Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #76 (permalink)

I pegged Jrb1 as an idiot very early on, but never in my wildest dreams did I think he was capable of this.

Good riddance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Guys...I dont normally post these, however if anyone had any pending deals please feel free to link paypal to this thread and I would post here as well if he does file any chargebacks so everything can be linked and tracked. If they or you need any additional help please contact me.

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "iluvfish2@yahoo.com" <iluvfish2@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:37 AM
Subject: Jrb1

Fish you are the biggest coward (edited) (edited) I have ever met on the internet. You people have alot of hell coming your way with this banning. You destroyed my character and let these little (edited) do what they want, yet I can't defend myself. You also let that (edited) (edited) Whodini ruin my character.

GO (edited) YOURSELF YOU (edited) (edited)

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "iluvfish2@yahoo.com" <iluvfish2@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:39 AM
Subject: Jrb1

(edited) (edited) you opened up a whole can of worms on this. I am filing a chargeback on every single pending deal I have on your website. You corrupt piece of (edited) (edited) (edited).

Tell me this is an April Fool's joke a day late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
THe mob mentality some how gives extra protection and a good feeling to gang up and torrment someone. A perfect case of a telephone tough guy or what we have come know as a bully!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I honestly think its a build of frustrtation from being picked on over and over. This is such a social hobby. Whether he deserved it or not is not the question at hand. I much rather focus on the issues that are leading to why certain individuals are "crapping" out.
Either way, a man is responsible for his own actions.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #78 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Thank you.

NO ONE ELSE can ruin or destroy your character. NO ONE.

You either have character or you do not have character. It has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else. If anyone has to blame their lack of character on others, it is merely another example of no character.

You CANNOT be bullied into having no character.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you. You reap what you sow
Old 04-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #80 (permalink)

I do have a small question to ask the mods. And guys I am not looking for an argument here. Just a simple answer.

It seems like Jrb1 had many shady issues before the events of the last few days.

I come to this conclusion because of all the links posted of his past shady behavior.

If the mods felt he was a shady person with bad character before the events of the last few days then why was he not banned long ago?

I mean if you truly believed he was not trustworthy then why was he allowed to roam free on here and still do deals with people?

I totally agree he should be banned after those emails to fish so please dont get the wrong impression about that.

I just dont understand why all his past actions are being brought up now and were not dealt with when they happened?

He should have been banned long ago if you truly felt he was putting members at risk with his shady behavior.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I do have a small question to ask the mods. And guys I am not looking for an argument here. Just a simple answer.

It seems like Jrb1 had many shady issues before the events of the last few days.

I come to this conclusion because of all the links posted of his past shady behavior.

If the mods felt he was a shady person with bad character before the events of the last few days then why was he not banned long ago?

I mean if you truly believed he was not trustworthy then why was he allowed to roam free on here and still do deals with people?

I totally agree he should be banned after those emails to fish so please dont get the wrong impression about that.

I just dont understand why all his past actions are being brought up now and were not dealt with when they happened?

He should have been banned long ago if you truly felt he was putting members at risk with his shady behavior.
He was banned because he begun attacking the mods. You can't make such an action and not expect a reaction. It's common sense. You don't attack authority figures and not expect consequences.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
He was banned because he begun attacking the mods. You can't make such an action and not expect a reaction. It's common sense. You don't attack authority figures and not expect consequences.
I think the question is why wasn't he banned earlier, for shadiness, etc.
Full Want List: http://bit.ly/1cWBzxc
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #83 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Cuz he had so many A+++ smoochy smoochy positive i-traders.

Now I'm done with it.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJSquared View Post
I think the question is why wasn't he banned earlier, for shadiness, etc.
Ah, well it seems like it is harder to get banned for scamming and thieving than it is by saying a bad word. That is how it has always been and ck knows this.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
What makes all these people A+ or A++ or A+++ or A++++ people to work with, in your opinion? "Buyer paid promptly-A+." Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Your seem to throw around praise like everyone is just so super-duper great for doing the basics. Or are they going above and beyond? If they are, you should put in the i-trader what they did to earn the extra kudos.

And I must of hit a cord with you since I didn't name anyone in my previous post yet you felt the need to respond. I'm saying it goes for EVERYONE tossing lovey-dovey hugs and kisses i-trader around like it's going out of style. I've given five A+ feed backs in 6 years: two to Jlzink, one to dthimesch, one to excel-b and one other that probably wasn't warranted. But I sure as $#!+ didn't do it just because they did the basics of what was required in the deal. And none of them are banned d-bags.
I felt the need to respond because I don't appreciate being called a fool for something that I don't deem foolish. You seem like you need to pick some sort of fight so im glad you got your little fix for today.

Look at 90% of ebay feedback and blowout feedback. A+ or ++ or +++ is a default positive if something goes as it should. I apologize for not having all the time in the world to detail my every experience with every member I make a trade with.

I made a deal with someine who had 300+positive feedback and then he gets banned for something completely unrelated to a bad transaction. Seeing as I left the feedback to someone before they were a banned d bag, I think you should move on and mind your own business. Much appreciated. That will get you an A+

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #86 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:

There are many members who are not positive contributors to the forum, but they are not banned.

He was caught lying a few times and there were a few threads calling him out on eBay, but we do not ban for that either. Plus, there were other posts praising him too - not every post about him was negative.

He did not show a risk to the forum until recently when he started making completely false claims about hugh... and after he was banned and swore to file paypal claims on every single deal he has on Blowout.

Quote:
That is not why he was banned. He was ultimately banned for making up false claims of trimming against another member. When asked for evidence, he claimed he heard it from a highly respected unnamed source. This might not have resulted in a ban by itself (not sure), but it was the last straw.

As evidenced by his recent emails, it was 100% the correct course.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
this is the best quote of the thread. one can blame fish, houdini, or his mom, but more easily, one should just look in the mirror.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #88 (permalink)

Kind of an interesting can of worms that you have opened. Jrb1 had his personality issues, but did not do anything ban worthy up until he cussed out Fish or did he? I can think of another once prominent member of these boards that is the same type of unapologetic liar and troll as Jrb1. I know I have plead my case with a couple of mods of why I felt that person did not deserve to be part of this forum. The mods did not agree with me and I went on with life until the next over the top lie that he told and the next lie and the next lie.

Quote:

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #89 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Ah, well it seems like it is harder to get banned for scamming and thieving than it is by saying a bad word. That is how it has always been and ck knows this.
I see this blanket statement made a lot by people trying to defend their own inappropriate behavior.

Please back it up. Which proven scammers and thieves are allowed to roam free on Blowout?

Which members were banned solely for saying a bad word?

I am very interested to see these two lists.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I see this blanket statement made a lot by people trying to defend their own inappropriate behavior.

Please back it up. Which proven scammers and thieves are allowed to roam free on Blowout?

Well I should have included that the problem has been handled well lately. Ever since the haiku debacle it seems once a scammer is finally called out and "actually reported" to a mod it gets handled fairly quick and I think we have you to thank for this. A few years back on here the scammers would last a long time on here before finally being banned. There would be quite a few call out threads about them before getting banned.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:

Here's my interpretation.

Member A has 94% positive feedback (30 positive, 2 negative, both negs were for slow shipping).

Some on this forum would call this member a scammer. Some would say he shouldn't be part of this forum. Some would say he's fine, feedback is working as intended.

Now comes the interpretation. Lets say Member A didn't ship one of the packages until he was called out. Now the argument becomes "Yeah, you're only shipping because you got called out. If you didn't, it would still be on your desk".

Is he a scammer? To some, yes. To some, no.

Everyone is arguing semantics. A member may see a situation as banable, but a Mod may not. Vice versa holds true as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #92 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Well I should have included that the problem has been handled well lately. Ever since the haiku debacle it seems once a scammer is finally called out and "actually reported" to a mod it gets handled fairly quick and I think we have you to thank for this. A few years back on here the scammers would last a long time on here before finally being banned. There would be quite a few call out threads about them before getting banned.
No, it's not me. I didn't even ban jrb1 at all - or request it. However, I do support the action.

The forum is so much larger than it was - even since the haiku days we have grown a lot.

Because we are so much larger, where a member once was given the benefit of the doubt, now we act more so to err on the side of caution.

That means scammers go faster. One substantiated report and they are gone.

Slow shippers and poor traders are still handled by iTrader and call out threads, but scammers and thieves go - and go quickly. That is from all mods/admins.

I'm the Ferris Bueller of mods. I do very little real work, but have gotten way more than my share of praise recently (taken a few lumps too - deserved or not).
Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
No, it's not me. I didn't even ban jrb1 at all - or request it. However, I do support the action.

The forum is so much larger than it was - even since the haiku days we have grown a lot.

Because we are so much larger, where a member once was given the benefit of the doubt, now we act more so to err on the side of caution.

That means scammers go faster. One substantiated report and they are gone.

Slow shippers and poor traders are still handled by iTrader and call out threads, but scammers and thieves go - and go quickly. That is from all mods/admins.

I'm the Ferris Bueller of mods. I do very little real work, but have gotten way more than my share of praise recently (taken a few lumps too - deserved or not).
You should take some of the credit. Back in my days on this forum (pre 2011) very rarely would a mod EVER say anything or interact on the forums. Weeks would go by before I ever saw a mod post anything. People got away with a lot more than they could nowadays since you're patrolling this place with hammer in hand. Believe me, there was much more chaos.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #94 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
You should take some of the credit. Back in my days on this forum (pre 2011) very rarely would a mod EVER say anything or interact on the forums. Weeks would go by before I ever saw a mod post anything. People got away with a lot more than they could nowadays since you're patrolling this place with hammer in hand. Believe me, there was much more chaos.
There are more mods now doing a lot of work behind the scenes.

I am more visible because I break every night for BlowoutTV and run Blowout's breaks here on the forum in conjunction with Matt at the Fantastic Store (who does much better breaks and is not a jerk like me).

I am not being false modest when I say that it isn't me. It's 100% true. I am more vocal and visible, but that's because I am a mod slacker and have more time to post.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
There are many members who are not positive contributors to the forum, but they are not banned.

He was caught lying a few times and there were a few threads calling him out on eBay, but we do not ban for that either. Plus, there were other posts praising him too - not every post about him was negative.

He did not show a risk to the forum until recently when he started making completely false claims about hugh... and after he was banned and swore to file paypal claims on every single deal he has on Blowout.

That is not why he was banned. He was ultimately banned for making up false claims of trimming against another member. When asked for evidence, he claimed he heard it from a highly respected unnamed source. This might not have resulted in a ban by itself (not sure), but it was the last straw.

As evidenced by his recent emails, it was 100% the correct course.
ok, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Kind of an interesting can of worms that you have opened. Jrb1 had his personality issues, but did not do anything ban worthy up until he cussed out Fish or did he? I can think of another once prominent member of these boards that is the same type of unapologetic liar and troll as Jrb1. I know I have plead my case with a couple of mods of why I felt that person did not deserve to be part of this forum. The mods did not agree with me and I went on with life until the next over the top lie that he told and the next lie and the next lie.
Who are you talking about? Imac?
Old 04-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
There are more mods now doing a lot of work behind the scenes.

I am more visible because I break every night for BlowoutTV and run Blowout's breaks here on the forum in conjunction with Matt at the Fantastic Store (who does much better breaks and is not a jerk like me).

I am not being false modest when I say that it isn't me. It's 100% true. I am more vocal and visible, but that's because I am a mod slacker and have more time to post.
I think you are being modest and I agree with D2R (shocker). While I don't know how much actual work you do or do not do I do () find your presence on the forums refreshing. When I joined, it was months before I had the slightest idea who the mods were. Heck, that Haiku thread begged for input and not a peep from a mod that I remember. The ownership you have taken here has not gone unnoticed. You have run people that needed to be run and I guarantee you have directly caused people that would have been acting a fool to not be.

When there is no authority around vs when there is authority all around you will see drastically different dynamics. There may be members that disagree with some of your moves but I doubt you will find a single one that will say your activity hasn't improved the place. Not blowing smoke, I just call it like I see it be it positive or negative.

I also wanted to say that I appreciate Fish. Yes, he suspended me and no, I don't agree with it but I respect it and we had a pretty good back and forth conversation during it. I get where he was coming from and he seems to be good people.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 04-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
ok, thanks

Who are you talking about? Imac?
I don't know, you tell me who this description fits.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
You dont win the most entries, sorry....however you may have the most colorful entry: 4/8/13 - warning - nudity
Was it at least spankable nudity?

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
Old 04-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Yep, I tend to blame a lack of discipline and being an overall a-hole. I know it is easier to blame ones bad actions on others than I don't know .................. holding the scum bags accountable. It is funny, most of these scum defenders take a crap ton of heat for doing it yet they don't snap themselves. I wonder why that is? Maybe personal self control? They don't even get the contradiction in their message and their own actions.
I think you hit it right on the nose. I guess they're hard wired differently than most.