Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Member Sales/Trade Feedback (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/)
-   -   Problem with a purchase/seller on here, am I covered? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/644908-problem-purchase-seller-here-am-i-covered.html)

commonking 01-10-2014 04:04 AM

Problem with a purchase/seller on here, am I covered?

Hey whats up guys I made a purchase from someone on here in the buy/sell/trade forums back on December 13 and haven't received anything. The one time he did respond to me was on December 26 when he said he was gonna ship the cards out. After that he never got back to me or provided any tracking info or updates so i opened a paypal dispute on 1/7. So my question is has anyone had a problem with a deal they made on here before? If so did you get your money back and how long did it take? Also is there a way to file a claim directly or do I have to wait the 30 days for the dispute to turn into a claim? Thanks for any help

jlzinck 01-10-2014 07:54 AM

Post the member name OR Send the name to iluvfish2, houdini or pskell02

jmscoggin 01-10-2014 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=jlzinck;6437360]Post the member name OR Send the name to iluvfish2, houdini or pskell02[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this. If you paid via Paypal and used 'goods' then you will be fine. If you paid Paypal 'gift' you may be sol.

tonedef2oo8 01-10-2014 08:10 AM

Name? Otherwise you are possibly screwing otheer members.

Mikegioseffi 01-10-2014 08:24 AM

you will get your money back from paypal. they are never in a rush ro refund so usually 30-45 days in the cases where i have had to file,
BUT WHATS THE GUYS NAME SO THE REST OF US DONT GET SCREWED OVER?

Clarka3 01-10-2014 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=jmscoggin;6437369]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this. If you paid via Paypal and used 'goods' then you will be fine. If you paid Paypal 'cash' you may be sol.[/QUOTE]

i think you meant "paypal gift", not cash.

jmscoggin 01-10-2014 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=Clarka3;6437711]i think you meant "paypal gift", not cash.[/QUOTE]

Sure did, thank you for the assist. :)!

Swipe79 01-10-2014 11:49 AM

You don't have to wait 30 days to turn the dispute into a claim. Obviously this person is not going to respond, so go ahead and escalate that baby now. Doing this allows eBay to get you your money back faster than if you sit around for 30 days hoping he responds. Once you escalate, he either responds or automatically loses out.

Clarka3 01-10-2014 01:42 PM

you know, OP, if you don't give us the name, people are going to assume it's one of the last two deals you received iTrader for. If it wasn't one of them, you will be assisting in dragging their rep through the mud by not identifying the deadbeat.

jmscoggin 01-10-2014 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Clarka3;6439095]you know, OP, if you don't give us the name, people are going to assume it's one of the last two deals you received iTrader for. If it wasn't one of them, you will be assisting in dragging their rep through the mud by not identifying the deadbeat.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you and the fact that he must divulge this person you do realize that he hasn't logged in since creating the thread right? It isn't like he is online and ignoring your request. You essentially are arguing with yourself. Of course I'm married so I do it too so there is that. :(

lobo_hacker 01-10-2014 04:40 PM

-These threads are not helpful without identifying info on the bad guy.

If you are not sure if they are bad or not yet, or just don't want to name them, i recommend you PM a mod and don't make a thread.

lobo_hacker, [I]off to the grocery store for pickles and salmon[/I]

jmscoggin 01-10-2014 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=lobo_hacker;6440248]-These threads are not helpful without identifying info on the bad guy.

If you are not sure if they are bad or not yet, or just don't want to name them, i recommend you PM a mod and don't make a thread.

lobo_hacker, [I]off to the grocery store for pickles and salmon[/I][/QUOTE]

Please sticky this post for the top of this forum. Short, sweet and accurate.

commonking 01-10-2014 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=Swipe79;6438433]You don't have to wait 30 days to turn the dispute into a claim. Obviously this person is not going to respond, so go ahead and escalate that baby now. Doing this allows eBay to get you your money back faster than if you sit around for 30 days hoping he responds. Once you escalate, he either responds or automatically loses out.[/QUOTE]

How do I escalate it to a claim though, I wanted to but didn't see an option to. Sorry guys The members name was jbittma1. I made a deal for a bunch of five star autos to get my set started and really needed the cards so I was hoping that the claim would get him to contact me because I am only a few cards short of the set now. Thanks for all the help and responses.

Mikegioseffi 01-10-2014 05:48 PM

please make sure and leave a negative asap. thats another way the rest of us are warned not to deal with this clown.

and with the claim, if you look at the dispute there should be a place that says escalte. it might be under actions, if you still cant find it i would call paypal directly. they have always been really helpful when ive had to deal with them

TarjetasBéisbol 01-10-2014 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=Clarka3;6439095]you know, OP, if you don't give us the name, [B]people are going to assume it's one of the last two deals you received iTrader[/B] for. If it wasn't one of them, you will be assisting in dragging their rep through the mud by not identifying the deadbeat.[/QUOTE]

Not sure some of us would make that same assumption but maybe someone looking to become a member of BODA would do it.

ebacardi2 01-10-2014 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=Mikegioseffi;6440729]please make sure and leave a negative asap. thats another way the rest of us are warned not to deal with this clown.

and with the claim, if you look at the dispute there should be a place that says escalte. it might be under actions, if you still cant find it i would call paypal directly. they have always been really helpful when ive had to deal with them[/QUOTE]

You can not escalate until 5 days or so after you open the claim. Paypal sends a message to the seller and alerts them that you opened a claim, they hope that the seller responds and you can work it out. If you look at the claim it will tell you when you can escalate and a button will appear on that day to escalate. Also once you escalate wait like 2 days and call paypal and tell them the details and usually they will close the case and refund your money right then.

jbittma1 01-10-2014 07:45 PM

I sent over a message stating that I made the error and it came back to me due to that I put the wrong number down for the zip code and put 14061 instead of 10461. As you can see my feedback is 100% and this is something that I took complete ownership of. Paypal even has the updated Tracking information. If you would like I could post the tracking information on here for everyone to see.

smackvay 01-10-2014 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=tonedef2oo8;6437385]Name? Otherwise you are possibly screwing otheer members.[/QUOTE]

from the guy with zero feedback;)

free2131 01-10-2014 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=jbittma1;6441508]I sent over a message stating that I made the error and it came back to me due to that I put the wrong number down for the zip code and put 14061 instead of 10461. As you can see my feedback is 100% and this is something that I took complete ownership of. Paypal even has the updated Tracking information. If you would like I could post the tracking information on here for everyone to see.[/QUOTE]

So, did you wait from the 13th to the 26th to ship the first time? If so that is completely unacceptable. If you then mailed them out on the 26th and you STILL haven't gotten him his cards, then a negative is completely called for and should be given.

Hopefully you learn from this mistake and start shipping in a timely manner.

jbittma1 01-10-2014 09:05 PM

He was informed during the holidays I was at my in-laws and it would be shipped when I got back

tonedef2oo8 01-10-2014 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=smackvay;6441814]from the guy with zero feedback;)[/QUOTE]

[I]My haiku account [/I]had stellar feedback before I got greedy ;)

I really hope I dont have to type this but I will JK

Josh611 01-10-2014 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=jbittma1;6442174]He was informed during the holidays I was at my in-laws and it would be shipped when I got back[/QUOTE]

You were there for almost a month:confused::confused::confused:

jbittma1 01-11-2014 09:53 AM

Not easy to go back and forth to England

dustin9900 01-11-2014 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=jbittma1;6444708]Not easy to go back and forth to England[/QUOTE]

Then why did you sell something when you had no way to ship it for a month? Was that disclosed in the sale thread? Or did the transaction go down then you gave him the bad news?

jmscoggin 01-11-2014 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=dustin9900;6444720]Then why did you sell something when you had no way to ship it for a month? Was that disclosed in the sale thread? Or did the transaction go down then you gave him the bad news?[/QUOTE]

Same questions I had (have). So tired of hospital, out of town, busy with real life blah blah blah excuses. If you can't ship on time then don't sell. End of story. Neg deserved. Last I checked England does have internet and cell service so on the lack of communication alone it is deserved.