Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong.
The buyer also gets involved with the PO at there end too.The PO would want to see the original package because most clams are concealed damage due to improper packing. Also I believer the buyer fills out a report that goes to the original PO that the package came from before ANY insurance pay out is done.
I had to deal with one PO claim -- a seller inappropriately packed a card that got damaged in shipping. Even though it was their fault they insisted on filing an insurance claim. I had to march down to the Post Office with all the packing materials and meet with the Postmaster as well as proof of what I paid for the items.

The claim was denied because it wasn't shipped securely, and I was ticked that I had to spend part of an afternoon waiting around the post office. The seller eventually refunded my money.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #102 (permalink)
Inactive Account

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD! I am just Going to MOVE ON! It was Great In here while it lasted but i am DONE. GREAT TO Get to Know all of you that did so many Transactions with me and feel free to visit me on Ebay. ITS just TOO Risky on Large amount Purchases with no Buyer Protection. Thanks, Coby Jones
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #103 (permalink)

Hog,
Where have you been threatened in this thread? See, you want to spout off and then when things start going south it goes to "quit picking on the kids". Give it a rest already.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #104 (permalink)

Since when do you get insurance money for shipping cards badly? Last time I checked USPS or UPS only insures when they damage it or they lose it.
bballcardheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #105 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Well One more Post then i am done!! This is for EVERYONES INFO PLEASE READ!! I just got off the PHONE with Paypal and i had to file a CHARGEBACK with my Credit Card Company!! Thank god i paid with a Credit card. Paypal NEW POLICY IS: They only cover the buyer to the point the item is Delivered!! They NO LONGER cover goods shipped badly or if they are not as described etc UNLESS you buy it Through EBAY ONLY!! Any purchases outside of EBAY are Not Covered. If you buy something dont pay with your paypal Balance USE A CREDIT CARD like i did. Its your only HOPE in a situation of this sort. I asked about the Seller and the credit card company through paypal said they will go after the collections from the seller. The CHARGEBACK saved me on this one. Anyway be carefull of what you buy and how you pay for it as the new PAYPAL policy no longer covers you outside EBAY. The Chargeback takes about 7-10 days to Complete but you do get your money back and company will go after the Merchant or the Seller in this situation. They will take the necessary LEGAL action on their end. I have to do alot but it will be worth it in the end!! Thanks, Coby

Last edited by TSJCT; 08-11-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
Well One more Post then i am done!! This is for EVERYONES INFO PLEASE READ!! I just got off the PHONE with Paypal and i had to file a CHARGEBACK with my Credit Card Company!! Thank god i paid with a Credit card. Paypal NEW POLICY IS: They only cover the buyer to the point the item is Delivered!! They NO LONGER cover goods shipped badly or if they are not as described etc UNLESS you buy it Through EBAY ONLY!! Any purchases outside of EBAY are Not Covered. If you buy something dont pay with your paypal Balance USE A CREDIT CARD like i did. Its your only HOPE in a situation of this sort. I asked about the Seller and the credit card company through paypal said they will go after the collections from the seller. The CHARGEBACK saved me on this one. Anyway be carefull of what you buy and how you pay for it as the new PAYPAL policy no longer covers you outside EBAY. The Chargeback takes about 7-10 days to Complete but you do get your money back and company will go after the Merchant or the Seller in this situation. They will take the necessary LEGAL action on their end. I have to do alot but it will be worth it in the end!! Thanks, Coby
Coby, I have been reading this all along, completely feel like you deserve a refund.... also for you information paypal has had that stance for awhile now.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #107 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR0747 View Post
Coby, I have been reading this all along, completely feel like you deserve a refund.... also for you information paypal has had that stance for awhile now.
Thanks! I have printed out all private messages from the seller and this entire thread as i have to send it in for the records. Its a pain in the butt, but they have to have it to go after the seller.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, Paypal has done this for a while now. It is truly regrettable that they do this, as it is fairly easy for a seller to scam buyers (have been on the wrong end of this a few times before).

Glad to see you'll be getting your money back, Coby. I hope one bad transaction doesn't deter you from the hobby, as you're one of Blowout's best.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #109 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
Yeah, Paypal has done this for a while now. It is truly regrettable that they do this, as it is fairly easy for a seller to scam buyers (have been on the wrong end of this a few times before).

Glad to see you'll be getting your money back, Coby. I hope one bad transaction doesn't deter you from the hobby, as you're one of Blowout's best.
thanks man! I will still def. Deal with the regulars i have dealt with before.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

wow what a cluster F of a thread.

all i want to know is......................... is the mom hot?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
wow what a cluster F of a thread.

all i want to know is......................... is the mom hot?
Now that the Captain has spoken, this thread is complete.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #112 (permalink)

I hope this thread gets passed along to ELF's postmaster so that his claim gets denied.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #113 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
I hope this thread gets passed along to ELF's postmaster so that his claim gets denied.
Everything is being taken to my local postmaster along with all of this Thread and all private PM's he sent me. I am taking this all the way if i am going to have to fight for my money. His local Authority, His USPS, My USPS, Paypal, and who ever else needs it
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Everything is being taken to my local postmaster along with all of this Thread and all private PM's he sent me. I am taking this all the way if i am going to have to fight for my money. His local Authority, His USPS, My USPS, Paypal, and who ever else needs it
dont forget about his mom
garyg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
NICE! mom will not like that.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #116 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Wow, and to think I spent forever getting my package together. HEck even when I used "tape" (which I hate too but it is an evil necessary sometimes) I was careful to fold the ends of both sides for easy removal. Sorry for such a bad deal Coby! Hope my package made it ok. Heck i figured it out you'll get more in credit from BO than i got for the entire lot on the cards that will qualify!! LOL but thats part the game in buying/selling. Good luck on the transaction resolution!
Dustin
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganc169 View Post
I agree...there are 14 year old's who are completly capable of having good smooth transactions, but there are some who are not. Not knowing the age is a huge deal for me.
No! No! No!

Absolutely no minor is capable of having a smooth transaction, they cannot enter into a contract.

I did a deal with ELG. It went fine. If I had known he was under 18 I wouldn't have done it because he could still try to void the contract.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:22 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Bravo sir! He doesnt deserve the insurance claim.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:01 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
You think the police care if this kid sent you dinged up cards? Save yourself the time unless you want to hear "sir thats a civil matter". Im sorry to hear of the loss, but the police wont help you. The USPS same thing. These were not shipped with proper protection and good luck proving these werent damaged before they shipped. Paypal is your best bet.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #120 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
You think the police care if this kid sent you dinged up cards? Save yourself the time unless you want to hear "sir thats a civil matter". Im sorry to hear of the loss, but the police wont help you. The USPS same thing. These were not shipped with proper protection and good luck proving these werent damaged before they shipped. Paypal is your best bet.
I am Just contacting Locals as i was told to do by the CC company as he is committing MAIL FRAUD. Just sending them a copy of all our private messages where he stated HE knew he should never have sent cards in this condition and he is going to just throw them away when he gets them back. NO only is he screwing Me on the cards but he is SCREWING ALL of us by filling a Fraudulent CLAIM. He is the reason USPS keeping raising rates on Insurance and everything else. Just sending same thing to USPS so they can see the BS he is pulling on them also. AND NOT DEALING with paypal as they dont cover Damaged/Misrepresented Goods just dealing with CC company.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #121 (permalink)

wow...just spent my tme reading this...just wondering if ELF has scans of how the cards looked prior to shipping, couldn't he post those to clear his name??
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #122 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
wow...just spent my tme reading this...just wondering if ELF has scans of how the cards looked prior to shipping, couldn't he post those to clear his name??
I would LOVE to see those myself! Post away ELF lets see how great they looked before you shipped to me. Clear your NAME
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
I am Just contacting Locals as i was told to do by the CC company as he is committing MAIL FRAUD. Just sending them a copy of all our private messages where he stated HE knew he should never have sent cards in this condition and he is going to just throw them away when he gets them back. NO only is he screwing Me on the cards but he is SCREWING ALL of us by filling a Fraudulent CLAIM. He is the reason USPS keeping raising rates on Insurance and everything else. Just sending same thing to USPS so they can see the BS he is pulling on them also. AND NOT DEALING with paypal as they dont cover Damaged/Misrepresented Goods just dealing with CC company.
As you said the KEY LESSON here is paying with a CC. I agree the USPS should not pay a dime on this thing and Im willing to bet they wont.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Here are some...

2007 Exquisite Patches FS

The damage on some of the cards between the "2-0-0-7" swatches is clearly visible in the pictures. Coby, did you see this post before agreeing to buying them?

Clearly its not USPS's fault no matter how this plays out.

But I have to ask, where is the rest of the money from this deal coming from? The cards in that post only add up to less than $400 and thats at ELM's full asking price. (Many of which seem inflated to me) What cards made up the other $450+ and were those cards ok?

Not trying to defend or support either side... just seems like there is a lot of info missing so far about this deal.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike

Last edited by ohiomike; 08-12-2010 at 04:48 PM.
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #125 (permalink)

Good catch Mike! I never saw that post. I can see on the Swisher card from the 0-4 the crease is right there plain as day. The crease is also there on the Fielder from the 0-5. Wow, this just doesn't look good at all.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote