Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Like OMG....you have to like copy and paste the pm URL to leave feedback?? STOP THE INSANITY!!! It takes all of 2 seconds. Problem is you either had crooks and/or juveniles leaving fake feedback. Some ruin it for others.

Why are people complaining when pasting the URL from thread or PM takes only a few seconds?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
I find it ridiculous as well that we need to have a URL with feedback...I would say most of my trades happen when I randomly PM people after seeing their buckets in their sigs from random threads and look through them. There is no thread where a deal has been reached, JUST pms. Not sure what the mods expect us to do when this happens.
Open the PM, copy URL and go leave iTrader? Wow that's really tough.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Because if your on a tablet, phone, or other mini device where using a cursor is limited - I can see the issues with it being hard to do.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Because if your on a tablet, phone, or other mini device where using a cursor is limited - I can see the issues with it being hard to do.
An iPad you simply press and click copy and press longer to paste. Its actually easier than a desktop.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

I didn't notice it in the newsletter but I guess it is towards what people have wanted for some time. Only thing is, where do we put the deals to generate the URL? Or is it just the relevant sales thread/PM?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

someone needs a life
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I am FURIOUS the mods are trying to cut down on fake feedback to thwart scammers! Ridiculous.

How dare they!

F for idea.
F for execution.
F for a third line.

Don't they understand how inconvenienced I am? It will literally take me forever!

In all seriousness, I left more feedback in one sitting using this new method - using the correct deal URL for each - than any one person complaining here has left total.

I'm sorry you feel inconvenienced though.

Using your phone for deals is great. I don't know of a single phone that doesn't have a copy/paste function, but if it is difficult, just wait until you are near a pc.

You can use a fake link, but if your feedback is ever questioned it will be deleted. We had a guy use www.site.com the other day and was mad when the feedback he left was reported and removed.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Open the PM, copy URL and go leave iTrader? Wow that's really tough.
I dont think you understand what I am saying lol. Most of my deals were not done through specific threads. For example, lets say I am following this thread and I notice your photobucket link is in your sig. I "for the hell of it" check it out and find a card that catches my eye. I PM you about it and maybe we work out a deal with it. I have no URL to post with the feedback because this thread was in the members section and clearly there is no proof of a deal on this thread. I am not questioning the simplicity of this, it is indeed easy to copy and paste a URL in the feedback. However, in a situation like that (where I do most of my deals, through wandering) what would I do? That is what I am getting at. It seems that there has to be proof of a deal in place when there just may be none through a thread.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont think you understand what I am saying lol. Most of my deals were not done through specific threads. For example, lets say I am following this thread and I notice your photobucket link is in your sig. I "for the hell of it" check it out and find a card that catches my eye. I PM you about it and maybe we work out a deal with it. I have no URL to post with the feedback because this thread was in the members section and clearly there is no proof of a deal on this thread. I am not questioning the simplicity of this, it is indeed easy to copy and paste a URL in the feedback. However, in a situation like that (where I do most of my deals, through wandering) what would I do? That is what I am getting at. It seems that there has to be proof of a deal in place when there just may be none through a thread.
I have been linking the PM exchange copy and paste. It shows the deal clearly and I've yet to have an issue. I too deal mostly through PM and many people contact me directly and never post a sales thread.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I have been linking the PM exchange copy and paste. It shows the deal clearly and I've yet to have an issue. I too deal mostly through PM and many people contact me directly and never post a sales thread.
So where you post the URL you post the link of the page of the PM?
Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I find it ridiculous as well that we need to have a URL with feedback...I would say most of my trades happen when I randomly PM people after seeing their buckets in their sigs from random threads and look through them. There is no thread where a deal has been reached, JUST pms. Not sure what the mods expect us to do when this happens.
Same thing as when it's done in a thread: copy and paste the URL at the top of the page. Same process for threads and PMs, gang.

I've been copying and pasting the thread URL on my deals since Day 1. There's always been a field for that. I guess I was in the minority...
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
So where you post the URL you post the link of the page of the PM?
Yes, you got it!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Yes, you got it!
Awesome. Good to know. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #39 (permalink)

I am confused?? You have to do that on BO now when a deal is done & completed? Something wrong with imposing a trade manager since it sounds like the same thing?

Last edited by pmannings#1fan; 03-17-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: forgot word
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

I like the idea , and still think a trade manager is worthy of having , it will also eliminate backing out of deals , as once you agree to set a trade up in the trade manager and agree to it,
it is done and once deal is done then feedback is left on completed both ends of trade manager , so knocking out two birds with one stone , can't back out of deals and can't leave fake feedback with a trade manager

but the URL is good start and gives mods a easier time tracking a deal down and its specifics , I always ask members to post in my thread when I deal is reached for a reminder and non delete confirmation of said deal
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_peapod View Post
99% of my deals are done from people hitting me up asking if I want a card they have they didn't put in a thread or me hitting someone up because I know they collect a certain player asking if they have some they would sell.

A for idea
F for execution
Not following the " F " for execution part? All you need to do is copy and paste your pm exchange. Really not that hard.
purejd86p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Same thing as when it's done in a thread: copy and paste the URL at the top of the page. Same process for threads and PMs, gang.

I've been copying and pasting the thread URL on my deals since Day 1. There's always been a field for that. I guess I was in the minority...
does this get affected when PMs get deleted? or do mods still have access to the pms after they're deleted from our inboxes?
Main Wants: Rodgers 2012 5* MVP Auto, Fitz SPA RPA, Megatron NT RPA, AP NT RPA
MeetJSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJSquared View Post
does this get affected when PMs get deleted? or do mods still have access to the pms after they're deleted from our inboxes?
that's a great question

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJSquared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
that's a great question
download you messages to text or one of the other formats before you delete. that's what I do and/or save the emails that get sent to you when you get PM's

deal URL mandatory for feedback?

Deal URL Now Required When Leaving iTrader?
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Like OMG....you have to like copy and paste the pm URL to leave feedback?? STOP THE INSANITY!!! It takes all of 2 seconds. Problem is you either had crooks and/or juveniles leaving fake feedback. Some ruin it for others.

Why are people complaining when pasting the URL from thread or PM takes only a few seconds?
Being lazy and not knowing how to do it are 2 different things.

Last edited by chezball; 03-17-2014 at 12:08 PM.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
download you messages to text or one of the other formats before you delete. that's what I do and/or save the emails that get sent to you when you get PM's

deal URL mandatory for feedback?

Deal URL Now Required When Leaving iTrader?
im not worried about that, just curious what happens to the URL in the system if you do a deal via PM and the PM gets deleted long after the deal's been completed.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
im not worried about that, just curious what happens to the URL in the system if you do a deal via PM and the PM gets deleted long after the deal's been completed.
It should still exist, as long as you used the link for feedback before deleting the PM.

My main issue with the links to me, I have a hard enough time getting people to leave feedback from before this policy. Feedback being left for me now with a required link, is just going to keep a lot of users from doing feedback at all. That does not bother me so much as my feedback is high, so people will not stray away from doing deals but for newer members or low feedback members not getting feedback can make their deals tougher.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Being lazy and not knowing how to do it are 2 different things.
I honestly have no idea how someone has 2900+ posts and uses a computer all the time without knowing how to copy and paste. You've never copied a URL from any email, facebook, Word doc, etc?

Sorry, it just blows my mind.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post
I honestly have no idea how someone has 2900+ posts and uses a computer all the time without knowing how to copy and paste. You've never copied a URL from any email, facebook, Word doc, etc?

Sorry, it just blows my mind.
in his defense, if he's using a mobile device he's got a point. I have no idea how to copy/paste from my tablet. Still not that big of a deal. will just leave feedback when I'm at my pc.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
in his defense, if he's using a mobile device he's got a point. I have no idea how to copy/paste from my tablet. Still not that big of a deal. will just leave feedback when I'm at my pc.
Go to top of page where URL is. Then hold your finger down until copy comes up. Repeat. Hold finger down and you will see paste. Tap that and you are good to go.