Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
This is usually the case when a scumbag is revealed
True story. I lost count of how many times I've seen it including the biggest scammer in BO history. That is how scammers work, they build up trust and then whammo.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #127 (permalink)

They are one that hurts me the most.
Because of them people are probably thinking I'm building up trust and then whammo as well.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
This is usually the case when a scumbag is revealed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
True story. I lost count of how many times I've seen it including the biggest scammer in BO history. That is how scammers work, they build up trust and then whammo.
I understand where you guys are coming from because of the Haiku, Papiis and Mike Cancelierres of the world.

However in my travels on here 99% of the members with 300.400 or 500+..all positive Itrader are all excellent upstanding, honest people.

The list of members who turned bad after they built up a ton of feedback is very small.

The list of members who built up high feedback and are still to this day trustworthy people is a very large list.

Much larger then the few who went rouge.

Its very frustrating when people say things along the lines of "You might go all Haiku " on us one day and start robbing people.

A lot of people have worked hard to build solid feedback and are good honest people and to lump them into the category with Haiku and the few others who have gone bad is pretty unfair.

Now, I am not saying that you two guys are doing this. I just quoted you so I had some context to post about.

How much all positive feedback does someone need before they are trusted?

A million, 2 million?

Its a growing trend on here lately. I have seen new members with 3 or less feedback refuse to send first on a trade because the other trader, who happens to have 500+ all positive feedback might "Haiku" them. Ridiculous.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

Its a growing trend on here lately. I have seen new members with 3 or less feedback refuse to send first on a trade because the other trader, who happens to have 500+ all positive feedback might "Haiku" them. Ridiculous.
and these newbies will just make their way onto my ignore list........
Old 04-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal View Post
and these newbies will just make their way onto my ignore list........
Mine as well. I have a massive ignore list.

I have no idea of what is happening on this forum in the last few weeks but boy o boy its not good.

There is a slew of great members who used to sell all the time on here. Now you may see a sale thread every few months, if that.

BigBenBff
RonLabo
ND3
Ray27Ray52
SportsShowcase
SacGwynn

Right there is about 3,000 all positive feedback who seem to want nothing to do with this forum anymore. And that's just off the top of my head. I could probably find dozens more if I took the time to look. Its disappointing.

These are the people we need to try and keep on the forum.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #131 (permalink)

i knew this guy was bad from the start. He got what he deserved GOOD JOB MODS!!!

pc: colin kaepernick
Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #132 (permalink)
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Mine as well. I have a massive ignore list.

I have no idea of what is happening on this forum in the last few weeks but boy o boy its not good.

There is a slew of great members who used to sell all the time on here. Now you may see a sale thread every few months, if that.

BigBenBff
RonLabo
ND3
Ray27Ray52
SportsShowcase
SacGwynn

Right there is about 3,000 all positive feedback who seem to want nothing to do with this forum anymore. And that's just off the top of my head. I could probably find dozens more if I took the time to look. Its disappointing.

These are the people we need to try and keep on the forum.
I just picked up a card from Ray27Ray52 on another site and he shipped it 2 day air just because he knew i was excited about it. Just a little side shoutout lettin you know he hasnt changed a bit.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #133 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
I just picked up a card from Ray27Ray52 on another site and he shipped it 2 day air just because he knew i was excited about it. Just a little side shoutout lettin you know he hasnt changed a bit.
Breakers and fb groups are making it easier to move cards at fast clip...Forum transactions outside of small dollar trades/sales are becoming obsolete. They are still gonna be there for the hanger ons so to speak like myself but I can see they attraction to the other avenues
Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #134 (permalink)

Is this a Good Time to ask if anybody wants to purchase a "Baller Lot"?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Is this a Good Time to ask if anybody wants to purchase a "Baller Lot"?
only if I can pay gift and not know what's in the lot ahead of time.

i can send you 11k gift payment in a heartbeat.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
only if I can pay gift and not know what's in the lot ahead of time.

i can send you 11k gift payment in a heartbeat.
I will throw in a set of Beats by Dre to thank you for your business.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #137 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
I will throw in a set of Beats by Dre to thank you for your business.
I will sell you a logo shield of Shady McCoy for $3k and vouch you actually bought it when you really did not. That way I can run cover for your operation
Old 04-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I will sell you a logo shield of Shady McCoy for $3k and vouch you actually bought it when you really did not. That way I can run cover for your operation
C'mon nobody on Blowout could possibly fall for this idea.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
C'mon nobody on Blowout could possibly fall for this idea.
While I get the joke, outside of maybe 20 members that would call out the warning signs right away, I could absolutely see this exact scam working again just like it did. That is the blessing of those that are willing to take heat by calling out red flags. People don't like those of us that do it but they are fooling themselves if they don't think it makes a difference. I understand it is easier to sit back, not get involved and worry only about numero uno but in my opinion that defeats the purpose of being part of this crazy, dysfunctional, BO family.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #140 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Remember too that the mystery lots were 100% against the rules.

The mods have taken a lot of heat for "allowing" the mystery lots, but not one person reported them until well after the fact. The mods never knew because people were lining up to be allowed to send him their money - not reporting the thread.

Some people after the fact have claimed to know all along that he was a scammer, but nobody ever reported him for that or those mystery lot threads until days later. I did see in a few threads where he was called out for language or insults and even rude behavior, but I never saw a thread or post calling him a scammer until after or around the post where he was supposedly getting on a plane.

If no one had joined the mystery lots, that scam would not have worked - so I do not think that will ever work again. Not to that extent.

Also, gift payments are not allowed and so no one should be sending gift payments and being unprotected.

So that should also cut way down on the gift payment scamming.

As for the old international shipment and no tracking scam, USPS.com allows first class labels with tracking to be printed for most countries now including Canada, Australia, and Japan - our biggest international populations. So that should eliminate that old scam too.

The only real worrisome trouble spots that I can see are trades and grading submissions. You should only trade with people that you know and trust or use third parties. For BGS and PSA submissions, only use hosts that you trust and have a long standing reputation, but even then it is still the one area on the forum that I feel we are most vulnerable.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Remember too that the mystery lots were 100% against the rules.

The mods have taken a lot of heat for "allowing" the mystery lots, but not one person reported them until well after the fact. The mods never knew because people were lining up to be allowed to send him their money - not reporting the thread.

Some people after the fact have claimed to know all along that he was a scammer, but nobody ever reported him for that or those mystery lot threads until days later. I did see in a few threads where he was called out for language or insults and even rude behavior, but I never saw a thread or post calling him a scammer until after or around the post where he was supposedly getting on a plane.

If no one had joined the mystery lots, that scam would not have worked - so I do not think that will ever work again. Not to that extent.

Also, gift payments are not allowed and so no one should be sending gift payments and being unprotected.

So that should also cut way down on the gift payment scamming.

As for the old international shipment and no tracking scam, USPS.com allows first class labels with tracking to be printed for most countries now including Canada, Australia, and Japan - our biggest international populations. So that should eliminate that old scam too.

The only real worrisome trouble spots that I can see are trades and grading submissions. You should only trade with people that you know and trust or use third parties. For BGS and PSA submissions, only use hosts that you trust and have a long standing reputation, but even then it is still the one area on the forum that I feel we are most vulnerable.
Some very good points. There is another one which is indefensible and could be done with any value of card. I'm not going to mention it because I don't want to be guilty if someone tries it after reading this. Yes, even a 12 yo kid could think of it but I still don't want it on my hands. It has happened here a few times and is almost 100% of the time a he said/ he said deal with the seller taking the loss. I don't see any way to prevent it either.

That is why I send 99.99999% of my cards to COMC. Sure, it is a cluster at this very moment but I have never been scammed there and I have never lost a card or a case. I rarely even check the B/S/T section here any more. Just isn't worth the hassle.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 AM   #142 (permalink)

is that guy that sent 11 k gift payments even here anymore?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:12 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
is that guy that sent 11 k gift payments even here anymore?
Yes ............. and no, I still don't believe him.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Yes ............. and no, I still don't believe him.
And...........you're still wrong.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:56 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
And...........you're still wrong.
i dunno willyV- i got taken for a ride by a guy that sounded sincere on the phone.

you have to be brain-damaged to send 11k blindly over the internet.

since i'm not sleepy, did some digging.

this post right here is what tipped it for me:

broncomanning18 is a top notch member and a great person to do deals with!

seriously, 3 weeks after "first contact" somebody sends 11k blindly AFTER they had already sent cards they weren't paid for? yep. way off topic, but worth the fun read.

Last edited by Clarka3; 04-04-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
i dunno willyV- i got taken for a ride by a guy that sounded sincere on the phone.

you have to be brain-damaged to send 11k blindly over the internet.

since i'm not sleepy, did some digging.

this post right here is what tipped it for me:

broncomanning18 is a top notch member and a great person to do deals with!

seriously, 3 weeks after "first contact" somebody sends 11k blindly AFTER they had already sent cards they weren't paid for? yep. way off topic, but worth the fun read.
Not just 11k...11k gift.... The absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen in all my life. I wouldn't send 11k gift to Jesus just based on all the things that could go wrong that weren't even in his control. You need protection on the net for every deal... I will never understand how one adult could do something so stupid.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
HA cruiserdaddy...put that in your pipe and smoke it. I win again USA USA USA!!!
I must concede as it appears I lost this one. I think I may have gained a few entries after tonight though. Dealing with the needs of a newborn and lack of sleep... Not so fun.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:08 AM   #148 (permalink)

Its funny how everyone has a different output on JRB, but has no idea who he is in person.

Maybe he got a bad rep here, not really sure, but ive known him for a while and I get along with him well

There's no way I am going to sit here and read six pages, but JRB is a good dude in person. Again, I really don't know what happened here though

I PC Stephen Curry
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #149 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumpert2190 View Post
Its funny how everyone has a different output on JRB, but has no idea who he is in person.

Maybe he got a bad rep here, not really sure, but ive known him for a while and I get along with him well

There's no way I am going to sit here and read six pages, but JRB is a good dude in person. Again, I really don't know what happened here though
You don't have to read the whole thread, just the first post.

This is your "good" person:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Fish you are the biggest coward (edited) (edited) I have ever met on the internet. You people have alot of hell coming your way with this banning. You destroyed my character and let these little (edited) do what they want, yet I can't defend myself. You also let that (edited) (edited) Whodini ruin my character.

GO (edited) YOURSELF YOU (edited) (edited)

(edited) (edited) you opened up a whole can of worms on this. I am filing a chargeback on every single pending deal I have on your website. You corrupt piece of (edited) (edited) (edited).
Old 04-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumpert2190 View Post

This thread shows that JRB isn't a very good person here....... It shows a lot of poor traits.