Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Member Sales/Trade Feedback (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/)
-   -   Gobble Gobble Ho Ho Ho.......'Tis the season (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/608046-gobble-gobble-ho-ho-ho-tis-season.html)

obadger 11-01-2013 11:24 AM

Gobble Gobble Ho Ho Ho.......'Tis the season

Just a friendly reminder about the upcoming Holidays. Tis the season for money grabbing scams.
There will be plenty of selling threads of......"Need Paypal ASAP", for needing to buy presents, plane tickets to grannies house, etc etc.
There are always signs of POSSIBLE issues:

Too good to be true prices.
Asking for gift payments.
Trading WAY in your favor.
Newer members asking you to send first on high-ends.

Then shipping. Many excuses will be made about shipping because of the holiday USPS volume of mail. Always make sure you use and receive active tracking on items.

Of course, I'm not saying everyone will be a scammer, but please be aware of who you are dealing with. Be patient and smart with B/S/T's. If your heart says go for it, but head says differently, make the right decision.

I won't speak for other members, but if anyone has any questions or would like another opinion on a proposed deal that you're working on, my inbox is always open.

Be smart, be safe and all together now...............NEVER EVER SEND GIFT PAYMENT!!!!!!!! Good luck and Happy Holidays to all members :)!

hanstess 11-01-2013 12:48 PM

Classic! Happy Holidays

DanShakespeare 11-01-2013 01:15 PM

Great thread, Gary!

I know alot of these threads of "Need quick cash" or "Going on Vacation" sales scare the hell out of me. I tend to not even open them because I have seen so many of them threads go south quick.

huskerman47 11-01-2013 01:26 PM

great reminder gary.

oldgoldy97 11-01-2013 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=obadger;5988940]Just a friendly reminder about the upcoming Holidays. Tis the season for money grabbing scams.
There will be plenty of selling threads of......"Need Paypal ASAP", for needing to buy presents, plane tickets to grannies house, etc etc.
There are always signs of POSSIBLE issues:

Too good to be true prices.
Asking for gift payments.
Trading WAY in your favor.
Newer members asking you to send first on high-ends.

[B]Then shipping. Many excuses will be made about shipping because of the holiday USPS volume of mail. Always make sure you use and receive active tracking on items.[/B]

Of course, I'm not saying everyone will be a scammer, but please be aware of who you are dealing with. Be patient and smart with B/S/T's. If your heart says go for it, but head says differently, make the right decision.

I won't speak for other members, but if anyone has any questions or would like another opinion on a proposed deal that you're working on, my inbox is always open.

Be smart, be safe and all together now...............NEVER EVER SEND GIFT PAYMENT!!!!!!!! Good luck and Happy Holidays to all members :)![/QUOTE]

I wanted to do a group break of a product but then saw that it was coming out in December which is my busiest time of year. I didn't want to be one of those people who can't get stuff shipped in time so I had to pass. Too bad everyone doesn't plan or care like they should.

yorkbag 11-01-2013 02:43 PM

Please feel free to contact me at anytime via PM if you need for me to verify any individual you will be sending payment(s) to. Everyone stay safe and SMART this Holiday season :)

MetDude 11-01-2013 04:04 PM

Thanks for the reminder but I am disappointed.
Based on the title I was hoping for something significantly more risque.

ricksam 11-02-2013 02:49 PM

good thread

revil41 11-02-2013 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=MetDude;5990419]Thanks for the reminder but I am disappointed.
Based on the title I was hoping for something significantly more risqué.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=black][B]Me too I saw[/B][/COLOR] [B]Gobble Gobble Ho Ho Ho for $40.00, but I was reading two different post and combining them :eek:[/B]

bdrr 11-05-2013 07:07 PM

WE JEWS DON'T HAVE MAILING ISSUES THIS DECEMBER.

Suckers.

bjs852 11-05-2013 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=bdrr;6016239]WE JEWS DON'T HAVE MAILING ISSUES THIS DECEMBER.

Suckers.[/QUOTE]

This has me dying...LOL...Post of the week!

Ray27Ray52 11-05-2013 07:59 PM

Suckers.[/QUOTE]

Take a bow sir. You just won the internet today.

bballcollector 11-05-2013 08:18 PM

Suckers.[/QUOTE]

Classic. Lol.

Clarka3 11-05-2013 08:27 PM

Suckers.[/QUOTE]

very true- but don't you guys get hit with a double whammy at Thanksgiving?

sunsfan8 11-05-2013 08:27 PM

Suckers.[/QUOTE]

You have won 5 turkeys. Huzzah! :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:

Cactuspies 11-06-2013 02:08 PM

Gotta love that hebrew calendar. I'm glad we gave up gifts years ago and just send cards.

Also this thread should be a sticky!

It gets nasty for me when my birthday falls during passover/easter

:turkey:

epic23 12-19-2013 10:18 AM

bump.........

smackvay 12-19-2013 11:39 AM

blocked thanks;)

ageofreason13 12-19-2013 12:07 PM

I nominate this thread for the Haiku award this year:

[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-singles-buy-sell-trade/628623-2013-bowman-draft-autos-fs.html[/url]