Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 57
Default calling out a seller.....

Posted Keenum SPA for $31, someone takes it and then wont honor price right after second TD.

Keenum SPA auto f/s

Seller: bbyandy515
MakeItHappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,598
Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900
Default

Are you for real right now? Did anybody actually pay for the card here? Was paypal info provided? OMG price just jumped again there's TD #3
__________________
need to update but here's my bucket: s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/dustin9900/
Teams I collect: Atlanta Braves, South Carolina Gamecocks
Players I collect: Sidney Rice, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr., Nolan Ryan
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,729
Default

OP you are way out of line.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
tamar3504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Parent's Basement
Posts: 2,208
Default

He is looking great. I would probably cry if I missed out on his SPA for only $31. Then again I am a bit of a complainer. We should be friends.
tamar3504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 9,216
Default

Another useless thread from a useless new member. Thanks for the heads up on a guy deciding who he wants to sell his own property to.
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
QuinEarlyDoucet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 5,675
Default

Make it Happen didnt make it happen and now he is salty, OP you are off to a good start !
__________________
Pending,wisportsnut77,cubkings, 315beardmafia, dtsportscards, bosshardy202
QuinEarlyDoucet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
dhendrix1303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,402
Default

Welcome to Loserville. Population : OP
__________________
Buying:
1995 Atlanta Braves autos
Smoltz, Glavine, and Maddux auto picture
dhendrix1303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
Welcome to Loserville. Population : OP
cool story clown.
MakeItHappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItHappen View Post
cool story clown.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,146
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

I think I can actually hear the op crying through my screen
__________________
Collecting High End Steelers
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
hoopster3977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upper Peninsula
Posts: 2,612
Default

hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,164
Default

Wrong... a deal isn't final until the seller confirms. A posted price is an invitation to contract, not an offer. It's not something you can accept. If you say, "I'll take it," that's the offer (at the given price). The seller must accept that offer for there to be a deal. Doesn't matter what the posted sale price was, he can raise it any time he wants before he accepts an offer.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Mikegioseffi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: From Boston but married southern bell so I'm stuck in Nashville
Posts: 8,156
Default

^^^THIS ^^^^
__________________
http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/mikegioseffi/library/?sort=3&page=1
PC TOM BRADY HIGH END AUTOS,
always looking to buy star autos for 80-90% ebay
feel free to PM me if selling
Mikegioseffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Wrong... a deal isn't final until the seller confirms. A posted price is an invitation to contract, not an offer. It's not something you can accept. If you say, "I'll take it," that's the offer (at the given price). The seller must accept that offer for there to be a deal. Doesn't matter what the posted sale price was, he can raise it any time he wants before he accepts an offer.
Just to spit ball some...wouldn't the seller already be accepting of the offer since it was his posted offer?

It wasn't someone asking for a cheaper price, rather agreeing to what the seller himself set as the price.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
dhendrix1303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItHappen View Post
cool story clown.
__________________
Buying:
1995 Atlanta Braves autos
Smoltz, Glavine, and Maddux auto picture
dhendrix1303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 4,451
Default

Maybe I think differently. If a card is listed for said price and someone posts I will take it. Pretty much seems like the deal should be completed. Its not a card that had been listed days, weeks or months that someone forgot to bump. The cards was bumped then 17 mins later someone said they would take it. If this card was not sold on eBay today. Its bs. It's stuff like this on Blowout that pisses people off. If it happened to one of your boys from a new member you guys would be all over him.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 4,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Just to spit ball some...wouldn't the seller already be accepting of the offer since it was his posted offer?

It wasn't someone asking for a cheaper price, rather agreeing to what the seller himself set as the price.
Ok. You think like me also.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,265
Default

im with the OP, freeman and babyface.
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Maybe I think differently. If a card is listed for said price and someone posts I will take it. Pretty much seems like the deal should be completed. Its not a card that had been listed days, weeks or months that someone forgot to bump. The cards was bumped then 17 mins later someone said they would take it. If this card was not sold on eBay today. Its bs. It's stuff like this on Blowout that pisses people off. If it happened to one of your boys from a new member you guys would be all over him.
Strongly agree with bold part.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodey14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,823
Default

I dont see the issue here. Move on
__________________
Looking for and buying any and all Ken Andersons I need and I am even looking for numerous doubles.

** Looking for 1953 Bowman Color PSA 5 or better cards **
Whodey14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Just to spit ball some...wouldn't the seller already be accepting of the offer since it was his posted offer?

It wasn't someone asking for a cheaper price, rather agreeing to what the seller himself set as the price.
To play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, what if someone has a Case Keenum from a week ago FS, someone finds the thread and then says I'll take it (let's assume seller still has it), should the seller honor it? Price has changed since then and the seller has every right to decline an acceptance an offer. Maybe seller doesn't like the buyer, whatever the reason the seller can refuse to sell to a buyer in my eyes. Until PayPal information is exchanged, no deal is done.
AllenWilliams87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenWilliams87 View Post
To play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, what if someone has a Case Keenum from a week ago FS, someone finds the thread and then says I'll take it (let's assume seller still has it), should the seller honor it? Price has changed since then and the seller has every right to decline an acceptance an offer. Maybe seller doesn't like the buyer, whatever the reason the seller can refuse to sell to a buyer in my eyes. Until PayPal information is exchanged, no deal is done.
There's been so many different versions of when a deal is done and when it isn't done.

The seller can do whatever they want obviously. I wanted to add that it sounds like sour grapes from the OP missing out on a card.

But to me, if a seller writes a price down, and someone takes it...it's the same as hitting BIN on eBay.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
romo2austin2dez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Downey,CA
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenWilliams87 View Post
To play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, what if someone has a Case Keenum from a week ago FS, someone finds the thread and then says I'll take it (let's assume seller still has it), should the seller honor it? Price has changed since then and the seller has every right to decline an acceptance an offer. Maybe seller doesn't like the buyer, whatever the reason the seller can refuse to sell to a buyer in my eyes. Until PayPal information is exchanged, no deal is done.
But if you see the seller bump the thread Today right on time for game time and 17 min. later the dude said he will take the card. That means the seller changed his mind in 17 min hahaaha
__________________
Always looking for Dallas Cowboys NFL Shields
And Miles Austin Collect Everything # cards, patchs,1/1's,Autos!!!
romo2austin2dez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
romo2austin2dez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Downey,CA
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
There's been so many different versions of when a deal is done and when it isn't done.

The seller can do whatever they want obviously. I wanted to add that it sounds like sour grapes from the OP missing out on a card.

But to me, if a seller writes a price down, and someone takes it...it's the same as hitting BIN on eBay.
i agree with this.
__________________
Always looking for Dallas Cowboys NFL Shields
And Miles Austin Collect Everything # cards, patchs,1/1's,Autos!!!
romo2austin2dez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 9,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
There's been so many different versions of when a deal is done and when it isn't done.

The seller can do whatever they want obviously. I wanted to add that it sounds like sour grapes from the OP missing out on a card.

But to me, if a seller writes a price down, and someone takes it...it's the same as hitting BIN on eBay.
I get your point.

But what if the seller had it on Ebay BIN OBO and he accepted an offer for higher than his offering price on BO. That may have been what happened.
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.