Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay...My first neutral! eBay buyer to block!

So I had over 80 auction style listings end the other day and find out that I have a neutral feedback left for an item...My first one so I am a little distrought that my 100% is ruined. What I find strange I guess is that he didn't contact me at all and just dropped the neutral. I would have refunded him and let him keep the card had he sent a message. He says he grades all his cards for his pc of course, wouldn't one inquire about condition with the seller if you got all of your cards graded? Anyways here is the original listing and he says the bottom left corner is horribly/severely damaged LOL. I'm not sure if he knows the definition of horrible/severe. Defintely my fault for not taking a better picture, but here is the card. He also wont send me a pic of said damage.
2012 13 National Treasures Walt Frazier Notable Nicknames Auto 'Ed 6 99 | eBay

So block me, him or whomever...Gold Jacket, Green Jacket, Who gives a sh!t? Happy Holidays everyone!
crm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

From the pic, I'd definitely ask about the bottom right corner. Bottom left looks fine.

+1 for the Happy Gilmore reference
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

NEVER put nearmint-mint in your listing. Even if its a bgs pristine 10 I still DO NOT describe them as mint. Every card I list I put as acceptable condition so if something like this happens you have a leg to stand on with ebay
EDIT:
I'm not saying you are right or wrong just a piece of advice moving forward

Last edited by smackvay; 12-15-2013 at 02:07 PM.
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
NEVER put nearmint-mint in your listing. Even if its a bgs pristine 10 I still DO NOT describe them as mint. Every card I list I put as acceptable condition so if something like this happens you have a leg to stand on with ebay
EDIT:
I'm not saying you are right or wrong just a piece of advice moving forward
No, I am wrong, wish I got a chance to make it right...I put very good for item condition in all my listings where most put like new?
Old 12-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think (i am not sure) if u contact eBay and explain ur case like u did here u might have it removed..
Rabie1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabie1 View Post
I think (i am not sure) if u contact eBay and explain ur case like u did here u might have it removed..
yea at the end of the day its just internet feedback and am not worried as I think the rest of my feedback as a seller speaks for itself...Also blamed me for 11 days shipping when I sent out the next day, good lord...
Old 12-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm44 View Post
yea at the end of the day its just internet feedback and am not worried as I think the rest of my feedback as a seller speaks for itself...Also blamed me for 11 days shipping when I sent out the next day, good lord...
yeah 700 plus positive wont be affected by one silly feedback.. but i am sure they will remove it if u ask.
Rabie1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

My question to the buyer is what kind of word is this? Disappointe

Sorry he left you neutral but yeah your 700+ positives speak for itself. Going to cost him more to get that card graded then he paid for it to begin. Contact ebay they might remove!
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Did I miss the name of the buyer?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabie1 View Post
yeah 700 plus positive wont be affected by one silly feedback.. but i am sure they will remove it if u ask.
Ebay doesn't remove feedback just because you asked them to.

contact the buyer and see what would make him happy. Offer a full refund upon return. Then you can send a feedback recision request once he has been satisfied
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Did I miss the name of the buyer?
sorry thought you would be able to figure it out from the link....us2013.brail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Ebay doesn't remove feedback just because you asked them to.

contact the buyer and see what would make him happy. Offer a full refund upon return. Then you can send a feedback recision request once he has been satisfied
He doesn't want to pay $4 shipping on a $9 card is what he told me and didn't even ask me to make it right (which I don't understand) just leave a neutral and move on I guess. Like I said before I would of refunded him and let him keep the card if he really had an issue since it was only a $9 card...He even broke down the math for my simple mind on his $4 shipping lol. Why do these newbies expect 9.5's on every card they buy? I feel like the basic collector has a reasonable expectation of card conditions and if they really are looking for GEM Mnt then they should ask card condition before they buy?
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

With what he put in the feedback shouldn't that of been a negative? If I purchase something that is HORRIBLY DAMAGED how are you not asking for a refund? Mind Blown...
Old 12-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Per your listing:

Up for sale is the exact cards in the title and picture. All cards are NrMnt or better unless stated otherwise. I only accept paypal and only ship US. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking and please check out my other cards! Combined shipping is .25 cents per each additional card purchased. If you have less than 10 feedback please contact me first, thank you.

You said unless stated otherwise so yes you should be accountable for the card. If he wanted to just leave a neutral rather then getting a refund then that's his choice

Yes it has to suck to get that feedback but if your going to list a card that has damage update the detail section in the listing
Old 12-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Per your listing:

Up for sale is the exact cards in the title and picture. All cards are NrMnt or better unless stated otherwise. I only accept paypal and only ship US. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking and please check out my other cards! Combined shipping is .25 cents per each additional card purchased. If you have less than 10 feedback please contact me first, thank you.

You said unless stated otherwise so yes you should be accountable for the card. If he wanted to just leave a neutral rather then getting a refund then that's his choice

Yes it has to suck to get that feedback but if your going to list a card that has damage update the detail section in the listing
I am more than willing to be accountable for it and over the neutral....I just wish if people were upset why not say so instead of just leaving the bad feedback and still being upset? Again I have seen no proof still of damage and I did list over 80 auctions during this sale. I know I am responsible for personally critiquing every edge, corner, surface scratches, but again I feel most reasonable collectors have a reasonable understanding of card conditions and if you were looking for something specific, ask. How can you do almost 900 transactions and this is the first time something like this happens? Clearly my wording was fine for the first 899 deals. I copy and paste all descriptions as to not have to change it everytime. I will change NrMnt/Mnt (which I think the card still is) to BGS 2 or better.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
He doesn't want to pay $4 shipping on a $9 card is what he told me and didn't even ask me to make it right (which I don't understand) just leave a neutral and move on I guess.
As a buyer I understand his logic.

As for asking you to make it right.
This is a gray area, if someone asks you to make it right or asks for a partial at what point are they crossing the line into feedback extortion? I honestly dont know and have NEVER asked for a partial.

Leave a neutral and just move on?
Some people compare time to money.
So some people may not feel its worth their time to have any discussion whatsoever over a refund that amounts to no more than 5 to 7 dollars. Simply put, 10 minutes of their time is worth more to them then having a conversation about whether or not a corner is damaged, is it in the pic, is it in the descrip, are their expectations too high, should they send it back should you offer a partial blah blah blah blah blah.

they just move on.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

I leave a neutral and move on

If the buyer feels he should be given the chance to loose his product and cash.....he can send me a message and request feedback revision.

Sometimes the amount is harly worth the effort

Now, block him because he felt you deserved it ? That's funny.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I leave a neutral and move on

If the buyer feels he should be given the chance to loose his product and cash.....he can send me a message and request feedback revision.

Sometimes the amount is harly worth the effort

Now, block him because he felt you deserved it ? That's funny.
Never understood if you were unhappy with a purchase but were going to keep it mentality big or small. Couldn't of been that unhappy I guess. Buyer now wants a refund and has told me they opened a claim through ebay...Worth their time and effort after all. Yes, I block buyers who say they the card is horribly damaged, but won't do anything about it. I could care less if you block him/me/whoever. We all know a neutral might as well be a negative and from his description it should have been. May seem funny to you, but I try and avoid situations such as this.

Last edited by crm44; 12-15-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Never understood if you were unhappy with a purchase but were going to keep it mentality big or small.
He paid 2.50, return was 2.50...he's supposed to know you are a sucker who will refund him ,paying 10.00 to ensure you do not get hit ?

Maybe you should post that in your auctions "All sales under 10.00 can be free if you complain and threaten to leave me bad feedback" I mean, that would solve your problem, right ?

I don't think you thought this through before making the thread.

I bought 30.00 in marbles and the images were structured to where you could only see a percetage of them. It happens a lot, people list them in piles. Said there was 500 of X brand...ended up being 83 and 420 crappy new marbles. Cost me 12.00 in shipping...so, I piss,moan and HOPE he cuts me some slack or i send them back and eat 24.00 and have nothing or do I shake my head, drop the deuce on him and move on ?

We know what your answer will be, but as a buyer, mine is simple. If the math is bad, move on. I don;t ask for partials and I do not give partials. I have had 4 feedback issues this year and my sales have not missed a beat. My repeat customer sales are a tad under 80%...I don;t book those people whom PEOPLE LIKE YOU enable and give them the carte blanch to blackmail people for feedback to get free items.

So, your card did not mean YOUR listings statements and he left a neutral instead of letting you make it good and he needs to be blocked.

Yah, I still see the humor in it.
I will keep you in mind for when I want some free cards !.....see how that works ?
Old 12-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
He paid 2.50, return was 2.50...he's supposed to know you are a sucker who will refund him ,paying 10.00 to ensure you do not get hit ?

Maybe you should post that in your auctions "All sales under 10.00 can be free if you complain and threaten to leave me bad feedback" I mean, that would solve your problem, right ?

I don't think you thought this through before making the thread.

I bought 30.00 in marbles and the images were structured to where you could only see a percetage of them. It happens a lot, people list them in piles. Said there was 500 of X brand...ended up being 83 and 420 crappy new marbles. Cost me 12.00 in shipping...so, I piss,moan and HOPE he cuts me some slack or i send them back and eat 24.00 and have nothing or do I shake my head, drop the deuce on him and move on ?

We know what your answer will be, but as a buyer, mine is simple. If the math is bad, move on. I don;t ask for partials and I do not give partials. I have had 4 feedback issues this year and my sales have not missed a beat. My repeat customer sales are a tad under 80%...I don;t book those people whom PEOPLE LIKE YOU enable and give them the carte blanch to blackmail people for feedback to get free items.

So, your card did not mean YOUR listings statements and he left a neutral instead of letting you make it good and he needs to be blocked.

Yah, I still see the humor in it.
I will keep you in mind for when I want some free cards !.....see how that works ?
In your marble example you clearly did not get what you had purchased...You are well aware that card condition is subjective. Is the card in very good condition/NrMnt (what is that a BGS 8?) I believe it falls under those conditions. I believe this card grades an 8 all day long. Still have seen no picture of said corner damage and now he wants a refund so to the buyer it isn't about the math...He just told me he doesnt care about the money he didn't want a "eff'ed up card." That should be a new BGS grade imo.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

This is also an isolated incident for me as I have never gave a partial refund as the situation has never come up before. So in this instance if there was truly damage that I missed I would have considered giving him the card and the money...I am all for full refunds of course, but partials like card condition is subjective and I feel like there is a lot of grey area in those situations and you should handle them accordingly.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
In your marble example you clearly did not get what you had purchased...You are well aware that card condition is subjective. Is the card in very good condition/NrMnt (what is that a BGS 8?) I believe it falls under those conditions. I believe this card grades an 8 all day long. Still have seen no picture of said corner damage and now he wants a refund so to the buyer it isn't about the math...He just told me he doesnt care about the money he didn't want a "eff'ed up card." That should be a new BGS grade imo.
Oh I understand.

But an 8, on a new card, is pretty much trash unless it is a sought after or PC card. The PC end would be why you may be having issues.
I also do not use generic descriptions. I take the time to visually ID any defects that may effect a persons interest....well, I detect them, then toss the card TBH. WOuld go into a crap box, but I am REALLY picky since I know how picky buyers are. It's not worth the headache.

Good luck with your issue. I can see where it rankled you. The 1st time I got a neg I was so mad. The buyer had changed his email and was not answering ebay PMs so I kept sending messages through his email.. Dinged me after 2 weeks. Went to ebay with my complaint and they did not care.
Now.....I hve 4 negs this year and 2 neutrals from 2 people. 1 guy tried to get me to sell off of ebay and I told him no, so he hit the BIN on a few cards and slammed me.....PM proof, ebay still did not care.

The other guy purchased 2 items, asked about combined shipping. I told him the shipping price was the same, he came back with NO, how much is combined shipping...I responded the price is the same for all of the items....and he came back with "Ok A-hole ,i asked you how much combined shipping was, now since you will not give me a straight answer I will not buy anything else".....Feeling he was an idiot or possibly mentally handicapped I apologized for his confusion in me stating that ALL ITEMS WOULD BE COVERED BY 1 SHIPPING CHARGE and that to FURTHER avoid burdening him I would handle matters on me end.....and sold both items he won to the back up bidders and told him to feel free to leave his negs as long as he promised to get psychological counseling or laid in the near future

Sometimes....you are going to get hit no matter what ...and sometimes...you gotta be willing to take 2nd place because it feels soooo much better than 1st in some situations

And no, a neutral is not as bad as a neg simply because no one goes and checks that 100% feedback for WHY it is 100%...right ?

Good luck with your headache.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I understand.

But an 8, on a new card, is pretty much trash unless it is a sought after or PC card. The PC end would be why you may be having issues.
I also do not use generic descriptions. I take the time to visually ID any defects that may effect a persons interest....well, I detect them, then toss the card TBH. WOuld go into a crap box, but I am REALLY picky since I know how picky buyers are. It's not worth the headache.

Good luck with your issue. I can see where it rankled you. The 1st time I got a neg I was so mad. The buyer had changed his email and was not answering ebay PMs so I kept sending messages through his email.. Dinged me after 2 weeks. Went to ebay with my complaint and they did not care.
Now.....I hve 4 negs this year and 2 neutrals from 2 people. 1 guy tried to get me to sell off of ebay and I told him no, so he hit the BIN on a few cards and slammed me.....PM proof, ebay still did not care.

The other guy purchased 2 items, asked about combined shipping. I told him the shipping price was the same, he came back with NO, how much is combined shipping...I responded the price is the same for all of the items....and he came back with "Ok A-hole ,i asked you how much combined shipping was, now since you will not give me a straight answer I will not buy anything else".....Feeling he was an idiot or possibly mentally handicapped I apologized for his confusion in me stating that ALL ITEMS WOULD BE COVERED BY 1 SHIPPING CHARGE and that to FURTHER avoid burdening him I would handle matters on me end.....and sold both items he won to the back up bidders and told him to feel free to leave his negs as long as he promised to get psychological counseling or laid in the near future

Sometimes....you are going to get hit no matter what ...and sometimes...you gotta be willing to take 2nd place because it feels soooo much better than 1st in some situations

And no, a neutral is not as bad as a neg simply because no one goes and checks that 100% feedback for WHY it is 100%...right ?

Good luck with your headache.
Yea I really am over it, but everyone keeps posting! lol...This guy has just been a real treat...Tries telling me shipping is $4 and gas to the PO was included in this calculation, Tells me he's in a facebook group with over 3,000 members and if Im not careful...for whatever empty threat that was....Sheesh first its not worth his time or money to refund but now it is? Now its the principal? I enjoy all aspects of this hobby and thats all it is so when ppl get mad and think I tried to deceive them I take a slight offense. At the end of day I want to laugh and ask, "you're upset your baseball card did arrive gem mint?" C'mon this is not a real world problem! I buy cards all the time for my PC that I would like to be in the best condition possible, but I have realistic expectations when the arrive. If I am getting a card graded then I might inquire about condition as pictures/scans usually don't tell it all if you have to be extremely picky.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

your buyer was a jerk when he didnt ask for a refund,
now hes a jerk for filing a case. um ok

Thought # 1 - by writing to him and insisting he show you a pic to justify the neutral and insist that he should have asked for a refund did you bring it on yourself by simply being a PITA and not knowing when to leave well enough alone? I dunno.

Thought # 2 - here is the pic of your card

Take a good look at the bottom right corner.
(which if the guy is looking at it from the back would be the bottom left)
Notice how you cannot see if the corner is even there?
I have no idea whats actually going on there.
Probably just a shadow, or maybe its crunched or maybe its actually torn off,
but I certainly cant tell from that pic and you make no mention of any issues in your descrip.

Thought #3 Think about this from the buyers perspective for 10 seconds. assuming it is indeed damaged some way, the buyer may feel like he was deliberately misled and after not giving a crap about it other than to give you a neutral, youve managed to convince him he should get a refund and a file a case.

Bravo ?
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 12-15-2013 at 11:39 PM.
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
your buyer was a jerk when he didnt ask for a refund,
now hes a jerk for filing a case. um ok

Thought # 1 - by writing to him and insisting he show you a pic to justify the neutral and insist that he should have asked for a refund did you bring it on yourself by simply being a PITA and not knowing when to leave well enough alone? I dunno.

Thought # 2 - here is the pic of your card

Take a good look at the bottom right corner.
(which if the guy is looking at it from the back would be the bottom left)
Notice how you cannot see if the corner is even there?
I have no idea whats actually going on there.
Probably just a shadow, or maybe its crunched or maybe its actually torn off,
but I certainly cant tell from that pic and you make no mention of any issues in your descrip.

Thought #3 Think about this from the buyers perspective for 10 seconds. assuming it is indeed damaged some way, the buyer may feel like he was deliberately misled and after not giving a crap about it other than to give you a neutral, youve managed to convince him he should get a refund and a file a case.

Bravo ?
Quote:
In your marble example you clearly did not get what you had purchased...You are well aware that card condition is subjective. Is the card in very good condition/NrMnt (what is that a BGS 8?) I believe it falls under those conditions. I believe this card grades an 8 all day long[/B]. Still have seen no picture of said corner damage and now he wants a refund so to the buyer it isn't about the math...He just told me he doesnt care about the money he didn't want a "eff'ed up card." That should be a new BGS grade imo.
see above...I still stand by this and have asked for a picture at least twice now. If there was severe, horrible, eff'd up damage I am pretty sure I would have noticed. I refunded him 5 hours ago and told him to keep the damaged card and the money. I've gave away more than cards to random strangers. At the end of the day I blocked him and moved on...
Old 12-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #25 (permalink)

You should have mentioned the corner ding.
Stick to your guns, he has left feedback.
He can suck it Your play out above shows me you have questioned him if he would revise his feedback and he is telling you about shipping and gas
Eat the neutral and stick to your guns....else he may laugh at you,tell his 3k friends and you end up being a drum for few of them to get free cards

Good luck