Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,089
Default

Like OMG....you have to like copy and paste the pm URL to leave feedback?? STOP THE INSANITY!!! It takes all of 2 seconds. Problem is you either had crooks and/or juveniles leaving fake feedback. Some ruin it for others.

Why are people complaining when pasting the URL from thread or PM takes only a few seconds?
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
I find it ridiculous as well that we need to have a URL with feedback...I would say most of my trades happen when I randomly PM people after seeing their buckets in their sigs from random threads and look through them. There is no thread where a deal has been reached, JUST pms. Not sure what the mods expect us to do when this happens.
Open the PM, copy URL and go leave iTrader? Wow that's really tough.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,401
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Because if your on a tablet, phone, or other mini device where using a cursor is limited - I can see the issues with it being hard to do.
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Because if your on a tablet, phone, or other mini device where using a cursor is limited - I can see the issues with it being hard to do.
An iPad you simply press and click copy and press longer to paste. Its actually easier than a desktop.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,104
Default

I didn't notice it in the newsletter but I guess it is towards what people have wanted for some time. Only thing is, where do we put the deals to generate the URL? Or is it just the relevant sales thread/PM?
__________________
"Panini are getting the damn thing DONE" ...by using replica patches and stating that their 'game worn' cards were labelled incorrectly......
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,240
Default

someone needs a life
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 20,641
Default

I am FURIOUS the mods are trying to cut down on fake feedback to thwart scammers! Ridiculous.

How dare they!

F for idea.
F for execution.
F for a third line.

Don't they understand how inconvenienced I am? It will literally take me forever!

In all seriousness, I left more feedback in one sitting using this new method - using the correct deal URL for each - than any one person complaining here has left total.

I'm sorry you feel inconvenienced though.

Using your phone for deals is great. I don't know of a single phone that doesn't have a copy/paste function, but if it is difficult, just wait until you are near a pc.

You can use a fake link, but if your feedback is ever questioned it will be deleted. We had a guy use www.site.com the other day and was mad when the feedback he left was reported and removed.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Open the PM, copy URL and go leave iTrader? Wow that's really tough.
I dont think you understand what I am saying lol. Most of my deals were not done through specific threads. For example, lets say I am following this thread and I notice your photobucket link is in your sig. I "for the hell of it" check it out and find a card that catches my eye. I PM you about it and maybe we work out a deal with it. I have no URL to post with the feedback because this thread was in the members section and clearly there is no proof of a deal on this thread. I am not questioning the simplicity of this, it is indeed easy to copy and paste a URL in the feedback. However, in a situation like that (where I do most of my deals, through wandering) what would I do? That is what I am getting at. It seems that there has to be proof of a deal in place when there just may be none through a thread.
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
I dont think you understand what I am saying lol. Most of my deals were not done through specific threads. For example, lets say I am following this thread and I notice your photobucket link is in your sig. I "for the hell of it" check it out and find a card that catches my eye. I PM you about it and maybe we work out a deal with it. I have no URL to post with the feedback because this thread was in the members section and clearly there is no proof of a deal on this thread. I am not questioning the simplicity of this, it is indeed easy to copy and paste a URL in the feedback. However, in a situation like that (where I do most of my deals, through wandering) what would I do? That is what I am getting at. It seems that there has to be proof of a deal in place when there just may be none through a thread.
I have been linking the PM exchange copy and paste. It shows the deal clearly and I've yet to have an issue. I too deal mostly through PM and many people contact me directly and never post a sales thread.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I have been linking the PM exchange copy and paste. It shows the deal clearly and I've yet to have an issue. I too deal mostly through PM and many people contact me directly and never post a sales thread.
So where you post the URL you post the link of the page of the PM?
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
briscogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
I find it ridiculous as well that we need to have a URL with feedback...I would say most of my trades happen when I randomly PM people after seeing their buckets in their sigs from random threads and look through them. There is no thread where a deal has been reached, JUST pms. Not sure what the mods expect us to do when this happens.
Same thing as when it's done in a thread: copy and paste the URL at the top of the page. Same process for threads and PMs, gang.

I've been copying and pasting the thread URL on my deals since Day 1. There's always been a field for that. I guess I was in the minority...
__________________
Collecting Autographs on 2014 Topps Pro Debut: 125/220=57%
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
briscogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
So where you post the URL you post the link of the page of the PM?
Yes, you got it!
__________________
Collecting Autographs on 2014 Topps Pro Debut: 125/220=57%
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Yes, you got it!
Awesome. Good to know. Thanks.
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,419
Default

I am confused?? You have to do that on BO now when a deal is done & completed? Something wrong with imposing a trade manager since it sounds like the same thing?
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/

Last edited by pmannings#1fan; 03-17-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: forgot word
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
gingerscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 10,271
Default

I like the idea , and still think a trade manager is worthy of having , it will also eliminate backing out of deals , as once you agree to set a trade up in the trade manager and agree to it,
it is done and once deal is done then feedback is left on completed both ends of trade manager , so knocking out two birds with one stone , can't back out of deals and can't leave fake feedback with a trade manager

but the URL is good start and gives mods a easier time tracking a deal down and its specifics , I always ask members to post in my thread when I deal is reached for a reminder and non delete confirmation of said deal
__________________
BOSTON STRONG !
Tom Brady,Andrew Luck , Michael Jordan ,Lebron James , Ronda Rousey ,HOF'S like Mantle,Gehrig,Clemente ,Trout,Gallo,Bryant,Anthony Davis, ETC
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97254608@N05/sets/
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
purejd86p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 2,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_peapod View Post
99% of my deals are done from people hitting me up asking if I want a card they have they didn't put in a thread or me hitting someone up because I know they collect a certain player asking if they have some they would sell.

A for idea
F for execution
Not following the " F " for execution part? All you need to do is copy and paste your pm exchange. Really not that hard.
purejd86p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
MeetJSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Same thing as when it's done in a thread: copy and paste the URL at the top of the page. Same process for threads and PMs, gang.

I've been copying and pasting the thread URL on my deals since Day 1. There's always been a field for that. I guess I was in the minority...
does this get affected when PMs get deleted? or do mods still have access to the pms after they're deleted from our inboxes?
__________________
Photobucket: http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/MeetJSquared/library/
Sports Card Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/meetjsquared/a/fsft
Full Want List: http://bit.ly/1cWBzxc
Main Wants: Rodgers 2012 5* MVP Auto, Fitz SPA RPA, Megatron NT RPA, AP NT RPA
MeetJSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJSquared View Post
does this get affected when PMs get deleted? or do mods still have access to the pms after they're deleted from our inboxes?
that's a great question
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJSquared View Post
does this get affected when PMs get deleted? or do mods still have access to the pms after they're deleted from our inboxes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
that's a great question
download you messages to text or one of the other formats before you delete. that's what I do and/or save the emails that get sent to you when you get PM's

deal URL mandatory for feedback?

Deal URL Now Required When Leaving iTrader?
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Like OMG....you have to like copy and paste the pm URL to leave feedback?? STOP THE INSANITY!!! It takes all of 2 seconds. Problem is you either had crooks and/or juveniles leaving fake feedback. Some ruin it for others.

Why are people complaining when pasting the URL from thread or PM takes only a few seconds?
Being lazy and not knowing how to do it are 2 different things.

Last edited by chezball; 03-17-2014 at 12:08 PM.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
download you messages to text or one of the other formats before you delete. that's what I do and/or save the emails that get sent to you when you get PM's

deal URL mandatory for feedback?

Deal URL Now Required When Leaving iTrader?
im not worried about that, just curious what happens to the URL in the system if you do a deal via PM and the PM gets deleted long after the deal's been completed.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
im not worried about that, just curious what happens to the URL in the system if you do a deal via PM and the PM gets deleted long after the deal's been completed.
It should still exist, as long as you used the link for feedback before deleting the PM.

My main issue with the links to me, I have a hard enough time getting people to leave feedback from before this policy. Feedback being left for me now with a required link, is just going to keep a lot of users from doing feedback at all. That does not bother me so much as my feedback is high, so people will not stray away from doing deals but for newer members or low feedback members not getting feedback can make their deals tougher.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
cyberpvnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cols, OH-IO
Posts: 3,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Being lazy and not knowing how to do it are 2 different things.
I honestly have no idea how someone has 2900+ posts and uses a computer all the time without knowing how to copy and paste. You've never copied a URL from any email, facebook, Word doc, etc?

Sorry, it just blows my mind.
__________________
Bo Jackson - Ohio State Buckeyes - PSA 10 RC's
Bucket - http://s524.photobucket.com/user/kookeytalker/library/For%20Trade?sort=3&page=1
Getting out of collecting anything but OSU and Bo thanks to Panini's exclusive.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post
I honestly have no idea how someone has 2900+ posts and uses a computer all the time without knowing how to copy and paste. You've never copied a URL from any email, facebook, Word doc, etc?

Sorry, it just blows my mind.
in his defense, if he's using a mobile device he's got a point. I have no idea how to copy/paste from my tablet. Still not that big of a deal. will just leave feedback when I'm at my pc.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
in his defense, if he's using a mobile device he's got a point. I have no idea how to copy/paste from my tablet. Still not that big of a deal. will just leave feedback when I'm at my pc.
Go to top of page where URL is. Then hold your finger down until copy comes up. Repeat. Hold finger down and you will see paste. Tap that and you are good to go.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.