Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default am I wrong for feeling this way?

when I pay 2.99 for an item to ship, i shouldn't have to wonder if i'm getting my card in a bubble mailer or PWE. am I incorrect in this assumption?

anyway, received a low end card in PWE despite paying 2.99 for their shipping.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

You're not wrong. PWE is unacceptable regardless of shipping charges or value unless agreed upon..

Last edited by Timmay; 01-20-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Timmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

well....was it a really really nice PWE?
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

For your $2.99, you should not only get a buble envelope but also Tracking. No matter the cost of the card, you paid for that shipping.

Kevin
Old 01-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

....sealed with a Valentine Day heart?
Timmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

$2.99 shipping for a PWE is bad form.

If the seller clearly disclosed all items ship in PWE that would have given your the opportunity to determine if you wanted to bear that risk and expense.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yea....thats ridiculous
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
You're not wrong. PWE is unacceptable regardless of shipping charges or value unless agreed upon..
I have had more cards damaged in bubble mailers than those shipped in PWEs. I don't really care as long as I get the item in the condition I expected it to be in. When I bid I include shipping when determining what my bid will be.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Ask yourself this question....."Did my card arrive to me in the condition stated?"
If so then you really have no issue.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't think you are wrong to think that way. I once received a card in a PWE after paying $3.80 shipping. I wasn't very happy.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Ask yourself this question....."Did my card arrive to me in the condition stated?"
I really have never understood this way of thinking even though I see it posted quite often. The buyer PAID for shipping. If it was free shipping I could understand people feeling this way as there was no cost to the buyer and no specification on the auction as to what free shipping method would be used. However if you are paying for shipping (especially $3 shipping) then the item should be sent in a way that reflects the shipping cost. The shipping price is not there to pad the wallet of the seller.

Whether an item is received damaged or not should not determine if someone has a valid complaint with the way it was shipped. Lets reverse the scenario and say he paid $3 shipping but the seller went out of his way to send it a more expensive way, such as a flat rate box with proper protection around it, yet the postal service looks like they ran over it with a truck and it arrives damaged. So is the buyer supposed to be upset with the seller because the postal service damaged his item, even though it was packaged above and beyond what you would expect? Of course not. He would be entitled to his money back but a negative shouldnt be warranted as the seller did what he needed to do. Back in 2001 I had someone send me an Ichiro topps gold RC /2001 (like a $100 card at the time) in a PWE with no penny sleeve and no tape on the toploader. When I received it the card had slid 3/4 of the way out of the top loader but amazingly enough it wasnt damaged. Should I not have been upset with the guy for shipping that way just because it happened to arrive in good condition?

In this case I would suggest contacting the seller about his shipping method to see if he will refund or at least apologize. Either that or just go ahead and leave a positive with a note stating 'Paid $3 s&h and item arrived in plain white envelope' and then ding the stars on the shipping price

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/

Last edited by GOWIFB; 01-20-2014 at 08:17 PM.
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
I really have never understood this way of thinking even though I see it posted quite often. The buyer PAID for shipping. If it was free shipping I could understand people feeling this way as there was no cost to the buyer and no specification on the auction as to what free shipping method would be used. However if you are paying for shipping (especially $3 shipping) then the item should be sent in a way that reflects the shipping cost. The shipping price is not there to pad the wallet of the seller.

Whether an item is received damaged or not should not determine if someone has a valid complaint with the way it was shipped. Lets reverse the scenario and say he paid $3 shipping but the seller went out of his way to send it a more expensive way, such as a flat rate box with proper protection around it, yet the postal service looks like they ran over it with a truck and it arrives damaged. So is the buyer supposed to be upset with the seller because the postal service damaged his item, even though it was packaged above and beyond what you would expect? Of course not. He would be entitled to his money back but a negative shouldnt be warranted as the seller did what he needed to do. Back in 2001 I had someone send me an Ichiro topps gold RC /2001 (like a $100 card at the time) in a PWE with no penny sleeve and no tape on the toploader. When I received it the card had slid 3/4 of the way out of the top loader but amazingly enough it wasnt damaged. Should I not have been upset with the guy for shipping that way just because it happened to arrive in good condition?

In this case I would suggest contacting the seller about his shipping method to see if he will refund or at least apologize. Either that or just go ahead and leave a positive with a note stating 'Paid $3 s&h and item arrived in plain white envelope' and then ding the stars on the shipping price
If shipping was free the op prob pays more for the card...so if he wins a card for 15.00 with free shipping and gets a card in a pwe it's ok, but if he pays 12 plus 3.00 shipping it should come in a bubble mailer? If a seller has free shipping the price is prob. Higher, what's the difference? Your theory is assanine
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

I buy the item not the shipping. Now if the listing clearly states shipping via say priority and they ship it media then that is more of an issue for me due to shipping time. As long as I get the card in the condition it was sold in I could care less how it is shipped.

Let me ask the ones who do complain this. If you pay 3.00 shipping and the seller ships it priority are you going to complain or offer to pay the seller for the extra costs?

Last edited by shrevecity; 01-20-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

neutral, thanks for the really sharp 3.00 Plain White Envelope...

if it was on the bay, same and ding the DSR
Old 01-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

So is the buyer supposed to be upset with the seller because the postal service damaged his item, even though it was packaged above and beyond what you would expect? Of course not. He would be entitled to his money back but a negative shouldnt be warranted as the seller did what he needed to do.

That scenario happens everyday on Ebay where the PO clearly drops the ball but the buyer puts full blame on the seller. I have received 2 negs where the buyer admits THEY made the mistake. One bought a 4x6 POSTCARD and said he "thought it was a poster in the neg." I had a buyer raise hell the other day because he paid 4.00 for shipping the item weighed 12 ounces so it was 3.30 to ship plus required an 8x10 bubble mailer. Problem buyers are gonna be problems no matter what.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
If shipping was free the op prob pays more for the card...so if he wins a card for 15.00 with free shipping and gets a card in a pwe it's ok, but if he pays 12 plus 3.00 shipping it should come in a bubble mailer? If a seller has free shipping the price is prob. Higher, what's the difference? Your theory is assanine
That is not what I am saying. I would be upset either way if it came in a PWE if it wasn't specified in the auction, however again the buyer actually PAID for a shipping charge. Whether or not the card would have sold for $3 more if the guy listed free shipping is speculation and really doesn't matter anyways. Fact is if you pay for shipping then it should be shipped in a way that warrants the cost. If something has free shipping you can still be disappointed if it isn't shipped in a method you find acceptable, but you really don't have any beef that you overpaid because you didn't pay for a shipping charge.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Nope it's bad business someone should only sell PWE if buyers is asked and ok with it and doesn't pay normal shipping rate. I would ding their dsr's
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
So is the buyer supposed to be upset with the seller because the postal service damaged his item, even though it was packaged above and beyond what you would expect? Of course not. He would be entitled to his money back but a negative shouldnt be warranted as the seller did what he needed to do.

That scenario happens everyday on Ebay where the PO clearly drops the ball but the buyer puts full blame on the seller. I have received 2 negs where the buyer admits THEY made the mistake. One bought a 4x6 POSTCARD and said he "thought it was a poster in the neg." I had a buyer raise hell the other day because he paid 4.00 for shipping the item weighed 12 ounces so it was 3.30 to ship plus required an 8x10 bubble mailer. Problem buyers are gonna be problems no matter what.
Well this was taken out of context of my entire post, but yes obviously there are idiot buyers out there who leave unwarranted negs. That really wasn't the issue in my post or even this thread in general. My post was in response to the earlier post where the guy says that it shouldn't matter how it was shipped so long as the buyer received it in good condition. I was just using that as an example as to why a negative should or should not be left shouldn't solely depend on the condition of the item received but should be based on the entirety of the shipping method and packaging used

Last edited by GOWIFB; 01-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

I would absolutely ding the DSRs and make a comment about the PWE being used when you paid full price for shipping. How does the seller justify $3 for shipping? You don't have to give a 1, but I would not give a 4 or 5 for that experience, either.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Yeah, I just got a Benchwarmer /5 swatch card today. Paid $8 shipping, came in a gray very lightly padded pouch. Card was a a 360pt+ snap box, loose without even a penny sleeve. Card is 130 pt. The box was wrapped around with bubble wrap. OK I guess, but the card was left loose inside the box to rattle around every time the mail truck hit a bump.

It now has 3 bent corners and a little gouge out of the center top edge of the card. Do you think this rates a 1 Star DSR?

I know I live in Canada but for $8 I expect a toploader and a penny sleeve. This is also a guy who sells 100s of cards a week, so ignorance is no excuse.
WTB: Michelle Baena 2013 hair cards /2 /5, 2013 National Letter E
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

It now has 3 bent corners and a little gouge out of the center top edge of the card. Do you think this rates a 1 Star DSR?

If the card came damaged you should be working on a refund. No matter what you paid or how it was shipped if the card gets damaged then the seller is responsible for it.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:02 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post

If the card came damaged you should be working on a refund. No matter what you paid or how it was shipped if the card gets damaged then the seller is responsible for it.
I know, it is just this was the last of the /5 swatches for my PC girl available and it is a lovely swatch. Maybe I will ask for a partial refund....
WTB: Michelle Baena 2013 hair cards /2 /5, 2013 National Letter E
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

Whether shipping is 2.99 or free, to send PWE without first clearing it with the receiving party is unacceptable. I bought a low end insert off ebay with free shipping and it came PWE totally without my consent.
PensFan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
when I pay 2.99 for an item to ship, i shouldn't have to wonder if i'm getting my card in a bubble mailer or PWE. am I incorrect in this assumption?

anyway, received a low end card in PWE despite paying 2.99 for their shipping.
Youre 100% in the right.

I just paid 2.50 in shipping for a low end gu thru ebay.
Guy sent it PWE , no tracking, and the patch window has a few bad creases
that arent in the pic. So now I have to return it for a refund.

In the end - I will have wasted 3 bucks(return shipping), the seller will lose the $ from the sale entirely, and he wont be able to to resell the card due to the damage, all because he wanted to pocket the shipping $$.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
while I generally agree and i'm thankful that my card arrived, it's pretty much a given that if I'm spending over 2 dollars on shipping that my item should be coming in more than a PWE.

On free shipping items, it's a crapshoot unless it's stated in the description.

My issue here was that there was no mention of what type of shipping would be used. Had it said "PWE" i would have passed on the auction since it was charging me 3 dollars for a small envelope and a forever stamp...

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote