Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Should I put this Paypal case to resolution? Blowout seller john0421

Ok. Here’s the situation. The seller is john0421 here on Blowout. I brought 4 lots from him. They were paid immediately on 10/3. Is the seller being honest or should I just send this to Paypal resolution?

Read from top to bottom:
QB lot #1 new and old

big football lot

arod jeter griffey bonds ryan and more

Yankees Lot

huge lot WITH STARS INSERTS ROOKIES

The first two football lots I received by 10/7. Large Flat Rate Priority Mail box with tracking. I got another box of Basketball cards, mainly 1989 Hoops, 1993 Stadium Club commons. The stars and rookies were taken out. Not even a second year Shaquille. No Kobe, one dinged Jordan. No rookies of Lebron, Wade, Bosch, Shaq, Kidd, Ray Allen. There were a lot of dinged commons and failed draft scrub inserts.

My message to him through Blowout 10/08:
Hi. I got a box yesterday. It was mainly football with a few Ken Griffeys and some assorted basketball. What other packages do you have in the mail for me?

His message to me through Blowout 10/08:
i told you there would be a box of football. glad you got it. tracking was not showing up. i have another box here waiting to be sent out. its the basketball one with all of the rookies and auto numbered stuff in it. its all addressed shipping has been paid, i just have to drop it off. i wanted to make sure you got that one. anyway, it will be dropped off at the post office in 15 minutes or so. then there is one more with baseball stuff in it also. ill get both of those out at the same time.

My message to him through Blowout 10/12:
I got a box in the mail yesterday with basketball. Is there another box on the way?

His message to me through Blowout 10/12:
yes sir. they should have gone out at the same time therefor gotten to you at the same time. i will ask to be sure.

My message to him through Blowout 10/15:
Hi. It’s Tuesday and I haven’t gotten the other box yet with the baseball cards. Please let me know what’s happening with it. Thanks.

His message to me through Blowout 10/16:
it should have been there by now. apologies on the delay. my wife said she would drop it off for me at the post office last week. ill ask her and reply today.

My message to him through Blowout 10/17:

Hi. I didn’t get a package today. Can I get an update on it please? Thanks.

His message to me through Blowout 10/17:
hi apologies for not responding sooner. my wife took them to post office before she went to work. i only had shipping for one box. i figured she would sent it out and just pay for it. she put it back in the truck covered it up and went to work. after 13 hours at a hospital it was not on the forefront of her mind. i didnt hear from you right away, so i knew no different. i went out there last night when she got home and there it was under a blanket. so i opened the box up and tossed in a few vintage graded cards for your troubles. 1960s i think. i took it to the post office 20 mins ago. the whole online selling and trading is new to me so im learning as i go. thanks for the patience.

My message to him through Blowout 10/22:
Hi. Do you have a tracking number for the package? The previous ones were sent Priority Mail and got here in three days. If you sent the last package on Friday, it should have been here Monday or today the latest. I would like to track it so I know when to expect it. Thanks.

His message to me through Blowout 10/22:
i had a few packages go out the same day. issues with all of them from what i am seeing. im going down to the post office tomorrow morning.

My message to him through Blowout 10/23:
Any word on the package? Didn’t get anything today. I hate to keep bothering you but it’s been about 20 days. Let me know please.

His message to me through Blowout 10/23:
we have an interim post master of whatever theyre called. our regular post master’s mother went into hospice. whatever that is. anyway im supposed to put a return address on the box per the rules. i didnt. they know who i am. they could have written it for me but “its not his job” my apologies. honestly. ive never had so many issues shipping before.

Do you know when it was actually shipped out?

should have been tonight with the rest of the packages. youll know its from me. the box is like packed packed full. i tossed a bunch of extra stuff in there for you. kinda trying to make up for it. also im getting a MASSIVE collection of baseball in in a few days. i need all the room i can get. there are some extra vintage cards in there some factory sealed sub sets some promo stuff.

Priority Mail? I can expect it Friday?

whatever box i sent it in last time is what i used again.

My message to him through Blowout 10/28:
Hey. I just got my mail today and still no package. Everytime I ask for a tracking number, you don’t provide one. Can I please get a tracking number? You said it was sent the same way as the other packages last time which was Priority Mail. It went out last Wednesday and I should have gotten it Friday. I waited til today to see if it would come and still nothing. Please send me the tracking number.

I open a paypal case early this morning. It's amazing how fast people respond once a Paypal case opens.
His email message to me 10/30:
hey whats wrong here? seriously?
i get back online and there is an open case here. we had a storm and our modem was burned out. we needed a new one. im not able to go online for a few days and here i am. give me a call. xxx-xxx-xxxx.

My email message to him 10/30:
I’m not calling. Everything can be done through Paypal.

His email message to me 10/30:
my paypal account is frozen now because of this dispute. i need to get it rectified today as the money in the account is for my kids school halloween party tomorrow. i sent out that box to you last week as i said i did. but, i have went and put another box together for you. meaning i am in the process of doing it now. its a medium rate box.

My email message to him 10/30:
Why don’t you give me a tracking number for the old box?
Reply to the Paypal case. I am not emailing anymore. Do not email me.

His Paypal Resolution response to me 10/30:
i have another box to send to you. just as i said i did. i didnt use tracking last week, but will now.
and i also told you, i had a storm last weekend. i had no internet until this morning. i dont have a fancy phone with internet or anything. i got a new modem this morning fedex and talked to you immediately. so its not a matter of no response i simply couldnt.

My Paypal Resolution response to him 10/30:
What will be in this box? I don’t just want random cards. I want the cards that are owed to me. I want the cards that are due from the listings.

the box i sent last week i didnt use tracking on as i had the first 2. i was in a hurry and just dropped it off. that was my fault. i have another box here the same as the first 2 thaT i had sent you. i cant say weather or not you got the box or not. i am taking you at your word that you didnt.
i have the extra graded cards i promised. there are a handful of them. there are a pile of like 50 or 60 jeter and a rod cards. various ones. barry bonds. some misc. refractors. some misc baseball numbered cards a couple of numbered/auto baseball cards they are not just random cards. if i am missing anything please tell me.

What will be in this box? I don’t just want random cards. I want the cards that are owed to me. I want the cards that are due from the listings.

i have the extra graded cards i promised. there are a handful of them. there are a pile of like 50 or 60 jeter and a rod cards. various ones. barry bonds. some misc. refractors. some misc baseball numbered cards a couple of numbered/auto baseball cards they are not just random cards. if i am missing anything please tell me.

How is it possible you have already sent this “package” out last week and still have the cards available to send me? I’ve checked the weather reports for your area. At no time was there any precipitation or storm until today. I don’t even want the cards now. All I’ve been getting are lies and delays.

Plainfield Month Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for WI 54966

This is from accuweather. Historical data from 10/19 - 10/30. ( ) is the precipitation in inches.

Sat 10/19/2013 48° 26° (0.05) in 0 in 55° 36°

Sun 10/20/2013 42° 28° (0.05) in 0 in 55° 36°

Mon 10/21/2013 37° 31° (0.00) in 0 in 54° 35°

Tue 10/22/2013 43° 25° (0.00) in 0 in 54° 35°

Wed 10/23/2013 38° 22° (0.00) in 0.0 in 54° 35°

Thu 10/24/2013 40° 30° (0.00) in 0 in 53° 34°

Fri 10/25/2013 48° 27° (0) in 0 in 53° 34°

Sat 10/26/2013 48° 37° (0) in 0 in 52° 34°

Sun 10/27/2013 52° 25° (0) in 0 in 52° 33°

Mon 10/28/2013 40° 19° (0) in 0 in 51° 33°

Tue 10/29/2013 40° 19° (0) in 0 in 51° 33°

Wed 10/30/2013 55° 50° (0.4) in 0 in Warmer; a shower in the p.m. 50°

All Priority Mail packages have tracking on them. It’s built into the price, The tracking number is on the receipt.

i dont know what the accuweather has to do with anything, so you have the temperatures. there is no storm now even its just cold thats all. i have not lied about anything at all. i never said there was a rain storm either. you are the one that labeled it not me.
i know. the package that i mailed out last week i didnt use priority shipping. i put stamps on it and put it out to the post. thats it. i have no reason to lie at all its not something to lie about. if i have problems simply tell you what issues i am having and work with you rather than against you as you seem like a reasonable person.. i have never had issues before until now.

All I have been getting are excuses. If it was sent Priority Mail, it would have gotten here by now. I have been very reasonable and I have waited patiently since Oct 3rd, when I paid for the cards. It’s 27 days later now and I still haven’t received it.

i understand all of it. honestly i do. youre not happy i understand. i have had that same issue with sellers before in the past but never when i am the seller. i need this resolved for peace of mind. i am on the way to the post office in 20 mins or so to drop off 2 other packages and can take your with me. then another 10 to come back with shipping/tracking.
the box is not sealed yet, so i can take pics of cards i am sending to you even or add to it to make up for the troubles. i am not above admitting when i am wrong or trying to make up for it.so what can i do to make it better?

The weather has everything to do with it. You said there was a storm and your modem was knocked out. Accuweather clearly shows there was no storm in your area in the past two weeks. All I have been handed are excuses. I understand when things go wrong and I was very considerate with the first few but then they just kept piling on. It says your last log into Blowout was 1:38am on 10/29. I sent you a message on 10/28 asking for tracking and it was ignored. It wasn’t until last night that I finally opened a Paypal case. And only then did you respond. If your internet was down since the weekend, how did you log in at 1:38 on 10/29?
I just want this to be resolved too but I fear that if you do send something, it will not be accurate and the cards that I want, pictures or not. I will put this case to Paypal resolution and I will win because through all your statements, they can clearly see that you are at fault.

my wife had my tablet at her work. that could be the only way. she works at a hospital. it sure wasnt me.
if it goes to pay pal resolution it will be resolved in 30 days. so that is where we will leave it then. the choice was yours to make and you have made it. i offer a resolution now you choose to not take it.
My-Coolectibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

To me, the bottom line is that after almost a month you still don't have your cards. Proceed with the claim. This is really cut and dry.
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Threads state "ships today." Liar from the start.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I tend to be very trusting as a buyer because as a seller, I conduct my business with 100% integrity. I ship fast, I throw in freebies, I provide tracking, I ship insured and I communicate. I'd like to think that most sellers conduct business honestly but lately it doesn't seem that way.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I thought you were communicating with a 15 year with poor English.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

excuse after excuse after excuse (after lie after lie after lie). You handled this perfectly IMO, and now is the time to crack down.

This seller needs to take a break from cards and focus on his middle school homework instead.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

LMAO@ the extended forecast

Good job OP you did the right thing...hope you get your $$ back
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

wow, just another member to look out for. The stuff I read in this section blows my mind sometimes. You handled it well like everyone else has said. As a fairly new member around here I try to make sure I send my stuff out in 1-2 days, securely packaged and with tracking. If I was sending out huge boxes of cards I would make damn sure I had insurance and tracking and the whole nine yards. Good luck with your claim. I hope everything turns out well for you.

On a side note, why do people still use scotch tape when taping the tops of toploaders? I hate that. Painters tape or masking tape should be used!!! Ugghhhhh
Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just saw your thread and my heart sank because I had the same type of experience with that idiot! I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he eventually sent me all the cards but it was like pulling teeth. Same type of excuses about his wife mailing or that he didn't live close to the post office. Waited 3 weeks for the cards but didn't know if this was neg worthy. Some of the reason I didn't leave him a negative was because it was one of those "this is too good to be true" type of deals. An "un-searched" lot of 84 and 85 Topps baseball cards which didn't have many stars or even minor stars. He did send me a few stars on the second batch but it wasn't much.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Neg the bastage
Post so he knows this is here and then make sure you make a reference to it in future postings.

He lied (If you are posting verbatim)
That's the one thing worse than stealing.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Someone should make a thread with all the people not to make deals with
ccoffee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffee99 View Post
Someone should make a thread with all the people not to make deals with
Its been done but either doesnt get updated or someone pulls an imac and gets it deleted.

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

John0421 jmessage to me 10/31:
do what you feel you have to. it can take up to 30 days for you to get the money back, and since you have decided to behave this way i will make sure all of the 30 days is used. after all we need to make sure due diligence is used.

My message to John0421 10/31:
Are you serious? I've been nothing but patient with you. The money doesn't even matter to me. It's the principal of it all. I wasn't the one complaining about my Paypal account being frozen and unable to access funds for a Halloween party. The fact that another person confirmed on the post that you've done this before doesn't bode well for you. I don't want anymore cards from you because I don't know if I will ever get them.

as i said thats fine. i had them ready to be sealed up and to go out the door. you chose not to take it. its fine. i understand.

My message to John0421 10/31:
Why don't you post in the thread and explain your side of the situation?

not even worth it is it? you have put it out there and now the court of the public has made it out to be a mob scene. so you all can have a camp fire and sit and complain to each other all you want. i have much better things to do than sit and argue about it where it will be a group against me. so, no i will pass. if you all care oh so much about all of this then have at it as i will bow out of the conversation.

Last edited by My-Coolectibles; 10-30-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Man, going all Accuweather on his a$$! Classic!

But yeah, I saw his thread and was tempted but it just seemed kind of...off. Glad I passed but sorry he has jerked you around so long.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Great job OP. You have most definitely done the right thing. Hopefully this gets resolved for you quickly.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #16 (permalink)

Wow...what a piece of trash
Old 10-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
Man, going all Accuweather on his a$$! Classic!

But yeah, I saw his thread and was tempted but it just seemed kind of...off. Glad I passed but sorry he has jerked you around so long.
The knew that once I opened a Paypal case, he would answer. And he did this morning. Then I got the whole "storm" excuse and that is is what really made me upset. We all know there's historical data on weather and this proved there was no rain. The best part is when he said "i never said there was a rain storm either. you are the one that labeled it not me." And then the excuse about his wife logging on through his tablet when he had no modem. There's only so many lies a person can take.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

I don't know you OP, but after bringing the weather out on him. I'm a big fan now. Pure epic. *Stands & Applauds* Bravo.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Its a sad state of affairs when someone has to look at the weather in someones area to prove they are lying.

Is this what it has come too?

Thanks for the heads up OP, this clown is blocked.

The part that bugs me the most is him saying he is gonna drag the claim out as long as possible.

Douches like this should be insta banned.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

Douches like this should be insta banned.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #21 (permalink)

I put the Paypal case to resolution last night. I think my chances of winning are pretty good. I put a link to this thread and he had already buried himself with his comments about dragging out the case.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #22 (permalink)

off to the ignore list he goes

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:35 AM   #23 (permalink)

This pathological liar did the same thing to me a few months ago. Totally ripped me off, after I sent everything I said I would according to our 'deal'. He seems to have disappeared, or is operating under another name. I sent him cash, plus cards he needed, plus a wax box of Pro Set, and he sent me a few cards, of which one or two were cards I could use. Exactly like he did to My_Coolectibles.
ratfinkrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #24 (permalink)

leave neg also, what a loser. If you can't do business correctly, then don't do it at all
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
leave neg also, what a loser. If you can't do business correctly, then don't do it at all

^^^^this....just makes too much sense.