Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver1984
Default block ebay buyer JIMMY_BUTLER

ordered two cards off my page, i sent them , when he received, he claimed i sent a empty ENVELOPE and put a peice of blank cardboard..

first of all i informed him that all cards are sent toploaded, and in bubble mailers, he then opened a claim on paypal, still waiting for them to make a Decision..

i provided proof to paypal what i sent, so it should go in my favor..
Kobe Bryant Totally Certified Black 1/1 AUTO
dreamweaver1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Good luck with that buddy. Didnt work out for me. Somehow a SSP came up missing from an envelope I sent a couple months ago. Even though shipped wit paypal shipping with DC. I still lost the case when the buyer claimed the envelope was cut open and the card removed. I sincerely hope you win.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, you will not win. Unfortunately, that is the newest (yet oldest) scam running. eBay/PayPal will side with the buyer so long as they have not done this in the past.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver1984 View Post
ordered two cards off my page, i sent them , when he received, he claimed i sent a empty ENVELOPE and put a peice of blank cardboard..

first of all i informed him that all cards are sent toploaded, and in bubble mailers, he then opened a claim on paypal, still waiting for them to make a Decision..

i provided proof to paypal what i sent, so it should go in my favor..
I am JIMMY_BUTLER on ebay and I received a envelope with nothing in it but a folded up piece of cardboard. And I can provide 7 messages sent to you without you responding to any of them. Might want to check your house or office for the cards I was suppose to receive before you come to your conclusion. Because I received an envelope with 0 cards!!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I am JIMMY_BUTLER on ebay and I received a envelope with nothing in it but a folded up piece of cardboard. And I can provide 7 messages sent to you without you responding to any of them. Might want to check your house or office for the cards I was suppose to receive before you come to your conclusion. Because I received an envelope with 0 cards!!!!
Nevermind. Misunderstood
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
So is it coincidence that this keeps happening to you?
To me?? I have never received an empty envelope in all my years on ebay.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
To me?? I have never received an empty envelope in all my years on ebay.
Was editing when you posted. I was mistaken
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
Nevermind. Misunderstood
Old 11-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

i responded to him three times now, twice on ebay and once on here. i have sense asked him to provide a picture of what he claims he received..
Old 11-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
i responded to him three times now, twice on ebay and once on here. i have sense asked him to provide a picture of what he claims he received..
100% Exactly what was in the envelope. No top-loader, No Penny Sleeve, No Tape, No redemptions. And also you only sent 1 message on ebay and that was this morning at 11:00, 23 hours after I sent you 3 messages asking about no contents in the envelope.
Attached Thumbnails
block ebay buyer JIMMY_BUTLER-noah-115.jpg   block ebay buyer JIMMY_BUTLER-noah-116.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

was the envelope tampered with when you received? considering the fact that i dont ever ship a piece of cardboard in orders

you only sent me one message on ebay about this issue, you had sent a previous message about sending you redemption codes.. i have in my inbox 2 total messages from you, both which i replied to, and i can provide proof of that.. i dont see how that piece of cardboard could have been shipped to you.

regardless, i am dumbfounded by your claim that you didnt receive something i put in a envelope just as i do every other card i sell on ebay or on blowout, i do all shipping from home (as opposed to my shop) and there is no one else that handles these untill i give them to the post man..

the only thing i can think is that something happened between me and you in the shipping process, or you are claiming that i didnt send something that i did. I have no way to know this,

if they were tampered with we need to file with the post office, because THAT was not what was sent.

In my defense, people do like to try to scam on ebay, and based on your messages to me i believe(d) you are trying to scam me, not my first ebay rodeo...

hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.. if you can please tell me if the package seemed to be tampered with by the post office.

as for how i package my cards, many people know how i package, i do case breaks here from time to time, and iv bought and sold cards here on a semi frequent basis, as well as through my Card shop that i own. I rarely have any issues with shipping out of state, and i never have had someone say that the cards were not in the envelope,or have i ever shipped with a piece of cardboard (thats not a card) in the envelope..
Old 11-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
was the envelope tampered with when you received? considering the fact that i dont ever ship a piece of cardboard in orders

you only sent me one message on ebay about this issue, you had sent a previous message about sending you redemption codes.. i have in my inbox 2 total messages from you, both which i replied to, and i can provide proof of that.. i dont see how that piece of cardboard could have been shipped to you.

regardless, i am dumbfounded by your claim that you didnt receive something i put in a envelope just as i do every other card i sell on ebay or on blowout, i do all shipping from home (as opposed to my shop) and there is no one else that handles these untill i give them to the post man..

the only thing i can think is that something happened between me and you in the shipping process, or you are claiming that i didnt send something that i did. I have no way to know this,

if they were tampered with we need to file with the post office, because THAT was not what was sent.

In my defense, people do like to try to scam on ebay, and based on your messages to me i believe(d) you are trying to scam me, not my first ebay rodeo...

hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.. if you can please tell me if the package seemed to be tampered with by the post office.

as for how i package my cards, many people know how i package, i do case breaks here from time to time, and iv bought and sold cards here on a semi frequent basis, as well as through my Card shop that i own. I rarely have any issues with shipping out of state, and i never have had someone say that the cards were not in the envelope,or have i ever shipped with a piece of cardboard (thats not a card) in the envelope..
Well I suggest you double check your house as the cards never made it into my hands. Envelope was sealed, not tampered with. That piece of cut up cardboard was the only thing in it. Look at my past purchases, I have bought nothing but Butler cards for probably the past 2 months. Numerous cards of the exact same one you were selling for more $$ and left and received great feedback for them. As for redemptions I always ask for the code prior to shipment so I can redeem and leave feedback then and there. I have 20-30 redemptions pending right now for butler cards and only 1 of the one you were selling and I can take a picture of that also to further prove I NEVER received the items I won. Matter of fact I just checked my ebay and within the past 18 months I have opened 3 cases out of probably 600 purchases. 1 case for damaged item, 1 case for non paying bidder and this case. I'm not a scammer, liar, thief. Whatever you did that day you messed up and need to look through your items and try to find the cards. I would much rather have the cards then the cash.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Only chiming in here, but if he was going to pull the switcharoo, why would he say something was in the bubblemailer as opposed to an empty one when it arrived? Good luck, hope you guys get to the bottom of it.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I suggest you double check your house as the cards never made it into my hands. Envelope was sealed, not tampered with. That piece of cut up cardboard was the only thing in it. Look at my past purchases, I have bought nothing but Butler cards for probably the past 2 months. Numerous cards of the exact same one you were selling for more $$ and left and received great feedback for them. As for redemptions I always ask for the code prior to shipment so I can redeem and leave feedback then and there. I have 20-30 redemptions pending right now for butler cards and only 1 of the one you were selling and I can take a picture of that also to further prove I NEVER received the items I won. Matter of fact I just checked my ebay and within the past 18 months I have opened 3 cases out of probably 600 purchases. 1 case for damaged item, 1 case for non paying bidder and this case. I'm not a scammer, liar, thief. Whatever you did that day you messed up and need to look through your items and try to find the cards. I would much rather have the cards then the cash.
as much as id like to believe you there is nothing here... of course paypal sided with you, i dont have them, i packaged these myself and i know that they were sent directly. the reason i dont send codes is because 1 person tried to claim one didnt work once,, being a shop i called panini and verified that it had been used and they sent paypal account info of who redeemed and i won, that said since i dont have the codes for the ones i sent you, i cant really do that very easily..

as for your ebay histroy, sir as a seller i cannot tell if your good or not, many people have high feedbacks and scam all the time,. there are no way to counter it with ebays flawed feedback system, if your a seller you cannot effect the buyers feedback even if they do something unruly.

i have sent paypal followup information of all our emails and messages through both sites, at this point it is my word against yours, and of course this is where paypal fails sellers..

that said its not worth it to do much more about it because we are talking about 30ish$ its pretty disturbing to me that on ebay this is becoming increasingly bad, iv sold over 80000 cards on ebay over the years and only up untill the last year and a half are these things becoming much more common..

end result - paypal sided with him, i have no way to prove that i did infact send them, outside of the fact i dont have them in my possession and i did package them myself..

frustrating issue to have.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
as much as id like to believe you there is nothing here... of course paypal sided with you, i dont have them, i packaged these myself and i know that they were sent directly. the reason i dont send codes is because 1 person tried to claim one didnt work once,, being a shop i called panini and verified that it had been used and they sent paypal account info of who redeemed and i won, that said since i dont have the codes for the ones i sent you, i cant really do that very easily..

as for your ebay histroy, sir as a seller i cannot tell if your good or not, many people have high feedbacks and scam all the time,. there are no way to counter it with ebays flawed feedback system, if your a seller you cannot effect the buyers feedback even if they do something unruly.

i have sent paypal followup information of all our emails and messages through both sites, at this point it is my word against yours, and of course this is where paypal fails sellers..

that said its not worth it to do much more about it because we are talking about 30ish$ its pretty disturbing to me that on ebay this is becoming increasingly bad, iv sold over 80000 cards on ebay over the years and only up untill the last year and a half are these things becoming much more common..

end result - paypal sided with him, i have no way to prove that i did infact send them, outside of the fact i dont have them in my possession and i did package them myself..

frustrating issue to have.
I have now started on all purchases over $100.00 filming and having a witness (employee) present when packing up merchandise now. This is a very prominent thing going on with eBay right now in regards to folks saying that they have received an empty and/or different item than what was purchased. I have had this personally happen to me and eBay did not take the money from me, but did give it back to the buyer. I highly suggest that the filming and a witness help you. Having a notarized statement on my end from a witness assisted me VERY much. And, now I film for extra security.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Only chiming in here, but if he was going to pull the switcharoo, why would he say something was in the bubblemailer as opposed to an empty one when it arrived? Good luck, hope you guys get to the bottom of it.
well, it has to do with weight of the package.

if the weight is 3 OZ when it gets put into the system at the PO of origin, it is supposed to get weighed again when it arrives to the PO of destination. Supposed to.

so if the guy was scamming and said "empty envelope lol" and the Postal Investigator said "so why was it 3 oz when it got to us and 3 oz when we dropped it off and now it's only 1 oz?" the guy would be boned.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

wow, this is scary stuff.... sorry to hear it man. hope it wasn't too high of a card.

Allen Iverson, Lebron James Game Used & 2004-05 Upper Deck Basketball (Anything for my set)
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

My favorite part of the story is buyer states he tried to get the codes PM's to him to no avail (Leaving seller open to a chargeback) and lo and behold the cards are "missing" from the mailer.

Does not pass the smell test to me

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

Since OP is already on my ignore list and his feedback to horrific, gonna have to say Noah may be in the right here
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
Since OP is already on my ignore list and his feedback to horrific, gonna have to say Noah may be in the right here
Horrific feedback? Are we talking about the same person? The OP has 4,647 eBay feedback and 54 on here with no negeitive feedback most high volume seller accumulate a few negs whether from eBay idiots or something wrong with the card and just forgetting to ship it. Not saying that's the case but I don't see what you see when you say horrific feedback.
College PC (All Sports): Michigan State, Wake Forest
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
Horrific feedback? Are we talking about the same person? The OP has 4,647 eBay feedback and 54 on here with no negeitive feedback most high volume seller accumulate a few negs whether from eBay idiots or something wrong with the card and just forgetting to ship it. Not saying that's the case but I don't see what you see when you say horrific feedback.
Eh, 2400 feedback in the last 12 months with 15 less than positive. I've seen worse, but you can't blame everything on crappy buyers.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
This is a friend of mine in Cali:

eBay Feedback Profile for jseau

THAT'S high volume... I don't see 10 negatives for slow shipping or cards never arrived

So YES, horrific is a proper word. I've been on eBay for 15 yrs and I've had ONE negative. So with 4,500+, 10 negs and 5 neutrals for basically the same thing, the seller needs to look at his own mistakes and correct them
Old 11-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
This is a friend of mine in Cali:

eBay Feedback Profile for jseau

THAT'S high volume... I don't see 10 negatives for slow shipping or cards never arrived

So YES, horrific is a proper word. I've been on eBay for 15 yrs and I've had ONE negative. So with 4,500+, 10 negs and 5 neutrals for basically the same thing, the seller needs to look at his own mistakes and correct them
You know Jeff? I've known him for over 20 years - use to work with him.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Maybe 1998ish I got to know him... Him and Greg; true hustlers in this game
Old 11-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #25 (permalink)

alright guys iv been given info from several people here through direct messages that they have been scammed from this buyer as well..
someone noted my feedback ratings on my ebay, we had a case of a box go missing at my shop where alot of my ebay cards were being held. i did contact those effected on ebay but some didnt care and left negative feedbacks, i assure you that all those people did get refunds..

the other 2 feedbacks, have to do with people who would receive a card and ask me to fully refund without sending the cards back. they opened cases and ebay sided with me, but they already left feedback, sometimes they get removed by ebay, sometimes they dont..

as such when running a business you cant make everyone happy, i stand by my selling practices. I run a legit business, and have for many years.

edit, i also dont know who screamer is, or if i have ever delt with him or why i would be on his block list, perhaps he would like to DM me and enlighten me

Last edited by dreamweaver1984; 11-21-2013 at 09:03 PM.