Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default First time dealing with a (potential) non-ship, suggestions?

Hey guys, this is the first time I have had to deal with this situation so I wanted some advice. A member on this board sent me a pm on the 23rd offering me a great lot for my PC guy. i pm'ed him back and paid him that same day. I got a pm on Tuesday the 25th saying it shipped on Monday and he would get me the tracking number once his wife got back. He hasn't logged in since he sent that pm, the cards haven't arrived yet, and I have sent him 2 pms since asking what the deal is. Paypal also is not showing shipped. I told him I would give him till tomorrow. What are the proper steps?
Claim on paypal, report to the mods, neg feedback? Anything else? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
legion624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I am new to this board and football cards but I am not new to card collecting, active Garbage Pail Kids collector. I have done numerous trades on a GPK board and your situation would depend on a couple of factors.

When you paid with PayPal, did you send as a gift or as merchandise? If you sent as a gift, you will get nowhere with PayPal since it was considered a gift (meaning the receiver of the monies had no fees). If you did send as merchandise, then you will be able to contact PayPal to help you work this situation out.

PayPal not showing shipped does not necessarily mean that it hasn't shipped. Just means that he didn't use PayPal to pay for his shipping. I would give it another week to see if he responds or you get the item.
militaryhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you paid as gift, you can't claim on paypal. I sent a small gift payment to a wrong (but valid) email address and the other party ignored my request of refund. When I contacted paypal, they basically told me to take a hike.

It's only 1 week, so I will wait 1 more week to open a claim (if you can) and notify the mods. Negative when it is clear you are not getting your cards.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

There isn't a rush so waiting a week isn't an issue. I am pretty sure I used goods as payment but when I went into paypal to make sure I couldn't tell. Is there a way to verify if a payment was sent as gift or goods?
Old 03-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

was it EST1987?
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I wonder if he got anyone else.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
was it EST1987?
Yes it was. That sucks. I had dealt with him a couple of times. Seemed cool enough. Looks like he sold me and Jrb1 the same cards after sharing some pms. Watch out for him although he hasn't signed on since the 25th.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion624 View Post
Yes it was. That sucks. I had dealt with him a couple of times. Seemed cool enough. Looks like he sold me and Jrb1 the same cards after sharing some pms. Watch out for him although he hasn't signed on since the 25th.
I made quite a few deals with him myself. Its a shame.

Lesson Learned : if its to good to be true it is, no matter how good of a relationship you have with someone.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
There isn't a rush so waiting a week isn't an issue. I am pretty sure I used goods as payment but when I went into paypal to make sure I couldn't tell. Is there a way to verify if a payment was sent as gift or goods?
I looked over some of my past transactions on PayPal and those that I received using the goods, when looking at the details it comes up with Seller Protection for me and for those that didn't. Nothing on the details screen except for payment information. I hope that helps. I haven't sent money using PayPal as goods in a while so not sure on how to tell if you used goods or gift to friends and family.
militaryhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

The irony is that he is still a member and not banned yet. If one of the chosen ones were ripped off he would have been banned with the quickness.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well the mods wouldn't have known about it until today unless you have already reported him. I just contacted a mod after you let me know he tried to sell you the same cards as me.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well the mods wouldn't have known about it until today unless you have already reported him. I just contacted a mod after you let me know he tried to sell you the same cards as me.
I have had a thread up for 2 days. I find it funny that someone can scam someone here and still be a member, yet someone shilling on ebay gets banned here.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
The irony is that he is still a member and not banned yet. If one of the chosen ones were ripped off he would have been banned with the quickness.
Bitter much?

How can the mods know to look into someone if noone has told them about the situation? This thread can be reported, or, someone can PM iluvfish, pskell or houdini directly for assistance.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Bitter much?

How can the mods know to look into someone if noone has told them about the situation? This thread can be reported, or, someone can PM iluvfish, pskell or houdini directly for assistance.
I did that a little while ago. I originally posted this thread for advice since this is the first time since I joined the board this has happened to me. I have provided iluvfish with several different pieces of evidence so hopefully that helps.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I did that a little while ago. I originally posted this thread for advice since this is the first time since I joined the board this has happened to me. I have provided iluvfish with several different pieces of evidence so hopefully that helps.
Did you speak with Paypal yet?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:

Sorry I missed the memo that said we are to subscribe and follow your every post.

Quote:
I have had a thread up for 2 days. I find it funny that someone can scam someone here and still be a member, yet someone shilling on ebay gets banned here.
Once again sems like a great idea if you have problems to let the staff know. Amazing how little effort it takes to click the report button. Given you've reported posts in this thread I know you know how to use it.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Sorry I missed the memo that said we are to subscribe and follow your every post.

Once again sems like a great idea if you have problems to let the staff know. Amazing how little effort it takes to click the report button. Given you've reported posts in this thread I know you know how to use it.
ayyyyyyyyyyoooooooo!

dude can apparently dish it out but has to report it because he can't take it.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

A liar and a rat? Imagine that.

Jrb if you want to be heard on something you've got to PM a mod and stop reporting fellow members here. With the amount of traffic this site gets the mods can't follow you around all day. No reason to call out the mods and their decisions just contact them directly and I'm sure they will answer any questions you have got. Remember, they have lives to and don't even get paid for this.
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Wasn't that the point of reporting that post? To alert you of this and to get the trolls out? Nope I guess not its Jrb1.

So what happened was you saw the report, clicked the thread and ignored the title? That's how I interpeted that post.

I wasn't trying to call you or any mod out fish, more just trying to understand the pecking order.

Last edited by Jrb1; 03-31-2014 at 10:21 PM.