Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help sportsfan78

Last monday night, i bought a 2011 Bowman Chrome Paul Goldschmidt Auto from sportsfan78 for $16. Its been a week and still dont have it. I looked on paypal, and it said it was shipped. It has a tracking number USPS and it only says that on October 30 it says electronic tracking info received. I went to message the guy and he is banned. This was one of my first deals so I really don't know what to do. Could someone help me?
Currently looking for the 2013 Topps Chrome Lucas Duda Atomic /10, 2013 Topps Update Matt Harvey All Star Patch /6, 2014 Triple Threads Matt Harvey All Star Patch /9 and 2014 TTT David Wright All Star Patch /9.
ccoffee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Should I open a case on paypal?
Currently looking for the 2013 Topps Chrome Lucas Duda Atomic /10, 2013 Topps Update Matt Harvey All Star Patch /6, 2014 Triple Threads Matt Harvey All Star Patch /9 and 2014 TTT David Wright All Star Patch /9.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

file a paypal claim...got me and a bunch of other members on the board.

sportsfan78 MIA after payments - file with paypal now
Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is in the wrong section.

You need to file a claim through paypal. The guy was most likely running a scam:

Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm sure he's the same guy who ripped of 4 other members on hundres of $...
4lynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
This is in the wrong section.

You need to file a claim through paypal. The guy was running a scam:

Fixed my first post
Old 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
Fixed my first post
It really sucks that this happened because I could've used it to pay for this really nice card
Old 11-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Based on this thread. he was banned.

I would file a claim with paypal instantly. IF he has the funds this will automatically freeze them in his account.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffee99 View Post
Last monday night, i bought a 2011 Bowman Chrome Paul Goldschmidt Auto from sportsfan78 for $16. Its been a week and still dont have it. I looked on paypal, and it said it was shipped. It has a tracking number USPS and it only says that on October 30 it says electronic tracking info received. I went to message the guy and he is banned. This was one of my first deals so I really don't know what to do. Could someone help me?
Not to be Captain Obvious but when a card can be had for 70 - 80% below its current Ebay prices that is what we call a clue. I hope you get your money back but just keep this in mind next time. For the record, I've fallen for it too although not quite as obvious. We all need to protect each other from these dirt bags.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Honestly, what really stops someone from "selling" a bunch of phantom cards and then cleaning out and closing their paypal account?

Guy was too new with too good of prices to believe. And he wasn't even handing out pixi sticks.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Not to be Captain Obvious but when a card can be had for 70 - 80% below its current Ebay prices that is what we call a clue. I hope you get your money back but just keep this in mind next time. For the record, I've fallen for it too although not quite as obvious. We all need to protect each other from these dirt bags.

I was new to forums at time, and all prices were way lower then what i was used to on Ebay so I thought it was real...... Sadly I learned my lesson.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoffee99 View Post
I was new to forums at time, and all prices were way lower then what i was used to on Ebay so I thought it was real...... Sadly I learned my lesson.
You will find lower than Ebay prices here from time to time but rarely if ever much more than 10% lower. Anything more than that is a huge red flag. Always pay via Paypal GOODS and you will be fine. I've been scammed twice since a member here and got my money back both times. One of the times I should have known better as the prices were around 25% below Ebay and the member was new. I got greedy and got burned. The other was a member with a lot of feedback and all 100%. For whatever reason they just twisted and burned a few of us. It happens, protect yourself.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Honestly, what really stops someone from "selling" a bunch of phantom cards and then cleaning out and closing their paypal account?

Guy was too new with too good of prices to believe. And he wasn't even handing out pixi sticks.
and had no members fronting for him that he bought a 3000 dollar Lesean Mccoy when he didn't and carrying it ver for a month in 3 separate threads. Just that price should have been a red flag back then too for guys
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote