Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Simple callout: Murphy398

Lots and lots for sale, something for everyone, deals to be had!!

Simply said he'd buy the lots in the thread above. I asked three times, politely, for payment. He said it would come after work, didn't. Then he said it would come one night, guarantee, he isn't Joe Namath, and then he'd said it would come once he awoke, and either he has been asleep for 50 hours or he just isn't paying me. Just a bunch of PMs of nothing over a week so I gave up.

Negative feedback left, wanted to post this to cover my butt in case of a retaliation.

Happy dealings! :turkey::turkey:
AllenWilliams87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenWilliams87 View Post
Lots and lots for sale, something for everyone, deals to be had!!

Simply said he'd buy the lots in the thread above. I asked three times, politely, for payment. He said it would come after work, didn't. Then he said it would come one night, guarantee, he isn't Joe Namath, and then he'd said it would come once he awoke, and either he has been asleep for 50 hours or he just isn't paying me. Just a bunch of PMs of nothing over a week so I gave up.

Negative feedback left, wanted to post this to cover my butt in case of a retaliation.

Happy dealings! :turkey::turkey:
At least you were not the buyer, and sent money for something that was never sent. Folks are going to promise payment all the time. Hence why creditors still are so apprehensive in lending money
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
At least you were not the buyer, and sent money for something that was never sent. Folks are going to promise payment all the time. Hence why creditors still are so apprehensive in lending money
And if you don't pay a bill, you get a negative on your credit report
Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenWilliams87 View Post
And if you don't pay a bill, you get a negative on your credit report
Exactly, my friend, EXACTLY
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

quick question- has the member in question been online and active here in the last week?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

His last activity on here was shortly after midnight today.
jusdukky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
His last activity on here was shortly after midnight today.
well, i mean, i leave this site open on my browser all day and night. does that count as activity as far as the BO site counts?

i meant is he posting?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
well, i mean, i leave this site open on my browser all day and night. does that count as activity as far as the BO site counts?

i meant is he posting?
I think activity is only logged each time you open a new page. So the most recent activity is the last time he opened a page...

I could be wrong, but I know that is how it works on another forum I frequent...
Old 11-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

No if he is logged on and his page refreshes like many do it will show active, if he is logged on through his phone and he turns it off and on it will refresh and show active even if he is not. Was it atleast 7-10 days between the time he promised and last communication? Reasonable time is expected.

He hasn't posted since 11/10/2013. 5 days ago.

Last edited by Srt42004n; 11-15-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

In a week time we sent about 14 PMs total, 7 each. He promised to pay three times and never did three times. Once saying he guarantee he'll pay tonight. Never did. I gave many opportunities for the member to pay. All I got was a run around.

Last message from him was 11/12 at 7:51 am. So yes he's been on.

Last edited by AllenWilliams87; 11-15-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
No if he is logged on and his page refreshes like many do it will show active, if he is logged on through his phone and he turns it off and on it will refresh and show active even if he is not. Was it atleast 7-10 days between the time he promised and last communication? Reasonable time is expected.

vBulletin doesn't refresh automatically.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Just to answer a couple quick questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
quick question- has the member in question been online and active here in the last week?
yes, hasn't posted since the 10th but last PM was the 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post

Waiting 7 days for a $10 payment after 3 failed promises? Any of the 3 times he promised me, he could have just paid. That's what struck me as odd.

Here's the brunt of the messages:

November 9 at around 4 PM EST:
Me: Send payment to X and thanks for the deal
Him: Will pay you when I get home from work if that is okay.
My thinking: I'd do the same thing, very normal respond.

November 10 at around 8 PM EST:
Me: When is payment coming? Thanks!
Him: Tonight guaranteed
My thinking: Still fine, maybe just forgot after a long day of work. Could pay now, but maybe he works a lot.

November 12 at around 8 AM EST:
Me: If you can't make payment just let me know. Empty promises are the worse
Him: No payment is not a problem. Its 450 in the am, I will take care of it when I wake up today.
My thinking: Okay, now it hasn't happened, twice was told payment was coming and instead of paying, just more messages.

He also posted in his thread, and based off what the seller said how people didn't respond and the cards he asked for looked to be later sold to a different member, I put everything together and figured he isn't paying

Tons of Autos & GU FS LOTS OF 2012-2013 ROOKIES
Old 11-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

yeah that's fine, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't a case of something drastic coming up and yanking the person away from the internet for a few days is all. Sometimes people jump in and are quick to hang (myself included) without first double-checking to see if they've just zapped out across the board.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Though this post is 2 weeks old, this is the first time I have seen it. The situation was completely my fault with this seller as well as a couple of other members on this site. I sent a message to all concerned and have satisfied any debts owed to those who responded. As of today, I have also satisfied the money owed to this member and have asked for nothing in return except for consideration of reversing the -1 that I have as feedback. For anyone concerned, my oldest son had access to my account and was buying without having the means to pay. I was not aware as I do not spend 24/7 on here and use it as recreation if nothing else. He has since been shut out and I have not had any issues after his dismissal. I have a 40 rating with 100% feedback on another site and take the business side of this hobby very serious. I had no idea numerous deals were attempting to be made and lies were being told under my name. I understand this member has zero tolerance for non payers so I have now sent him the money owed so I wont be viewed as a person who cant complete a deal. With that said, I hope things get better because I love the hobby and the friendships made through the hobby as well. We shall see how it goes but felt it necessary to clear the air before all was lost. Have a good day to all....

Gary
Murphy398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #15 (permalink)

The current generation of young collectors have so much entitlement. Including instant gratification.

Too many flipper's here just want to give out negatives if something doesn't go their way.
hoopster3977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

Location: From Boston but married southern bell so I'm stuck in Nashville

Thank you OP
maybe it's just me by I get tired of reading of this exact situation where an op will not name a member or give a neg.
well done on both accounts. I'm glad the buyer made it right but I still like this thread and the fact that you have a neg
The point is to warn the rest of us a about your experience with him and I think you did that

Thanks OP. I think this was handled 100% correctly
feel free to PM me if selling
Mikegioseffi is online now   Reply With Quote