Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,918
Default ebay seller profit_monster selling fake patches

There are threads in all the hobby talk sections but I think it's a good idea to keep track of all the confirmed fakes he has been selling. Here are the basketball fakes I have been able to accumulate (with help from other members):



































Avoid this member at all costs.
__________________
Buy a cheap game jersey! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/642259-clearance-joe-johnson-real-game-worn-jersey-cheap.html
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,652
Default

i posted a question on the football thread, but i'll ask it here too- is it possible to re-seal PSA holders?
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
nhsportsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The beautiful resort town of Wells, ME
Posts: 4,962
Default

Am I the only one that would never, EVER buy from someone that calls themselves profit_monster?!

The name just screams, "I have no problem forging, lying, and faking my way to making a profit."
__________________
Current Projects:
1968 Topps Baseball NM (564/598)
@acisportscards
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 29,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Am I the only one that would never, EVER buy from someone that calls themselves profit_monster?!

The name just screams, "I have no problem forging, lying, and faking my way to making a profit."
My thoughts exactly. I'd never do business with someone who has a screen name that basically is saying "I'll do anything for a profit".
__________________
What's a... pederass, Walter?
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,705
Default

thank you for consolidating this info, G. the other one i dont see are the iverson/lebron/??? exquisite triple with the fake AI star patch. ill PM you if i come across any others.

to all the FB/BB guys, please post any discovered fakes you've found as well. there's no way the patch is real on that AJ Green NT RPA gold he currently has available and i highly doubt that griffey jr topps museum mariners patch is legit.
__________________
"You stand out as crazy on the Internet. Do you realize how tough that is?"
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,474
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
thank you for consolidating this info, G. the other one i dont see are the iverson/lebron/??? exquisite triple with the fake AI star patch. ill PM you if i come across any others.

to all the FB/BB guys, please post any discovered fakes you've found as well. there's no way the patch is real on that AJ Green NT RPA gold he currently has available and i highly doubt that griffey jr topps museum mariners patch is legit.
I sent PSA a message also.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 348
Default

I got real fed up with this and tried calling ebay a few times and showing them all the proof. This one is fake and ending tonight:

Calvin Johnson 2007 UD SP Authentic 4 Color RC Auto Gold Patch 25 Autograph | eBay

real card: calvin johnson sp authentic 14/25 - Google Search
__________________
Buying/Trading for Calvin Johnson 2007 Rookie Year Autos and Patch Autos!

Goal is 100 Autos- 10% Complete
taz3432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,474
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz3432 View Post
I got real fed up with this and tried calling ebay a few times and showing them all the proof. This one is fake and ending tonight:

Calvin Johnson 2007 UD SP Authentic 4 Color RC Auto Gold Patch 25 Autograph | eBay

real card: calvin johnson sp authentic 14/25 - Google Search
What they say?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Cubs_rock21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,866
Default

eBay doesn't give a #@#@#@#@, sad but true. You have to figure there are fake rolex watches, fake oakleys, fake Jerseys, Fake Goochi bags, fake antiques, just about everything has a fake version selling somewhere on eBay. Now we expect eBay to find and remove every fake patch that is switched out from the millions of sport card auctions? Unless eBay hires experts for each category this will never happen. They literally need to hire Sports card mem. experts who would know what to do with this evidence.

eBay is just a giant money pit. They simply do not have the staff to remove all these fake auctions. Over Half the removals are done by an automated system that catches key words.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
eBay doesn't give a #@#@#@#@, sad but true. You have to figure there are fake rolex watches, fake oakleys, fake Jerseys, Fake Goochi bags, fake antiques, just about everything has a fake version selling somewhere on eBay. Now we expect eBay to find and remove every fake patch that is switched out from the millions of sport card auctions? Unless eBay hires experts for each category this will never happen. They literally need to hire Sports card mem. experts who would know what to do with this evidence.

eBay is just a giant money pit. They simply do not have the staff to remove all these fake auctions. Over Half the removals are done by an automated system that catches key words.
I don't know why but this made me laugh way too loud...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,474
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
eBay doesn't give a #@#@#@#@, sad but true. You have to figure there are fake rolex watches, fake oakleys, fake Jerseys, Fake Goochi bags, fake antiques, just about everything has a fake version selling somewhere on eBay. Now we expect eBay to find and remove every fake patch that is switched out from the millions of sport card auctions? Unless eBay hires experts for each category this will never happen. They literally need to hire Sports card mem. experts who would know what to do with this evidence.

eBay is just a giant money pit. They simply do not have the staff to remove all these fake auctions. Over Half the removals are done by an automated system that catches key words.
It also should not take hundreds of reports to get someone banned. A known scammer is not autmatically banned but simple limits are put on them. And that takes a while. Also it does not take experts to see before and after pictures.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
MetDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 4,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I don't know why but this made me laugh way too loud...
me too
==========================

thanks for the heads up, OP
__________________
2008 Topps Chrome Red Refractor SET #'d/25 98.8% complete!
NEED THESE 4 - PLEASE LMK!!!
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Super8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
eBay doesn't give a #@#@#@#@, sad but true. You have to figure there are fake rolex watches, fake oakleys, fake Jerseys, Fake Goochi bags, fake antiques, just about everything has a fake version selling somewhere on eBay. Now we expect eBay to find and remove every fake patch that is switched out from the millions of sport card auctions? Unless eBay hires experts for each category this will never happen. They literally need to hire Sports card mem. experts who would know what to do with this evidence.

eBay is just a giant money pit. They simply do not have the staff to remove all these fake auctions. Over Half the removals are done by an automated system that catches key words.
Urban Dictionary: The Gooch
__________________
Collecting Cincinnati Reds - current, past notable and HOF
Wrestling - Kane, Victoria/Tara and Sarita
Benchwarmer PC - Sandra Taylor, Jennifer Korbin, and Camille Anderson

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
revil41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NWPA
Posts: 1,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
OMG That's great
__________________
2013 the year integrity went away.
Scamming is wrong. But if you get caught and make it right, it cancels the scamming out.
revil41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 120
Default

That guy is a scum bag !
jamcas997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,474
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

bumppped for Adkins.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,164
Default

I don't even see the point. Why destroy a good/rare/valuable card just to put fake fabric in and risk not even selling the card(s) because of publicity like this?
LCM1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
corndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,859
Default

Here is some more card purchases by Galen Ketron using his Ebay ID of fatbackgoose. In the bottom half you will find three purchases of 1992 Front Row autograph cards with stickers that he will remove to make counterfeit Derek Jeter autograph cards. There are also three purchases of Muhammad Ali 1992 Pro Line base cards that he will use deletion fluid on to remove the card numbers, forge a signature, and then use his own replica embossing die to turn into counterfeit autograph cards. There is also one purchase of a 1991 Star Pics common autograph card which he will use the sticker to create a counterfeit Brett Favre or Emmitt Smith 1991 Star Pics autograph card. This is what Galen Ketron has been doing for years. Now, instead of selling these on Ebay like he used to do, he sells them at card shows, flea markets and local card shops in the Tennessee area. Profit_monster has sold many of Ketron's counterfeits.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
__________________
If we pop bubble wrap made in China, the air that comes out is from China!
corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,831
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
Here is some more card purchases by Galen Ketron using his Ebay ID of fatbackgoose. In the bottom half you will find three purchases of 1992 Front Row autograph cards with stickers that he will remove to make counterfeit Derek Jeter autograph cards. There are also three purchases of Muhammad Ali 1992 Pro Line base cards that he will use deletion fluid on to remove the card numbers, forge a signature, and then use his own replica embossing die to turn into counterfeit autograph cards. There is also one purchase of a 1991 Star Pics common autograph card which he will use the sticker to create a counterfeit Brett Favre or Emmitt Smith 1991 Star Pics autograph card. This is what Galen Ketron has been doing for years. Now, instead of selling these on Ebay like he used to do, he sells them at card shows, flea markets and local card shops in the Tennessee area. Profit_monster has sold many of Ketron's counterfeits.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
Love the 1st item on the list. A little xxx rated flic from like the 70s

COLLEEN BRENNAN Triple Feature -ANIMAL IN ME,MOTHERS PRIDE,WET, WILD & WICKED

bahahaha
__________________
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centreville, Md
Posts: 1,667
Default

Apparently he is eating very well.
Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:04:53 US $12.98 MENS BIG Size 50" WAIST THE FOUNDARY CO CARGO SHORTS NWT RTV$42

Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:18:26 US $9.99 Mens BROOKLYN EXPRESS Black CARGO Shorts (Size 50)

Damn! I am 5'9 230 and fat and only wear a 38. A 50 has to be huge!
__________________
FAKE YOUR MOUTH! I LIFT BRO!
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 6,907
Default

keep this thing bumped up
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
Apparently he is eating very well.
Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:04:53 US $12.98 MENS BIG Size 50" WAIST THE FOUNDARY CO CARGO SHORTS NWT RTV$42

Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:18:26 US $9.99 Mens BROOKLYN EXPRESS Black CARGO Shorts (Size 50)

Damn! I am 5'9 230 and fat and only wear a 38. A 50 has to be huge!
I buy and sell Levi jeans and I sold a pait of 44s a couple of weeks ago, those things were huge and I wear a 38 to 40.. I can only imagine a 50.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.