Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beware of new member CanucksCards

Members beware..discovered this noob is incredibly shady, full of excuses and lies. Long story short...He agreed to a deal with me on Monday. Because he is a new member we agreed I'd send half of the payment monday and the rest when the cards arrive. Never shipped out cards as promised. Began feeding me excuse after excuse...Sorry I'll ship them wednesday, sorry I'll ship them thursday, sorry I ran out of bubble mailers, then said cards were shipped out yesterday and he'd provide me with tracking number as soon as his wife gets home. Never sent the tracking number and this guy hasn't followed through on one thing he's said. I now realize he never had any intentions of mailing out my cards.

It gets better...Today he refunded my money back and said as soon as you get the cards just mail them back to me and I'll know when you get them because I have the tracking number. lol Said he was angry I was talking down to him and doesn't need the stress and is frustrated...I wasn't talking down to him at all...I simply was being straight with him and confronting him regarding the situation.

Did some research and found out one of the cards he supposedly shipped to me was sold to another member 3 weeks ago on another forum site.

He also made a strange comment in one of the emails saying as soon as he sold all his cards he was gone because the forums aren't fun....

So find out a few minutes ago he sold some of the SAME EXACT CARDS he sold to me to another member here.

Avoid this member and if you've already made a deal with him I hope you get your cards or at least a refund!

Last edited by Rylin1711; 03-29-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Rylin1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Did you notify the mods?
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

chezball - sure did!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

So is he gonna pay for return shipping?
xDomePatrolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

He did say he would pay for return shipping however, I highly doubt he shipped the cards out to begin with considering he refuses to provide me with a tracking number. Not to mention he sold one of the cards to another member in this particular lot that I bought.

We'll see...
Old 03-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

sounds shady as hell
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Got an email reply from buddy:

Message #1:
"Deal is over period! You have been refunded thanks. If you weren't so anal none of this would have happened. Go talk to someone else like a child I ain't ur guy to do that to. And you better send my cards! Now quit emailing me this is a done deal actually I will just block you."

Message #2
"Man you are one pompous jackass but you must know that. So now that you have tried to screw me and my purchases you'll be happy to know everybody has their tracking numbers so jokes on you ya moron. I have the right to sell my cards to who ever I want to and cam simply gave me a better and fair offer and you were clearly low balling me and trying to rip me off I know you were just gonna get the cards and flip them for profit I am not stupid. If that is what cam does that is fine at least he gave me a decent price. Thank you for alarming everyone for no reason hahaha. Ur welcome"

Apparently asking for tracking means I am anal The way he is justifying the shadiness is by saying my offer was too low 5 days later. So this comes after he agreed to the deal, took my money, lied about shipping for 5 days, sold cards to another member, and then sends this message clearly showing character. So here is hoping everyone else gets their cards!

I guess I can take his message as an admission of guilt that he did not in fact ship any cards to me!

Last edited by Rylin1711; 03-29-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey guys, I am the other member that Rylin1711 was referring to in that CanucksCards sold me a few of the same cards he sold Rylin1711. CanucksCards sent me a tracking number just a few minutes ago, and it checks out on USPS.com.

Here is my hypothesis on what happened. I believe CanucksCards is trying to unload his entire collection, and I picked up a good bit of it in a giant lot earlier this week. Rylin1711 had a much smaller deal worked out with him, and I think that he would have preferred to sell it all at one time. I may also have offered him a slightly better price, though I am not 100% sure of that. I think that he felt my offer was a better deal, and since it involved some of the same cards CanucksCards backed out on his deal with Rylin1711.

I'm not saying that that is at all the right business move since he already committed to a deal with Rylin1711, but I do not believe that CanucksCards is a scammer. Honestly I just think that he wasn't willing to tell Rylin1711 what had actually happened. I guess he resorted to name calling as a defense mechanism and felt that he got lowballed since I offered him more for similar cars, though like I said that is only my hypothesis.

I will keep this thread updated if the all of the cards arrive. According to USPS.com he sent it 2-day priority mail, so it should be soon; most likely Tuesday.

Thanks,
Cam
camroy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by camroy14 View Post
Hey guys, I am the other member that Rylin1711 was referring to in that CanucksCards sold me a few of the same cards he sold Rylin1711. CanucksCards sent me a tracking number just a few minutes ago, and it checks out on USPS.com.

Here is my hypothesis on what happened. I believe CanucksCards is trying to unload his entire collection, and I picked up a good bit of it in a giant lot earlier this week. Rylin1711 had a much smaller deal worked out with him, and I think that he would have preferred to sell it all at one time. I may also have offered him a slightly better price, though I am not 100% sure of that. I think that he felt my offer was a better deal, and since it involved some of the same cards CanucksCards backed out on his deal with Rylin1711.

I'm not saying that that is at all the right business move since he already committed to a deal with Rylin1711, but I do not believe that CanucksCards is a scammer. Honestly I just think that he wasn't willing to tell Rylin1711 what had actually happened. I guess he resorted to name calling as a defense mechanism and felt that he got lowballed since I offered him more for similar cars, though like I said that is only my hypothesis.

I will keep this thread updated if the all of the cards arrive. According to USPS.com he sent it 2-day priority mail, so it should be soon; most likely Tuesday.

Thanks,
Cam
Honestly, what you think doesn't mean squat. The guy pulled a jerk move, sent jerk pm's and should get a fat neg.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks,
Cam
The tone I'm getting from that is that you could care less what happened to the op. I get that you can't control what the seller did but your attitude about the whole situation sucks. But hey, as long as you get yours it's all good right? I am so sick of all of the selfish pr(*ks in this hobby. You did offer more (probably) though so it serves the op right.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylin1711 View Post
Got an email reply from buddy:

Message #1:
"Deal is over period! You have been refunded thanks. If you weren't so anal none of this would have happened. Go talk to someone else like a child I ain't ur guy to do that to. And you better send my cards! Now quit emailing me this is a done deal actually I will just block you."
Be prepared for the inevitable "I never got my cards back, you owe me" statement.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
The tone I'm getting from that is that you could care less what happened to the op. I get that you can't control what the seller did but your attitude about the whole situation sucks. But hey, as long as you get yours it's all good right? I am so sick of all of the selfish pr(*ks in this hobby. You did offer more (probably) though so it serves the op right.
Spot on. Personally, I'd be ashamed to have given the seller a dime of my money and the last thing I'd do was try to cover for the lowlife in any way, shape, or form.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Big mistake even posting that camroy. I'm sure we won't see CC post anything on this thread.

Andy Dufresne
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

My apologies for the offense that was obviously taken from a few members. I am not sticking up for what the guy did, it was not correct in screwing someone over because someone else offered you more. I am merely just saying what I think happened. There is a big difference between bad business and stealing money, so I wanted to be clear that even though it was a jerk move, nobody is getting scammed for their cash.

As for jmscoggin calling me a selfish prick, LOL. Rylin1711 and I have talked and I offered him first crack at whatever (if anything) shows up here at the price I paid. If CanucksCards hadn't already shipped the package I would have told him what he did was wrong and that I would forfeit whatever was sold to the OP so that their previous deal could continue.

I am assuming I must have come off wrong in the first message as far as tone, which is hard to get right while typing instead of talking in person.

Cam

Last edited by camroy14; 03-29-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Big mistake even posting that camroy. I'm sure we won't see CC post anything on this thread.
Insinuating they may be one in the same?
Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Insinuating they may be one in the same?
insinuating I already took up for him
Old 03-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
My apologies for the offense that was obviously taken from a few members. I am not sticking up for what the guy did, it was not correct in screwing someone over because someone else offered you more. I am merely just saying what I think happened. There is a big difference between bad business and stealing money, so I wanted to be clear that even though it was a jerk move, nobody is getting scammed for their cash.

As for jmscoggin calling me a selfish prick, LOL. Rylin1711 and I have talked and I offered him first crack at whatever (if anything) shows up here at the price I paid. If CanucksCards hadn't already shipped the package I would have told him what he did was wrong and that I would forfeit whatever was sold to the OP so that their previous deal could continue.

I am assuming I must have come off wrong in the first message as far as tone, which is hard to get right while typing instead of talking in person.

Cam
Sorry about that, and I mean it. Wasn't really at you but just a built up frustration of the me first and me only attitude around here. I agree that tone is hard to get across in type as I have been misinterpreted many times. For the record, I didn't call you what you said. I called you a "pr(*k". Clearly you can see they are different.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

good on you for leaving a neg...
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

I agree that dude is a jerk. However, when paying through pp, there really isn't a need for somebody to send first without full payment.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

Clarka - the terms we agreed to were that because he was a new member I'd send half of the payment up front and the rest when I received the cards. Simple as that.

Side note, this is the only forum I'm aware of that allows a new member to buy/sell/trade and not have to send first until they get some feedback under their belt. The other forums require that they first build a reputation which makes sense to me...

But any way, looks like CanucksCards is back to selling again which is fine by me if it's okay with the mods. Problem is, he is running his mouth again claiming that his negative will be reversed because he was falsely accused. Here is the response I left in his sale thread...

I've washed my hands of this guy but for the record I highly doubt his negative will be reversed as I sent the entire convo including our agreed up on deals to the mods for them to review. Now he's claiming he was "falsely accused"...I can assure you that is a flat out lie, one of many he's told. Seller's remorse would better explain it...He's upset that he sold me cards, took my money, then apparently got a better deal from another member after the fact who wanted to buy even more cards from him. So he ended up selling a few of the same cards he agreed to sell to me to another member. He strung me along and after 5 days of excuses as to why he hadn't shipped my cards out he decided to refund my money and became irate when I confronted him regarding the situation and asked for a tracking number. The name calling doesn't bother me one bit but it's quite comical that he is claiming I am the one who ripped him off because I was trying to low ball him. The question is, if he didn't like my offer then why did he agree to the deal and accept my money? It's not as if I was holding a gun to his head. He could have simply said I'll pass. But he did not.

Blowout members can use their own judgement in determining whether or not to deal with him. I could care less that I didn't receive any cards from him...After all that has been said and done I'd rather just have my money back because I don't like to deal with shady characters. That is all from me...let the petty name calling ensue, as I'm sure it will!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylin1711 View Post
Clarka - the terms we agreed to were that because he was a new member I'd send half of the payment up front and the rest when I received the cards. Simple as that.

Side note, this is the only forum I'm aware of that allows a new member to buy/sell/trade and not have to send first until they get some feedback under their belt. The other forums require that they first build a reputation which makes sense to me...

But any way, looks like CanucksCards is back to selling again which is fine by me if it's okay with the mods. Problem is, he is running his mouth again claiming that his negative will be reversed because he was falsely accused. Here is the response I left in his sale thread...

I've washed my hands of this guy but for the record I highly doubt his negative will be reversed as I sent the entire convo including our agreed up on deals to the mods for them to review. Now he's claiming he was "falsely accused"...I can assure you that is a flat out lie, one of many he's told. Seller's remorse would better explain it...He's upset that he sold me cards, took my money, then apparently got a better deal from another member after the fact who wanted to buy even more cards from him. So he ended up selling a few of the same cards he agreed to sell to me to another member. He strung me along and after 5 days of excuses as to why he hadn't shipped my cards out he decided to refund my money and became irate when I confronted him regarding the situation and asked for a tracking number. The name calling doesn't bother me one bit but it's quite comical that he is claiming I am the one who ripped him off because I was trying to low ball him. The question is, if he didn't like my offer then why did he agree to the deal and accept my money? It's not as if I was holding a gun to his head. He could have simply said I'll pass. But he did not.

Blowout members can use their own judgement in determining whether or not to deal with him. I could care less that I didn't receive any cards from him...After all that has been said and done I'd rather just have my money back because I don't like to deal with shady characters. That is all from me...let the petty name calling ensue, as I'm sure it will!

yeah, i was on my tablet and therefore was short in my post. Wasn't coming down on you, just saying generally PP always has your back and therefore no need to not pay first when dealing with a noob (just don't pay gift!).

But, if you guys agreed to the half now half on receipt, fair enough!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

Oh I know and I hear ya! Just wanted to clarify the reasoning behind it.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Hmmm... if someone called me out and I thought it was bunk, I sure as sheaat would make sure everyone in that thread knew my side.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Hmmm... if someone called me out and I thought it was bunk, I sure as sheaat would make sure everyone in that thread knew my side.
I'm not real smart but I think you are trying to insinuate something. Can't quite make it out.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Exactly...but he'd prefer to harass me via email instead. Just received an email today from his buddy who I guess is doing his bidding now. Mind you I haven't responded to either of them because you can't reason with childish, irrational hot heads. Any way here's what he had to say...

"It's a shame they let a low balling scammer like you on blowoutcards.com it's people like you who give this hobby a bad name. Low balling someone is the worst of the worst. Guess that's why nobody of any value to this hobby like you congregate on blowout it ought to be called scammer cards.com didn't ya think? Since you wanted to bash my friend for doing nothing wrong believe me ur name will be garbage in our hobby and nobodybwi wanna deal with you. Shame on you for being a big baby."

Not sure if he is a member here, name is Phil Vandemark...

Again, I am the "scammer" for making an offer on his cards and him happily accepting that offer as well as my money. In all of my years on the forums, ebay, etc I've never had to deal with a situation/human being quite like this....Guess I should consider myself lucky?

I've been in contact with the mods. Looks like CC has been temporarily suspended...that's a start. Wish there were a way I could block him via email (I'll have to figure that one out) however, the more he runs his mouth the more he seems to convict himself so I guess for now I'll let him chime away.

Any way, I hope the other members who have dealt with him are receiving their cards!
Good day!