, I didn't see that he did successfully retract on this auction the first time i looked. I'm not really for sure where I stand at this point.
Sorry man, next time I will take 3 hours to type everything out for you so it also takes 2 hours to read it and understand it... Or would you be pissed because too much was wrote about the transaction?

The email came from him once he saw another bidder bidding on the item. Plain and simple, bidders remorse...

Old 09-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry man, next time I will take 3 hours to type everything out for you so it also takes 2 hours to read it and understand it... Or would you be pissed because too much was wrote about the transaction?

The email came from him once he saw another bidder bidding on the item. Plain and simple, bidders remorse...
Helps to have the whole story from both sides, but It seems both of you are having issues with that.

Spin it however you want though.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Helps to have the whole story from both sides, but It seems both of you are having issues with that.

Spin it however you want though.
No spin here, I wrote what was relivent. Does it matter that he emailed me when the price was getting bid up and after seeing the bid history and seeing there was a bid retraction from that bidder??? The answer should be "no."

Anyways, I am done responding to this thread... You all can do what you want, but wait till he pulls this same situation on you and see how you feel about it.

Chris

Old 09-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Retracting bids is a crime
AP4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Blocking them both.

Both are spinning and I am getting dizzy.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

what was the auction price when the $99 bid was made? from what I see it was @ $16 and change when a "$9 bid" was to be made and that makes no sense, and then to see you already retrated a $101 bid. was that supposed to be $10.01 or $1.01?

Is $51 overpaying considering the 2nd guy maxed out @$50?

you have to do a couple of clicks either on mobile or on the regular site before finalizing a bid so I'm not buying some of the story.

OP just cancel, try to sell to the next guy @ his $40 bid or just relist
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Doesn't it asked you to confirm your bid??

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote