Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
ND3

Sounds to me that the package probably wasn't insured for the full amount. When you sell cards package them properly. Don't spend the money until the other party has received the item and you are confident they happy with the purchase.

Coby paypal claim all the way. Only issue is that if Mommy has the money it is no longer in the account and not sure paypal will be able to recover the funds.

Good luck and hopefully you get your $$ back.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #27 (permalink)

Wow. I don't even know what to say. It kinda makes me feel bad for young'uns like hog who seem to be responsible when I see kids time and time again pulling crap like this.
btimm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlongoriafan View Post
I AM TRYING TO GET THE MONEY!!!! I don't have $850 laying around right now. I need to get the money. We are working it out.
You took his payment no problem. So you spent the money Coby paid....knowing you sold damaged cards and some of them got even more banged up because of your poor packing?

Wow if this kid doesn't get some kind of suspension or ban this place is going to attract more scammers.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Very mature. I am 14. My mom has most of my money right now. She told me to see the pictures first. Don't refund anything until we talk to the post office on Thursday. I NEED TO SEE HOW MUCH I'M COVERED FOR!!!!! I sent you a PM Coby.
Quote:
I am deleting my account when this is all settled out. I NEED TO SEE SCANS OF ALL THE CARDS IN THE LOT. I AM INSURED!!!!!
Quote:
Like I said. I'll see what I am covered for. I have scans when I shipped them. Thats why I need scans for every single card. To compare. I AM NOT GOING TO SCAM USPS! It still is there fault for whatever ones were damaged. We are working this out.
Quote:
I AM TRYING TO GET THE MONEY!!!! I don't have $850 laying around right now. I need to get the money. We are working it out.
How the hell do you not know how much you insured the package for?!?!?!?!?!
Also, how did 25 cards fit in a bubble mailer? Must have been one big ass mailer.......lol
Who took the package to the PO?
How much did the actual shipping cost you? We can then determine how much insurance you posted.

Trick Question....................Did the PO accept your Paypal Mailing Label?

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
I think we need to have our age listed with our ID's.
Agreed 200%, because [no offense] I don't want to waste my time and money dealing with a bunch of stupid little kids.
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Agreed 200%, because [no offense] I don't want to waste my time and money dealing with a bunch of stupid little kids.
Not to mention that children cannot legally enter into a contract.

Very shady that seller does not know what the cards were insured for.

He needs to refund the $$ ASAP, buyer needs to return the cards and seller work out whatever he can with USPS.

About 10 years ago it took me 8 months to get a USPS insurance claim paid and that was for only $70.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #32 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
How the hell do you not know how much you insured the package for?!?!?!?!?!
Also, how did 25 cards fit in a bubble mailer? Must have been one big ass mailer.......lol
Who took the package to the PO?
How much did the actual shipping cost you? We can then determine how much insurance you posted.

Trick Question....................Did the PO accept your Paypal Mailing Label?
Postage was $22.10 and it was a Large Buble mailer but about 15 of the cards were just taped together and thrown in (No Top Loaders) NOTHING! Paid for insurance/DC/Priority. I am pretty sure the Cards were in this Shape before they were shipped and thus the reason for not protecting them and just wanting USPS to pay for some of the cards. Wants me to scan every card for him to take to the PO. I am not sending scans of every card to him to help him file his claim. I am out $850 and have nothing but JUNK!! Just hope paypal refunds my money once i get the cards shipped back to him. Ill show him how to ship cards as i am goiing to send in PRIORITY MED BOX for $10.85 which protects cards.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Sounds to me that the package probably wasn't insured for the full amount. When you sell cards package them properly. Don't spend the money until the other party has received the item and you are confident they happy with the purchase.

Coby paypal claim all the way. Only issue is that if Mommy has the money it is no longer in the account and not sure paypal will be able to recover the funds.

Good luck and hopefully you get your $$ back.
Nick, it's probably mommy's paypal account. A 14 year old can't have a paypal account, can they? If that's the case, it's probably back with some sort of credit or bank card.

As far as age goes, I feel that any minor entering in to an agreement must disclose their age prior to the closing of the deal.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Very mature. I am 14. My mom has most of my money right now. She told me to see the pictures first. Don't refund anything until we talk to the post office on Thursday. I NEED TO SEE HOW MUCH I'M COVERED FOR!!!!! I sent you a PM Coby.
Ive only gotten through the 1st page but even if it was insured, if the cards got damaged because you shipped them in a manner that wasnt your best at keeping them from being damaged during shipping, your claim will be denied.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #35 (permalink)

Wow.. what a train-wreck this was eh!?!? lol.. thats why this place is such a joke now. No offense to the faithful and of-age ppl of BO but this is what makes things difficult now. Honest ppl are few and far between these days...sad but true!
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
Wow.. what a train-wreck this was eh!?!? lol.. thats why this place is such a joke now. No offense to the faithful and of-age ppl of BO but this is what makes things difficult now. Honest ppl are few and far between these days...sad but true!
Dont loose faith in the site!! This only my 2nd Bad transaction out of HUNDREDS. Most on here are very Legit and i love this place as its an easy simple way of trading/selling/buying without the heavy fees. I am just going to start my own little BLACK BALL list LOL.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Postage was $22.10 and it was a Large Buble mailer but about 15 of the cards were just taped together and thrown in (No Top Loaders) NOTHING! Paid for insurance/DC/Priority. I am pretty sure the Cards were in this Shape before they were shipped and thus the reason for not protecting them and just wanting USPS to pay for some of the cards. Wants me to scan every card for him to take to the PO. I am not sending scans of every card to him to help him file his claim. I am out $850 and have nothing but JUNK!! Just hope paypal refunds my money once i get the cards shipped back to him. Ill show him how to ship cards as i am goiing to send in PRIORITY MED BOX for $10.85 which protects cards.
I would have used a FRB as well. It probabably would have been cheaper to ship it that way with the Insurance & DC.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #38 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Dont loose faith in the site!! This only my 2nd Bad transaction out of HUNDREDS. Most on here are very Legit and i love this place as its an easy simple way of trading/selling/buying without the heavy fees. I am just going to start my own little BLACK BALL list LOL.
Coby we already have a BLACK LIST! I believe BamBam, CaptainBohica, or TonsilHockeyJunkie has a copy.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Coby we already have a BLACK LIST! I believe BamBam, CaptainBohica, or TonsilHockeyJunkie has a copy.
WTF? Is this a new member? Is she hot?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Good to know. I don't have the time to do it that much but when I do, i like to know who I'm dealing with... already got burned a couple times.
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #41 (permalink)

Those were some nice looking cards, shame to see that happen to them.

I've seen a few Ebay sellers do the "toploader on each side, cards taped in the middle" thing a few times. Luckily nothing I received was damaged, but I don't know how they weren't, given that method of shipping.

Sorry to hear about the trouble and a real shame to see some nice cards and patches become worthless.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #42 (permalink)
hog
Banned

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Really? Was that comment needed?
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #43 (permalink)

I am surprised that no toploaders were used for some of those cards . How bad of a situation can you be in if you don't put your cards in toploaders when you sell / ship them to others .
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #44 (permalink)

This is just horrible. Seriously man, he does not need to wait for the post office to come through on your end.

I would go down to the post office and see how much that package was insured for in the first place, and then I would let them know what you think is going on here. He sent the cards out already damaged, and then trying to collect money based on the insurance. This is straight BS that someone is willing to take your money, but they are willing to pull some garbage like this.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Those were some nice looking cards, shame to see that happen to them.

I've seen a few Ebay sellers do the "toploader on each side, cards taped in the middle" thing a few times. Luckily nothing I received was damaged, but I don't know how they weren't, given that method of shipping.

Sorry to hear about the trouble and a real shame to see some nice cards and patches become worthless.
I have received cards from many members on this board that were shipped like this as well. It is amazing what people will do to save a $1.

Shipping cards:

1.Put them in a soft sleeve and top loader
2. Put them in a team bag (I am alright with soft sleeves if done in team bag surrounded by a couple hard sleeves on each end)
3. DO NOT USE TAPE
4. Always send with DC#...If over $50 send with insurance
5. Always use extra padding. Filler cards, paper towels, paper, shipping peaunuts...something to cushion the cards.
6. For Tristar/Topps....Use the correct size hard sleeve. Putting a card in a sleeve that is too big causes damamge as well (my last two redemptions were damaged due to this)
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #46 (permalink)

I 100 % agree with you Magicman32 . I think there should be a list of what collectors have to do when they ship a card because peole are just throwing the card in the mailer with no pretection of the card at all.
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I think we need to have our age listed with our ID's.
I agree. I believe the member's age should be listed in the area where iTrader and ebay ID is. No way I would have been comfortable sending that amount of money to a 14 year old.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
I agree. I believe the member's age should be listed in the area where iTrader and ebay ID is. No way I would have been comfortable sending that amount of money to a 14 year old.
I agree...there are 14 year old's who are completly capable of having good smooth transactions, but there are some who are not. Not knowing the age is a huge deal for me.
loganc169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #49 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
But how do you confirm this? Anybody could put down any age they wanted to.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Really? Was that comment needed?
Yes, because more often than not, on here, and other boards - when there is a problem like this, its because of a child who is too immature, or lazy, or both to do things the right way.

Doesn't mean they all are - but I still agree with the original post I replied to - the persons age should be shown so that people are aware they are dealing with children and not adults.
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote