Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
I think the point is being missed. "Estan" royally screwed up. What is done is done. Hopefully, a valuable lesson has been learned on both sides. We are not banks. I do think this thread will teach "Estan" a lesson and for anyone else that is making a deal or deals that they do not have the money to make. It's all just lessons. I think he's been "crucified" enough and the point within this thread has been made and forever notated.
Yes, Estan is a modern day Jesus.

I hope you've learned your lesson, young man. But I'm sure you have. $500 is but a trifle to learn a valuable lesson.

Please take your proselytizing to the appropriate forums.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #52 (permalink)

atleast we all lol'd at him selling the card on here thinking no one would know it wasn't paid for...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #53 (permalink)

ESTAN.. PM incoming!
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #54 (permalink)

Congratulations, ESTAN, I think you've won this month's Sacko Bowl.
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post

I hope you've learned your lesson, young man. But I'm sure you have. $500 is but a trifle to learn a valuable lesson.

Had to look that up. Good word.
SK40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the point is being missed. "Estan" royally screwed up. What is done is done. Hopefully, a valuable lesson has been learned on both sides. We are not banks. I do think this thread will teach "Estan" a lesson and for anyone else that is making a deal or deals that they do not have the money to make. It's all just lessons. I think he's been "crucified" enough and the point within this thread has been made and forever notated.
[IMG][/IMG]

Really? It isn't "all lessons". Houdini is out $500. Where I come from when you buy something that you know you can't pay for that is theft. Estan then took the additional step of trying to sell the items which is an added step of furtherance of the theft. That isn't a "lesson" but a crime. "Crucified enough"? What? Do you realize that there is a real victim here? This wasn't just a harmless ooops. Houdini has an actual verifiable loss. At the very least this pos needs to be banned. I would love to see him charged as well but spare me the BS leave Brittany alone act. Maybe you should try siding with the victim and not the crook. You've taken the wrong side and it speaks to your character or more correctly, lack of.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
No, we grew up in the same society. I came from a home where you were "beat" when what you did was wrong. Did the beatings make me a better person? I sure, hope so. And, that I do not repeat that behavior with the new generation and "beat" them. I think the bigger lesson in this thread is to not extend credit. Folks that need an extension of credit, obviously do not have the money to begin with and should not be here attempting to purchase things that they do not have the funds for. This member "Estan" is now known within the community and the thread and caution of future dealings is duly notated. This is again a lesson that we are not banks, and we should not extend "credit" to those that beg and make promises.
In the end, only some people would know not to deal with this member because of his antics. New members and veteran members will still do transactions with this guy unknowingly of his background. I would not be surprised if his name ends up back here in a newer thread tbh. Not every one checks this area of the forum that frequently.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
In the end, only some people would know not to deal with this member because of his antics. New members and veteran members will still do transactions with this guy unknowingly of his background. I would not be surprised if his name ends up back here in a newer thread tbh. Not every one checks this area of the forum that frequently.
Not if they make him send first for a few years, besides at least once a week people will bring it up. But honestly he should get booted for taking advantage of another member.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #59 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Oh sure. Bring religion into the thread so it will get deleted.

Damn hippy Jive :turkey:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
MISTAKES HELP US DISCOVER WHO WE ARE
With every mistake that we make we discover more and more about ourselves, about who we are, about our limits, about our capabilities, about what we can and cannot do. They help us be more compassionate and more tolerant with ourselves and others.

LIFE LESSONS – MISTAKES TEACH US VALUABLE LIFE LESSONS
By making mistakes we will in fact learn valuable life lessons and we will become a happy learner. There is so much we can all learn from our mistakes, and the moment we see them as lessons rather than mistakes, we will no longer have this crazy fear of encountering them along the journey.

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. ~ Al Franken

FORGIVENESS – MISTAKES TEACH US HOW TO FORGIVE
One of the greatest lesson you will learn from making mistakes is forgiveness. With every mistake that you’ll make, you will learn how important it is to forgive yourself and many of the people around you. You will understand that you are not perfect and that perfection doesn’t really exist, only our intentions of doing our best. And who wants to be perfect anyways? Perfection leaves no room for improvement.
The only thing missing from this post was the pulpit and Estan weeping at his side.
So you try and sell a card from a purchase you didn't pay for and this is supposed to be some "lesson learned"? How do you come up with that kind of thinking? I am sure that would go nice in a police report, "suspect did not pay for an item but tried to sell it. He will learn a good lesson and will not do it again and will learn from it". That is what is wrong with society, too many people out there taking advantage of someone’s good will and the bleeding hearts of society letting them go because "he can learn a valuable lesson" mentality. This was not a "mistake" he simply did not pay for an item purchased on another site and he tried to sell a card on BO that was not rightfully his.

I do agree that nobody is perfect and we can only do our best but knowing you cannot pay for something doesn't take perfection.
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #61 (permalink)

agree with above statements by Tarajesta and JMSCoggin , only lesson learned here is Houdini was too trusting and should know better now ,that one really cannot be that trusting when it comes to anything at all,
as far as Estan well I have read the entire thread and it is my belief he knew excactly what he was doing when he asked for the credit in Housini's Break , he knew when he could not make the mark and come up with the money and very much knew what he was doing by posting the break win card(s) for sale in B/S/T forum < this here is the nail in the coffin , he should of just contacted Houdini and came clean and told Houdini he did not have the money going into the deal and was not able to make it like he thought , yet he took it one step further and posted a card for sale , he did not even own or pay for yet
Old 11-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb_jr View Post
Are you an adult? I mean, anyone who doesn't have at least $500 in their bank account shouldn't be buying ANYTHING except for basic needs i.e. food, clothing, shelter, gas. Why the hell would you make a discretionary purchase when you have no discretionary income? Not to mention one you knew would result in an almost guaranteed loss? It sounds like something a degenerate gambler would do. If that's the case, there is help out there.

Apologies are nice, but you deserve every bit of the heat for this. "Sorry" is a good start, but it doesn't solve the problem. At a minimum, you should be hustling your rear off to come up with that money ASAP and pray you can salvage what's left of your reputation. Furthermore, I suggest you have someone else manage your funds for a while until you can make better decisions. Maybe you need a wife? It works for some of us

This is so true. Sometimes I think I would be lost without my wife lol.
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerscards View Post
as far as Estan well I have read the entire thread and it is my belief he knew excactly what he was doing when he asked for the credit in Housini's Break , he knew when he could not make the mark and come up with the money and very much knew what he was doing by posting the break win card(s) for sale in B/S/T forum < this here is the nail in the coffin , he should of just contacted Houdini and came clean and told Houdini he did not have the money going into the deal and was not able to make it like he thought , yet he took it one step further and posted a card for sale , he did not even own or pay for yet
This...should come across with whatever houdini lacks in gettinf back to being even.

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #64 (permalink)

Donde están el dinero ESTAN?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #65 (permalink)

calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #66 (permalink)

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post

lol , where's my 2 dollars , lol
Old 11-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #68 (permalink)

The sad fact there are a lot of cardboard junkies out there and like all addicts they will lie, cheat, and steal to get their fix. Extending credit to anyone for wax is a big risk, especially when you don't know if they are one of these junkies.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
The sad fact there are a lot of cardboard junkies out there and like all addicts they will lie, cheat, and steal to get their fix. Extending credit to anyone for wax is a big risk, especially when you don't know if they are one of these junkies.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #71 (permalink)

Nice pics, guys

Some people on here have serious gambling addictions, but they can pretend they don't because it's cards and not scratch offs or going through a bookie. Didn't mean to be a downer, but I felt the need to comment on this sentiment that this was some kind of mistake. It's bigger than that.

/soapbox
Old 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #73 (permalink)

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
I suppose that one works better but I've always loved the rib scene and wanted to use it.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Houdini is going to go New Jack on Estan