Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ebay seller profit_monster selling fake patches

There are threads in all the hobby talk sections but I think it's a good idea to keep track of all the confirmed fakes he has been selling. Here are the basketball fakes I have been able to accumulate (with help from other members):

Avoid this member at all costs.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

i posted a question on the football thread, but i'll ask it here too- is it possible to re-seal PSA holders?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Am I the only one that would never, EVER buy from someone that calls themselves profit_monster?!

The name just screams, "I have no problem forging, lying, and faking my way to making a profit."
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Am I the only one that would never, EVER buy from someone that calls themselves profit_monster?!

The name just screams, "I have no problem forging, lying, and faking my way to making a profit."
My thoughts exactly. I'd never do business with someone who has a screen name that basically is saying "I'll do anything for a profit".
Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

thank you for consolidating this info, G. the other one i dont see are the iverson/lebron/??? exquisite triple with the fake AI star patch. ill PM you if i come across any others.

to all the FB/BB guys, please post any discovered fakes you've found as well. there's no way the patch is real on that AJ Green NT RPA gold he currently has available and i highly doubt that griffey jr topps museum mariners patch is legit.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
thank you for consolidating this info, G. the other one i dont see are the iverson/lebron/??? exquisite triple with the fake AI star patch. ill PM you if i come across any others.

to all the FB/BB guys, please post any discovered fakes you've found as well. there's no way the patch is real on that AJ Green NT RPA gold he currently has available and i highly doubt that griffey jr topps museum mariners patch is legit.
I sent PSA a message also.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

I got real fed up with this and tried calling ebay a few times and showing them all the proof. This one is fake and ending tonight:

Calvin Johnson 2007 UD SP Authentic 4 Color RC Auto Gold Patch 25 Autograph | eBay

real card: calvin johnson sp authentic 14/25 - Google Search

Goal is 100 Autos- 10% Complete
taz3432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz3432 View Post
I got real fed up with this and tried calling ebay a few times and showing them all the proof. This one is fake and ending tonight:

Calvin Johnson 2007 UD SP Authentic 4 Color RC Auto Gold Patch 25 Autograph | eBay

real card: calvin johnson sp authentic 14/25 - Google Search
What they say?
Old 03-16-2014, 03:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

eBay doesn't give a #@#@#@#@, sad but true. You have to figure there are fake rolex watches, fake oakleys, fake Jerseys, Fake Goochi bags, fake antiques, just about everything has a fake version selling somewhere on eBay. Now we expect eBay to find and remove every fake patch that is switched out from the millions of sport card auctions? Unless eBay hires experts for each category this will never happen. They literally need to hire Sports card mem. experts who would know what to do with this evidence.

eBay is just a giant money pit. They simply do not have the staff to remove all these fake auctions. Over Half the removals are done by an automated system that catches key words.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
eBay doesn't give a #@#@#@#@, sad but true. You have to figure there are fake rolex watches, fake oakleys, fake Jerseys, Fake Goochi bags, fake antiques, just about everything has a fake version selling somewhere on eBay. Now we expect eBay to find and remove every fake patch that is switched out from the millions of sport card auctions? Unless eBay hires experts for each category this will never happen. They literally need to hire Sports card mem. experts who would know what to do with this evidence.

eBay is just a giant money pit. They simply do not have the staff to remove all these fake auctions. Over Half the removals are done by an automated system that catches key words.
I don't know why but this made me laugh way too loud...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

It also should not take hundreds of reports to get someone banned. A known scammer is not autmatically banned but simple limits are put on them. And that takes a while. Also it does not take experts to see before and after pictures.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I don't know why but this made me laugh way too loud...
me too
==========================

thanks for the heads up, OP
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

Urban Dictionary: The Gooch

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
OMG That's great
Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

That guy is a scum bag !
jamcas997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

bumppped for Adkins.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

I don't even see the point. Why destroy a good/rare/valuable card just to put fake fabric in and risk not even selling the card(s) because of publicity like this?
LCM1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

Here is some more card purchases by Galen Ketron using his Ebay ID of fatbackgoose. In the bottom half you will find three purchases of 1992 Front Row autograph cards with stickers that he will remove to make counterfeit Derek Jeter autograph cards. There are also three purchases of Muhammad Ali 1992 Pro Line base cards that he will use deletion fluid on to remove the card numbers, forge a signature, and then use his own replica embossing die to turn into counterfeit autograph cards. There is also one purchase of a 1991 Star Pics common autograph card which he will use the sticker to create a counterfeit Brett Favre or Emmitt Smith 1991 Star Pics autograph card. This is what Galen Ketron has been doing for years. Now, instead of selling these on Ebay like he used to do, he sells them at card shows, flea markets and local card shops in the Tennessee area. Profit_monster has sold many of Ketron's counterfeits.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
Old 03-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
Here is some more card purchases by Galen Ketron using his Ebay ID of fatbackgoose. In the bottom half you will find three purchases of 1992 Front Row autograph cards with stickers that he will remove to make counterfeit Derek Jeter autograph cards. There are also three purchases of Muhammad Ali 1992 Pro Line base cards that he will use deletion fluid on to remove the card numbers, forge a signature, and then use his own replica embossing die to turn into counterfeit autograph cards. There is also one purchase of a 1991 Star Pics common autograph card which he will use the sticker to create a counterfeit Brett Favre or Emmitt Smith 1991 Star Pics autograph card. This is what Galen Ketron has been doing for years. Now, instead of selling these on Ebay like he used to do, he sells them at card shows, flea markets and local card shops in the Tennessee area. Profit_monster has sold many of Ketron's counterfeits.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
Love the 1st item on the list. A little xxx rated flic from like the 70s

COLLEEN BRENNAN Triple Feature -ANIMAL IN ME,MOTHERS PRIDE,WET, WILD & WICKED

bahahaha
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Apparently he is eating very well.
Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:04:53 US $12.98 MENS BIG Size 50" WAIST THE FOUNDARY CO CARGO SHORTS NWT RTV$42

Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:18:26 US $9.99 Mens BROOKLYN EXPRESS Black CARGO Shorts (Size 50)

Damn! I am 5'9 230 and fat and only wear a 38. A 50 has to be huge!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

keep this thing bumped up
Old 03-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
Apparently he is eating very well.
Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:04:53 US $12.98 MENS BIG Size 50" WAIST THE FOUNDARY CO CARGO SHORTS NWT RTV$42

Mar-01-14 Mar-02-14 19:18:26 US $9.99 Mens BROOKLYN EXPRESS Black CARGO Shorts (Size 50)

Damn! I am 5'9 230 and fat and only wear a 38. A 50 has to be huge!
I buy and sell Levi jeans and I sold a pait of 44s a couple of weeks ago, those things were huge and I wear a 38 to 40.. I can only imagine a 50.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote