Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does anyone know Craiggysanford?

Hello all,

I hate posting in the Feedback section, but thought I'd ask around here.

10/02/13 - Did a deal with Craiggysanford. Nothing crazy - $23 for a 9-card lot. I've done 2 or 3 perfect deals with him in the past, even shot the breeze (through PM's) a few times about music and such. Solid guy.

10/14/13 - No cards yet, so I sent a friendly status check PM. He PM'd back. I won't get into the details, but he had a legitimate excuse, offered to refund or send cards if I still wanted them. Small-time PC stuff I was willing to wait for so I asked him to go ahead and send cards.

Today (11/11/13) - Still no cards. Craiggy hasn't logged onto BO since 10/30/13.

Does anyone know him personally? I know I should leave a negative at this point, but I'd rather make sure he's okay before doing that, especially knowing he's had some trouble.

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm having a problem with this user as well:

Time to worry?

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

They always have excuses.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

He seemed like an upstanding member to me, but we all know that means very little these days. Though, my gut says something pretty serious happened if he hasn't even logged in for 10+ days. That cat is always selling and it just doesn't fit his M.O.

Is there any way to contact him other than pms? I'd say a NEG is warranted, but you may want to give him a little more time i.e. reach out one last time to let him know the hammer is coming if he doesn't make good. He certainly doesn't seem like the type to screw someone over for $23. I hope he surfaces and everything is ok.

Good luck!
webb_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
They always have excuses.
Yeah, but I've done enough deals with Craig to assume that something must be up. I'll shoot him an email and see if he responds.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
Hello all,

I hate posting in the Feedback section, but thought I'd ask around here.

10/02/13 - Did a deal with Craiggysanford. Nothing crazy - $23 for a 9-card lot. I've done 2 or 3 perfect deals with him in the past, even shot the breeze (through PM's) a few times about music and such. Solid guy.

10/14/13 - No cards yet, so I sent a friendly status check PM. He PM'd back. I won't get into the details, but he had a legitimate excuse, offered to refund or send cards if I still wanted them. Small-time PC stuff I was willing to wait for so I asked him to go ahead and send cards.

Today (11/11/13) - Still no cards. Craiggy hasn't logged onto BO since 10/30/13.

Does anyone know him personally? I know I should leave a negative at this point, but I'd rather make sure he's okay before doing that, especially knowing he's had some trouble.
I wouldn't even consider a negative since he offered a refund. He has a legit reason and the cards are pc I wouldn't sweat yet until you get near 45 days for pp purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Yeah, but I've done enough deals with Craig to assume that something must be up. I'll shoot him an email and see if he responds.
Like wise great member.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks, calculusdork... I don't have his email so if folks who do have it could reach out I'd appreciate it.

I only mentioned the negative because I knew someone on here would leave the obligatory "Drop a neg!!!" post, and this thread isn't about that.

Like Srt42004n said, he did offer a refund. Getting cards is nice, but making sure a good member is okay is more important.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

If he paid October 2nd, wouldn't today be day 41?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
I wouldn't even consider a negative since he offered a refund. He has a legit reason and the cards are pc I wouldn't sweat yet until you get near 45 days for pp purposes.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yes it would, Swipe.

Like I mentioned, after two weeks passed and I had not received cards I PM'd him. Again, I won't go into details, but he was having some personal issues and at that point he offered me a refund. I declined the refund, saying to just send them out as soon as he had a chance. He stated he would PM a DC number as soon as he did. I received no PM's after that.

I don't know how much money you are out, Swipe, but the $23 I'm out is a drop in the bucket compared to the peace of mind I'll have knowing a good member is okay. I've dealt with him a number of times and like a few other folks mentioned, I don't think he would have dropped off the map if he wasn't having a legitimate issue.

If I'm wrong about him, then I'm wrong. Until then, he's just a good member gone MIA.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

It definitely would be nice to know he is okay - I actually sent an e-mail to the address he uses for Paypal last week. No response there - also contacted through Paypal - again no response.

I was kind of surprised that nothing showed up based on the feedback and his activity on the site. He is very active and then falls off the site on the 30th.

I don't know him as well as you seem to, but he seemed like a good guy. I think I've done deals with him in the past as well.

Quote:
Yes it would, Swipe.

Like I mentioned, after two weeks passed and I had not received cards I PM'd him. Again, I won't go into details, but he was having some personal issues and at that point he offered me a refund. I declined the refund, saying to just send them out as soon as he had a chance. He stated he would PM a DC number as soon as he did. I received no PM's after that.

I don't know how much money you are out, Swipe, but the $23 I'm out is a drop in the bucket compared to the peace of mind I'll have knowing a good member is okay. I've dealt with him a number of times and like a few other folks mentioned, I don't think he would have dropped off the map if he wasn't having a legitimate issue.

If I'm wrong about him, then I'm wrong. Until then, he's just a good member gone MIA.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

I've also done multiple deals with him and usually shoot the sh!t through PM's. I hope everything is OK with him.
motu79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have to say I am a bit surprised, so I'm going to assume (unfortunately) that something happened. Yes, plenty of "good guys" have "gone bad" over the years, just hope this isn't another example. I've traded with him before and the interaction was terrific.

Here is to hoping everything isn't what it seems and that everything is OK with him.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, calculusdork... I don't have his email so if folks who do have it could reach out I'd appreciate it.

I only mentioned the negative because I knew someone on here would leave the obligatory "Drop a neg!!!" post, and this thread isn't about that.

Like Srt42004n said, he did offer a refund. Getting cards is nice, but making sure a good member is okay is more important.

If you sent him money through paypal how do you not have at least a cell or email address?
ageofreason13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
If you sent him money through paypal how do you not have at least a cell or email address?
That is the only way I have his email address. Nothing yet.

In other news, The Google did tell me that Craig used to front-man a metal band called All Things Perish.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

I knew Craig sang for All Things Perish. I am an old-school metal fan, so his name was familiar to me.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

I made multiple deals with him and never had a problem, always seemed like a good guy. If he has not been on in a few weeks maybe something came up. More to life than just cards, just my 2 cents.
DoubleD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Hope he is alright, we did some deals and he always seemed like a good guy.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have done deals with him in the past but don't know him real well.

I do know that if there is a problem and we are on day 41 or 42 I don't care how many deals I did with him I'd be opening a case.

If the case gets closed in your favor and he never initiated the refund himself, definitely negative.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Was this ever resolved? I saw he logged on Nov 28th.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Was this ever resolved? I saw he logged on Nov 28th.
Would also like to know.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

I sent him a few PM's as well as attempting an alternate form of contact, both right before Thanksgiving and both to no avail.

I sent a PM today stating if I received no communication within the next three days, I would leave a negative.

To all the folks who might criticize me for not having negged him long ago - please don't judge. I don't take leaving a negative lightly, and Craig had a legitimate excuse in the beginning. Only after seeing that he has logged in since I last contacted him do I feel I have no choice.

My gut tells me I won't be hearing from him unfortunately. I will update on Friday.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

This whole thing is strange. Craig is the only person on this entire site I would have paid via gift. I have made probably more than a dozen purchases with him and the transactions could not have gone smoother. Yes, I am fully aware that good past performance does not mean that the future will stay that way. I truly hope that everything is ok with him but I also understand why the op needs to take the steps to protect himself.

I do not know Craig personally but we have had a fair bit of chat back and forth throughout our deals and he always struck me as a good dude. Outside of Lazy and Ryno, my people reading skills are usually top notch. Somehow those two snuck in.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

I put the guy on the ignore list (it's where I put people I wont sell too) back this time last year. My issue was he FELT he reserved a card because he said " I will take it". I let Gunshow get the card since friends trump strangers and he got upset. I had worries about him prior to that and I will be damned if I can remember the ebay name, but he was called out in November last year for ding,dong ditching people when winning items on the bay.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I put the guy on the ignore list (it's where I put people I wont sell too) back this time last year. My issue was he FELT he reserved a card because he said " I will take it". I let Gunshow get the card since friends trump strangers and he got upset. I had worries about him prior to that and I will be damned if I can remember the ebay name, but he was called out in November last year for ding,dong ditching people when winning items on the bay.
I want to make sure I understand. You were selling something, he said he would "take it" and for that you put him on ignore? Oh the horrors. How did he not get banned on the spot? Quite honestly your post just makes me like him more. I always feel safe being on the opposite side of whatever opinion you hold.

Datkiem was a mad genius and way ahead of his time.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I want to make sure I understand. You were selling something, he said he would "take it" and for that you put him on ignore? Oh the horrors. How did he not get banned on the spot? Quite honestly your post just makes me like him more. I always feel safe being on the opposite side of whatever opinion you hold.
Thats not what he said.

Quote:
My issue was he FELT he reserved a card because he said " I will take it". I let Gunshow get the card since friends trump strangers and he got upset
He stated that he had a card for sale and chose not to sell it to someone that posted "ill take it".

Its proper not to sell things to those you dont like. YOu are not entitled to a purchase all because you were the first to say "ill take it". "ill take it" does not equate to a done deal!

I dont understand how you can sit here vouching for the guy all while saying 'My deals were perfect with him" knowing full well this one might have gone south. Its either he got the card to the buyer in time or didnt. So did he?

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-12-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote